Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,067 members, 7,814,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Nigeria Info Port Harcourt OAP Kofi Bartels Loses Mum, Shared Touching Post - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria Info Port Harcourt OAP Kofi Bartels Loses Mum, Shared Touching Post (663 Views)

Naija Fm OAP Kofi Bartels Engages Fiancee [photo] / SARS Beat OAP Kofi Bartels In Port Harcourt, Threaten To Kill Him / How Instagram Ruined My Self-Esteem - Actress, Rosy Meurer Shares Touching Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Info Port Harcourt OAP Kofi Bartels Loses Mum, Shared Touching Post by ipreach: 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
A popular Nigeria Info FM OAP, Kofi Bartels recently lost his Mum to the cold hand of death took to his social media page to share the below touching post.

"[b]"Nothing prepares you for the loss of the one in whose womb you lay for nine months.

My mother gave birth to me when she was into her forties, an age where most women don't dream of getting pregnant, hence my first name Isaac. My mother it was who introduced me to pentecostal and evangelical christianity. At a very young age she led me to Christ and showed me that there was something called being born again and praying in tounges.

My mother, despite her her intellect, many talents and abilities, dedicated the final twenty-seven (or more) years of her life to serving Christ, a decision many especially in her family didn't understand. She had a thriving business in the food industry and one of the first cookery schools in Calabar. In her field, she was the best. I can boldly say today's cake and pastry makers have nothing on her, but she left it all to work for God. I have absolutely no doubt that her account in heaven is in excess. I have no doubt also, that my mother's prayers for me have sustained me thus far.

As a child, I went from village to village and town to town with my mother as she preached the gospel of Jesus Christ. Life became very tough at a point, but her faith in God never waned. In the midst of the tough times, she never missed her midnight prayer time. Whether we slept on the bare floor or on a soft bed, whether we had dinner to eat ir not, I would always be awoken in the middle of the night by the sound of DD praying in tongues.

The story of my life's mission therefore, will be incomplete without my mother.

When life got tough for me in the University, my mother didn't allow distance serve as a barrier to her helping me. Things went tough and rough when my father had not been paid a salary for almost a year. I always looked forward to that package from Lagos with clothes, and the hidden envelope in the package with 'small' money to help stabilise me. My mother bought me my first mobile phone, a Motorola. All these at a time when she wasn't doing anything to make money.

My dream had been to make enough money to spoil her silly and make her comfortable.

So sad that you had to leave this soon. Farewell DD, till we meet again.

#RIP"
"[/b]

SOURCE: http://sumo.ly/KSTo

Re: Nigeria Info Port Harcourt OAP Kofi Bartels Loses Mum, Shared Touching Post by Blizzy9ja: 5:07am On Dec 14, 2017
Aaaaaw! So touching... R.I.P ma

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Dino Melaye Appears In Kachikwu's Son Music Video / Watch Davido And Falz Perform Bad, Badoo, Baddest At The Falz Experience (video) / Gas Explosion Victim Empowered After Fraudulent Act By Laura Ikeji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.