Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? (3017 Views)

Did God Really Curse Man In Genesis Chapter 3? / Who Were The Sons Of God in The Bible? As Written In Genesis Chapter 6:2 / Nephilim And Sons Of God: Who Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

There is debate about the identity of the Sons of God in Genesis 6.

I believe the Sons of God were angels (fallen) but however, they could easily have possessed the bodies of human male to marry and bare children. The children would be purely human, however, since it is known that the presence of demons in humans causes such humans to have enhanced abilities, the genetic make up of the children could have being altered so that their children had enhanced human abilities.

This is just my thought anyway

Having done som research in the bible
I don't think the Sons of God are actually angels.

I will create a new post for it.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by BirtherOfKings(f): 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Funny thought
Thanks for sharing
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2022
BirtherOfKings:
Funny thought
Thanks for sharing

thanks, just my thought.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
I believe the Sons of God were angels (fallen) but however, they could easily have possessed the bodies of human male to marry and bare children. The children would be purely human, however, since it is known that the presence of demons in humans causes such humans to have enhanced abilities, the genetic makeup of the children could have being altered so that their children had enhanced human abilities.

This same thought of yours seems to be shared by many who are into the arts of demonology and angelology, mostly of pagan leanings ... any idea how come? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
The demonic who was residing in the tombs had super human strength.

Luke 8:29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)

Meaning his body had enhanced strength, he was able to brake metal chains like nothing.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
This same thought of yours seems to be shared by many who are into the arts of demonology and angelology, mostly of pagan leanings ... any idea how come? undecided
Where did you see the art demonology and angelology?

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
Where did you see the art demonology and angelology?
The thoughts you claim are yours are from the doctrines of such ideas. They are not from scripture. undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 8:17pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The thoughts you claim are yours are from the doctrines of such ideas. They are not from scripture. undecided
undecided so they are your ideas, right?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
undecided so they are your ideas, right?
Not mine since I didn't write the books of Enoch and the book called [i]demonologie [/i]as well as the many others that add various interpretations to that written in just a few lines of Genesis 6. undecided

As a matter of fact, the book, demonologie, was written by none other than King James, the same one who translated and compiled what is the King James Bible. undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 8:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
Another possible answer to Gensis 6 is that the nephilim may not actually be the children of the fallen angels.

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

This is because the Bible did not actually state they were the offspring but rather the Nephillims were present in those days and beyond.

However it is clear that the Nephillims were humans humans not Hybrid.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
The demonic who was residing in the tombs had super human strength.
Luke 8:29 (For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)

Meaning his body had enhanced strength, he was able to brake metal chains like nothing.
His body had enhanced strength or he simply had a higher tolerance for pain, unlike most of us? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Not mine since I didn't write the books of Enoch and the book called [i]demonologie [/i]as well as the many others that add various interpretations to that written in just a few lines of Genesis 6. undecided

As a matter of fact, the book, demonologie, was written by none other than King James, the same one who translated and compiled what is the King James Bible. undecided
You are deluded. Book of Enoch that was written as far back as 2 BCE .

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
His body had enhanced strength or he simply had a higher tolerance for pain, unlike most of us? undecided
how was he able to brake chains?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
You are deluded. Book of Enoch that was written as far back as 2 BCE .
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So, was the [url=https://ia601001.us.archive.org/19/items/TheCompleteBookOfEnochStandardEnglishVersionJayWinter/The%20Complete%20Book%20of%20Enoch%2C%20Standard%20English%20Version%20-%20Jay%20Winter.pdf]Book of Enoch[/url] also written by Enoch at that point in time? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
how was he able to brake chains?
What were the chains made of? Rope, Steel, Iron? What? How strong were the links in the chain? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Janosky: 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

I believe the Sons of God were angels (fallen) but however, they could easily have possessed the bodies of human male to marry and bare children. The children would be purely human, however, since it is known that the presence of demons in humans causes such humans to have enhanced abilities, the genetic make up of the children could have being altered so that their children had enhanced human abilities.

Bene ha Elohim = Sons of the God=Angels.
Check the Hebrew meaning of Bene ha Elohim.
Yahweh is always referenced as ha Elohim ( the God in the holy scriptures.
If you check Greek John 1:1, "the God" is there.
@ Deuteronomy 10:17/ Greek John 4:24, the God of gods.
"The God" is not Jesus Christ.)
No need for long grammar and jargon.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Jokerman(m): 8:35pm On Oct 04, 2022
Fallen Angels.

Read the book of Enoch.

These fallen angels are also principalities in high places and under the earth.

Many of them now parade themselves as gods e.g Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Ra, Medussa, Hermes, Isis, Osiris, Amadioha, Queen of Heaven (Disguising as Mary) etc.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Jokerman:
Fallen Angels. Read the book of Enoch. These fallen angels are also principalities in high places and under the earth. Many of them now parade themselves as gods e.g Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Ra, Medussa, Hermes, Isis, Osiris, Amadioha, Queen of Heaven (Disguising as Mary) etc.
Interesting! So you believe the book of Enoch is God's Truth? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 9:03pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
What were the chains made of? Rope, Steel, Iron? What? How strong were the links in the chain? undecided
what are chains made of?
undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 9:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Jokerman:
Fallen Angels.

Read the book of Enoch.

These fallen angels are also principalities in high places and under the earth.

Many of them now parade themselves as gods e.g Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Ra, Medussa, Hermes, Isis, Osiris, Amadioha, Queen of Heaven (Disguising as Mary) etc.
Fallen angels are demons.
The book of Enoch was not written by Enoch but by Jewish mystics.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 9:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
Janosky:

Bene ha Elohim = Sons of the God=Angels.
Check the Hebrew meaning of Bene ha Elohim.
Yahweh is always referenced as ha Elohim ( the God in the holy scriptures.
If you check Greek John 1:1, "the God" is there.
@ Deuteronomy 10:17/ Greek John 4:24, the God of gods.
"The God" is not Jesus Christ.)
No need for long grammar and jargon.
There are times when God is used in rereference to Jesus nature. John 1 vv 1.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:
what are chains made of?
undecided

A chain is a serial assembly of connected pieces, called links, typically made of metal, with an overall character similar to that of a rope in that it is flexible and curved in compression but linear, rigid, and load-bearing in tension.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkie: 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2022
Steep:

There are times when God is used in rereference to Jesus nature. John 1 vv 1.
Did you know that all followers of Jesus Christ, who are made free by the Truth of God(Jesus Christ) will eventually become Sons of God as well - John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Maynmann: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
ROFLMAO!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

So, was the [url=https://ia601001.us.archive.org/19/items/TheCompleteBookOfEnochStandardEnglishVersionJayWinter/The%20Complete%20Book%20of%20Enoch%2C%20Standard%20English%20Version%20-%20Jay%20Winter.pdf]Book of Enoch[/url] also written by Enoch at that point in time? undecided
Is it not written in the “scripture” again?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 3:19am On Oct 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:

according to that definition a chain is made up of what? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 3:20am On Oct 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did you know that all followers of Jesus Christ, who are made free by the Truth of God(Jesus Christ) will eventually become Sons of God as well - John 8 vs 31 - 35 undecided
What did John 1vv1 say?
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkiee: 3:39am On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:

What did John 1vv1 say?
Translation, John 1 vs 1 is saying Jesus Christ is a God but Jesus Christ is not God, the Father, as He, Jesus Christ, is less than God the Father. undecided

Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkie: 3:42am On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:
according to that definition a chain is made up of what? undecided
um.... the definition clearly explains that a chain can be made of even non-metallic materials, or did you not bother to read it at all. undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 3:51am On Oct 05, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Translation, John 1 vs 1 is saying Jesus Christ is a God but Jesus Christ is not God, the Father, as He, Jesus Christ, is less than God the Father. undecided
Where did I say Jesus was God the father? undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 3:51am On Oct 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
um.... the definition clearly explains that a chain can be made of even non-metallic materials, or did you not bother to read it at all. undecided
when was non metallic chain invented?
Non metallic chains is only of recent use.
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Oct 05, 2022
Steep:
example of non metallic chains?
example ke? undecided

Read the wiki or Google to find them. undecided
Re: Who Are The Sons Of God In Genesis Chapter 6? by Steep: 4:15am On Oct 05, 2022
Kobojunkie:
example ke? undecided

Read the wiki or Google to find them. undecided

when was non metallic chain invented?
Non metallic chains is only of recent use.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!! / Stoning The Devil: Christians, Atheists, Everyone Should Learn From This Ritual. / Is Spirituality Subjective Or Objective?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.