Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee (50877 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Arrests Nine Illegal Immigrants Heading To Libya From Kano8 / Carpenter Who Fled Nigeria To Libya: ‘I Don See Death Face To Face’ Photos / 17 Nigerian Migrants Sue Italy For Returning Them To Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nonnyflex(m): 9:40pm On Dec 13, 2017
Femich18:

Stop being an Ignoramus...Most of all these people left the country many years ago. You shouldn't politicize everything
Well am sorry you feel that way patriotic apc/Nigerian... But I'd you would have taken your time to read the news, you will find out he left last year therefore was here during the elections.. But I am the ignorant one
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Monsieur4u: 9:59pm On Dec 13, 2017
stay at home and manage bush meat, than going to Libya.

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by migeoart(f): 11:06pm On Dec 13, 2017
salford1:
He travelled to libya to try and cross the sea becuase things were tough back home. God forgive me if i am wrong, but i had friends from high school who sent themselves to university by doing labourer at construction sites, and they are doing well now. I believe this libya rush is driven by greed, or people searching for shortcut to success which is not guaranteed in Europe anyway.

His friend sent him 250k to release him from libyan prison. His mum raised 400k for his operation after he got shot. Why cant they help him with these funds while he was still in Nigeria? The fund could have help hime set up a small business till he has the means of visiting EU legally.
my thoughts! To a very large extent I don't feel pity for most of them!
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Kbs468(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2017
metronaija3:
Endurance Omeyo, one of the returnees from Libya brought back to the country on Tuesday has lamented that though he embarked on the journey with his two legs intact, unfortunately came back with one of his legs amputated.

Omeyo from Uromi in Edo State said he went to Libya in 2016,

He was among 245 more Nigerians who voluntarily returned from the volatile North African country on Tuesday.

He said:” I come from a very poor home. I lost my father about 12 years ago and only my mother was left to be facing the stress.

“That is why I went to Libya to cross the sea and go to Italy, but unfortunately, I couldn’t make it as we were arrested while on the sea.

“We were 160 people on that boat but 110 died and only 50 of us survived. They now took us back to prison in Libya. ”

According to him, he spent over a month in captivity before a friend from Italy sent him N250, 000 which he used to buy his freedom from his captors.

The 28-year-old said a few weeks after, he was shot while in company of two friends which led to the amputation of his leg.

“I spent months in the hospital, until my mother went to borrow N400, 000 which was used to perform three surgeries on me and that is why I am alive today, ” he said.

While receiving the returnees, Alhaji Mustapha Maihajja, Director General, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) commended Nigerians who voluntarily returned from Libya for their courage to face a fresh start in the country.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Maihajja who was represented by Southwest Zonal Coordinator of the agency, Alhaji Suleiman Yakubu, noted that some others were still stuck in Libya for lack of courage to face a new beginning in Nigeria.

He said many of them had refused to return due to shame and fear of meeting their mates at home who might have succeeded in their endeavours.

” It takes courage for you to return home. Nigeria is changing fast.

“The Federal government is making everything possible to ensure that every Nigerian will be proud of being a Nigerian.

” All the government is expecting from you is to have faith in God and your leaders and discharge your civic responsibilities,” he said.

The returnees arrived at the Cargo Wing of the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos aboard an Afriqiyah Airbus 330-300 aircraft with Registration Number 5A-ONR at about 8:25pm.

They were assisted back to Nigeria by the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the European Union (EU) after expressing interest to leave Libya where they had been stranded enroute Europe.

They comprised 66 adult females, 74 adult males, four children and six infants.

The returnees were also received by officials of the Nigerian Immigration Service (NIS) , the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) and the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

Another batch of Nigerians was being expected from Libya, as their aircraft was said to be on the way from Tripoli.

http://www.metronaija.com/went-libya-two-legs-came-back-amputee-returnee/

The story is a pathetic One though and We (GOD) rejoice with you for your Victory Over death and thus there is the reason for you to celebrate life while believing better days lies ahead in Faith and Hope for promise fulfilment.

Meanwhile, We want to also Use this medium to relate with OIC (ORGANIZATION OF ISLAMIC COOPERATION ) for their display of their usual selfish and hateful nature towards the people of Nations and Race that usually is a manifestation of their cultural heritage from Pharaoh that they ended up getting embedded into the Religion of ISLAM leading to the adulteration of the Religion that was eventually being domesticated as personal property with a monetary value attached.

It's just heart breaking that the above named organization never ringed any bell Whatsoever during the inhumane activities and experiences of Mankind in and around the terrible Libyan terrain in spite of the World wide rage and condemnation the events that transpired over there attracted from people ranging from individuals to groups without any word of concern note worthily made to our knowledge in truth during the travail in retrospect by the ARAB LEAGUE Association

Only for your group to come up and horridly come up with an emergency meeting in support of the PALESTINIAN people and Government as against the opposite in ISRAEL relative to the pronouncement made by Mr DONALD TRUMP of the USA and even came of with resolution of reaching an agreement to and even declared EAST JERUSALEM as the CAPITAL OF PALESTINE just today?

Well, We are Not surprised by such action because SAUDI ARABIA that has been One of the allies of USA has been conspicuously missing in action and had gone underground in the thick and thin of the crisis rocking the Middle East and other part of the world.

of course One would not be in a to also forget their role recently over an attempt to use the same ARAB LEAGUE block to clamp down on QATAR and it famous News outfit in Al JAZEERA and that has been the logic and polity of negativity owing to the embrace of Satanism.

No Wonder One is always faced with attack on either side of the divide in Muslims trying to defend what is not defendable and on the other hand the Mr DONALD TRUMP'S APOLOGIST too acting their own out as well.

It's kinda funny seriously and this again is a valid revelation backing the confession of ourself that what is happening is not the question of Religion whatsoever but the issue of religious Denominations collaborating to form OCULTIC group because of their embrace of negativity as the attributes of FALSEHOOD AND FALSE INDIVIDUALS.

WE (GOD) BY THIS DECLARATION HEREBY DECLARE ALL SATANIC POWERS EMPLOYED AND BEING DEPLOYED ANYWHERE ON EARTH NULL AND VOID as well as ineffective henceforth before they can start setting themselves up True and genuine confession cum repentance by the time and beyond when PILGRIMAGE/HAJJ commences next year in Truth.

The above Declaration is reached absolutely as part of Our promise of Never to allow TRUTH to be COMPROMISED for FALSEHOOD indeed.

After all, We have directed for a confession and repentance already.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by BruncleZuma: 5:09am On Dec 14, 2017
Deckline:

Lol... You are mentally myopic. Didn't you read what the guy wrote? They were forcefully hijacked from the ship and taken to another destination. How the hell is that his fault? abegi don't argue blindly,it doesn't help. Keep your reservations.

A cruise ship or a tanker? Will you take your stupid silliness to the romance section emotional dwarf like you.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Deckline(m): 7:37am On Dec 14, 2017
#emotional_dwarf... Pfft. I knew you were truelly mentally myopic.You are no better than a brainless smugg. Go get a life kid.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Krafty006: 8:28am On Dec 14, 2017
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
Question: Who send am?
lol....this meme na die
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 14, 2017
dieBYfire:
Please what state is he from again??
When I said that 100% of black people in LIByA are from that STATE grin
Yet the Oba won't allow the rightful owners of the riverine area life in Peace undecided

Good they were enslaved in Libya sef, if not we will start hearing that they own Libya just like they claim they own Lagos , despite the fact that Lagos is a NO MANs LAND! grin

NB: The number one Agbero in OSHODI now late but still gets his royalty n commission, was BOMBOY and he's even from MGBIDI in IMO STATE .... He was in charge of OSHODI Oke/Isale ....... Very deadly. Now tell me who owns Lagos grin
Nice story bro. But explain how BomBoy still collects royalties and commissions even at death?? I'm lost here
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by dieBYfire: 9:10am On Dec 14, 2017
Alexkene:
Nice story bro. But explain how BomBoy still collects royalties and commissions even at death?? I'm lost here

It's because it's No Mans Land and him and his boys controls that part of the State. Even Tinubu knows this and really used in right From 1999.
Let me digress a lil, if you take a trip to MGBIDI in IMO STATE, this same Bomboi has some of his boys at the Bustop in charge of Levy collection from Buses and motorbikes along Owerri/Onistha expressway. cool
Sadly this guys speak Yoruba to the core and their Igbo is already Yorubalized grin

Furthermore Bomboi's parents are also glorified touts too very diabolical to the core.
Bomboi wears a ring on his Left finger , if he punches anybody ehn..... undecided many clinics will reject the fellow grin
He had a brawl in 2001 with one strong Yoruba Agbero in Oshodi, it let to d demise of the Yoruba tout grin

If you lived around OSHODI from 1994-2005 , or you attended secondary schools in
Bolade Granmar school, Ikeja Grammar School, OSHODI High School, OSHODI Comprehensive, Unity High School, Mafoluku Grammar school, Ewutuntun Grammar school , all in OSHODI. Then you will know better grin
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2017
dieBYfire:

It's because it's No Mans Land and him and his boys controls that part of the State. Even Tinubu knows this and really used in right From 1999.
Let me digress a lil, if you take a trip to MGBIDI in IMO STATE, this same Bomboi has some of his boys at the Bustop in charge of Levy collection from Buses and motorbikes along Owerri/Onistha expressway. cool
Sadly this guys speak Yoruba to the core and their Igbo is already Yorubalized grin

Furthermore Bomboi's parents are also glorified touts too very diabolical to the core.
Bomboi wears a ring on his Left finger , if he punches anybody ehn..... undecided many clinics will reject the fellow grin
He had a brawl in 2001 with one strong Yoruba Agbero in Oshodi, it let to d demise of the Yoruba tout grin

If you lived around OSHODI from 1994-2005 , or you attended secondary schools in
Bolade Granmar school, Ikeja Grammar School, OSHODI High School, OSHODI Comprehensive, Unity High School, Mafoluku Grammar school, Ewutuntun Grammar school , all in OSHODI. Then you will know better grin
I thought MC Oluomo controls Oshodi?? And when Bomboy was alive, who was higher in hierarchy?? Also, do you mean that Bomboy's boys still collect his commissions till date?? Will the other tours allow that ??
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by dieBYfire: 9:54am On Dec 14, 2017
Alexkene:
I thought MC Oluomo controls Oshodi?? And when Bomboy was alive, who was higher in hierarchy?? Also, do you mean that Bomboy's boys still collect his commissions till date?? Will the other tours allow that ??

Who is MC Oluomo to control OSHODI when Bomboi was alive? Probably MC have just started to control and inherits Bomboi's boys.... I knew how many Alagabara n Omota in OSHODI Oke that ran or went in exile during Bomboi's era ! The guy called LASTBORN ran to Canada and only returned when Bomboi was no more , LASTBORN was incharge of of tax collection of Street hawkers at OSHODI Oke from 4pm - 7pm, it was termed "Owo LASTBORN ". BOMBOY was in charge of Motorist, bikes and sometimes market women. He imported his relatives from Mgbidi, Imo state....because he didn't trust the Yoruba Guys. And lastly if u don't want Bomboi's wrath to decent on anyone, Don't ever speak Igbo to him or call him Nwanne(my brother) , if you do nah Axe n bottle e Dey use flog person grin
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 14, 2017
dieBYfire:

Who is MC Oluomo to control OSHODI when Bomboi was alive? Probably MC have just started to control and inherits Bomboi's boys.... I knew how many Alagabara n Omota in OSHODI Oke that ran or went in exile during Bomboi's era ! The guy called LASTBORN ran to Canada and only returned when Bomboi was no more , LASTBORN was incharge of of tax collection of Street hawkers at OSHODI Oke from 4pm - 7pm, it was termed "Owo LASTBORN ". BOMBOY was in charge of Motorist, bikes and sometimes market women. He imported his relatives from Mgbidi, Imo state....because he didn't trust the Yoruba Guys. And lastly if u don't want Bomboi's wrath to decent on anyone, Don't ever speak Igbo to him or call him Nwanne(my brother) , if you do nah Axe n bottle e Dey use flog person grin
lol
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by londoner: 10:14am On Dec 14, 2017
dieBYfire:
Please what state is he from again??
When I said that 100% of black people in LIByA are from that STATE grin
Yet the Oba won't allow the rightful owners of the riverine area life in Peace undecided

Good they were enslaved in Libya sef, if not we will start hearing that they own Libya just like they claim they own Lagos , despite the fact that Lagos is a NO MANs LAND! grin

NB: The number one Agbero in OSHODI now late but still gets his royalty n commission, was BOMBOY and he's even from MGBIDI in IMO STATE .... He was in charge of OSHODI Oke/Isale ....... Very deadly. Now tell me who owns Lagos grin

I think you are referring to Edo state but talking about Igbos and it makes no sense because the Edo and Igbos are not the same people and you know this already. In fact aren't Edo people related to Yoruba?

Glad as Nigerians they are safely home.

1 Like

Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by dieBYfire: 10:43am On Dec 14, 2017
Alexkene:
So he didn't like people speaking Igbo to him? He was not proudly Igbo? Or he had been too Yorubanized? Also, was he born in Oshodi or Mgbidi? Are his parents still alive? Any kids or wives ?

Bro... I think one of his parent is still alive but very old now grin
I don't know why he doesn't like people addressing Him as an Igbo man. He was born and bred in OSHODI. He's got kids and wives( different ladies bore him kids, every pepper seller wanted to befriend the Point One in OSHODI grin)
Please Bomboi is a terror
Did you grow in OSHODI? Or are you his relative ? You seem so Intrested in this criminal undecided
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 14, 2017
Nigerians are so desperate, going to Europe through land and without papers is stupidity.
Re: ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee by Ugosample(m): 5:24pm On Dec 14, 2017
junglep:
There has been an uproar all over the west, but in nigeria we blame the victims, we don't stand up for our people. Nigerians have to be the most wicked set of people. Start having empathy for yourselves and stop thinking like animals.

You are so right..

Nigerians in general lack empathy for each other

sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Has Completed CFC Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures / Couple Bikes Through ISIS Territory To Prove ‘humans Are Kind’ And Gets Killed / Flight Resumption: Air Peace Flies All Its Aircrafts Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.