Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,843 members, 7,813,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Islam Or Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam Or Christianity (848 Views)

Do Muslims Truly Understand Islam Or Read Quran / Who Lied? Islam Or Christianity? / Which Religion first entered Africa? Islam Or Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2018
Prophet Muhammad{SAW} was intellectually talked about in the bible but pastors and international christian bodies have changed and manipulated the bible.
Prophet MUhammad{SAW} was talked about in deuteronomy,exodus etc.Christians dont have the hebrew bible,if you as christian can get that bible,you will surely convert to muslim within an hour
Re: Islam Or Christianity by donplato(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
and what is good about islam?...religion of bondage
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
Who told you Islam the religion of peace is the religion of bondage?
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
In the Old Testament, Genesis, 21:21 it is said: "He (Prophet Ishmael) dwelt in the Wilderness of Paran; and his Mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt."
Psalm 83: 4-6 talks about the enemies of among others Ishmaelites, and Hagrites (Hagar being the mother of Prophet Ishmael).
Psalm 84: 4-6 "4. Blessed are those who dwell in your House; They will still be praising You. 5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on the pilgrimage. 6. As they pass through the valley of Baca. They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools."
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
References in the Bible about the Coming of the Prophet Muhammad
Question: Are there any references and citations from the Bible about the Coming of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him)?

Yes. There are several citations in the Bible prophesying the coming of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing of God be upon him. Isaiah 42:4 says, "He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he has established justice in the earth." The Ministry of Jesus, peace be upon him, lasted only three years and at the time of his departure from this world it could not be truthfully said that 'he established justice in the earth'. However, Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, preached for 23 years and most certainly 'established justice in the earth' before he departed from the earth. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that verses 1-13 refer to the coming of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 "I will raise for them a Prophet like you (Moses) from among their brethren and will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them, all that I command him."

Let me make some comments about the above: Christians believe that this is a reference to Jesus, peace be upon him. One important word here is "Prophet". Christians believe Jesus is the son of God not a prophet of God. Another important word is "brethren". If it were Jesus the word would have been "children" because Jesus, peace be upon him, came from the children of Isaac. Since Ishmael, peace be upon him, was the brother of Isaac, peace be upon him, the reference is therefore to the children of Prophet Ishmael, peace be upon him, who will be brethren to the children of Isaac, peace be upon him. Again the only Prophet from the brethren of the Jews and the Christians was Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him. The next important phrase is " ... like you (Moses)". Even a cursory comparison will show us that Jesus, peace be upon him, was very unlike Prophet Moses, peace be upon him. Prophet Moses' birth was natural whereas the birth of Jesus was miraculous without a father, to a virgin, peace be upon her. Prophet Moses married and had children, Jesus did not marry and of course did not have any children. The ministry of Jesus, peace be upon him, lasted three years and did not see the laws of God establish in his time. Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, preached the law of God for many decades and saw in his time, the law of God established. Comparing Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, with Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, brings out an amazing similarity. Muhammad's birth was natural, he was married and had children; preached the law of God for 23 years and saw in his own time God's Law established in his land.

The phrase: "I will put My words in his mouth", takes on great significance because Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, was unlettered; he did not know how to read or write. Normally God would put the message in the Prophet's mind. In this case attention is drawn towards "words" being put into the "mouth". Prophet Muhammad's sayings as well as eye witness accounts describe his receiving the verses of the Holy Qur'an, and his tongue moving with the words being put in his mouth.

Turning to the New Testament, let us look at John 14:15-16. It says: "15. If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another 'comforter' (helper in other versions), that he may abide with you forever." Also John 15:26-27, John 16:5-8 and John 16:12-14.

Jesus, peace be upon him, spoke the Gospel in his native language which is Aramaic. The earliest translations were in Greek. It is very very interesting that the Greek word which was eventually translated into English as "Comforter" (Helper) is "Parqaleeta" and the meaning of this word is "one whom people praise exceedingly". It does not mean "the Holy Ghost" which is what we are told the so called "Comforter" means. I do not have the slightest clue as to how this meaning was given to the word Parqaleeta. What is even more fascinating is the fact that the name Muhammad has exactly the same meaning as Parqaleeta "one whom people praise exceedingly"! One of my friends wrote very beautifully in his book about the meaning of the word Muhammad: "The most praised one. He is praised upon earth and in the heavens, from the beginning to the end, by men jinn and angels, rocks and trees and animals, by prophets before him since Adam, by saints until Doomsday. As all of this cannot give him due praise, we beg God to praise him. He is the only One who truly know
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
That Prophet - PARACLETE - Muhammad
Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting that prophet like unto Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said "no". Then they asked him if he was Elias and he said "no". Then in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him "Art thou that Prophet?" and he answered "no" (John 1:19-21).

In the Gospel, according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things that the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with he profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "Those items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely cohesive picture."

Indeed history tells us that may early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit, This might explain the following who responded to some one who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus , to be the awaited "Paraclete". It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things that could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between true and false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11).

Was the Shift of Religious Leadership Prophesied?
Following the rejection of the last Israelite prophet, Jesus, it was about time that God's promise to make Ishmael a great nation to be fulfilled (Genesis 21:13, 18).
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
Out of Context Coincidence?
Is it possible that the numerous prophecies cited here are all individually and combined out of context misinterpretations? Is the opposite true, that such infrequently studied verses fit together consistently and clearly to point to the advent of the man who changed the course of human history, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him). Is it reasonable to conclude that all these prophecies, appearing in different books of the Bible and spoken by various prophets at different times were all coincidence? If this is so, here is another strange "coincidence"!

One of the signs of the prophet to come from Paran (Makkah) is that he will come with "tens of thousands of saints" (Deuteronomy 33:2 KJV). That was the number of faithful who accompanied Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) to Paran (Makkah) in his victorious, bloodless return to his birthplace to destroy the remaining symbols of idolatry in the Ka'bah. Says God as quoted by Moses: "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

Dear Readers: May the light of truth shine in your heart and mind. May it lead you to peace and certitude in this life and eternal bliss in hereafter. Amin.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2018
Prayer holds a very important place in the religion of Islam. It is the second pillar of Islam and the act of ritual prayer is performed five times every day. There is great power entrenched in the postures of prayer not the least of which is that it establishes and reinforces our connection to God. This is a connection that God Himself established when he created human beings. Our ancestor Adam was responsible for teaching his family how to worship God in the correct way which included praying.

All the prophets and messengers God sent to the nations on earth spread the same message, "O my people, worship God, you have no other God but Him" (Quran 11:50). They all spoke words of wisdom, guiding the people and reminding them that God is One, without partners, sons or daughters. Most of the prophets mentioned in the Quran are recognisable to people of the Christian and Jewish faiths and they all prayed in much the same way that Muslims pray today.

Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, is the final Prophet and that his mission and message was slightly different to the message of all the prophets before him. While each prophet was sent specifically to guide his own nation, Prophet Muhammad was sent to guide all of humankind. He said, "Every prophet was sent to his nation exclusively, but I was sent to all mankind".[1] Once we understand the connection between all the prophets of God it is not surprising to learn that they all prayed in basically the same way. What is surprising however is that even though there are descriptions of prayer in the Bible, Christians and Jews no longer pray the way their own prophets prayed.

The remainder of this article will examine passages from various books of the Bible and compare them to the way Muslims pray.

The most recognisable posture in the Muslim prayer is touching the forehead to the ground. It is the apex of a person’s prayer and it is mentioned in the authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad as the position in which a believer is as close to God as it is possible to be. "The nearest one comes to his Lord is when he is kowtowing."[2] Consider the following verses from the Bible.[3]

"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)

"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..." (Joshua 5:14)

"And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)

"And Abraham fell on his face..." (Genesis 17:3)

"…and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)

"…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)

"…Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)

In many others places in the Bible where we find the method of prayer mentioned, it calls to mind the way Muslims pray. In the Bible book entitled Daniel we are able to read a description of Daniel praying to God in a time of great crisis.

"Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did a foretime." (Daniel 6:10)

It is interesting to note that Prophet Daniel prayed towards Jerusalem. In the early days of Prophet Mohammad’s mission the faithful also prayed towards Jerusalem. However the Muslim direction of prayer changed. About sixteen months after Prophet Muhammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to the city of Medina the direction was changed to facing the sacred House of God in Mecca.

Descriptions of the positions Muslims adopt in the five ritual prayers per day can be found throughout the Bible. Many are mentioned in the book of Psalms.

"Stand in awe, and sin not."(Psalms 4:4)

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Psalms 95:6)

"…all that go down to the dust shall bow before him…" (Psalms 22:29)

And in the book of Kings we find Prophet Elijah casting himself upon the earth in the position of kneeling before touching the forehead to the ground.

"…and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees." (1 Kings 18:42)

This is a position very familiar to Muslims. So too is the position Jesus adopts during prayer in a moment of fear and uncertainty.

"And he (Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed." (Luke 22:41)

Even though the Jews and Christians today do not pray as we read in the Bible, Muslims continue to pray in a similar way to the prophets, as intended by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

FOOTNOTES:[1]Saheeh Al-Bukhari[2] Ibid[3] All Bible verses come from King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition available online at http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/
Re: Islam Or Christianity by LuciferKristi: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2018
Manholl:
[s]Prophet Muhammad{SAW} was intellectually talked about in the bible but pastors and international christian bodies have changed and manipulated the bible.
Prophet MUhammad{SAW} was talked about in deuteronomy,exodus etc.Christians dont have the hebrew bible,if you as christian can get that bible,you will surely convert to muslim within an hour[/s]

Mohammed the Paedophile of Mecca was born 500 years after Jesus' death (some 450 years after the last book in the Bible was written).

How could he have been discussed in the Bible?

The turban you tied around your conehead is preventing knowledge from seeping through.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2018
Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by.

New Living Translation
Then I said, "They should also place a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean priestly turban on his head and dressed him in new clothes while the angel of the LORD stood by.

English Standard Version
And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD was standing by.

Berean Study Bible
Then I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So a clean turban was placed on his head, and they clothed him, as the Angel of the LORD stood by.

New American Standard Bible
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
Exodus 29:6
And thou shalt put the mitre upon his head, and put the holy crown upon the mitre.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Some people come out today to say a bible was written by Al Quran. THE book written before Al Quran was Injil not bible.The Injil was written in back then not all these modern days story book Called Bible.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 3:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
If you have some questions contact me
Check my signature for whatsapp number.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
Are u done talking....?

The Bible is too great a book to record anything about an unknown ''prophet of Allah '' from Saudi Arabia.

We only watch the global Carnage, Bloodshed, Theft, Rape, Evil and Deception of an ''Evil Political Movementl'' branded as a Religion.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2018
Please do not say what u do not know
i just asked a simple question
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Originakalokalo(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
" I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my

words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."
(Deuteronomy 18: 18)

Like unto thee....like moses..

In nature, moses was an Israelite. Mohammed was not...

Moses did breathtaking miracles, Mohammed did not...

Jesus was an Israelite...did breathtaking miracles...

and to cap it all, Yahweh was speaking here. Not Allah.

Yaweh regards Jesus as his son..Allah has no son...Yaweh has a spirit.. the holy spirit.

Allah doesn't.

Mode of worship, etc. are different.. they are not the same God.

So, Yaweh was referring to his son Jesus.
and not Mohammed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Or Christianity by Originakalokalo(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2018
" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall

teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. "
(John 14: 26)

It is crystal clear hear that the comforter is a spirit.

THE COMFORTER WHICH IS THE HOLY GHOST.

Was Mohammed a spirit?

he will remind us of WHAT JESUS HAS TAUGHT...

" And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; "
(John 14: 16)

The comforter WILL ABIDE WITH US FOREVER.

Is Mohammed abiding with us?

My brother, Jesus is the only way..

Stop reading the Bible upside down.

Repent and be Comforted
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Originakalokalo(m): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2018
" But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall

teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. "

Was Mohammed a spirit?

" And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; "

Repent and be Converted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
Hello to you brother. It's such a great analysis you've got here, I'll admit. I'd like to make one or two comments.
Firstly, psalm 83 from verse one talks about the nations who have taken crafty counsels among themselves against Israel. The psalmist listed those nations and what will befall them.
The nation of the Ishmaelites is among these nations.
I read from KJV bro. You can check it up.

The psalm in psalm 84, KJV didn't make mention of pilgrimage although some other versions did. David talked about the keepers of the tabernacle and how blessed they, he, and every other person longing for the house of Elokim are.
Some other versions which referred to a pilgrimage talked only about Zion.

Manholl:
In the Old Testament, Genesis, 21:21 it is said: "He (Prophet Ishmael) dwelt in the Wilderness of Paran; and his Mother took a wife for him from the land of Egypt."
Psalm 83: 4-6 talks about the enemies of among others Ishmaelites, and Hagrites (Hagar being the mother of Prophet Ishmael).
Psalm 84: 4-6 "4. Blessed are those who dwell in your House; They will still be praising You. 5. Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on the pilgrimage. 6. As they pass through the valley of Baca. They make it a spring; The rain also covers it with pools."
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Originakalokalo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
Manholl:
Some people come out today to say a bible was written by Al Quran. THE book written before Al Quran was Injil not bible.The Injil was written in back then not all these modern days story book Called Bible.

Lol.

The five books of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms are found in Torah and in the old testament of the Bible.

unfortunately, all the stories in your Quran are copied from the Torah.

Islam has gained more acceptance even in Jerusalem... very few are Christians and higher percentage of the people practice Islam.

Take a look at this:

" I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. "
(John 5: 43)

I am sure that Yahweh did not send Mohammed. I don't know who sent him.

He came on his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2018
All of Isaiah's prophecies about the one whom Elokim will send about 750 years before the birth of Jesus were directed to him. Isaiah 11:1 , Isaiah 7:14, Daniel 7:7

Paraclete comes from the Koine Greek word παράκλητος (paráklētos) that can signify "called to one's aid in a court of justice", a "legal assistant", an "assistant", or an "intercessor".[1]

In modern Hebrew, the cognate praklit (פרקליט) means solicitor or legal counsel, praklit ha-mechoz means district attorney, and praklitut ha-medina the Israeli equivalent of the solicitor-general.

Mohammed means "praised", "thanked" not Paraclete.

Demosthenes, born 384 BCE, died 322 BCE, a Greek statesman, orator of ancient Athens, lawyer and politician made usage of the word parcaleta. Here's an English translation.

Citizens of Athens, I do not doubt that you are all pretty well aware that this trial has been the center of keen partisanship and active canvassing, for you saw the people who were accosting and annoying you just now at the casting of lots. But I have to make a request which ought to be granted without asking, that you will all give less weight to private entreaty or personal influence than to the spirit of justice and to the oath which you severally swore when you entered that box. You will reflect that justice and the oath concern yourselves and the commonwealth, whereas the importunity and party spirit of advocates[3] serve the end of those private ambitions which you are convened by the laws to thwart, not to encourage for the advantage of evil-doers. (Demosthenes On the False Embassy 19:1)

Take note of the bold word "Advocate"

Need we not to omit that peace with God is enmity with men. The Son of Man came on a mission of reconciliation.
Doesn't it seem absurd that an Aramaic word which translates, "Holy Ghost" in English will be translated as praised, thanked, etc in Greek ?

As regards the comforter, Jesus was very specific about the timing and actions of the comforter

Now, concerning John, brother, when you make references to the Bible, make complete references.
The priests and lévites the Jews sent asked if he was the Christ, if he was Elias, then asked if he was the prophet.
Now, they didn't make specifications regarding Deut 18:18 and for all we know, to them, that prophet might have come.
Now, let's talk about the present day Jews. Who are they waiting on for liberation as was promised them, The Christ or the prophet ? Definitely the Christ.

Manholl:
References in the Bible about the Coming of the Prophet Muhammad
Question: Are there any references and citations from the Bible about the Coming of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him)?

Yes. There are several citations in the Bible prophesying the coming of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing of God be upon him. Isaiah 42:4 says, "He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he has established justice in the earth." The Ministry of Jesus, peace be upon him, lasted only three years and at the time of his departure from this world it could not be truthfully said that 'he established justice in the earth'. However, Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, preached for 23 years and most certainly 'established justice in the earth' before he departed from the earth. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that verses 1-13 refer to the coming of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him.

Deuteronomy 18:18 "I will raise for them a Prophet like you (Moses) from among their brethren and will put My words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them, all that I command him."

Let me make some comments about the above: Christians believe that this is a reference to Jesus, peace be upon him. One important word here is "Prophet". Christians believe Jesus is the son of God not a prophet of God. Another important word is "brethren". If it were Jesus the word would have been "children" because Jesus, peace be upon him, came from the children of Isaac. Since Ishmael, peace be upon him, was the brother of Isaac, peace be upon him, the reference is therefore to the children of Prophet Ishmael, peace be upon him, who will be brethren to the children of Isaac, peace be upon him. Again the only Prophet from the brethren of the Jews and the Christians was Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him. The next important phrase is " ... like you (Moses)". Even a cursory comparison will show us that Jesus, peace be upon him, was very unlike Prophet Moses, peace be upon him. Prophet Moses' birth was natural whereas the birth of Jesus was miraculous without a father, to a virgin, peace be upon her. Prophet Moses married and had children, Jesus did not marry and of course did not have any children. The ministry of Jesus, peace be upon him, lasted three years and did not see the laws of God establish in his time. Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, preached the law of God for many decades and saw in his time, the law of God established. Comparing Prophet Moses, peace be upon him, with Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, brings out an amazing similarity. Muhammad's birth was natural, he was married and had children; preached the law of God for 23 years and saw in his own time God's Law established in his land.

The phrase: "I will put My words in his mouth", takes on great significance because Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be upon him, was unlettered; he did not know how to read or write. Normally God would put the message in the Prophet's mind. In this case attention is drawn towards "words" being put into the "mouth". Prophet Muhammad's sayings as well as eye witness accounts describe his receiving the verses of the Holy Qur'an, and his tongue moving with the words being put in his mouth.

Turning to the New Testament, let us look at John 14:15-16. It says: "15. If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another 'comforter' (helper in other versions), that he may abide with you forever." Also John 15:26-27, John 16:5-8 and John 16:12-14.

Jesus, peace be upon him, spoke the Gospel in his native language which is Aramaic. The earliest translations were in Greek. It is very very interesting that the Greek word which was eventually translated into English as "Comforter" (Helper) is "Parqaleeta" and the meaning of this word is "one whom people praise exceedingly". It does not mean "the Holy Ghost" which is what we are told the so called "Comforter" means. I do not have the slightest clue as to how this meaning was given to the word Parqaleeta. What is even more fascinating is the fact that the name Muhammad has exactly the same meaning as Parqaleeta "one whom people praise exceedingly"! One of my friends wrote very beautifully in his book about the meaning of the word Muhammad: "The most praised one. He is praised upon earth and in the heavens, from the beginning to the end, by men jinn and angels, rocks and trees and animals, by prophets before him since Adam, by saints until Doomsday. As all of this cannot give him due praise, we beg God to praise him. He is the only One who truly know
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
As regards the comforter, Jesus was very specific about the timing, actions and description of the comforter.
John 14:16 and 17
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Prophet Muhammad SAW was no spirit, therefore, he didn't dwell in the disciples, neither did he abide with them. Prophet Muhammad SAW was not even a fetus yet then.
The Son of Man was very clear as he spoke to the disciples and informed them that if he didn't leave, the comforter wouldn't come

( Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you)

and if the comforter did not come, what spirit will teach them things and bring all things to their remembrance ?

(But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.)

Again, the Son of Man made it very glaring that the Paraclete, the Greek translation of the comforter will testify of him. Again, prophet Mohammed SAW had not been born then, neither did he testify of the Son of Man when he walked the earth.

(But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of mesmiley

(Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.)
Brother, can you now see that the Son of Man established the law and the kingdom of God ?
I said it earlier that peace with God is enmity with men.
If we go by the world's definition of peace, then, prophet Mohammed SAW failed woefully to complete his task.
Me and you know that,

Manholl:
That Prophet - PARACLETE - Muhammad
Up to the time of Jesus (peace be upon him), the Israelites were still awaiting that prophet like unto Moses prophesied in Deuteronomy 18:18. When John the Baptist came, they asked him if he was Christ and he said "no". Then they asked him if he was Elias and he said "no". Then in apparent reference to Deuteronomy 18:18, they asked him "Art thou that Prophet?" and he answered "no" (John 1:19-21).

In the Gospel, according to John (Chapters 14, 15, 16) Jesus spoke of the "Paraclete" or comforter who will come after him, who will be sent by Father as another Paraclete, who will teach new things that the contemporaries of Jesus could not bear. While the Paraclete is described as the spirit of truth (whose meaning resemble Muhammad's famous title Al-Amin, the trustworthy), he is identified in one verse as the Holy Ghost (John 14:26). Such a designation is however inconsistent with he profile of that Paraclete. In the words of the Dictionary of the Bible (Ed. J. Mackenzie) "Those items, it must be admitted do not give an entirely cohesive picture."

Indeed history tells us that may early Christians understood the Paraclete to be a man and not a spirit, This might explain the following who responded to some one who claimed, without meeting the criteria stipulated by Jesus , to be the awaited "Paraclete". It was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who was the Paraclete, Comforter, helper, admonisher sent by God after Jesus. He testified of Jesus, taught new things that could not be borne at Jesus' time, he spoke what he heard (revelation), he dwells with the believers (through his well-preserved teachings). Such teachings will remain forever because he was the last messenger of God, the only Universal Messenger to unite the whole of humanity under God and on the path of PRESERVED truth. He told of many things to come which "came to pass" in the minutest detail meeting, the criterion given by Moses to distinguish between true and false prophets (Deuteronomy 18:22). He did reprove the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgement (John 16:8-11).

Was the Shift of Religious Leadership Prophesied?
Following the rejection of the last Israelite prophet, Jesus, it was about time that God's promise to make Ishmael a great nation to be fulfilled (Genesis 21:13, 18).
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 11:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
Mount Seir (Hebrew: הַר-שֵׂעִיר‎; Har Se'ir),[dubious – discuss] today known in Arabic as Jibāl ash-Sharāh,[dubious – discuss] is the ancient, as well as biblical, name for a mountainous region stretching between the Dead Sea and the Gulf of Aqaba, demarcating the southeastern border of Edom with Judah. It may also have marked the older historical limit of Egypt in Canaan.[1] A place called "Seir, in the land of Shasu" (ta-Shasu se`er, t3-sh3sw s`r), thought to be near Petra, Jordan, is listed in the temple of Amenhotep III at Soleb (ca. 1380 BC).

DEUT 33:2
And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them; he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

My dear brother, the Lord in this context refers to the Elokim, Yahweh, not Prophet Muhammad.

Manholl:
Out of Context Coincidence?
Is it possible that the numerous prophecies cited here are all individually and combined out of context misinterpretations? Is the opposite true, that such infrequently studied verses fit together consistently and clearly to point to the advent of the man who changed the course of human history, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him). Is it reasonable to conclude that all these prophecies, appearing in different books of the Bible and spoken by various prophets at different times were all coincidence? If this is so, here is another strange "coincidence"!

One of the signs of the prophet to come from Paran (Makkah) is that he will come with "tens of thousands of saints" (Deuteronomy 33:2 KJV). That was the number of faithful who accompanied Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) to Paran (Makkah) in his victorious, bloodless return to his birthplace to destroy the remaining symbols of idolatry in the Ka'bah. Says God as quoted by Moses: "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto My words which he shall speak in My name, I will require it of him." (Deuteronomy 18:19)

Dear Readers: May the light of truth shine in your heart and mind. May it lead you to peace and certitude in this life and eternal bliss in hereafter. Amin.
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2018
I do not want to mention the miracles performed by the apostles and the several disciples, even the works of Elokim through present day people, even those that I have seen with my eyes, heard with my ears because you probably wouldn't believe, but, here ;
Prophet Elijah the Tishbite prayed.
And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.

37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.

38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.

39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.

He did not have to bow his face on the ground before Elokim answered him. Look, what's more important is the relationship between the creator and the creation.

My Lord, Jesus Christ, said.in Mat 6:2-6, "Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. note

3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

Mat 6:16-18, "Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

17 But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18 That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly."

Mat 15:7-9, " Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. "

The again, the Son of Man said in Mat 23: 25-28, "Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity."

Manholl:
Prayer holds a very important place in the religion of Islam. It is the second pillar of Islam and the act of ritual prayer is performed five times every day. There is great power entrenched in the postures of prayer not the least of which is that it establishes and reinforces our connection to God. This is a connection that God Himself established when he created human beings. Our ancestor Adam was responsible for teaching his family how to worship God in the correct way which included praying.

All the prophets and messengers God sent to the nations on earth spread the same message, "O my people, worship God, you have no other God but Him" (Quran 11:50). They all spoke words of wisdom, guiding the people and reminding them that God is One, without partners, sons or daughters. Most of the prophets mentioned in the Quran are recognisable to people of the Christian and Jewish faiths and they all prayed in much the same way that Muslims pray today.

Muslims believe that Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, is the final Prophet and that his mission and message was slightly different to the message of all the prophets before him. While each prophet was sent specifically to guide his own nation, Prophet Muhammad was sent to guide all of humankind. He said, "Every prophet was sent to his nation exclusively, but I was sent to all mankind".[1] Once we understand the connection between all the prophets of God it is not surprising to learn that they all prayed in basically the same way. What is surprising however is that even though there are descriptions of prayer in the Bible, Christians and Jews no longer pray the way their own prophets prayed.

The remainder of this article will examine passages from various books of the Bible and compare them to the way Muslims pray.

The most recognisable posture in the Muslim prayer is touching the forehead to the ground. It is the apex of a person’s prayer and it is mentioned in the authentic traditions of Prophet Muhammad as the position in which a believer is as close to God as it is possible to be. "The nearest one comes to his Lord is when he is kowtowing."[2] Consider the following verses from the Bible.[3]

"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)

"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..." (Joshua 5:14)

"And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)

"And Abraham fell on his face..." (Genesis 17:3)

"…and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)

"…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)

"…Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)

In many others places in the Bible where we find the method of prayer mentioned, it calls to mind the way Muslims pray. In the Bible book entitled Daniel we are able to read a description of Daniel praying to God in a time of great crisis.

"Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did a foretime." (Daniel 6:10)

It is interesting to note that Prophet Daniel prayed towards Jerusalem. In the early days of Prophet Mohammad’s mission the faithful also prayed towards Jerusalem. However the Muslim direction of prayer changed. About sixteen months after Prophet Muhammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to the city of Medina the direction was changed to facing the sacred House of God in Mecca.

Descriptions of the positions Muslims adopt in the five ritual prayers per day can be found throughout the Bible. Many are mentioned in the book of Psalms.

"Stand in awe, and sin not."(Psalms 4:4)

"O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker." (Psalms 95:6)

"…all that go down to the dust shall bow before him…" (Psalms 22:29)

And in the book of Kings we find Prophet Elijah casting himself upon the earth in the position of kneeling before touching the forehead to the ground.

"…and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees." (1 Kings 18:42)

This is a position very familiar to Muslims. So too is the position Jesus adopts during prayer in a moment of fear and uncertainty.

"And he (Jesus) was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed." (Luke 22:41)

Even though the Jews and Christians today do not pray as we read in the Bible, Muslims continue to pray in a similar way to the prophets, as intended by the Creator of the heavens and the earth.

FOOTNOTES:[1]Saheeh Al-Bukhari[2] Ibid[3] All Bible verses come from King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition available online at http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 12:00am On Nov 07, 2018
What has a piece a clothing, the mitre, that is worn by archbishops and church dignitaries, headband and turban in other cultures has to do with worship ?
The word "mitre" itself originated from old French.
Does the fact that the turban, being worn and talked about centuries before Islam in the Hebrew nation not prove that it's their original clothing ?

Besides, what has a piece of clothing tied around the head got to do with who serves Elokim better ?
If that were the case, Elokim would have created clothes instead of humans or he would've clothed Adam and Eve after forming them.

1st Sam 12:21, "And turn ye not aside: for then should ye go after vain things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are vain"

Manholl:
Then I said, "Put a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the LORD stood by.

New Living Translation
Then I said, "They should also place a clean turban on his head." So they put a clean priestly turban on his head and dressed him in new clothes while the angel of the LORD stood by.

English Standard Version
And I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD was standing by.

Berean Study Bible
Then I said, “Let them put a clean turban on his head.” So a clean turban was placed on his head, and they clothed him, as the Angel of the LORD stood by.

New American Standard Bible
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 12:12am On Nov 07, 2018
The Arabic word Injil (إنجيل) as found in Islamic texts, and now used also by Muslim non-Arabs and Arab non-Muslims, is derived from the Syriac Aramaic word awongaleeyoon(ܐܘܢܓܠܝܘܢ) found in the Peshitta (Syriac translation of the Bible),[1] which in turn derives from the Greek word euangelion(Εὐαγγέλιον)[2] of the originally Greek language New Testament, where it means "good news" (from Greek "Εὐ αγγέλιον"; Old English "gōdspel"; Modern English "gospel", or "evangel" as an archaism, cf. e.g. Spanish "evangelio"wink The word Injil occurs twelve times in the Quran

Injil (Arabic: إنجيل‎, translit. ʾInjīl, alternative spellings: Ingil or Injeel) is the Arabic name for the Gospel of Jesus (Isa). This Injil is described by the Qur'an as one of the four Islamic holy books which was revealed by God, the others being the Zabur (possibly the Psalms), the Tawrat (the Torah), and the Qur'an itself. The word Injil is also used in the Quran, the Hadith and early Muslim documents to refer to both a book and revelations made by God to Jesus.

Manholl:
Re: Islam Or Christianity by MightySparrow: 4:53am On Nov 07, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Was Mohammed a spirit?

Repent and be Converted.
0 0 0 Muhammed never claimed to be the one sent here. ignorant muslims not all of muslims accept this
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 7:12am On Nov 07, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Was Mohammed a spirit?

"Another comforter"THe comforter he was talking about here was not holy spirit he was referring to another person who would come after him

Repent and be Comforted
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 7:13am On Nov 07, 2018
Nazaretha1:
The Arabic word Injil (إنجيل) as found in Islamic texts, and now used also by Muslim non-Arabs and Arab non-Muslims, is derived from the Syriac Aramaic word awongaleeyoon(ܐܘܢܓܠܝܘܢ) found in the Peshitta (Syriac translation of the Bible),[1] which in turn derives from the Greek word euangelion(Εὐαγγέλιον)[2] of the originally Greek language New Testament, where it means "good news" (from Greek "Εὐ αγγέλιον"; Old English "gōdspel"; Modern English "gospel", or "evangel" as an archaism, cf. e.g. Spanish "evangelio"wink The word Injil occurs twelve times in the Quran

Injil (Arabic: إنجيل‎, translit. ʾInjīl, alternative spellings: Ingil or Injeel) is the Arabic name for the Gospel of Jesus (Isa). This Injil is described by the Qur'an as one of the four Islamic holy books which was revealed by God, the others being the Zabur (possibly the Psalms), the Tawrat (the Torah), and the Qur'an itself. The word Injil is also used in the Quran, the Hadith and early Muslim documents to refer to both a book and revelations made by God to Jesus.
But it was called INJIL not bible and it does not have any revised standard version

Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 7:14am On Nov 07, 2018
The comforter meant another person who shall come after jesus{isah}
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Manholl: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2018
DEUTERONOMY 18-18
DEUTERONOMY 33-2
PSALM 45
ISAIAH 29-12 and lots more talked about the coming of prophet Muhammad
Re: Islam Or Christianity by Nazaretha1(m): 7:58am On Nov 07, 2018

Good morning brother. You should read that again. Check how the derivations were made. The New Testament, otherwise known as the gospel, otherwise known as the good news, in the old Anglo language, godspel came from the word Syriac Aramaic word, Awongaleyoon which is translated to Euangelion in Greek.

[quote author=Manholl post=72750383][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Antichrist / Truth About The Photo You See Which Are Said To Be Of A Marine Goddess / COZA: Leaked Identity Of The Second Woman That Accused Biodun Of Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.