Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

In The Beginning There Was An End. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Beginning There Was An End. (9929 Views)

What Are You Thanking God For As 2020 Is Coming To An End? / The World's Pain Is Coming To An End Soon / Is The World Really About To Come To An End? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 10:18am On Feb 01, 2018
Something bad happened to me.
I was robbed, alongside other passengers on our way back from work at Lawanson. Apparently, a riot or should I say "a scene to steal and cause public unrest" was started.

He came into our vehicle, and the fact that I hid beneath the chair, and had about three people on top me who were scampering for safety didn't deter him.

He somehow located me underneath and kept using his index finger or whatever sharp object to poke me to bring out my valuables (which I had hidden under the chair btw) and at the same time brandishing his sharp object. One of the touts had already cut one lady and there was BLOOD.

I parted with my only surviving correct phone, my CX. It was that or my bag. It was either my bag, my purse, or my phone. I had valuables in my bag, especially my purse that were literally irreplaceable in the interim. So I hid those under the chair from the onset.

Police later arrived at the scene, of course, that's after all the pillaging and thuggery had been done. I am sure that lots of workers returning were robbed.

My pain now is my memory card where I have saved beautiful memories of my family. I doubt I would ever recover that.

How all these happened in a flash reminded me of the people in Benue and what they have to face because of two warring factions. It is one moment of peace, and the next thing, pandemonium, then fracas.

What happened to me is sad, but it makes my heart go out to the people who have to survive worse than this daily, especially innocent unsuspecting people. I mean, our car was literally left right there on the spot, and the driver took to his heels. I could not come out because folks were lying on top of me, What if it were a gun fight?

Well, today, I am reminded about life and its fleeting moments.

Woke up to pains all over my body, and I was thinking my body was foamy enough to carry 3 people at least.

I hope to be back online as soon as I can. Thank God for this my kpalasa phone that can Nairaland at least.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
MizMyColi:
I was robbed, alongside other passengers on our way back from work at Lawanson. Apparently, a riot or should I say "a scene to steal and cause public unrest" was started.

He came into our vehicle, and the fact that I hid beneath the chair, and had about three people on top me who were scampering for safety didn't deter him.

He somehow located me underneath and kept using his index finger or whatever sharp object to poke me to bring out my valuables (which I had hidden under the chair btw) and at the same time brandishing his sharp object. One of the touts had already cut one lady and there was BLOOD.

Really sorry to read this, it must have been a terrifying experience, just glad that you are safe and unhurt, items can be replaced. Hope you're back posting as soon as you can. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 1:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Sarassin:

Really sorry to read this, it must have been a terrifying experience, just glad that you are safe and unhurt, items can be replaced. Hope you're back posting as soon as you can. All the best.

Many thanks to you. It was terrifying indeed.
This is the first I ever experience such all my life.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
MizMyColi:
I was robbed, alongside other passengers on our way back from work at Lawanson. Apparently, a riot or should I say "a scene to steal and
Hello my dear,

I am very sorry for this experience of yours. I have not been online for sometime, only to come back and read this. The most important is that your life has not been taken, and you still have all you need to continue to move forward and upward.

I believe there is still a blessing hidden behind all negative circumstances, so take heart and move on. Have a great smile and be assured that Life has other great treasures for you, and it is not yet time.

Remain Blessed

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
LoJ:

Hello my dear,

I am very sorry for this experience of yours. I have not been online for sometime, only to come back and read this. The most important is that your life has not been taken, and you still have all you need to continue to move forward and upward.

I believe there is still a blessing hidden behind all negative circumstances, so take heart and move on. Have a great smile and be assured that Life has other great treasures for you, and it is not yet time.

Remain Blessed

Thank you so much dear.
I have been up and about trying to effect sims replacement and then possibly register for National ID.

A hearty so mote it be to your declaration.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Mujtahida: 8:13am On Feb 05, 2018
MizMyColi:

I parted with my only surviving correct phone, my CX. It was that or my bag. It was either my bag, my purse, or my phone. I had valuables in my bag, especially my purse that were literally irreplaceable in the interim. So I hid those under the chair from the onset.

Police later arrived at the scene, of course, that's after all the pillaging and thuggery had been done. I am sure that lots of workers returning were robbed.

My pain now is my memory card where I have saved beautiful memories of my family. I doubt I would ever recover that.

How all these happened in a flash reminded me of the people in Benue and what they have to face because of two warring factions. It is one moment of peace, and the next thing, pandemonium, then fracas.

What happened to me is sad, but it makes my heart go out to the people who have to survive worse than this daily, especially innocent unsuspecting people. I mean, our car was literally left right there on the spot, and the driver took to his heels. I could not come out because folks were lying on top of me, What if it were a gun fight?

Woke up to pains all over my body, and I was thinking my body was foamy enough to carry 3 people at least.

I hope to be back online as soon as I can. Thank God for this my kpalasa phone that can Nairaland at least.

I'm just seeing this now. I'm so sorry about the incidence. Glad you are safe. Be comforted. I hope you are good now
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MizMyColi(f): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2018
Mujtahida:

I'm just seeing this now. I'm so sorry about the incidence. Glad you are safe. Be comforted. I hope you are good now

Hi Mujta.
I am very good now cheesy
Thanks for checking in on me.

I still use my palasa phone, but I am happy nonetheless cool

You?

How have you been?
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Mujtahida: 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2018
MizMyColi:

Hi Mujta.

You?

How have you been?
Yeah I'm fine. So long. We'd do some exchanges soon. Glad you OK. Pele

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 14, 2018
Hello everyone.

I decided to spend the next few days discussing a particular oriental school of thoughts with respect to prana, immortality, reincarnation and Karma. I am refering to the taoist Neigong in particular chikung and neikung, as the internal arts of the chinese.

I believe there is much we can learn from these.

I am by no means an authority on the topic, and people should feel free to contribute contradict and whatnot. I have had the priviledge to be acquainted to a true taoist legend, the type we only hear about in mythologies. He could perform incredible feat like telekinesis, levitation, pyrogenesis, and he could heal various illnesses in no time, always free of charge. He lives in absolute anonimity and was forbidden to gain a penny from his practice. He is the head of a school, which unfortunately admits only chinese students and I was therefore not admitted. But only getting a bit close to him, was a life changer.

It is from his teachings and that of one of his student I know personally, that I will share the next lines. I will only talk about general things, and perhaps from there we will be able to draw parallel lines and similarities with other traditions such as tantra or hermeticism.

It's gonna be a good ride. smiley

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by LotusFan: 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
undecided

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 16, 2018
Hello to all. I would to continue on what we started on my previous post. I wish to talk about the chinese internal arts.

It all started with a quest for immortality. The kings and emperor wanted to live forever ad therefore commanded their priests and shamans to find a way to achieve this. Immortality has not been an exclusive chinese pursuit, all over the world, people have been longing to "live forever". According to the head of the school I will likely introduce at some point later, the mystics of that age took different orientations in order to find the "elixir of life", the first one being a form of internal achemy and the second one the use of internal bio energy, or chi.

In order to understand their respective methodologies, it is important we highlight fundamental concepts in their thinking. Especially the concept of chi.

The taoist believe (and they are actually quite right, as we shall demonstrate later) that a dual force permeates the universe, which is called chi. Chi is a similar concept to that of prana, or Rouah or pneuma. The particularity of the chinese concept of chi, is that it is a dual force made of an active side (Yang chi) and a passive one (Ying chi). The interaction of both sides of chi is what makes life possible, and in fact, any living thing is made up of yang chi and ying chi. It works in pretty much the same way as electricity or magnestism, with a positive polarity and a negative one. It is from the interaction of both poles that we have the light giving energizing electricy or (electro)magnetism.

Man is made up of yang chi (his physical structure) and ying chi (his spiritual side). More on this later, and how it relates to immortality and reincarnation. The schools of internal alchemy tried to achieve actual physical immortality (and there is strong evidence they did at least partially achieve a form a rejuvenation) through sexual techniques. The seminal fluids are made of "ching" which is a forme of coarse ying chi. The technique consisted therefore in generating as much semen as possible via non orgasmic/non ejaculatory sex which is then stored in specific points of the human body and refined into pure ying chi, which will in turn nourish the spirit body. The spirit body will then have more and more power and mastery over the physical body, and reach the point of immortality.

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 16, 2018
As indicated earlier, there are strong indications they achieved this at least partially. Till date, it is well known that some asian leader do carry out certain exercices to live longer and younger. The stories about people living multiple hundreds of years abound in almost every spiritual tradition and it is no random. These people did not have a body fundamentally different from ours. It could simply be that they had and applied knowledge we no longer have, and are not willing to apply.

Anybody that could achieve via discipline and persistence in the sexual and meditation practices over many years a state close to immortality is called a "Hsien" which simply meant a Man similar to a Peak or a Mountain.

It is to be noted that the internal alchemy tradition, though it quite sucessfuly adressed the concerns for rejuvenation, did not realise the magnificient potential that the knowledge and use of ying and yang chi could impart on humanity in the areas of healing, power and ultimately karma and life after death. It is the schools of internal bio energy, the chi and nei gong that will bring these truths to light... at a very great cost.

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by PastorAIO: 11:56am On Feb 16, 2018
Li Ching-Yuen or Li Ching-Yun (simplified Chinese: 李清云; traditional Chinese: 李清雲; pinyin: Lǐ Qīngyún) (died 6 May 1933) was a Chinese herbalist, martial artist and tactical advisor, known for his supposed extreme longevity.[4][5] He claimed to have been born in 1736, while disputed records suggest 1677. Both claimed lifespans far exceed the longest confirmed lifespan of 122 years and 164 days of French woman Jeanne Calment. His true date of birth was never determined, and his claims have been dismissed by gerontologists as a myth.[6]

-Wikipedia

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by PastorAIO: 11:56am On Feb 16, 2018
PastorAIO:
Li Ching-Yuen or Li Ching-Yun (simplified Chinese: 李清云; traditional Chinese: 李清雲; pinyin: Lǐ Qīngyún) (died 6 May 1933) was a Chinese herbalist, martial artist and tactical advisor, known for his supposed extreme longevity.[4][5] He claimed to have been born in 1736, while disputed records suggest 1677. Both claimed lifespans far exceed the longest confirmed lifespan of 122 years and 164 days of French woman Jeanne Calment. His true date of birth was never determined, and his claims have been dismissed by gerontologists as a myth.[6]

-Wikipedia

But I know oyinbo will have difficulty accepting records that are not theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
It is our intention to provide clearer deeper description of the universal force(s?) of ying and yang chi.

The taoist believe that the yang chi is the energy of the stars (sun stars) through which they power their solar system. It stems from the given stars, in our case the sun, and actively energyses and permeates the whole system. Ying chi on the other hand is believed to be the (de)formation of the space - time continuum. In other word gravity, which the force through which things excert a given attraction on others.

Ying chi thefore pulls things down, Yang chi tends to rise.

They are both loving ennemies, constantly repelling each other, fighting one against the other, but dancing one with the other, in a life giving ballet. It is from this dance of the enemies that life emerges. This dance can be observed in the taoist depiction of the ying and yang, just as it can be seen on the now famous caduceus going further to prove that this knowledge has not been exclusive to taoist culture.
It is through the use of their respective properties that tremendous feats are achieve by the people "in the know". The master for instance told some of us and demonstrated many times in a controlled environment (with american and european scientists), how he uses ying chi to stop bullets by absorbing their memontum via gravity.

3 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by PastorAIO: 12:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
Gen. 6:3 Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Another false prophecy in the bible?

Imagine if as a result of believing this no efforts were made to prolong life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Chi gong and Nei gong were 2 schools that opted for the use of universal chi to achieve immortality, healing and physical prowess, without alchemy. The main difference between chi gong and Nei gong is in how the chi is collected from the environment around and used.

Chi gong practionners, use the chi directly from the environment to achieve their purposes. Nei gong artists on the other had, store the chi on various places in their body for later use, like a battery or power bank. And that is a fundamental difference. Since ying chi is passive, the chi gong artist cant use it. He is obliged to use only the yang chi and is therefore limited in his abilities. Chi gong is therefore more external than nei gong. In actuality, both are one and the same, the difference being a matter of degree. Only advanced practtionners could learn to store yang chi and ying chi and use it at will.

The steps to the unleashing of the power of chi are about 72. Fundamental to these are the first 4:

- Storing yang chi in the "dantien"
- Contracting the yang chi in the dantien
- Severing the cords of the dantien to grant it full mobility
- Fusion of ying and yang chi in the dantien.

We will describe later what the dantien is and how storing yang chi in the dantien is achieved. Bear in mind, these are only superfical description, meant for understanding research and comparison with other systems, while essential elements are not revealed. So by no mean it is a detailed instruction on how to unleash qi power. One of these steps can take up to 12 years of training. The fourth step is deadly as the fusion of both aspects of chi is difficult. More on this later, hopefully.

From step 4, the practionner can perform healing (though only with acupuncture needles and points) telekinesis and others. In step 2 already the student has abilities beyond ordinary. Any fist he gives, is deadly because the yang chi goes directly to the heart of his oponent and kills him in 24 hours.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by aniete: 12:01am On Oct 14, 2018
So grateful to the brilliant minds behind this thread, I must confess that I have learnt a lot. So many numerous questions have been answered and I am satisfied. I live in fear of expressing my views with others but I feel safe here.

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 1:04am On Oct 14, 2018
aniete:
So grateful to the brilliant minds behind this thread, I must confess that I have learnt a lot. So many numerous questions have been answered and I am satisfied. I live in fear of expressing my views with others but I feel safe here.
Hello Aniete,

I am glad you found some use to the thread. I actually did not share most of all I wanted to. I just got lazy along the way, and many of the people left nairaland too.

Perhaps some day I will be back at it.

2 Likes

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by aniete: 7:47am On Oct 14, 2018
LoJ:

Hello Aniete,

I am glad you found some use to the thread. I actually did not share most of all I wanted to. I just got lazy along the way, and many of the people left nairaland too.

I look forward to that day.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by AeroplaneApple: 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2018
MizMyColi:

sorry about your experience. Everything happens For a reason. Expecting you back soon... Peace

1 Like

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by wickedtuna: 11:22am On Mar 20, 2019
analize701:

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we are looking in a mirror that gives only a dim (blurred) reflection [of reality as in a riddle or enigma], but then [when perfection comes] we shall see in reality and face to face! Now I know in part (imperfectly), but then I shall know and understand fully and clearly, even in the same manner as I have been fully and clearly known and understood [by God].
could this be talking about the spiritual awakening, that is opening the 3rd eye?
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 06, 2019

I simply love that quote.

Here is something; Two souls meet at an astral plane, they were husband and wife in their previous lifetime. One soul says, “In our entire previous lifetime, as a spouse, I paid no attention to you whatsoever. You needed love and affection from me, which I completely denied you. This lifetime, I wish to devote my entire lifetime to you”.

They were born once again on the physical plane – the husband as the mother and the wife as the son. The son as a special needs child, physically and mentally slow. Therefore, for 24 hours a day, the mother is devoted to the child.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 06, 2019

My apologies dear friend, I was not in fact referring to the slight alteration you made earlier, it simply transpired that I had not seen/read the subsequent paragraph beneath it and I simply assumed it had been added on later, the error is entirely mine.

Aaargh please ...not old Idi Amin...

Anyways. I think you gave it a good stab, but for me, it is necessary to move away from the confines of biblical interpretations in order to have a deeper understanding of what the “Tree of Life” is and what it stood for. From my point of view the Genesis creation monologue is “creation dumbed down” that is “creation for dummies” it is simplistic and intended to convey as little as possible and even the little that is conveyed is grossly misunderstood.

The Hebrew Tree of Life is a mystical symbol within esoteric Judaism used to describe the path to God. It is an arrangement of ten interconnected spheres (each known as sephiroth), they represent the main charted system of the Jewish Qabalistic tradition or Jewish cosmology if you will. Only one of the ten spheres of the Tree of Life represents the physical existence that we can see, touch, hear, smell, and taste.

as I mentioned before, the Tree of life is considered to be a map of the universe, as well as the psyche, the order of the creation of the Universe, (defined through the Ten words of creation) and a path to spiritual illumination. But it does not end there, the Tree of life apart from describing the physical universe also goes on to give us Man’s place in the great scheme of things, and because Man is composed of mind and consciousness, Man is positioned as the fruit of the physical world, through whom the original infinite Divine God can experience and express itself as a finite entity.

The Tree of Life is an ancient symbol, still used by different races and cultures. For thousands of years, people everywhere have revered trees as a source of spiritual sustenance. From the esoteric traditions of the people of the Caucasus who claim that their shamans gestate on treetops, to the Buddhists, who contend that the Lord Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, the imagery of trees figuratively served as an anchor for spiritual work.

Christianity is alone in the ridiculous contention that the Divine cast its creation from its own presence.

Once we know full well what we are referring to as the "Tree of Life" then everything else should fall into place. Man was created perfect for Divine purpose. The Tree of Life blooms in the centre of the mystical garden of Eden, it functions as the organiser for all spiritual navigators, who can use its ever-present power to improve their lives and climb their way closer to Divine presence. For instance, to engender beauty in our lives it is necessary only to chant the name of God for Beauty- Yod Hay Vav Hay Eloah Va Dat.

Through the Tree of Life, Man (and Woman) come to realisation of oneself and the universe as an expression of God, and to commence the journey of return by stages charted by the Sephiroth, until Man is one with the Divine.

This is what we are told in the Book of Splendour.

Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 06, 2019
LoJ:
- While I was in her uterus, my mother breathed for me and the rhythm of her breathing was like the rise and fall of the waves of the sea I now contemplate. [...] harmony with the Mother is created by grouping three essential elements in the same image: the warm water of the ocean, breathing to the rhythm of the rise and fall of the waves, and the fetal position.

In my mother's womb I was without ego, without a name or nationality, without possessions and yet endowed with all my potentialities and fully aware. As a citizen of the world not yet belonging to' the 20th century, was without age and my mother was still the Mother -
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 06, 2019
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
LoJ:

Hello Aniete,

Please, post more updates. Thanks.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2019
LoJ:
The greatest honor of my life till date has been to "meet" the Mother.

The earliest "encounter" I had with her in this life, was about 7 years ago. In a former life I had some other experiences which were revealed to me by means of the akashic records, But it is a digression.

In that encounter I was in a state of unrest. Running away, running away from life. Afraid and aloof. Life lacked meaning, and lacked taste. I was an hermit, going to and from, from one place to the other, seeking inner order and refuge. It is while running away that I saw it. Should I say I saw her?

She was up there. Like a constellation of various stars shining and firmly engraved on the heavens, with the form of a Woman and her beautiful star. She was there, staring at me.

Then I understood.
Could you please shed more light on this? How can one achieve this feat? Thank you.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2019
gensteejay:

Could you please shed more light on this? How can one achieve this feat? Thank you.
Hello there,

The book of life also called akashic records are merely concepts that refer to a memory storage of the whole cosmos. Every single thoughts, word or deed is recorded and kept forever in the akashic records. If one can access the akashic records, one is virtually able to have access to all of history.

It is said that actually history is a function of the akashic, meaning that what we call future is a tree whose roots are found in the akashic records.

In practice access to the records is a matter of the highest nobility and mastery. In a sense, a measure of difference among the greats is the ability to consciously access the akashic records at will. I have never met in person, someone who could. Although Mnwankwo seemed to have suggested such (if my memory serves me right).

I for one, have had access to it a few times, and it was not dependent on my will. I was able to relive my past lives and understand much better my present character and circumstances.

Greetings.
Re: In The Beginning There Was An End. by MuttleyLaff: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2019
MizMyColi:
Hi Mujta.

You?

How have you been?
"...I vividly remember in 1995, waking up and walking down the street to where I parked my beautiful waxed black colored vw golf Gti Mark II, couldn't find it in slot I parked. I walked both ends of the street, only for to dawn on me that my beloved car has been stolen. I remember how I hated the person that violated me by stealing this loved car. I remember also prior to this, on two separate occasions, when the windows of same car, was smashed, just for some thieving bastard to take out my removable car hi-fi, go to my boot, rummaged through to take away the high performance speakers in there"
- Re: Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union by muttleylaff: 1:40pm On Jun 26

I am just seeing this now, one year later after the actual incident. I am so sorry about the "bad" experience MizMyColi. Happy you werent physically or directly harmed with objects. Trust you're good and over this now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Ten Commandments In The New Testament / Coverless Lebanese Girls Burning #ISIS Flags… / Going To Church Early Vs. Going To Church Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.