Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

deleted - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / deleted (8677 Views)

Has Lomomike Deleted His Nairaland Account? / Deleted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: deleted by Ikenna351(m): 12:05am On Oct 24, 2010
@erico2k2

Am not disputing the funtion of coolant in a vehicle cooling system, which for Nigerians, is only to prevent rust in radiators & engine blocks, for the auto technically mindeded ones. It just that you wont blame someone that used the ones he could lay his hands on in our markets, only to create problems for him. To such a person, Coolant is a "White Man's lie". It is not just coolant alone. Nigerians buy so called Injector cleaners here only to reverse and become a huge problem for their injectors and cylinder valves. Most of auto additives in Nigerian markets is like "RUN FOR YOUR DEAR LIFE, WHEN YOU STILL CAN!" So, until proven otherwise to such a victim that there is a genuine additive/coolant/antifreeze out there, then dont blame him for his opinion. Afterall, "EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST TEACHER!"

About what I said earlier concerning the radiators in the cars, 504 & 505 i handled before, I didnt mean that the water in the radiators never had a rust colour. They were always brown in colour each time the engine would be idling/running. But my point was that in spite of the rust, I never experienced overheating in any of them, for the years they were with me. Some engines can tolerate such, especially XN peugeot engine series. I went around Abuja city this morning and confirmed that TOTAL also sells coolant produced by them, which I believe must be a good one, because of their quality engine oils I have used and confirmed. Yes, it wasnt Ideal to run the engine with rust colored water in the radiator, but it was better than buying problems for the cars myself, with my money, when the cars were saying to me "I no mind the rust jeri!" But like I said earlier, I will use TOTAL coolant this time around for the cooling system of the Peugeot 505 V6 5 Speed manual transmission I have been dying, waiting for it to arrive. The car is going to be my "BABY" for good. So, I will not allow any rust in its cooling system, even if it can live with that.

Ikenna.
Re: deleted by erico2k2(m): 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Ikenna
you are so funny lol now seriously do they still manufacture them cars? 505 lol thought they where long gone,the browning rusty water is not coming from your rad but from engine walls,i totall understand waht you meant by people being naive buying stuff they should not realy bother about in the first intance.here in the Uk there are addictives for summer and winter, thats where the issue of antifreeze comes in and on a serious Note, I dont think your radiator can be rusty, damaged and leaky yes but not rust,its not made of complete iron,check the compound its welded with.
Re: deleted by Ikenna351(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2010
@eriko.

I never knew radiator was not the cause of the rusty colured water in those cars. Anyway, Thanks for the Lecture.

Ikenna.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Introduce Speed Cameras On Nigeria’s Roads / List your Auto Mechanic Workshop and Your Services here (mymoto.com.ng) / Takata Reportedly Filing For Bankruptcy This Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.