Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,181 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor (650 Views)

A Nairaland Got Married To His Beautiful Bride after 6 years of dating / 22-Year-Old Nigerian Man Dumped By 42-Year-Old Chinese Girlfriend (Photos) / Man Tries To Pacify His Unhappy Bride After Being Provoked At Their Wedding.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor by Samuelcyprial(m): 1:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
Struggling mother of four, Wilfa Soto Peguero claimed she agreed to get to know Glyn Thomas Bailey in person after he offered to help her raise her children.

She claims there was something of a plot twist when she went to pick him up at the airport and he had no ticket back home and no money.

Wilfa ended up turning herself and Glyn, of Rhymney in south east Wales, into the most talked about couple in the Caribbean nation after recording a social media video pleading for someone to take him off her hands because she didn’t have enough money to maintain him.

Newspapers and TV stations in the Dominican Republic have raked over Glyn’s social media profiles, which has provoked parodies accounts to mock him as a fake Prince Charming.

He is expected to be flown back to the UK with the help of locally-based British diplomats. The doomed romance was sparked when Wilda agreed to meet him after a six-month Internet affair using Google Translate in which he admitted he wasn’t wealthy but promised to help her raise her children.

British man famous in Dominican Republic
She said: ‘I asked him to send me money so I could go and fetch him from the airport and he never sent me anything.
‘But as he was coming to meet me I couldn’t just abandon him like he was a nobody so I decided to borrow money to go to the airport.
‘Later when I checked his ticket I realised he’d come with the intention of staying here and I can’t look after him.
‘I have explained it to him a thousand ways.
If I had my own house I’d let him stay but I don’t.’ In a warning to other women she added: ‘I’m making this video for many young people, for many women, so that they learn from what happened to me and don’t try to find love online. ‘That was a mistake I made and won’t make again. I’ve got my heart and I’m not going to refuse him food when he’s not giving me any money but I can’t look after him.’

Watch video at http://www.scblog.com.ng/2017/12/man-dumped-by-internet-bride-after-she.html

Re: Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor by Daniel2289(m): 1:52pm On Dec 12, 2017
I disagree with her that u can't find love online. I know some people that met online, and they are living happily now. But I know the rate is very low. She was just too carried away. And she didn't look before she leap.
Re: Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor by chibuzorAbia: 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2017
Marrying a poor dependent woman is very risky!
Re: Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor by chynie: 6:51pm On Dec 12, 2017
The man dey mad
So he wan come add load for the woman head
He should go joor
Re: Man Dumped By Internet Bride After She Discovered He Was Poor by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2017
If you no get money hide your face, na davido talk am o grin.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry The Person You Are Currently Dating? / Zimbabwean Woman Dumps Husband For Demanding 5 Rounds Of Sex Daily / “he Fought For His Life 3 Times And Survived’ – Mum Shares Son’s Survival Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.