Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,924 members, 7,814,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

"Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React (43719 Views)

Twitter Is Down Too! Unable To Load Tweets (Photos) / Five People Whose Absence Will Make Nigerian Twitter Boring – Add Yours / Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Artistree: 10:44am On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

wrong!!

more like : it is "it's" not "its" tongue
I helped out cos I know u wanted to abbreviate cheesy
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Martin0(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2017
Blackhawk01:

Oshey! Gbagaun master! cheesy grin
Afi "proof" na grin lipsrsealed

Madam yellow u go jus dey laugh,gringrin
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Blackhawk01: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
well I'm not surprise that you are saying I'm wrong...

You attended Yoruba school in Ibadan..
lol runs out of thread..

*pulls him back*

Oya go back and read your statement, should you use a verb or a noun in that context?

Your mud school did a bad job, prophet. tongue

7 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Blackhawk01: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2017
QueenSekxy:

aswear,,zero chill

Hahahaha cheesy grin

The thing weak me nii, actually laughed out loud at work... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

Ok boss smiley

YOU WIN!!!
Just in case of next time or during a job interview... Prove means demonstration of evidence of truth.. For example, i say prove to me that you are a man.. Then you demonstrate it, by showing me your birth certificate...
Proof, however is the presence of already confirm evidence.. for example i say, you are a man because you have a dick.. the dick in this case, is proof, so as the comments i was referring to..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by samyfreshsmooth(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2017
Artistree:

I helped out cos I know u wanted to abbreviate cheesy

lol......true and thanks cheesy cheesy

at least i made just an M=misspelling unlike the bros who got all 3 Ms=misspelling, misunderstanding and misery lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2017
Blackhawk01:

*pulls him back*

Oya go back and read your statement, should you use a verb or a noun in that context?

Your mud school did a bad job, prophet. tongue
The comments were made by Nouns..
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by RickandMorty: 10:57am On Dec 13, 2017
Artistree:

You are very correct boss

And it is it's not its grin grin grin grin grin

Nice tongue twister. English is a bit#ch sometimes.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:02am On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
Just in case of next time or during a job interview...
Prove means demonstration of evidence of truth..
For example, i say prove to me that you are a man..
Then you demonstrate it, by showing me your birth certificate...

Proof, however is the presence of already confirm evidence..
for example i say, you are a man because you have a dick..
the dick in this case, is proof, so as the comments i was referring to..

Oga i didnt want to start an unnecessary argument this morning that's why i said "you win" earlier but then again lemme enlighten you a little

proof is a noun and can be used as an adjective too
prove on the other hand is a verb and can also be used as an adj in the form "proven"

clearly in ur sentence you wanted (and rightly so) to use the verb form of proof which is prove

they cant be inter changed......a verb is a verb and a noun a noun

what the comments here did was to "prove" (an action) the man right

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by pocohantas(f): 11:08am On Dec 13, 2017
Samusu:
Dis guy done make one of the greatest mistake of his life..

Him go hear am for the next couple of days.

FINISH HIM KAM

One of the greatest mistake of his life is telling Nigerians a bitter truth? Which mistake is greater than the mistake millions of Nigerians made, which is being a Nigerian and voting Buhari grin?

Okay na.
He'll hear it for a couple of days. The people insulting him have their own mistakes to live with for a long time.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Blackhawk01: 11:13am On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:

Yeah, they were but what did the nouns do? They performed an action, what action? They "proved" the American guy right.

No dey confuse yourself, prophet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:

Dude, just shut up and take correction!! undecided

6 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by ubunja(m): 11:20am On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:

its PROVE not PROOF c'mon now dude.
angry angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Sanchez01: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
The dude made some errors as well.

1. A person uses Twitter is known as a TWEEP. Therefore, Nigerians who use Twitter should be regarded as Nigerian Tweeps, and not 'Nigerian Twitter'.

2. 'Misspelling' in his tweet should have been 'misspellings'.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Vivere: 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
it wont because in nigeria we are use to shorting our word instead of typing fully not because we dont know how to spell but because we just love it that way..instead of typing because i will just type because..mine you nigerian's are the most intelligent and smart black people in the world even in america nigerians are more educated than the white
What do you mean by "shorting?" Does that word even exist in the dictionary?

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Sanchez01: 12:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
Vivere:

What do you mean by "shorting?" Does that word even exist in the dictionary?
I believe he/she meant 'shortening'.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by walosky(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
The guy even looks miserable
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by lordgolden1(m): 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
The response from the comments in this thread, already proof him right.
you sef follow..it is proves not proof.. u wan defend person, u never defend ur self finish

4 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Sanchez01: 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
How can 'Nouns' make comments? undecided

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by stanliwise(m): 12:03pm On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

you're very correct boss smiley

and its "prove" not "proof"

Hahahaha cheesy grin
Silent finishing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:09pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
it wont because in nigeria we are use to shorting our word instead of typing fully not because we dont know how to spell but because we just love it that way..instead of typing because i will just type because..mine you nigerian's are the most intelligent and smart black people in the world even in america nigerians are more educated than the white
Speak for yourself! I don't take people who abbreviate their messages serious, it is very unintelligent. Why would you type 'b.cos" instead of because? You people should stop disgracing our flag.

4 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by 1Sharon(f): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Why do Nigerians have no chill grin
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Jaykolo10(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
QueenSekxy:
somebody called him an imbecide
And what's imbecide
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by kingPhidel(m): 12:10pm On Dec 13, 2017
Who's this one self?
Go F**k yourself.

Meanwhile

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Sanchez01: 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
Don't be faster than your shadow..

'proof" is actually correct in the way i used it..

Go check Google or your dictionary meaning of proof in the context of Noun..
You're wrong, sir.

'Proof' is a Noun, 'prove' is a Verb.

Proof, as a word has no variant, as opposed to prove which has 'prove', 'proved' and 'proven'. Your usage of 'proof' was wrong. Sadly, you fall into the category of those you intended bashing. wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by dedugba(m): 12:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
who is this guy? he just looking for cheap popularity.
Guy: I need to become twitter popular
Guy's spirit: Mention Nigeria and they would troll you.
Guy: yeah that a good idea but would i say.
Guy's spirit: Just say anything or say they can't spell.
Guy: Nigerians are wonderful for the first time in my miserable life am popular.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Vivere: 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
Sanchez01:

I believe he/she meant 'shortening'.
I see.... undecided
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by OnyeOGA(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
This is what happens when you claim to be Americana
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by SalamRushdie: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

you're very correct boss smiley

and its "prove" not "proof"

grin grin cheesy but why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Speak for yourself! I don't take people who abbreviate their messages serious, it is very unintelligent. Why would you type 'b.cos" instead of because? You people should stop disgracing our flag.
and why wont i? when did they place an embargo for abbrevating words..tell me if you had never abbreveted any word and i will take you serious

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by LilSmith55(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
The guy no undastnd Pidgin... no be hin fault

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / NCC Changes Nigeria’s Fixed Phone Lines Numbering Format To 10 Digits / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.