Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Should I Tell My Boss About It - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Tell My Boss About It (28213 Views)

I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? / How Do You Ask Your Boss About A Pay Raise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lymetsaucer(f): 8:36am On May 03, 2023
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

I need your opinion on this too maybe am over thinking the whole thing.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Ajione(m): 8:54am On May 03, 2023
Don't discuss with him because most times it doesn't end well.

210 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Canvass: 9:17am On May 03, 2023
You can always let out your property to someone else. What if he thinks you've always been eavesdropping on him?

211 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Nobody: 9:59am On May 03, 2023
If he watches your status on Whatsapp, post a three bedroom ad, showing it to only him. He should pick the signs from there.

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Pwettylinda(f): 4:17pm On May 03, 2023
Thiefnubuu

5 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Triangles1(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2023
Seeking for advice from people that didn't share the same shoe with you is absolutely wrong.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Femisol(m): 4:18pm On May 03, 2023
You better face your work, collect your salary and go home.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Guyman01: 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
The reality is he will rent the apartment from you but will likely not pay you any commission because he pays your salary and if you insist he will assume you toy around with his business while focusing on your side hustle which doesn't end well most times from my years of experience in the field.

Separate your side hustle from your employment under his company except if you want to come out openly and tell him you want him to add it to your schedule of work.

You can rent the place to him by proxy through a trusted colleague in the property business and even pretend to help him get a good bargain if you are allowed to be a part of the negotiation.

Tell your colleague (who must be a good marketer) to meet him directly with an offer that he has properties to rent with details without mentioning you as a party to the deal.
Make sure you also agree with your colleague on how much he will get from the commission if the deal is successful and if he plays his part very well

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Ekemz: 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
The type of man your boss is should tell you if you should go ahead to tell him or not.
Be free to tell him if your boss character is cool. He might just be happy about it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by ignis: 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
Please don't... You shouldn't be eavesdropping his phone conversation... Na amebo be that... If he approaches you to ask if you know of any one, it's a different ball game.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Reportbutton: 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
It's a two way thing, he could be happy you helped out, again, he might feel you could leave his work and and be a boss on your own, which might make him see you as an obstacle.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
No be every Prospective Client person dey chase o. Some dey run belle o.

24 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Bluezy13(m): 4:19pm On May 03, 2023
Get someone else or a friend to tell him by taking your place

13 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Darkandhandsom(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
You be thief cheesy
Olasyke:
If he watches your status on Whatsapp, post a three bedroom ad, showing it to only him. He should pick the signs from there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by inoki247: 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
Lol u beta dey ur lain he go chance u nd go hustle it customer somewhere else....

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Lannyjoe4u: 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
Wahala

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
Pwettylinda:
Thiefnubuu
Is that really u on ur dp?

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
I take God beg you, no tell ham ooo

4 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Risingblue008(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
De

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Femisol(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
I just gave him the best advise grin
Triangles1:
Seeking for advice from people that didn't share the same shoe with you is absolutely wrong.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Xlogistics(m): 4:20pm On May 03, 2023
Wahala wahala in portable’s voice.

Do you have erectile dysfunction?

Mention me for help ASAP o

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by detectivejones: 4:21pm On May 03, 2023
You should know the type of person you're working for by now. Also sometimes its advisable to follow your gut

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by ednut1(m): 4:21pm On May 03, 2023
No, face front

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Nex12: 4:21pm On May 03, 2023
Since you said your boss is in properties you can find a way asking him if his looking for clients to sale any property. I think this is the safest.

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by CHIOMAEZEH: 4:21pm On May 03, 2023
Fim... I think you need to go watch that video of Nedu wazobia... Where he explained the scenario of a tailor and one of his clients who is a chairman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3UIsEAYQrQ

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by buygala(m): 4:22pm On May 03, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Godada(m): 4:23pm On May 03, 2023
Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Omoawoke: 4:23pm On May 03, 2023
Lymetsaucer:
So guys, My boss has a tech firm which I work as a manager. he is into properties as a side hustle so am I, which he is not aware of.
Okay, recently he was making a call about a 3 bedroom which he needs for a client and I have some.
Should I tell him? Because I think I should just stick to the tech aspect of business with him. My gut is telling me it won't end well, you know how this boss behave sometimes when it's time for sharing commissions.

I need your opinion on this too maybe am over thinking the whole thing.

Na wa for you oo, you still need our advice? Please go ahead and tell him, you no wan get sense ba

3 Likes

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by Samuel807(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2023
You can bring it up as a suggestion that you know someone that can help him get the said property he's looking for but make sure you do it smartly and act as if you do not have an interest in it and close your commission thing with the person you are working with. So if it works and he tips you good and fine

1 Like

Re: Should I Tell My Boss About It by naturefellow(m): 4:24pm On May 03, 2023
Ever heard of the phrase 'Conflict of Interest' ?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Must It Be In A Mortuary? / 16 Things You Can Relate To If You Ever Worked In A Bank -Zikoko! / My Experience With My Boss At The Office Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.