Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? (1087 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Husband Used The Milk From Mammary Gland To Drink Garri- Nursing Mum Cries Out / "I Can't Suck Catarrh Out Of My Child's Nose". Lady Gets Epic Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
I believe that when times are critical this may happen but I doubt if it's common in our culture. Mother's in the house, do you think this should happen, have you experienced it before?
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by Uyiii: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2017
this one your question is directed to the mothers only, you think baby daddies are benighted of this common practice amongst nursing mothers abi, we nor blame youundecided
so because you took peak milk before now means you can't take cowbell or nunu milk or even mix itgrin Laughable.

Joke apart anyways, there're always pros and cons attached to everything and this practice is no different, there're harmful effects also if a child is breast-fed by another lactating mother, but so you should know certain factors may cause a child's mother not to lactate, in this case they have to find solace in another lactating mother or wet nurses or even take milk from the milk bank which of course was not produced by the child's mother.
So yes, it's possible and common in our culturesmiley, intriguing topic, hope it makes FP before 2026 in the year of our Lordcheesy

1 Like

Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by natasha: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2017
Yes. However its often expressed into a bottle for the child
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by crackhaus: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2017
If grown men can suck breasts from multiple women, why can't babies? grin

2 Likes

Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2017
Sunnyshinylight:
I believe that when times are critical this may happen but I doubt if it's common in our culture. Mother's in the house, do you think this should happen, have you experienced it before?
The practise is called wet nursing. Its very common up North, mothers often breast feed their grand children.
You only need the baby to continuously suckle and in 2-3days, the milk would come down.
PS: grandmothers up north are usually 35yrs and above
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by sisisioge: 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2017
Oh yes! Some people do that as their job.
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by Ishilove: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2017
sisisioge:
Oh yes! Some people do that as their job.
Wet nurse
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by sisisioge: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
Ishilove:

Wet nurse

Wasere! That's what they are called.
Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by KanwuliaExtra: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Must the ? be asked with such “crudity”? undecided

Instead of “suck-the-breast- blah-blah-blah. . . “,
use the word “nurse” or “breast-feed” instead.

Thanks for enriching your vocabulary in advance. kiss

To answer your ?:

Nothing illegal, as long as BOTH mothers agree and are aware of the “shared” risks and benefits.. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Can A Child Suck The Breast Of Another Nursing Mum? by Sunnyshinylight(f): 4:25pm On Dec 19, 2017
Cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

House Hold Items For Sale / How Can I Handle My Little Daughter Fear For Things Recently / Boost Your Spermcount,spermmotility And Fertility. Just N40,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.