Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User (41205 Views)

Amasa Firdaus: How God Used Me To Break Hijab Barrier / Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nelsizzy(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2017
juman:
Muslims women in that profession have their right to cover their hair.

What is constant in life is change.

Change is needed to accommodate our islamic believe.
Change is needed to accommodate Muslims. Can you hear yourself out?
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Humility017(m): 8:46am On Dec 17, 2017
safarigirl:
abeg leave these people. They need something to hold on to and religion is it, else, I don't see why a hijab is so much of an issue as if she has not committed worse sins previously.

The wig is enough head covering in my opinion
exactly....the wig still covers her hair....

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by BetaThings: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
then you abide by the rules. What's she's asking for is special treatment because she is Muslim. If every religion should come out with their regalia how will that place be?

There is a rule and she must follow if she wants to be called to bar

The rule is unconstitutional. Simple
Why do you say SARS should be reformed or scrapped
Should a policemen not come around that SARS is part of the security architecture and must be maintained
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Sterope(f): 8:47am On Dec 17, 2017
So because she has committed worse sins, she should commit all sins...wow! What a way to reason? How do you sleep at night when you easily dismiss other people's religion? Who are you to talk about the sins she has comitted or would commit? How does it affect the use of the hijab?

Religion aside, it would be hypocritical of you to stand up to some sexism rules in the legal profession when it finally brews.

We are not allowed to wear the wig into the hall and the wig is not enough head covering for some heads.

safarigirl:
abeg leave these people. They need something to hold on to and religion is it, else, I don't see why a hijab is so much of an issue as if she has not committed worse sins previously.

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 17, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
then you abide by the rules. What's she's asking for is special treatment because she is Muslim. If every religion should come out with their regalia how will that place be?

There is a rule and she must follow if she wants to be called to bar

No, we are not mandated to abide by any rules that oppose the law set by the Creator. If we do that, we are giving in to Satanic pressure. We never do that.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Sterope(f): 8:48am On Dec 17, 2017
Bloody liar, you couldn't have been there.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 17, 2017
Nathayas:
That is why your religion has broken the laws of the land and formed boko haram to terrorize the north east.

Typical non-answer. It is better not to say anything at all if you have nothing intelligent to offer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by apharm(m): 8:50am On Dec 17, 2017
Islam is a hollow sham
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by WhoBeThisMan: 8:51am On Dec 17, 2017
BetaThings:

Should a policemen not come around that SARS is part of the security architecture and must be maintained
I'm not talking about SARS I'm taking about a mode of dressing allowed in a profession. If you don't like it, don't do it at all. I wouldn't study a course that is not online with my religious beliefs.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by BetaThings: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2017
safarigirl:
abeg leave these people. They need something to hold on to and religion is it,
Very strange comment
Something to hold onto. How? She has written all the exams and passed
You would have been on track if she brought up the issue on the day of an exam she is not prepared for

safarigirl:
else, I don't see why a hijab is so much of an issue as if she has not committed worse sins previously.
How did you know she has committed sins previously?
And if she did, how did you know she has not repented?

Your last point is unfortunate because women who report rape meet a similar attitude even from policemen. "Don't mind her, as if she is a virgin"

safarigirl:
Would you really practice your religion based on the opinion of a non-Christian?
If you wouldn't, why would Muslim practise their religion based on your opinion

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nelsizzy(m): 8:53am On Dec 17, 2017
Sterope:
Bloody liar, you couldn't have been there.
Imagine this one. And you were there undecided
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by WhoBeThisMan: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:

No, we are not mandated to abide by any rules that oppose the law set by the Creator. If we do that, we are giving in to Satanic pressure. We never do that.
what you are telling me is that " I am not allowed to view necked women, but I want to go to the strip club"

If your creator didn't allow it, why study it the first place
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by ipodstinks: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2017
[s]
Farmerforlife:
I truly salute her strength, courage and principles.

This is what a true Muslim should be like, not those so called 'Muslims' who were begging her to disobey her Lord and creator for the sake of some smelling humans that are going to rot in the ground one day, but who seem to believe that their rules are superior to, and must supersede those of the Creator.

Ride on my sister, and may Allah grant you victory over the disbelievers and replace your law degree with what is far better. Lots of lawyers are begging for 'case' on the streets outside the courthouses, wearing worm-eaten okada suits. There is no assurance that your law degree alone would have even provided you with a source of income. At least maintain the fact that Allah's blessings is with you.

It is Allah Alone who provides worldly wealth.
[/s]Victory ko, Victoria ni. Make she go answer the call na. But una get sharia court na. So she should go there.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
what you are telling me is that " I am not allowed to view necked women, but I want to go to the strip club"

If your creator didn't allow it, why study it the first place

Because unfortunately, it is needed to fight for one's right, especially when Muslims are living in a country where the unbelievers have imposed this law through colonialism and the barrel of the gun.

And your analogy is shallow and misplaced, I am sorry to say.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by BetaThings: 8:57am On Dec 17, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
I'm not talking about SARS
You don't need to talk about SARS. So also you don't need to talk about Hijab

WhoBeThisMan:
I'm taking about a mode of dressing allowed in a profession. If you don't like it, don't do it at all. I wouldn't study a course that is not online with my religious beliefs.
Who made these rules
I have seen other people like you talk about foreign religion
But they are not saying that the dressing too has a foreign root

The dressing is discriminatory. Period
It is fashioned after the culture of a Christian country (Britain). Please don't let us waste time on this particular point. Afterall there is a Church of England
Islam existed in Nigeria before colonial rule

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Sterope(f): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2017
Yes. The more reason why she couldn't have been there. Guests didn't share the same entrance with the aspirants, staff or dignitaries.

Nelsizzy:
Imagine this one. And you were there undecided
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by BCISLTD: 8:58am On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Were the Christians at war with Islam when Allah made this commandments to them?

No

Yes they were
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by ipodstinks: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2017
juman:
Muslims women in that profession have their right to cover their hair.

What is constant in life is change.

Change is needed to accommodate our islamic believe.
Go there and change it.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Drealthing(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2017
The problem with this are the ridiculously ignorant Muslims and Christians who do not realize how stupid it is for Nigeria to address a dress code foreign to its land and people. Are there no bars in the middle east? Does the wig make her more of a lawyer? Did it ever occur to you people that the Christian west brought this dress code which was acceptable to them and we just adopted it without redress to our religious beliefs. What stupid gown and wig? The same lawyers wear to defend confessed murderers an corrupt judges wear to collect bribes? If only Christians can be a bit tolerant and open minded enough to reject this mental slavery!
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by WhoBeThisMan: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2017
BetaThings:

You don't need to talk about SARS. So also you don't need to talk about Hijab

Who made these rules
I have seen other people like you talk about foreign religion
But they are not saying that the dressing too has a foreign root

The dressing is discriminatory. Period
It is fashioned after the culture of a Christian country (Britain). Please don't let us waste time on this particular point. Afterall there is a Church of England
Islam existed in Nigeria before colonial rule

this argument can be said for every religious group in Nigeria. Now picture this, if an ifa priest comes for call to bar with his red and white regalia even with a bloody chicken on his neck? Is it not his religion?

Look when we talk about the law profession, it should be blind of every religious sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by superstar1(m): 9:01am On Dec 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Are you mandated to study man-made British law?

She could have studied the God's given law -- Sharia and she would saved the whole nation this idiotic debate.

I believe studying Sharia Law would have been more beneficial to the stup1d fanati spiritually than the secular man-made and law of sinners that she studied. How about that?

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Sampalo: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
So, Allah allows the disobedience of a simple societal norm that doesn't lure anyone to sin?

Allah sure promotes rebellion.
A day will come that you will wish you never made this statement. Ignorance has blinded you so much that you can insult your Lord. Enjoy while it last, surely his waiting for you patiently.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by iamVirus(m): 9:02am On Dec 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Unclothing herself before strange men is sin. It is not a simple societal norm. It is a temptation to disobedience. Rebellion against useless man-made rules is necessary when the other option is to rebel against our Creator.

Your approach is the same one that Satan used to entice Adam and his wife to disobey God. Congratulations.

lmao

Just to remove hijab?

The most funny shhh I'm gonna see today

2 Likes

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2017
Subno allah angry
Farmerforlife:
I truly salute her strength, courage and principles.

This is what a true Muslim should be like, not those so called 'Muslims' who were begging her to disobey her Lord and creator for the sake of some smelling humans that are going to rot in the ground one day, but who seem to believe that their rules are superior to, and must supersede those of the Creator.

Ride on my sister, and may Allah grant you victory over the disbelievers and replace your law degree with what is far better. Lots of lawyers are begging for 'case' on the streets outside the courthouses, wearing worm-eaten okada suits. There is no assurance that your law degree alone would have even provided you with a source of income. At least maintain the fact that Allah's blessings is with you.

It is Allah Alone who provides worldly wealth.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by safarigirl(f): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2017
Sterope:
So because she has committed worse sins, she should commit all sins...wow! What a way to reason? How do you sleep at night when you easily dismiss other people's religion?

Religion aside, it would be hypocritical of you to stand up to some sexism rules in the legal profession when it finally brews.

We are not allowed to wear the wig into the hall and the wig is not enough head covering for some heads.

she must have a big head if the wig is not enough covering grin

I am not planning to stand up to anything in that useless legal profession, even the allure is now lost on me. Everyone is hypocritical, everyone is biased and there is no equality or upholding of justice in the Nigerian legal profession. It is as useless as the nation itself and has served more as a means of oppression than elevation's

I just want to be done with it

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by 02Kebreal(m): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
So, Allah allows the disobedience of a simple societal norm that doesn't lure anyone to sin?

Allah sure promotes rebellion.

Telling her to remove her Hijab is luring to sin on its own....
Before she became a lawyer she was a Muslim. and after all that bruhaha on earth she would die to account for her deeds.
GOD'S LAW supersedes all other laws and must be obeyed first before other laws are considered.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Sterope(f): 9:06am On Dec 17, 2017
Still it is funny how you judge the importance of certain things to someone based on how important it is to you.... especially something of a religious nature that doesn't affect you in anyway.

safarigirl:
she must have a big head if the wig is not enough covering grin

I am not planning to stand up to anything in that useless legal profession, even the allure is now lost on me. Everyone is hypocritical, everyone is biased and there is no equality or upholding of justice in the Nigerian legal profession. It is as useless as the nation itself and has served more as a means of oppression than elevation's

I just want to be done with it
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 17, 2017
superstar1:

Are you mandated to study man-made British law?

She could have studied the God's given law -- Sharia and he would say the whole nation this idiotic debate.

I believe studying Sharia Law would have been more beneficial to the stup1d fanati spiritually than the secular man-made and law of sinners that she studied. How about that?

Unfortunately, British law was imposed on us through colonialism and the barrel of a gun. Now it is necessary that we study it so we can fight using those same imposed laws for our rights. This is because we live among hypocritical people who smile in our faces, but inwardly hate us for no reason other than they want us to be unbelievers like them, and they have no law or values that prevent them from oppressing us anytime they get the slightest opportunity.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by bennybaba(m): 9:07am On Dec 17, 2017
Leaving in a country with so much daft people angry angry....God help Nigeria
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Xzbit91: 9:08am On Dec 17, 2017
Farmerforlife:

Because unfortunately, it is needed to fight for one's right, especially when Muslims are living in a country where the unbelievers have imposed this law through colonialism and the barrel of the gun.

As though Islam wasn't imposed through trampling horses and swords of the jihadist

1 Like

Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 17, 2017
iamVirus:

lmao

Just to remove hijab?

The most funny shhh I'm gonna see today

That is how Satan must have once sneered
"It is a sin just to eat this small fruit?"

You have the same objective, so follow the same method.
Re: Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User by JamesReacher(m): 9:09am On Dec 17, 2017
BetaThings:

Your analogy doesn't correlate. We say SARS should be reformed because they are meting out damage to the citizens they are to protect. No sentiments at all. But religion!! ahh all the sentiments in the whole world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Meet The Banker Who Turned To Puff Puff Seller In Lagos / Engineers Salary / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.