Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) (3047 Views)

Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / Why Science Is More Powerful Than God With An Experiment. / Paying Your Tithe Is Biblical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 28, 2018
The xtain God, Yahwah, was a full time supporter of slavery. Why is it regarded as evil today by the xtain folks? Are they wiser than their own God?

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by tsephanyah(f): 7:30am On Dec 28, 2018
If you're arguing loudly on your phone in private, please put it on speaker.
I need to hear both sides of the story to know who's side I am on.

1 Like

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Originakalokalo(m): 7:35am On Dec 28, 2018
It was slave era... and apostle Paul was admonishing both the slaves and the masters on how to treat each other....

It was a cruel period of slave-master relationship.

As Christians, he advised thus...

(Ephesians 6 )
------------
5 5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

9 9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

This is best for that time .....Going by the way pagans treat their slaves....

While there was cruelty in the way slaves were treated, Christians were advised to treat them nicely knowing that God is the master of all.

You and others are just looking for any means necessary to discredit the bible....

Even if the means are lame.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Vinstel: 8:00am On Dec 28, 2018
OP, you're very ignorant about the bible. This is why I tell Christians to stop wasting their time arguing with people like this. They are not interested in a true understanding of the word, all they do is cherry pick things they see as an opportunity to criticize. Just Preach the truth of the gospel to people like him and let them do what they may with it.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by OpenYourEyes1: 8:34am On Dec 28, 2018
So called slaves in those days have lots of rights than the slavery practiced in "civilized" societies as recent as 200yrs ago.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

It was slave era... and apostle Paul was admonishing both the slaves and the masters on how to treat each other....

(Ephesians 6 )
------------
5 5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

9 9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

You and others are just looking for any means necessary to discredit the bible....

This is merely a question, but your conscience is already judging you. I will pass

5 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 28, 2018
Vinstel:
OP, you're very ignorant about the bible. This is why I tell Christians to stop wasting their time arguing with people like this. They are not interested in a true understanding of the word, all they do is cherry pick things they see as an opportunity to criticize. Just Preach the truth of the gospel to people like him and let them do what they may with it.

That was a question that needed an honest answer, but you failed to answer but rather, beat around the bush. Slavery was a normal practice then, why is it frowned at today?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Originakalokalo(m): 9:21am On Dec 28, 2018
HenryDion:

This is merely a question, but your conscience is already judging you. I will pass

Really?

OK.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by enilove(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2018
HenryDion:
The xtain God, Yahwah, was a full time supporter of slavery. Why is it regarded as evil today by the xtain folks? Are they wiser than their own God?

This is what I have in my Bible :

Ephesians 6:5 KJV
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Servants are not slaves.

Even at that , do you expect the apostle to say , "slaves disobey your masters " ?

Now that slavery is abolished , the scriptures would have been like , " servants disobey your masters" .
This would make christianity to be seen as evil because it breeds disunity .

2 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2018
enilove:

This is what I have in my Bible :

Ephesians 6:5 KJV
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

Servants are not slaves.

Even at that , do you expect the apostle to say , "slaves disobey your masters " ?

Now that slavery is abolished , the scriptures would have been like , " servants disobey your masters" .
This would make christianity to be seen as evil because it breeds disunity .

Which version of the bible is that?
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

(Ephesians 6 )
------------

While there was cruelty in the way slaves were treated, Christians were advised to treat them nicely knowing that God is the master of all.

At least you admit your bible is useless to us as it was practiced in an ancient, outmoded time.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by rekinomtla(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

(Ephesians 6 )
------------

Ah atheists twisting biblical verses again.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Dec 28, 2018
rekinomtla:

Ah atheists twisting biblical verses again.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Originakalokalo an atheist? LMFAO!

Why do you people call everyone who you don't agree with atheist?
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by rekinomtla(m): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

grin grin grin grin I'm obviously referring to the op he is addressing.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by spongeisback: 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2018
I watched a video on Instagram last night, a white girl was reading the bible story
"As Jesus grew up he learnt more and more about god". She paused and asked I thought Jesus is god, how can he learn about himself

For a little girl to have such wisdom to question religious texts, then this men and women on Nairaland have no excuse.

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by rekinomtla(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2018
grin Amazing how atheists can twist a post of mine wherein I mention their twisting of biblical verses. U liars never cease to amaze me
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Originakalokalo(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

You know what the guy meant...

Originakalokalo an atheist ke?

Before that will happen, God will have called me home to rest....

God till death and after death!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
rekinomtla:
grin Amazing how atheists can twist a post of mine wherein I mention their twisting of biblical verses. U liars never cease to amaze me

LoL! You believe in a fucking fairytale and you have mouth to talk about liars. LMFAO!

6 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
rekinomtla:

grin grin grin grin I'm obviously referring to the op he is addressing.

How can you be obviously addressing someone by quoting a different person's post? Oh I know you were caught up in a spiritual vision where reality doesn't make any sense like the fairytale you believe right? LoL
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Originakalokalo(m): 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2018
spongeisback:
I watched a video on Instagram last night, a white girl was reading the bible story"as Jesus grew up he learnt more and more about god". She paused and asked I thought Jesus is god, how can he learn about himself

For a little girl to have such wisdom to question religious texts, then this men and women on Nairaland have no excuse.

It is possible for a little girl to think that way because she doesn't understand the mystery of God yet...

I and the other children of God on nairaland do not have little brain...

We have been enlightened through the spirit of God ....we have access to the mysteries of the kingdom of God....

Sorry that you cannot understand it...

I do.

1 Like

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2018
Originakalokalo:

You know what the guy meant...

Originakalokalo an atheist ke?

Before that will happen, God will have called me home to rest....

God till death and after death!!!!!

No I did not, not when he quoted you instead of the OP.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

How can you be obviously addressing someone by quoting a different persons post? Oh I know you were caught up in a spiritual vision where reality doesn't make any sense like the fairytale you believe right? LoL

They are proof that our educational system has failed woefully. How grown up folks will buy into such delusion still marvel me.

My younger bro (12yrs) asked my dad last week, "If Jesus and God are one as portrayed by the bible, how possible is it that he came to earth, to have himself killed to appease himself?"

I saw my dad battling to give an answer.

Some believe jesus and Yahwah are different, some believe they are one. The inconsistencies and loopholes are just overwhelming and proved only one thing, God is merely a human construct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Anas09: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

At least you admit your bible is useless to us as it was practiced in an ancient, outmoded time.
The son of perdition must not be found missing in the midst of God's people.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by spongeisback: 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
Mystery of god AKA I don't understand what all this rubbish is about but I will "faith it" since I am too scared and so indoctrinated to think for myself. So I've to believe or else i was told I will go to hell. There I just summarized the whole "mystery of god"

Originakalokalo:

It is possible for a little girl to think that way because she doesn't understand the mystery of God yet...

I and the other children of God on nairaland do not have little brain...

We have been enlightened through the spirit of God ....we have access to the mysteries of the kingdom of God....

Sorry that you cannot understand it...

I do.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Anas09: 12:42pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

Okay, that's a slip. 'Satanist. is that better?
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Anas09: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
spongeisback:
I watched a video on Instagram last night, a white girl was reading the bible story"as Jesus grew up he learnt more and more about god". She paused and asked I thought Jesus is god, how can he learn about himself

Post the passage pls.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Fash20: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
OpenYourEyes1:
So called slaves in those days have lots of rights than the slavery practiced in "civilized" societies as recent as 200yrs ago.

How do you know. Were you there.

1 Like

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by rekinomtla(m): 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
LordReed:

How can you be obviously addressing someone by quoting a different person's post? Oh I know you were caught up in a spiritual vision where reality doesn't make any sense like the fairytale you believe right? LoL

Its obvious if u actually read his post cuz he exposes how atheists twist the bible. And my reaction to that was "Ah atheists twisting biblical verses again".
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2018
Anas09:

The son of perdition must not be found missing in the midst of God's people.

Gibberish

4 Likes

Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by Deckline(m): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
HenryDion:

That was a question that needed an honest answer, but you failed to answer but rather, beat around the bush. Slavery was a normal practice then, why is it frowned at today?
Okay,i am guessing you will feel elated seeing your family go into slavery.

Move on.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by spongeisback: 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
Anas09:

Post the passage pls.
undecided

Why?! So you will go and call her a witch or satanist.
Re: Are You Wiser Than God? Slavery Is Biblical And Good (photo) by LordReed(m): 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2018
Anas09:

Okay, that's a slip. 'Satanist. is that better?

And you need screwdriver adjustments to the screws in your noggins.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is God Both Male And Female? / What Have You Done For God Lately? / If You Were God, What Would You Like To Change On Earth?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.