Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here (516 Views)

Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Equating Islam To Terrorism Is Foolish - Pope Francis / Christians Who Converted From Islamic Families Share Your Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by lalabrother: 2:11pm On Dec 15, 2017
I met a friend in 2016 here on nairaland, I didnt know he was a Muslim but .anytime I invite him for a program in my church he always show up and he was always asking questions relating to the bible, last Sunday after the touching message an altar call was made and surprisingly taofeek Ibrahim came forward. After church i asked him if he just dedicated his life to Christ genuinely and that was when he opened up to the fact that he is from a strong Muslim background and that he does not find anything interesting about the religion. To cut the story short he has started baptismal class

So if you are another Ibrahim that has seen the light in Christ Jesus please share your story here.
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by Martinez19(m): 2:23pm On Dec 15, 2017
From one delusion to another.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by abduljabbar4(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2017
This op is bitter about the last thread. Go and get a life
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by enilove(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2017
It is a long story , I will hit on the important points.

I grew up in Festac town with my Dad but left him and went to live with my mum at Ilasamaja when she finished building her house.

There at Ilasa , there was a storm that blew off the roof of a church building about 3 plots to our house and the roof hit the edge of our roof , being a story building, and it took off the whole of our roof as well .
Then my mum was the matron of an Islamic organisation called ' Islamic Echo " at Ilasa. When that incident happened , many people sympathized with us and the leader of that group also came with some of their members , they made s statement that " one rich person among the poor is also poor".
When they left my mum was angered and said despite her contribution , especially financially , what kind of insult was that. She said no one expected anything from them but why the insult.
That was when she told me that the reason why she loves the Christians and attend their services ocassionaly was the love the Christians do show and are not as money conscious as the Muslims.
She told that some years back , b4 I started living with her, my junior brother was very sick and was about to die , she said she took him to many Muslims and Mosques , but no solution. He could no longer eat. She said all the Alfas took huge money from her , since they could see the condition was critical,but no change.
She said when she was passing along a road in Ijesha , Lagos, she decided to branch at a church where service was going on. She said she was surprised greatly at the speed by which they quickly took my brother from her hand and called people together , who started praying for him fervently and sweating.
She said after like 2 hours , my brother opened his mouth and demanded for food , which he had refused 3 days ago.
She said that was how he became healed and started playing in the evening when they got home.
She also said she was expecting them to charge her but they declined and did not take a penny from her.

After that story , there was this Jehovah witness that used to come to our house to preach to us. I argued much with him ,but he was never angry . There was a time he told me about who Jesus was, then I decided to read something on Muhammed . What I discovered was really disturbing and shook my belief in Islam. Comparing and contrasting , I fell in love with the teachings of the Bible especially when they read this to me :
Matthew 6:25-27,31-34 KJV
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? [26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? [27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? [31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
That is why I find it hard to criticise the "Jehovah witness".

God also healed at a RCCG convention of an ailment I suffered since childhood without telling anyone in the camp. It was not even Pastor Adeboye preaching . We were told to place our hands on wherever we had problem , and I did. Since then no single sign of the ailment . More than 20 years now.

After all these I stopped playing God and got converted in 2001 . I took my time to understand the Quran ,Hadith and compared with the Bible. I was convinced by reading those books that Islam is A BIG SATANIC RELIGION ,AND I POWRTFUL ONE.
Spiritual experience was the final seal. Christianity is a real , as long as you are holy, but Islam is not different from an idol worshipping.

I would also have died in 1997 or so . I saw 2 coffins , one was for a late brother who died in 1994 and the other was made known in that dream to be mine. But with prayers it was averted.This was also b4 I got converted. No pastor prayed for me as well.It was Jesus miracle. I knew the faces in that dream. They were shocked to see me months after that dream.

Jesus is REAL. I have nothing to gain telling you a lie, pls Jesus is real.Even yesterday , I almost cried when I remember God's kindness and favour over my life and my family.

GOD IS GREAT, HE IS GREATER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINED.
I am a witness. I pray I meet Jesus one day,when I leave this world. He is real , caring and loving .

That is a token of my conviction that Jesus is real.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:
This op is bitter about the last thread. Go and get a life
They are many Muslim converts on daily basis so op wasn't bitter. From the whole write up,there is no bitterness except you that is terrified by the message
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by abduljabbar4(m): 10:33pm On Dec 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They are many Muslim converts on daily basis so op wasn't bitter. From the whole write up,there is no bitterness except you that is terrified by the message

We also see many christians converts. Im a typical examplecheesy
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2017
enilove:

I grew up in Festac town with my Dad but left him and went to live with my mum at Ilasamaja when she finished building her house.

There at Ilasa , there was a storm that blew off the roof of a church building about 3 plots to our house and the roof hit the edge of our roof , being a story building, and it took off the whole of our roof as well .
Then my mum was the matron of an Islamic organisation called ' Islamic Echo " at Ilasa. When that incident happened , many people sympathized with us and the leader of that group also came with some of their members , they made s statement that " one rich person among the poor is also poor".
When they left my mum was angered and said despite her contribution , especially financially , what kind of insult was that. She said no one expected anything from them but why the insult.
That was when she told me that the reason why she loves the Christians and attend their services ocassionaly was the love the Christians do show and are not as money conscious as the Muslims.
She told that some years back , b4 I started living with her, my junior brother was very sick and was about to die , she said she took him to many Muslims and Mosques , but no solution. He could no longer eat. She said all the Alfas took huge money from her , since they could see the condition was critical,but no change.
She said when she was passing along a road in Ijesha , Lagos, she decided to branch at a church where service was going on. She said she was surprised greatly at the speed by which they quickly took my brother from her hand and called people together , who started praying for him fervently and sweating.
She said after like 2 hours , my brother opened his mouth and demanded for food , which he had refused 3 days ago.
She said that was how he became healed and started playing in the evening when they got home.
She also said she was expecting them to charge her but they declined and did not take a penny from her.

After that story , there was this Jehovah witness that used to come to our house to preach to us. I argued much with him ,but he was never angry . There was a time he told me about who Jesus was, then I decided to read something on Muhammed . What I discovered was really disturbing and shook my belief in Islam. Comparing and contrasting , I fell in love with the teachings of the Bible especially when they read this to me :
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? [26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? [27] Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? [31] Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. [34] Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

God also healed at a RCCG convention of an ailment I suffered since childhood without telling anyone in the camp. It was not even Pastor Adeboye preaching . We were told to place our hands on wherever we had problem , and I did. Since then no single sign of the ailment . More than 20 years now.

After all these I stopped playing God and got converted in 2001 . I took my time to understand the Quran ,Hadith and compared with the Bible. I was convinced by reading those books that Islam is A BIG SATANIC RELIGION ,AND I POWRTFUL ONE.
Spiritual experience was the final seal. Christianity is a real , as long as you are holy, but Islam is not different from an idol worshipping.

I would also have died in 1997 or so . I saw 2 coffins , one was for a late brother who died in 1994 and the other was made known in that dream to be mine. But with prayers it was averted.This was also b4 I got converted. No pastor prayed for me as well.It was Jesus miracle. I knew the faces in that dream. They were shocked to see me months after that dream.

Jesus is REAL. I have nothing to gain telling you a lie, pls Jesus is real.Even yesterday , I almost cried when I remember God's kindness and favour over my life and my family.

I am a witness. I pray I meet Jesus one day,when I leave this world. He is real , caring and loving .

God is great. Continue walking in Faith, holiness and righteousness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2017
abduljabbar4:

We also see many christians converts. Im a typical examplecheesy
No problem.
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by Abdulhakeem78(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
enilove:

There are many things u failed to understand about lslam as a religion.first,u claimed your mum being a muslimah also attended church services sometimes,this has you claimed exposed your mum as not a true believer because Almighty Allah has warned us not to do partisan religion, if your mum was a true believer she will never go to church sometimes because that invalidates her believe in oneness of Allah.secondly,your mum just practicing the religion without knowledge of do and don't in lslam,the reason for this is very simple because as a Muslim you must not associate anything with Allah.so your mum going there and there because of your younger brother sickness is also anti lslam.finally, l believe you don't know how to perform ablution correctly when you were a Muslim and that I understood it from your dry and wry write up.lslam without knowledge of the deen is the pervasive problem many Muslims are facing today.
Re: Those Who Converted From Islam To Christianity Get In Here by coolqayy(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2017
i am not qouting anyone .they problem christians have is that they dont know they bible ,less 0.005 percent of them know the language of the bible,quran is arabic thoughout the world though it translated to diffrent language for comprehension ,if you are a muslim you must know how to recite arabic even small if not fluently.how many christian know hebrew greek or aramaic.as a christian u cant just go to anywhere and worship you have to understand thier language .muslims can worship with any muslim in the world same time same way and pattern facing the same place throughout the world ,is that not a true religion without desriminating race tribe colour or language meanwhile for christ sake read this http://www.patheos.com/blogs/askamuslim/2017/10/10-reasons-believe-jesus-preached-islam/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Man Turns Into A Blue Jerrycan / The Many Ways Churches Are Tackling Poverty In Nigeria / Seriously Confused... Was Jesus Hanged Or Crucified????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.