Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

What Does It Mean To Say Something Is Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Say Something Is Biblical? (654 Views)

Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Say Something Is Biblical? by Johncuppa(m): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2017
It is amazing seeing Christians arguing on a matter and yet to reach a consensus. It wouldn't have been a major concern to me if it is among Church members, but the fact that even Christian leaders are divided on whether is biblical or not brought this question.

When we say something is biblical, what are we saying. And when others are saying it is not, what do they mean?

Even though some people are anti Christ and using the tithe issue to attack the Church and see it as an avenue to say something evil to men of God.
In the other vein, some Christians are truly seeking for knowledge.
Not that they are not interested in paying tithe again but just want to know the truth and the revelation behind it.
Yes, they have all the right to know.
Everything in Christendom works by faith and FAITH is birth on the platform of revelation.
Christianity is about truth - revelational Knowledge of the Word of God. Jesus said, you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. Nobody should be bamboozled to do anything if we are to get result. Anything we believe or do because we are told to do so without we having revelational Knowledge of it might not even work for us.

Two different opinions, from the same BIBLE, and the two sides claiming right. So, I ask WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SAY SOMETHING IS BIBLICAL?
Is it because it appears in the Bible?
Is it because it was recorded more than once?
Is it because Jesus talked about it?
Is it because the Apostles talked and practised it?

Let me start with the words of Jesus in Matthew 12:31
31 And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Now I ask, is it biblical to say that there are unforgivable sins?

Also, Paul Apostle talk about covering of the head in worship in 1Corinthians 11:6

6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

So, is it biblical to worship without hair covered?

NOTE: This is not about tithe.
It is not about covering of head or not.

IT IS ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE WORD - BIBLICAL.
I BELIEVE ONCE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE WORD BIBLICAL REALLY MEAN, WE CAN REST ASSURE OF THE DEEP TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD and PUT HOLD ON ISSUES OF CONCERN IN THE CHRISTENDOM INSTEAD OF WE OPENING OUR YAWNS TO UNBELIEVERS.

Mature Christians please!

The Word of God is true and one and He upholdeth all things by the Word of His power.

It is not to critics the word of God but knowing what it means when we say something is biblical.

#Atheists, enemies of gospel - keep off!
Re: What Does It Mean To Say Something Is Biblical? by Deprofessional(m): 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2017
Johncuppa:
It is amazing seeing Christians arguing on a matter and yet to reach a consensus. It wouldn't have been a major concern to me if it is among Church members, but the fact that even Christian leaders are divided on whether is biblical or not brought this question.

When we say something is biblical, what are we saying. And when others are saying it is not, what do they mean?

Even though some people are anti Christ and using the tithe issue to attack the Church and see it as an avenue to say something evil to men of God.
In the other vein, some Christians are truly seeking for knowledge.
Not that they are not interested in paying tithe again but just want to know the truth and the revelation behind it.
Yes, they have all the right to know.
Everything in Christendom works by faith and FAITH is birth on the platform of revelation.
Christianity is about truth - revelational Knowledge of the Word of God. Jesus said, you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free. Nobody should be bamboozled to do anything if we are to get result. Anything we believe or do because we are told to do so without we having revelational Knowledge of it might not even work for us.

Two different opinions, from the same BIBLE, and the two sides claiming right. So, I ask WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO SAY SOMETHING IS BIBLICAL?
Is it because it appears in the Bible?
Is it because it was recorded more than once?
Is it because Jesus talked about it?
Is it because the Apostles talked and practised it?

Let me start with the words of Jesus in Matthew 12:31
31 And so I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Now I ask, is it biblical to say that there are unforgivable sins?

Also, Paul Apostle talk about covering of the head in worship in 1Corinthians 11:6

6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

So, is it biblical to worship without hair covered?

NOTE: This is not about tithe.
It is not about covering of head or not.

IT IS ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE WORD - BIBLICAL.
I BELIEVE ONCE WE UNDERSTAND WHAT THE WORD BIBLICAL REALLY MEAN, WE CAN REST ASSURE OF THE DEEP TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD and PUT HOLD ON ISSUES OF CONCERN IN THE CHRISTENDOM INSTEAD OF WE OPENING OUR YAWNS TO UNBELIEVERS.

Mature Christians please!

The Word of God is true and one and He upholdeth all things by the Word of His power.

It is not to critics the word of God but knowing what it means when we say something is biblical.

#Atheists, enemies of gospel - keep off!

When you googled it, what response did you get?
Re: What Does It Mean To Say Something Is Biblical? by Johncuppa(m): 12:51pm On Dec 16, 2017
Deprofessional:

When you googled it, what response did you get?
Bro, you're most welcome Thank you and God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Says Buhari To Be Flown Abroad On Emergency In 2018 Prophesies / Buhari Asks Two Christian Ministers To Pray At FEC Meeting / RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual May 20th, 2018 Lesson 38: Topic — Cornelius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.