Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (59091 Views)

Law Graduate Shares Sultry Photo To Celebrate Her Call To Bar / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lukay99:

Wow, are you now telling us that in Christianity according to the bible, Christians females are only required to cover their heads only in churches? Or everywhere? But God presence is everywhere fact.

Don't mind them. Most don't even know anything about their faith. You are the church and the church is you hence women have to cover their hair at all times.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 3:59pm On Dec 15, 2017
ufo4u:
This is an ifa worshipper she wants to be called to the bar wearing her hijab too as her fellow Muslims. Is she allowed?
NO!!!
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nowenuse: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Did you read what Christians are commenting? Only Christians are allowed to dislike people because of religion? Not one Christian dissented or disapproved of the hateful comments made.

This lady has nothing to do with either radicalism or terrorism. She is a Muslim woman who wishes to follow the tenets of her religion concerning dressing. After spending 5 years in a course, she is expected to choose between her religion or her lost education. I do not see what your implications of terrorism and radicalism has to do with the issue.

I am sorry, your last statement rings hollow in my ears. Islam may or may not be a religion of peace. That is not the point. What I have discovered today is that, going by a sampling of its followers on NL, Christianity is truly a religion of spite, hatred, and rancour... all Satanic traits.

It disgusts me, frankly. In my work, I always make sure I accomodate all the religious requirements of those working with me. I treat everyone equally regardless of religion, and encourage them equally on how to improve their lives, and have even sponsored some of them, regardless of their beliefs, to higher education, when they wished. I can see now that the Christians among them are probably thinking of me as a big fool for doing that. I just hope that my other Muslim brothers take a lesson from how Muslims are thought of by Christians.

You are just being unreasonable and whipping up sentiments unnecessarily. Common, you are acting immaturely going by the way you describe yourself.

The law profession has it's official dress code for God's sake. If you know that you cannot abide by it because of your religious beliefs, why not stay away? It's as simple as that. Nothing involving hatred here.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by DonBobes(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
I just can't fathom how dis stupid lady behaved d way she did. Wat a fanatical way to act. Dis is a pure symptom of RELIGIOUS FANATICISM. Fulish lady. Her type in d military wuld favor Muslims to xtians, which wuld resort to Anarchy. Fool. Abah!! Can't just fathom dis. Beta dey dint call her to bar. Fulish girl. I pray dey NEVA call her to bar at all

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by bigtt76(f): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2017
Mostly in the churches thoough ....buh if you're the type that carray church matter put for head, then you have to be covering up your hair upandan. Where two or more are gathered in my name, I'm in their presence grin

Lukay99:

Wow, are you now telling us that in Christianity according to the bible, Christians females are only required to cover their heads only in churches? Or everywhere? But God presence is everywhere fact.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by sammieguze(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lukay99:

You really don't have to call the young lady an idiot, simply for trying follow what she believes to be God's law above a man made law.

Comparing Sango attire (which is not required to be worn daily by Sango believe) with a Muslim lady covering her head (not an attire but an of faith/worship) is illogical .

Illogical?

Are you saying what she did is logical?
Insubordination
Lack of respect for rules and laws laid down
Wanting to be a sacred cow
Not following instructions......

Does any of that sounds logical to you as a human being?
Is she the first person to be inducted?

See Bros, stop being sentimental about this

There re nuns who re equally expected to always cover their head and they re not excluded
That is how the law profession has been from the Genesis and she knows it
If she is not comfortable with it, why did she chose the law profession?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
ollah1:

It's always a lie when the Bible is quoted but it's never one when it's the Quran.

So by your logic, worship has to done only in the church? Do you know the acutal and real meaning of a church? Can you worship your Lord while on the move? Can't you worship your Lord anywhere?

It's very compulsory. It's obvious the time you guys take in criticising other people's faith and their way of life should be invested in understanding your Bible and Christianity

What exactly are you arguing about? One minute you're not talking about the thread, minutes later, you're talking of how you can worship anywhere and anyone shouldn't criticise your religion.

No one is criticising your religion but the foolish extremists! How do we even start to justify this nonsensical act is beyond me. Besides, are muslims the only ones in Nigeria? Do we not have the traditionals with their ipele and attires? How about the Celestials with their white garments and caps? Why haven't these people disturb the orderliness in this country apart from the Muslims?

It even beats me why muslims love to champion another man's culture than his own beacuse the wearing of hijab is an arabic culture, not Africa. I don't even know what stops you from tying head gears to worship your God like we do in Africa. In fact, the rich Northerners are already doing away with hijab as seen with Buhari's daughters and others!
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nowenuse: 4:08pm On Dec 15, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Go back and read my comment. I never said people hate Islam. I said they hate Muslims, and apparently, it is only because they are Muslims. Well, I am a Muslim, I have found out that if my rights are taken away from me, Christians will applaud the decision, and not help me. Should I love and continue to be good to such people? I don't think so.
This lady is not a radical, she is not bombing anyone, and it is not realistic that some professions be restricted to certain people because of their religious prersuasion, so 'finding out the rules before applying for law' does not wash.

I am not disputing the rules of the law school or interested in that, that is a job for the Muslim rights lawyers who want to do the right thing for their sister. I am only reacting to the comments on NL, by those hateful individuals professing to be Christians. If this is what Christianity is about, then it is Satanic. I wonder if this is what the Jesus in their bible would have commented in this situation.

Thank you for your time, but actions always speak louder than words.

Then how do you know that all the people commenting here against the motion are christians? Some are atheists, Agnostics, Eckankars, other religions and even fellow muslims who understand that the law must take it's course above every religious belief.

Stop accusing people of the same crime you are committing by wrong generalization.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Olowola2: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
@dammy ...... You ae senseless dis Nigeria not own by one £uckin o£ your £amily...... So mind d way u speak on ~eligion issues...... £uck your stinking pxxsy:@
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nowenuse: 4:13pm On Dec 15, 2017
ufo4u:
This is an ifa worshipper she wants to be called to the bar wearing her hijab too as her fellow Muslims. Is she allowed?

Loll grin grin
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
Farmerforlife:
For the first time in my life, and after reading these comments, I am beginning to dislike Christians and Christianity. I was never aware of the extent of the hatred they hold for Muslims in their hearts, while they smile in our faces.
Thank you all for waking me up.

What would you now do? The fact that you love the extreme acts by your sister tells a lot about you. What next? The traditioners has a right to their attires and all sorts. Even the Celestials are welcomed with their white garments.

Common sense is definitely not common.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:24pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rainmania:
It's a shame no other Muslims stood by her. It's her right to wear the hijab the laws of the land allows. Just cause other Muslim judges or students that has passed through the ceremony in the past compromised shouldn't mean she should. I don't know why people feel threatened by a strong Islamic woman that stands her ground based on her religious beliefs. I stand with you Miss Firdaus. At the end of the day Allah is greater than them all.

Why don't you go and bring her to the bar with her hijab na.. While you're at it, bring the traditioners with their opele and the celestial with their white garments also.

Yeye dey smell. Foolish extremist.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by kolaranking1(m): 4:25pm On Dec 15, 2017
dammyloye:
no mind dem, I tire for dem sef......as if it's only their religion God recognise.
only dem, want female soldiers to wear hijab
only dem, want female corpers to wear hijab
only dem want students to wear hijab
only dem want to turn Fridays to a no work day because they want to pray

(those Moselem brothers quoting me, please if you are pained strap a bomb to your chest and go to the mosque to pray.thank you)
they even said they won't show the world cup draw in their country cos the co-presenter did not use hi jab
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:28pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rainmania:
So is Queen Rania not covering her hair a yardstick for how other Muslim women in the world should dress. A Muslim woman is a Muslim woman all over the world . And should dress accordingly. For those that choose not too, it's their choice and for those that want to why try to stop them

Will you shut up! The queen is promoting her culture regardless of religion and that's how it should be! Nothing stopped you from covering your head with head gears to pray to Allah like a typical africa man should dress.

You would rather promote Arabic culture than Africa culture. This is really annoying the more I think about it.. You would pray in Arabic, dresses in Arabic and so-on. What happened to your culture? Yeye.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by drakeli: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
I be cele. I no dey wear shoe o. They refused to call me to bar because I no wan wear shoes go the call to bar. Please what do I do? Advice needed. Please kindly advise me. grin
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Did you read what Christians are commenting? Only Christians are allowed to dislike people because of religion? Not one Christian dissented or disapproved of the hateful comments made.

This lady has nothing to do with either radicalism or terrorism. She is a Muslim woman who wishes to follow the tenets of her religion concerning dressing. After spending 5 years in a course, she is expected to choose between her religion or her lost education. I do not see what your implications of terrorism and radicalism has to do with the issue.

I am sorry, your last statement rings hollow in my ears. Islam may or may not be a religion of peace. That is not the point. What I have discovered today is that, going by a sampling of its followers on NL, Christianity is truly a religion of spite, hatred, and rancour... all Satanic traits.

It disgusts me, frankly. In my work, I always make sure I accomodate all the religious requirements of those working with me. I treat everyone equally regardless of religion, and encourage them equally on how to improve their lives, and have even sponsored some of them, regardless of their beliefs, to higher education, when they wished. I can see now that the Christians among them are probably thinking of me as a big fool for doing that. I just hope that my other Muslim brothers take a lesson from how Muslims are thought of by Christians.

What exactly are you munching about? You sound like an illiterate.. Shior.

The said event had a dress code which your muslim sister violated yet you have the nerve to scream blue murder? What kind of stupidity is this? Smh.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by olaide4you(f): 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
ollah1:

Did you know that it's mandated for Christian women to cover their hair? It's very compulsory and it's in the Bible

1 Corinthians 11:6

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

You criticise and attack Muslim women for covering their hair according to what their faith mandated for them but ignore it despite been written boldly in your own book

Isn't that hypocrisy and bigotry at it's peak??

Modified:: for those quoting me whichout using their brains. My comment was a response to a comment which is obvious to all. His comment doesn't correlate with this thread but he decided to display his bigotry but as usual he is exonerated because what he wrote suits their narrative

You are fool...goto church women cover their head.Ode
Point number two all what was written in the Bible is in your Quran ..and am sure you have that clue cause you know how to read Quran very well so that give hope you will see it in the Bible.Luckly for you it's was written in the Bible.Lemme now tell you that you are a Big fool this time around cause you quotation as not even New testament. Lastly you are a fool for the third term cause Jesus Christ under is Grace had corrected alot of things.He died for us all.Face the Truth.That is why we have New testament and that's the most part you people don't enlighten your people most about in your Quran.Who doesn't know that Jesus is Isa.

If you people put more effort on your sermons to new testament only and follow the step of anobi Isa has he started in your Quran.i pity you.you all gonna convert to Christians last last.
grin grin
Hijab.Dont worry Buhari will help you he his an alhaji

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rainmania:
Nigeria a country filled with hypocrites and confused righteousness...they chastise a woman for dressing skimpily , throw all forms of insult on her . They say " Olosho no home training , how can you wear that?? Don't you know your body is a temple??

But they also do the same to a woman that decides to dress moderately.

They say "how dare you try to cover up your body and your hair , are you the only religious lady in the country??"

You call that moderately? Shior.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
Mccullum:

You've already explode your self on issue of human right, even in United Kingdom their court allowed Muslims to wear hijab to school, if Sunday can be given as consistent public holiday because of Christians to enable them goes to church with their family why Muslims pray on Friday as all family members will pray separately due to no holiday on that day which Christians benefits on Sundays, it's also a Muslim's right to benefit such.

It's her right to use hijab because that's her faith while that lawyer's wig is foreign style of lawyers' dress. go and reason like humans and not ....

Your hatred against innocent Muslims won't quit spreading of Islam.

It's also the right of other believers, including the traditioners to put on their attires to Bar..

Yeye.. An educated person reduced to an illiterate all because of a religion.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Teecomm(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2017
ollah1:

Did you know that it's mandated for Christian women to cover their hair? It's very compulsory and it's in the Bible

1 Corinthians 11:6

For if a woman does not cover her head, she might as well have her hair cut off; but if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should cover her head.

You criticise and attack Muslim women for covering their hair according to what their faith mandated for them but ignore it despite been written boldly in your own book

Isn't that hypocrisy and bigotry at it's peak??

Modified:: for those quoting me whichout using their brains. My comment was a response to a comment which is obvious to all. His comment doesn't correlate with this thread but he decided to display his bigotry but as usual he is exonerated because what he wrote suits their narrative

What are you saying now?
Is the wig not a covering?
Well, I hope she doesn't remove the hijab in the bathroom too

Abi she get chronic dandruff for hair? cheesy
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
Lukay99:

You really don't have to call the young lady an idiot, simply for trying follow what she believes to be God's law above a man made law.

Comparing Sango attire (which is not required to be worn daily by Sango believe) with a Muslim lady covering her head (not an attire but an of faith/worship) is illogical .

Illogical? Lol. You're the one to tell what's to be worn daily and illogical? Yeye.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2017
olaide4you:

You are fool...goto church women cover their head.Ode
Point number two all what was written in the Bible is in your Quran ..and am sure you have that clue cause you know how to read Quran very well so that give hope you will see it in the Bible.Luckly for you it's was written in the Bible.Lemme now tell you that you are a Big fool this time around cause you quotation as not even New testament. Lastly you are a fool for the third term cause Jesus Christ under is Grace had corrected alot of things.He died for us all.Face the Truth.That is why we have New testament and that's the most part you people don't enlighten your people most about in your Quran.Who doesn't know that Jesus is Isa.

If you people put more effort on your sermons to new testament only and follow the step of anobi Isa has he started in your Quran.i pity you.you all gonna convert to Christians last last.
grin grin
Hijab.Dont worry Buhari will help you he his an alhaji

You must be really pained. Now it's about new and old testament

Have you asked tour pastors or other pastors why they collect Tithe with Malachi? Abinna new testament

Why do you pray with Pslam ?
Why do you quite proverbs?

Aren't all these supposed to be old testament?

I wouldn't stoop low to your levels and call you names
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Go back and read my comment. I never said people hate Islam. I said they hate Muslims, and apparently, it is only because they are Muslims. Well, I am a Muslim, I have found out that if my rights are taken away from me, Christians will applaud the decision, and not help me. Should I love and continue to be good to such people? I don't think so.
This lady is not a radical, she is not bombing anyone, and it is not realistic that some professions be restricted to certain people because of their religious prersuasion, so 'finding out the rules before applying for law' does not wash.

I am not disputing the rules of the law school or interested in that, that is a job for the Muslim rights lawyers who want to do the right thing for their sister. I am only reacting to the comments on NL, by those hateful individuals professing to be Christians. If this is what Christianity is about, then it is Satanic. I wonder if this is what the Jesus in their bible would have commented in this situation.

Thank you for your time, but actions always speak louder than words.

Is it until she start to carry a bomb? This lady is already an extremist and you dare say she's not radicalised because she's without a bomb? Smh.
If everyone decides to be an extremist, don't you think we would have the traditional worshippers and Celestials coming to the bars with their attires as well?

I'm even wondering what will become of Africa if everyone becomes muslims? Probably like Egypt where they have lost their cultural value and even their africa genes/DNA wiped out by the Arabs.

You mean you can't dress like an Africa man before the God you chose to serve? You can't speak in your language before the God you serve? A religion where your cultural values is being wiped out is no religion! What nonsense!

It's high time Africa Muslims started behaving like Africa after all, Allah is supposed to have created Africa men/women as well, right?
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by FrankGiel: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2017
ollah1:

Who are the women that prays and prophesies? When do they do that? I have treated this in my earlier post. You guys need more lecturing just your Pastors won't tell you that because he wants your money in tithes, seeds, offerings, first fruits et al
I laugh at ur ignorance.. Because
1. U are a full of bigotry
2. u aren't even enlightened
3. U are a hypocrite.

for ur information, I don't play religion. If you were smart enough to read, u would have noticed I didn't speak about who is right between those that believe covering their heads to pray or not.. It their business!

I dislike opionated people like U. US relocated embassy to Jerusalem, idiotic Muslims like U with no sense will be the first to protest..what's ur business with Palestine.. Don't u have personal problems in ur life and family! So-called Muslim a carrying out massive terrorist attacks around the world but bigots like u will keep shut! Ur concern is Hijab or Israel. Shame on U.

U and I know that u aren't even a real Muslim.. U womanize, drink alcohol, watch pornography, but will still claim to be a Muslim.. Pls clean ur house before u start pointing accusing fingers!
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by yoosooph: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2017
cry
Ladyhippolyta88:
Please don't dislike anybody because of religion.A person that is good or bad has nothing to do with religion.Nobody hates Islam but the world has to fight radical Islamic terrorists it is these people that are making your religion to seem like a troublesome one.Islam is a religion of peace.

It is so sad that Christians hate Muslims with passion.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by olushevy05: 5:39pm On Dec 15, 2017
sdindan:
angry

The funniest part is that she might not even be a Virgin. Nonsense act. Hiss
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2017
yoosooph:
cry

It is so sad that Christians hate Muslims with passion.
Not true sir, we have good one's and bad one's.Please do not generalise it is those extremist and terrorists that makes it seem like people hate islam because of the atrocities they have committed ,hence the word islamophobia.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 15, 2017
You just said nothing. [center][/center]
diadem10:

Will you shut up! The queen is promoting her culture regardless of religion and that's how it should be! Nothing stopped you from covering your head with head gears to pray to Allah like a typical africa man should dress.

You would rather promote Arabic culture than Africa culture. This is really annoying the more I think about it.. You would pray in Arabic, dresses in Arabic and so-on. What happened to your culture? Yeye.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rainmania:
You just said nothing. [center][/center]

Yeye dey smell. What do I expect from a dumb head that let religion dictate for him?
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2017
grin grin Damn you are so ignorant that to have a discussion with you , I'd first teach you ABC. Ain't got no time cool

diadem10:

Why don't you go and bring her to the bar with her hijab na.. While you're at it, bring the traditioners with their opele and the celestial with their white garments also.

Yeye dey smell. Foolish extremist.
Re: Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar by diadem10: 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2017
Rainmania:
grin grin Damn you are so ignorant that to have a discussion with you , I'd first teach you ABC. Ain't got no time cool

What stupid teaching? Get a brain first cos you have none!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

American University Of Nigeria Sacks 400 Staff / The Authority Structure Of The Nigerian Police Force / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.