Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 (6137 Views)

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / UBA: The New Minimum Balance Of N25,000 & Another Option You Can Go For - UBA Visa AfriCard / Nigeria's 2009 Balance Of Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by supereagle(m): 6:16am On Apr 02, 2010
[size=49pt]GTB FOR EVER[/size]. I was not sent any text. It is April fool.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Valto(m): 10:23am On Apr 02, 2010
i switched over 4rm diamond bank to gtb ,but since i havent got any better service 4rm them.from stone faced workers to nonchalant and abusive staff.can u imagine i have a 2months fixed deposite wit them.i notified them a day to the end of the 2months only to come back to withdraw two days later to be told dey forgot and dat it has been rolled over till next month.worst still no apologies 4rm dem.now i have to wait till end of d month.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by drwhopl(m): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2010
I hope this rumour ain't true,cos i just opened a savings account with them recently,and i just happened 2 pay into my new account.i beg oh,no spread this kind contagious newz.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by osbar67: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2010
This singular act will make them loose me and all other customers I convinced to join them if I confirm this to be true.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Lalaska(m): 1:49pm On Apr 02, 2010
Guys this must be april fool. Just confirmed from a staff of GTBank that this doesnt exist.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by bankruptcy: 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2010
Am not sure that is true. As a matter of fact, i have just about N243 in my account now. I made the last withdrawal on wednesday.
GT still remains on top.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Doyin4real(m): 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2010
This is not a rumour. I have a sister that stays with me and works with GTBANK. She confirmed this to be true.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by DeepSoul(f): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2010
This thread is somewhat confusing. Abi is GTB effecting this new policy to selected customers??

I'v banked with GTB for God-knows-how-long and I havent been notified of this recent development!

It had berra not be true because I cant get over my N1,000 that Skye Bank took!

As per Customer Service, I think the Lagos branches are still somewhat sane. Go to GTB @ GRA junction,PH and you'd be shocked!

Methinks GTB is now like MTN. They once offered quality services which attracted a large market and now, they are unable to sustain it.

They have simply bitten more than they can chew and are biting their tongues in d process!
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by yahoo2(m): 11:04am On Apr 05, 2010
Didn't receive any message from gtb. Must be a hoax.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by etutor: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2010
I sounds like April fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by fickyola(m): 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2010
it can never be.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by deb(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
Well the only message I got from GTB that had anything to do with N1,000 say:

"Dear customer, your CashPlus card has been replaced by GTBank Naira MasterCard(chip and PIN protected, used globally). You will be charged N1,000 for this card"

Whichever way, I feel it is an unjust service because GTB could at least have informed me before it changed my ATM card that is yet to expire.
Throughout the weekend that I tried to withdraw from the ATM the card kept being rejected by the machine meaning that I have to go and collect the mandatory new card with a "fine" of N1,000 maybe that is the news the poster is refering to as N1,000 minimum balance
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 06, 2010
Well you guys need to understand that its only restricted to Savings Accounts.

Its not fair on the bank that Savings Accounts will go into O.D.

Also remember Savings Accounts are interest bearing accounts.

If you consider the interests you are likely to make over a period, you will eventually get your N1,000 back many times over.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by U1(m): 11:55am On Apr 06, 2010
dappssee:

Well you guys need to understand that its only restricted to Savings Accounts.

Its not fair on the bank that Savings Accounts will go into O.D.

Also remember Savings Accounts are interest bearing accounts.

If you consider the interests you are likely to make over a period, you will eventually get your N1,000 back many times over.

You call about N2 interest every other month interest? How many years will it take for that to turn to N1000? I've yet to believe this story, anyway.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by akmyers: 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2010
it sure would be a pity
i mean like somebody rightly said, dat was their edge over other banks!
as regards their service dropping, i concur.
i guess d work load is too much for them! grin
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by johnsho: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2010
am really tired of this banks stanbic ibtc have decided to charge N300 for withdrawing on the canter . This is a big estrtion am realy tyred of this people the government should please do something fast.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by akmyers: 2:22pm On Apr 06, 2010
@john sho, yes dat is true.
but their arguement is that u should use atm, which will cost you 60 naira onluy, if u have to across the counter then i am sure that 3hundred should not be that much or wat u think??
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by samoyin(m): 11:51am On Apr 07, 2010
Well from what I feel, some other banks would enforce N1000 minimum bal on savings acounts, but this should not apply to current account.

though GT bank really have never been so convinced to open an act with then as I had snubish service from then a couple of times.

though i dont know if in the future but not now.

cheers!

samoyin
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by vidominion: 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2010
WHICH OF THESE IS TRUE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have no choice if it so!
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Tittos: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2010
thats a lie,i bank at gtb and my balance is less than 1000.no laugh ooohhh.went to the bank today the customer care said she didmt know about it.however she said every account must have 1k before they issue u ur new master card which costs 1k but then it ain't compulsory,
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by Cupidkc(m): 9:46am On Apr 27, 2010
Do GTB charge 4 usin atm card 2 withdraw per withdrawal?
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by mrofficial(m): 9:56am On Apr 27, 2010
Cupidkc:

Do GTB charge 4 usin atm card 2 withdraw per withdrawal?

No.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by SKYPO: 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2010
i disagree this N1000 minimum bal bcoz i have not receive any msg from GTB based on that effect.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by mrofficial(m): 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2010
SKYPO:

i disagree this N1000 minimum bal bcoz i have not receive any msg from GTB based on that effect.

You'll see it in your Booked Balance. It does not appear on Available Balance.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by SKYPO: 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2010
mr.official:

You'll see it in your Booked Balance. It does not appear on Available Balance.

well, is subject to verification. till then i will agree.
Re: GTB Introduces Minimum Balance Of N1,000 by mrofficial(m): 10:24pm On Apr 27, 2010
SKYPO:

well, is subject to verification. till then i will agree.

I can make a screen shot from internet banking. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Own A Verified & Functional Paypal Account As A Nigerian / Electric Motors And Other Fairly Used Industrial Goods For Sale ! / What Business Can I Start With 30K?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.