Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Burdened With My Love II - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Burdened With My Love II (591 Views)

The Lover Next Door II / House Of Scandals II (18+) / Burdened With My Love By Omojuwura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Burdened With My Love II by Kindoo: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2017
Omojuwura

They came in their numbers to my father's compound, it was as if we had just opened a fresh meal shop. They were all looking for me. They were disappointed to know that I was living in the state head quarter, Asaba, where I ran my business but I got the news before they located me. They all came to take the bride, isn't this too much, not one, not two, no three. The confusion I put my self in, for telling my mind. How do I go about this, I wasn't a prophet to know right from wrong. They were all good looking, they had good jobs and few were into business. How? It will be madness to say yes to the over ten young men, won't that be madness. I then, decided to say some words of prayer, not that I was a church a girl, I just believe in tough situation like this, God was always sure to help. So I said in my prayer 'Baba, help me, just give the conviction of the right one' This I said so seriously and not more. My attention caught a little one of them, slim guy looking almost underage. Simple in dressing but youthfully handsome. To tell you the truth, I was attracted to those guys who packed their cars and came out with the big body, starched clothes and spoke soft with broad voice. But he kept flashing. I tried to overlook him but the power of my prayer won. He came so simple, with his normal self that I almost thought he had come to play prank. His name was Akinwande, of the Yoruba. We got talking, and I found him ever funny, with side mouth smile. He shared my spirit and we got moving with two others that I was personally attached to, you know, they looked what I liked. They had heard my story, so they were not quick to ask for that, they moved on with me but everything about Akin gave me satisfaction. He told me worked in one firm, his family were in the village, Esure, Ekiti state. They were retired, he had four sibling, he was the last male. I just know I had peace in my mind with him. He said he went Winner Chapel and he sang in the choir, he particularly love to drum, I was not freaked by that because I was not much of a church girl. I am among those who run to God when things go tough, God is merciful. I noted he was dedicated, Sundays, weekly he was there and he was drawing me into his side. He won at last any way, his person was the major attraction, he was simply my kind of person. You know what? It was after, I joined in his faith, became born again, pass through the Foundational class that he opened up to me.
      He was a super rich guy. He had several experience with women so he decided to come to me with simplicity. He was rich and so many girls were after his money. He didn't have much time to tell me all, he believed they were past. He however told me of one that really pained him. She met this lady in the church and she believed they were good to go as she was in the usher. They were both workers and he thought he was sure she was a good one. They talked on and she agreed to work with him. From then, he put all her demand on him and she was particular about his money and purse than any other. She would simply say, what is a man not rich worth? That's a not much of a problem, the issue was, any other does not matter to her apart from that. He said he liked her so much and had the mind of marrying her but it all ended withher careless attitude.
       The most interesting thing is this, he showed me love for real but he was much of a church guy. He believed in those principled and they guided his way. All the Kind of love I have dreamt of he showed but not the way I have thought of it. He was a Christian so there was no much of here and there together day and night but I was secured in his love for me. He do take me out, he bought me gifts, motivate my effort in my business but all my fantasies were not there. He made me proceed to the WOFBI, read books and listen to tapes, those were some of his gifts to me. One of his major advice was to join a serving unit in the church, as it was rewarding. I did. Sometimes when I look back, I know I found the man but he was just too churchy. That didn't stop me, it rather made my goals more realistic as he was of great support to me. He supported me even before proposing with his money and self effort. I was glad I met him. He has pass part of his spirit to me, I am now referred to by family as church girl. I bothered less, I enjoy my company with him.
      One Sunday evening he called me for an outing in a garden, I obliged, he was harmless. There he made his proposal in the most simple way. You know, I was once dreaming of a room full of balloon, with the man kneeling down on one kneel, then make his proposal or something as I have always seen in the social media. He made the pass to me in the cool of the evening, at a side of a garden. Let me tell you his words. 'Sister Joan, I am sure and convinced I want to marry you. The Lord is leading us into high places. I want to ask you, will you marry me?' His face was eager with expectation. I simply said yes, in the coolest way ever as a sis should do 'Yes, bro. Akinwande'. He gave me a smile that sculptured him on my heart.  We were both happy, I could feel and see it. Right there, he told me, he was ready and so we should began to make wedding plans.
     He'd visited us and I have visited his people, the most warm people I have ever met, Christian family. They taught him the life he lives. His siblings are also of same spirit . Christ was in their home. The main introduction is coming up soon.  For the wedding, I invited all of you to my  fathers compound. I am happy I found him,  I loved him and he loves me. Can I wish for more?

visit
www.wurastories.com.ng for more

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*ajégbörò** The Story / I Go To New York City | A Poem By The African L'yion| / Mills And Boon Stories Pdf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.