Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? (5643 Views)

Is It Right To Tell Your Boss "Send Your Account Let Me Credit You For Xmas? / Should I Tell My Boss About It / Is It Right To Thank Your Boss After Receiving Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by blacid: 9:50am On Dec 15, 2017
I no get the mind to.
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by Abee79(m): 10:23am On Dec 15, 2017
blacid:
I no get the mind to.
Just ask. The worst you can ever get is 'No'
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by evansuhunoma: 10:34am On Dec 15, 2017
The article below will help you

How to Approach Your Boss about a Raise
https://www.mysalaryscale.com/blog/approach-boss-raise/

//
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by blacid: 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2017
shocked
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by evansuhunoma: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2017
tongue
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by blacid: 7:58pm On Dec 18, 2017
tongue
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by CirocBoi(m): 7:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Tell am oga put all your money for my....

HEAD

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2017
Simple I ask oga d month has end ooo, wen will I have my rewards 4 my hard works tongue

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by tstx(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2017
Just Ask Him
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:19am On Dec 19, 2017
shocked

Q: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise?

A: Oga, if only I could earn like you, I know it's just a wish but only you can make it possible.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 19, 2017
Slap him
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by doubled123(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2017
"Boss, I think I need a raise"
How again?
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Top of the morning to you smiley
NwaAmaikpe Pls unveil yourself. Would like to know the brain behind this monicker cheesy
You maybe everything but your intelligence is undeniable.

Enjoy your day!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by trentslawson(m): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2017
just playfully tell him. him no owe bomb for hand, i.e sir you know this year has come to an end at least add something to our current pay make e boost our morale... highest he can say his no anyways
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by Bossontop(m): 7:20am On Dec 19, 2017
grin
eg
sir u know im one ov d hard working staff in dis company....pls sir i want u to epp me increase ma salary because 1 bag ov rice is now 25k and my salary iz still 15k....God bless u as u do d right tin.
Lol

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by donkarly(m): 7:21am On Dec 19, 2017
Make sure you're good at what you do,if not na prelude to sack be that

1 Like

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by IAmSkinny: 7:23am On Dec 19, 2017
My boss beef me for six months just because I ask for pay raise ooo. I even wrote her a letter, packaged it very well, dropped it with the secretary. She didn't read it for one month, she just asked and when she was told what's in the letter na so she just bone the letter till cleaners go dispose am.
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by dingbang(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2017
Show him a job offer you got with a higher pay...
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by mrphysics(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2017
Point a gun at him and your wish would be granted ASAP
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by Blendmanuel(m): 7:31am On Dec 19, 2017
(Knocks on the door)

Boss: Yes, come in.

Me: (Comes in). Good morning Sir.

Boss: Morning Manuel, what can I do for you?

Me: Thank you for asking sir, just a small favor; I'm in serious need of an increase in my pay, That's all.

Boss: (Laughs) Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Me: I'll be grateful if you do sir. Thank you.

Boss: Alright.

I don't think this is much a big deal to warrant reading and digesting of motivational articles and speeches. If you've been diligent enough in your work delivery and committed to the organizational goals (which must be glaring in the eyes of your boss), then, there is no need for a fuss in making a request for a raise in you pay.

Mind you, you must have;
1) Put in significant effort in the company's growth first;

2) Observe the mood and times in the company;

3) Careful observation will detect the perfect time to make the move and request.

Shekina.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by DecentG(m): 7:39am On Dec 19, 2017
It depends on how productive the employee is, if the employee is very productive there won't be any fear to request for increment of salary
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by evansuhunoma: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2017
hostine316:
Slap him

lol shocked
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by organiza(m): 8:25am On Dec 19, 2017
Just be sure you have other job option in case ur boss change am for you....but when you notice the progress of the company(in which u r d engineer of it)...you can ask.
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by deyo1(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2017
Just wear ripped shirts and trousers to work every day, look really skinny and malnourished, and don't take a shower to work. When oga ask ahhaaaa, "Kayode why are u smelling like this". Just reply, oga salary no do. Works for me every time

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by byemx06(m): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2017
na person way get job dy find increase in salary........dear nairalander am honestly and sincerely looking for job
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by evansuhunoma: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2017
byemx06:
na person way get job dy find increase in salary........dear nairalander am honestly and sincerely looking for job

Here is a jobsite.

https://www.myjobmag.com/
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by byemx06(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2017
evansuhunoma:

Here is a jobsite.

https://www.myjobmag.com/
thank bro
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by sunbbo(m): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2017
There is no crime in trying. Ask, your request could be granted.

Citibank Sec Processing Analyst Fresh Job Recruitment

Citibank works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products. We strive to create the best outcomes for our clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. Citibank Sec Processing Analyst Fresh Job Recruitment as follows;

Job Title: Sec Processing Analyst 2-17058635

Primary Location: EMEA-NGA-Lagos

Job Category: Operations

Schedule: Full-time

Education Level: Bachelor's Degree

Job Purpose:

Notify the client of any corporate events and market news to avoid any claims from the client which may be as a result of late notification.
• Update the system with corporate events, thereby helping Citi keep a data base of corporate events which can be referred to in the future.
• Collect all income from the registrars on behalf of Citi.
• Respond to clients queries relating to corporate action issues and providing status report if need be until such query is completely resolved.
• Maintain effective personal administration and manage capacity.
• Continuously improve on procedures and process flow for corporate actions.
• Act as back up for all positions in the unit including head of SS Operations.
• Liaise with various departments in the bank to service the client.
• Work with the head of SS Operations to stream line processes and to achieve common goals.
• Custodian of the physical Certificate of Capital Importation (CCI).
Accountabilities:

Oversees all corporate events affecting shares held in custody on behalf of Citi DCC clients.
• Liaise with Registrars, company secretaries and other market participants to make sure that all payments are received and further credited to clients account.
• Complete IPO/PO/PROXY forms.
• Custodian of the physical Certificate of Capital Importation (CCI).
• Continuously improve on procedures and process flow for corporate actions.
• Act as back up for all positions in the unit including head of SFS operations.
• Liaise with various departments in the bank to service the client.
• Work with the head of SS Operations to stream line processes and to achieve common goals.
• Supervision of corporate action operations within SS Operations unit. 
• Manage daily corporate action functions in custody operations in conjunction with ensuring quality service are delivered to the client. Ensure all control, policies, procedures and reporting requirements are adhered to.
• Co-ordinate provision of corporate actions information provided to customers by SS Operations team in response to clients corporate actions related query. 
• In conjunction with the Head of SFS, Provide input to the development of DCC product programmes. Support the business units on all SFS business development projects.
• Work with the other units that are settlement interfacing to stream line processes and to achieve common goals.
• Assist Head of SS Operations in providing feedback to business heads and the SCOO on all risks associated with SFS products/processes, especially those associated with changes in the regulatory environment and ensure that such risks are appropriately documented and addressed by the implementation of effective controls.
• Assist the Head of SS Operations in the Initiating/participating in process improvement projects and various operations management tasks as delegated by the SCOO.
Development Value:

Opportunity to be the head of Custody operations.
• Opportunity to broaden understanding of Operations in EMEA. 
• Opportunity to work closely within a dynamic business in large and varied Operations environment.
• Access to key product leaders thereby increasing exposure to the larger organisation
• Increased exposure to Senior management.
• Consultation skills in a matrixed environment with various stakeholders.
• Level of autonomy and business partnership to further develop influence, negotiation and leadership skills.

http://www.ngjobseekers.com/2017/12/13/citibank-sec-processing-analyst/
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by abah001: 10:24am On Dec 19, 2017
just enter your boss office, hold him from the neck and tell him to increase your salary now, let him increase it instantly and sign or else u will strangle him to death
Re: How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? by blacid: 10:58am On Dec 19, 2017
abah001:
just enter your boss office, hold him from the neck and tell him to increase your salary now, let him increase it instantly and sign or else u will strangle him to death

lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Fidelity Bank Pay Their Staff? / More Of Your Rights As An Employee / 5 Ways How To Be Security Conscious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.