Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,376 members, 7,954,523 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:12 PM

Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? (933 Views)

Ghanaian Man Caught His Wife and Brother Cheating On His Bed (Video) / My fiancée is cheating again / Men Beware, Your Wife Can Kill You If She Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by zeenaman: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2017
I'm under a serious restiveness as i type this. Never in my life have i been cheated on in a relationship, at least i have never caught any of my past girls cheat on me. So i don't know how it feels to be cheated on.
There is this girl i met two years ago, things have been so perfect between us, though it was a distance relationship, the commitment and trust we had in each other made the relationship a promising one. I loved her such. She tells me whenever any guy indicates interest in her, she won my trust 100%. I used to laugh when i read about girls cheat on their guys. To me, i was above that. My innocent girl could be trusted. She would tell me she can not imagine herself cheat on me and i believed her altogether.
Overtime, her mum developed a strong liking for me, even though we had not met. I decided to visit her this december. It's ten hours journey from the state i'm serving to where they are based. The plan was that i'll join my girl in school and she will lead me home to her mum the next day..
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by zeenaman: 9:22pm On Dec 16, 2017
Everything was working as planned. I arrived her place late and exhausted. I decide to rest the next day, and go see her mum the following day, her mum's place is another two hours journey from her school. While playing with her phone, i unconsciously opened her whatsapp chat with a known name whom she had told me was asking her out. I saw the shocked of my life!!
To cut the story short, she agreed that they made love twice, and that she had broken up with the guy... I got pissed, picked my bag and headed for the exit, but she wouldn't let me go. She was desperately crying like a baby that, i should forgive her. She cried so vulnerably until i was moved. I told her i forgave her, and still went ahead to see the mum. The Mum liked me the more seeing me.
i have decided to forgive her, but i get so irritated anytime i remember. please good people, is it possible to forgive and forget, and get back to normal life? Her repentance was genuine. Thanks
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by iamJ(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Manson1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 16, 2017
if only u knw wot I mean cheesy

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by habsydiamond(m): 11:43pm On Dec 16, 2017
It depends on the kind of cheating.....cos cheating get types and purposes......what if it's a sex starving relationship
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by coolh3ad(m): 12:08am On Dec 17, 2017
Very easy to Forgive but I doubt if you can forget and take it off your mind completely....is the trust still there?...NO!! And this is not even good at all for your kind of relationship ( The distance). You bae got a lot of work to do to gain your trust back.........

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by lummy247: 12:14am On Dec 17, 2017
This one weak me ooo. But this is a very personal decision. It's up to you.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by ibkkk(f): 4:50am On Dec 17, 2017
From your write up,you said her repentance was genuine. Please, FORGIVE her and learn to trust her again.

Now lemme ask you,on a lighter note,have you been faithful to her?

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 5:11am On Dec 17, 2017
Bro if you can, save yourself the headache forget her don't fall for those crocodile tears. If a girl cheats on you chances are she will still do it even if you live in the same street talkless of 10 hours drive apart.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by zeenaman: 5:52am On Dec 17, 2017
ibkkk:
From your write up,you said her repentance was genuine. Please, FORGIVE her and learn to trust her again.

I have been so faithful to her. I loved her a lot. She seemed like the only woman in the world to me
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by ubunja(m): 5:59am On Dec 17, 2017
personally i dont forgive
u cheat u out.i give others a chance.

3 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by ubunja(m): 6:02am On Dec 17, 2017
ibkkk:

so what now? HE is the one in court now angry angry angry
or if he was unfaithful to her in the past its her turn now?
then she might as well start giving him money coz he gave her money in the past and its now her turn.
women are a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by ajbabs(m): 6:32am On Dec 17, 2017
Faithfulness of any lady cannot be 100%. This is because other guys will still be approaching her for dating-chatting. But if a guy is decided to be faithful, he will blind his eyes to all other girls totally.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2017
ibkkk:

dats nt d issue here.what u shld ask is"have u bin caught "?
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 17, 2017
habsydiamond:
It depends on the kind of cheating.....cos cheating get types and purposes......
Cheating is cheating my dear.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by coolestofall(m): 8:08am On Dec 17, 2017
My man run 4 ur life. There r a lot of girls out there 2 b giving one a second chance. One bleeps up, please try d next. D only reason I'll stay is 2 shatter her emotionally. U savvy?
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 17, 2017
ubunja:
personally i dont forgive
u cheat u out.i give others a chance.
Me too, a cheat will always be a cheat.

1 Like

Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Childishbanjino(m): 8:21am On Dec 17, 2017
zeenaman:

I have been so faithful to her. I loved her a lot. She seemed like the only woman in the world to me

You say "loved". Does that mean what you feel for her now is not LOVE.

It's good that you've forgiven her. But if continuing the relationship with her makes you uncomfortable in any way. I advice you to do the needful.

Actions Have Consequences.

It is too late to fail.Amen
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Funky123(f): 8:27am On Dec 17, 2017
coolestofall:
My man run 4 ur life. There r a lot of girls out there 2 b giving one a second chance. One bleeps up, please try d next. D only reason I'll stay is 2 shatter her emotionally. U savvy?
The devil you ve known is better than the angel you just meet bro.....The next one might be worse
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by zeenaman: 8:29am On Dec 17, 2017
Childishbanjino:

You say "loved". Does that mean what you feel for her now is not LOVE.

It's good that you've forgiven her. But if continuing the relationship with her makes you uncomfortable in any way. I advice you to do the needful.

Actions Have Consequences.

It is too late to fail.Amen
I loved her before the incident. I am not myself now, and don't know how i feel about her for now
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Childishbanjino(m): 8:34am On Dec 17, 2017
zeenaman:

I loved her before the incident. I am not myself now, and don't know how i feel about her for now

That's sad. But give it time. She deserves her chance at true forgiveness.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by zeenaman: 8:40am On Dec 17, 2017
Childishbanjino:

That's sad. But give it time. She deserves her chance at true forgiveness.
Thank you sir. I feel so sad remembering everything; the moment i read the message, how she called me when the incident happened and was remorsefully asking if i can forgive a cheating gf, but i was too trusting to suspect anything.. It's so annoying.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2017
Same thing happened to me (though mine was only calling the guy up and down morning and late evening but na somewhere else dey start).
I told her to leave that I am only bonded to a relationship via trust but she chose to stay.

Now the relationship gonna be interesting.
Just keep wasting her time till you see another responsible girl.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Marcelo290(m): 10:17am On Dec 17, 2017
My case was somewhat similar to yours. Fûck distance relationship Bruv, that shit doesn't work. I'm sure I had more trust for my own than you sef, but she told me to my face that she's not responsible to me, I refused to believe what I heard until the reality dawned on me.

If not that I'm strong hearted, hmmm...don't trust any girl, much more one that is far apart. I really thank God for side chicks shaa..
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 17, 2017
Marcelo290:
My case was somewhat similar to yours. Fûck distance relationship Bruv, that shit doesn't work. I'm sure I had more trust for my own than you sef, but she told me to my face that she's not responsible to me, I refused to believe what I heard until the reality dawned on me.

If not that I'm strong hearted, hmmm...don't trust any girl, much more one that is far apart. I really thank God for side chicks shaa..
I swear long distance relationship is messed up, you will be faithful and put your heart to it, they will be busy cheating making you look stupid. The closer the better biko.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by coolestofall(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2017
Funky123:

The devil you ve known is better than the angel you just meet bro.....The next one might be worse
If so, then 2 d next one again. B smart my man.
Re: Is Cheating Forgiveable In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2017
zeenaman:
Everything was working as planned. I arrived her place late and exhausted. I decide to rest the next day, and go see her mum the following day, her mum's place is another two hours journey from her school. While playing with her phone, i unconsciously opened her whatsapp chat with a known name whom she had told me was asking her out. I saw the shocked of my life!!
To cut the story short, she agreed that they made love twice, and that she had broken up with the guy... I got pissed, picked my bag and headed for the exit, but she wouldn't let me go. She was desperately crying like a baby that, i should forgive her. She cried so vulnerably until i was moved. I told her i forgave her, and still went ahead to see the mum. The Mum liked me the more seeing me.
i have decided to forgive her, but i get so irritated anytime i remember. please good people, is it possible to forgive and forget, and get back to normal life? Her repentance was genuine. Thanks

Cheating in a relationship is unforgivable it's basically you shitting on someone's trust and efforts and I personally can't forgive cheaters and sadly not all women share the same thought they easily forgive and move on when their guys cheat, am guessing too much dependence on the dude. That's how I see it .

(1) (Reply)

Cash Prize Give Away To A Person Who Can Write This Lyrics / Things That Girls Must Stop In 2018 / Lady With Disfigured Face Gets Married In Anambra State (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.