Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:23 AM

The Heaven Created By God In Genesis 1:1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Heaven Created By God In Genesis 1:1 (380 Views)

Who Were The Three Men Who Appeared To Abraham In Genesis 18? / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Heaven Created By God In Genesis 1:1 by FaithfulServant(m): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2017
As it is written in Genesis 1:1: “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

There is confusion as to which “heaven" is being referred to here. Some say the abode of God, while some others say the visible heavens i.e. the sky, abode of stars, sun etc.

Someone asked, if God created the heaven and the earth as stated in Genesis 1:1, then where was the abode of God before the creation of the world? This is a brilliant question and it’s asked because the questioner here thinks that the heaven being referred to in Genesis 1:1, is referring to the abode of God but this is not true. The heaven being referred to in Genesis 1:1 is the visible sky (Genesis 1:8 ).

In the story of the creation of the world and after Genesis 1:1, the Bible went on further to describe how the heaven and earth was created. It started in verse 2 of Genesis 1 and how the earth was without form and how the Spirit of God — Holy Spirit — played an active role in the creation of the world (Genesis 1:2).

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters (Genesis 1:2).

After the formless earth was described, light was created when God with a loud voice said, “let there be light” and the darkness of the earth at that time could not comprehend the voice of the Lord and gave way (Genesis 1:3-5; John 8:12).

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light (Genesis 1:3).

The description of the creation of the world went on further and how the heaven was created is described in Genesis 1:6-8. In Genesis 1:8: “And God called the firmament Heaven…”. This was after the creation of the firmament and God called it Heaven. Firmament is the sky and that is the Heaven that is being referred to in Genesis 1:1.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day (Genesis 1:8 ).

For the invincible heaven and abode of God, it has always been in existence even before the world was made and before the world began.

https://www.gospelandtruth.com/2017/12/the-heaven-created-by-god-in-genesis-11.html?m=1
Re: The Heaven Created By God In Genesis 1:1 by danvon(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2017
There is a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, Jeremiah 4:23-28, “I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.” God destroyed the earth when Lucifer rebelled against him that's how it became without form and void, the verse uses the exact "without form and void" just a suggestion though
Re: The Heaven Created By God In Genesis 1:1 by FaithfulServant(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2017
danvon:
There is a gap between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, Jeremiah 4:23-28, “I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger. For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.” God destroyed the earth when Lucifer rebelled against him that's how it became without form and void, the verse uses the exact "without form and void" just a suggestion though

Thanks for your contribution

(1) (Reply)

I Need Spiritual Help / T.B Joshua Helped Jeorge Weah To Become The President Of Liberia: Fani Kayode / SCOAN Church Gives 3.9 Million Naira To Each Of The 39 Deportees From Libya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.