Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

"Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React (43720 Views)

Twitter Is Down Too! Unable To Load Tweets (Photos) / Five People Whose Absence Will Make Nigerian Twitter Boring – Add Yours / Why Nigerian Twitter Influencers' Accounts Were Suspended And How To Avoid It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by vicadex07(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

you're very correct boss smiley

and its "prove" not "proof"
Actually, it's proves...

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Respect55(m): 2:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
The response from the comments in this thread, already proof him right.
Ur right-up and punctuation is so embarrassing
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by izzyboi(m): 2:37pm On Dec 13, 2017
The guy is a British Nigerian
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by degamemaster(m): 2:50pm On Dec 13, 2017
Chai, Nigerians doesn't have any reserved chill at all for the guy, even for each other. Look at so many intellectuals here debating and arguing because of "common mistakes in English", correcting and counter-correcting each other yet they were the ones who campaigned and voted for a dullard Buhari and be expecting miracles from him. SMH for you guys.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by FengChui(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
Artistree:

You are very correct boss

And it is it's not its grin grin grin grin grin

Much as I adore you for saving face with that correction, your above-quoted statement lacks punctuation.

grin

2 Likes

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by enemyofprogress: 3:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
KreativGenius:

But their response would prove him ryt
who cares?
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by enemyofprogress: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
izzyboi:
The guy is a British Nigerian
who asked you? Mr Google grin
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
and why wont i? when did they place an embargo for abbrevating words..tell me if you had never abbreveted any word and i will take you serious
Why won't you speak for everyone? Are you kidding me? Oh yes, I have abbreviated words in my past, when I was a kid! Pete's sake abbreviating words is a No No, makes you look Unserious! You should quit it.

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
Jochabed:
Huh? He might even be a Nigerian. Probably his Great grandparents were brought in from Africa.

He's Nigerian na. No mind am
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 3:41pm On Dec 13, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Why won't you speak for everyone? Are you kidding me? Oh yes, I have abbreviated words in my past, when I was a kid! Pete's sake abbreviating words is a No No, makes you look Unserious! You should quit it.
i get your point and i'm not disputing that fact but i was only proven a point and how nigerians abbreviate words..i hope you undestand my point and thanks...
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Elfaris(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
D way Nairaland warriors are heading to Twitter now ehh! I pity d guy... someone epp with a befitting picture abeg.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BecaciaBarbie(f): 3:44pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
i get your point and i'm not disputing that fact but i was only proven a point and how nigerians abbreviate words..i hope you undestand my point and thanks...
Okay, sure I understand. smiley
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Okay, sure I understand. smiley
base on your signature it seems like you are into wedding gowns and all that...it reminds me of my greatest fear in life which is getting married...
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by snipesdam(m): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2017
omo stretch mark de the guy brain. cheesy
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Drehilton(m): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
The response from the comments in this thread, already proof him right.
u sef da form efiwe.
Well for your information....It Proved him right....and not proof him right.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by brandydaniells(m): 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
ur sef why not complete it "yourself" ur why not "your" this is exactly my point..so who is guilty now? bro abeg swerve!!!

look at the rubbish u just Wrote....did u even understand what u Wrote ?

1 Like

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by izzyboi(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
enemyofprogress:
who asked you? Mr Google grin
Yes, I'm Mr. Google and he is a British Nigerian not an American
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BluntBoy(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
ur sef why not complete it "yourself" ur why not "your" this is exactly my point..so who is guilty now? bro abeg swerve!!!

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 5:24pm On Dec 13, 2017
brandydaniells:

look at the rubbish u just Wrote....did u even understand what u Wrote ?
bro only intelligent people will understand what i wrote there and not dullard!
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nnemaranma(f): 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2017
And the unfortunate attention seeker's name is Kayode, a Nigerian.

Let me just come and be going. undecided
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Drehilton(m): 6:18pm On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

Oga i didnt want to start an unnecessary argument this morning that's why i said "you win" earlier but then again lemme enlighten you a little

proof is a noun and can be used as an adjective too
prove on the other hand is a verb and can also be used as an adj in the form "proven"

clearly in ur sentence you wanted (and rightly so) to use the verb form of proof which is prove

they cant be inter changed......a verb is a verb and a noun a noun

what the comments here did was to "prove" (an action) the man right

You accurately echoed by thoughts.

By the way english is a borrowed language and Nigerians are still among the very few that commands a mastery of it.
It is a pity that "social media" English,spellings and abbreviations makes a mockery of a lot of Nigerians.However,that is were the fun lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 13, 2017
[b][/b]
emmyquan:

someone is abusing Nigerians on twitter

n here u r on NL disgracing us
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
base on your signature it seems like you are into wedding gowns and all that...it reminds me of my greatest fear in life which is getting married...
Hummmm....why if I may ask?
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
it wont because in nigeria we are use to shorting our word instead of typing fully not because we dont know how to spell but because we just love it that way..instead of typing because i will just type because..mine you nigerian's are the most intelligent and smart black people in the world even in america nigerians are more educated than the white

I could pick out 101 errors in your response here. In essence, and as you've exemplified here, the guy was not wrong. Nigerians rarely pay attention to details, and that's the genesis of our many problems!
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Hummmm....why if I may ask?
i often tell people i fear marriage morethan dead some think am crazy,some say am just saying but i really mean it..am scared for this reasons:
1: marrying the wrong woman
2: marrying for the wrong reasons..because i bilieve that after hell nothing is worse than marrying a bad wife..am damn scared!
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Makaveli1166(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

you're very correct boss smiley

and its "prove" not "proof"
chinekee you are a very wickeet sombori.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by kramer: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2017
DrinkLimca:
well I'm not surprise that you are saying I'm wrong...

You attended Yoruba school in Ibadan..
lol runs out of thread..

Olodo buruku lol

Not only did you commit the error of using 'proof' instead of 'prove' you also used 'surprise' instead of 'surprised'. Even those that attended a Yoruba school in Ibadan wouldn't make such mistakes.. olodo supreme
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by BecaciaBarbie(f): 8:19pm On Dec 13, 2017
sirBLUNT:
i often tell people i fear marriage morethan dead some think am crazy,some say am just saying but i really mean it..am scared for this reasons:
1: marrying the wrong woman
2: marrying for the wrong reasons..because i bilieve that after hell nothing is worse than marrying a bad wife..am damn scared!
Lol if I may ask, what's your belief or religion?
The thing is, every step you take in life is a risk....
For instance, driving or taking a public transport is a risk, because there could be an accident. Should we now say that because of the risk in it, we should sit at home or trek long distances?
If you know God and you serve Him very well, you have no reason to be scared of anything. How can you be scared of what is bribging and has brought joy into some people's lives? The fact that Mr A failed or married the wrong doesn't mean you will too.
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2017
Thepasserby:
American twitter user with handle @Uncle_K is under serious fire from angry Nigerians after making a mockery of Nigerians in his tweet. 

According to him, Nigerian twitter is full of misspellings and misery.

See the Tweet below
http://m.af1234.com/Af1234/details/american-under-fire-for-saying-nigerian-twitter-is-full-of-misspellings-and-misery

name of your font thanks
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by obidevine(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2017
QueenSekxy:
somebody called him an imbecide

I swear the "imbecide" is an " imbecide" ha ha ha. That cracked me up!!!!
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by sirBLUNT: 8:47pm On Dec 13, 2017
BecaciaBarbie:

Lol if I may ask, what's your belief or religion?
The thing is, every step you take in life is a risk....
For instance, driving or taking a public transport is a risk, because there could be an accident. Should we now say that because of the risk in it, we should sit at home or trek long distances?
If you know God and you serve Him very well, you have no reason to be scared of anything. How can you be scared of what is bribging and has brought joy into some people's lives? The fact that Mr A failed or married the wrong doesn't mean you will too.
i am a christian and i love GOD i dont just want to have a reason to regret why i marry when i do,been in a relationship is a problem for me though am in my mid twenties..i dont just understand myself somtimes
Re: "Nigerian Twitter Is Full Of Misspellings" - American Guy. Nigerians React by kenzkeys(m): 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
please oh... you people should not deviate from the subject matter... we're giving some people here good comebacks for their all-knowing ability. take your marriage talk elsewhere and let the savagery continue!

by the way... sirBlunt... it's"believe" and not "bilieve"

thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Ng Offers Its Subscribers Free Calls For The Month Of August: How To Activat / NCC Changes Nigeria’s Fixed Phone Lines Numbering Format To 10 Digits / Why I Hate GLO Data Service With A Passion: What Of You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.