Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa (30062 Views)

Help!!! All My Media Files Have 'Disappeared' From My SD Card / Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall / Help. All About Aliexpress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by juwanno(m): 11:09pm On Dec 16, 2017
Hello people.

I use a Techno Camon 9 Phone but presently I am unable to use this phone in the USA. I got the mobile phone from Nigeria where it worked perfectly with my cellular lines.

The SIM CARD networks (MTN & GLO) where expected to roam here either to T-MOBILE or AT & T, unfortunately it didnt roam to any of these lines. I tried using other cellular

network SIM CARDS on the mobile, but the issue still persist even when I tried manually searching for network, it says NO NETWORK AVAILABLE (as shown in attached).

The phone doesnt have a GSM network, all I can find is 2G to 4G.

Kindly assist to help on any possible way I can unlock or resolve this issue. My wife also encounters the same issue with her Techno Phone W5.

Kindly help out my good people! I can be reached on my mail juwanno1@gmail.com.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Sheun001(m): 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
Just get a better phone there Like Samsung Sony etc

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2017
oga ooo,
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by emeijeh(m): 11:36pm On Dec 16, 2017
See this guy carry substandard products enter Yankee grin

279 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Raiders: 1:20am On Dec 17, 2017
Why don't you get a metro pcs phone? It cheap and cost only about 20 dollars

23 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by juwanno(m): 3:17am On Dec 17, 2017
Raiders:
Why don't you get a metro pcs phone? It cheap and cost only about 20 dollars

Okay that would be cool.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by GetUmad: 7:05am On Dec 17, 2017
People wicked ooo.. You do do still carry that glorified chinco enter US. Haba!
Camon or Cannon or whatever name dem dash am na only for naija that thing get meaning.

Do you know if that phone has issues you'd have to abandon it cos no repair shop can fix it.
worse still, contact center would also tell you they don't have settings for it or know what that is. However, I know the phone would work, you just have to figure it out.

Anyway, I guess it has something to do with the frequency band and the network you're using. Are you using Metro pcs? Try other carriers with it.

I suggest you manually change your network. Switch to 2G alone wait for some minutes or reboot, if no solution, switch to 3G alone and repeat same steps to 4g while you notice any changes.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by GetUmad: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2017
Use this to check the compatibility of your phone with the network. https://www.frequencycheck.com

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by veekid(m): 7:42am On Dec 17, 2017
Anaye!!! Go buy a new phone jor

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by maestro2000(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2017
What state are you in the US? Most states in the US won't allow roaming from most naija telecom operators. Like someone already recommended , buy metro pcs or any other pre-paid mobile carriers (go to the nearest Wal-Mart) until you're settled and decides which carrier you will opt for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Narldon: 7:43am On Dec 17, 2017

China Phones became allergic to USA....after Trump banned most Foreigners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2017
How dare you carry chinco to USA. How dare you!!!!

16 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Ezedon(m): 7:44am On Dec 17, 2017
Its only Nokia torch thats acceptable world wide

13 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by 4dor: 7:44am On Dec 17, 2017
Abeg drop that phone and get a new one. You dey Yankee and you still dey downgrade.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by justi4jesu(f): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2017
grin grin Go and buy Iphone X
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Chuukwudi(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2017
Ok
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by ryd3(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2017
For now use ur WiFi with the phone make calls on WhatsApp. Then take ur time to go through network settings. My friend had the same issue with his line but roamed successfully

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by NothingDoMe: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2017
juwanno:

Okay that would be cool.
Check the phone frequency band and compare with the carrier network

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by igahdavid(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2017
It's a frequency issue. The phone is made for Nigerian frequency of 900/1800 MHz spectrum while in the US, they use 850 MHZ and 1900 MHZ in Canada .

Just get another phone cos it won't work.
That is why some American phones don't work in Nigeria too.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Toluene15: 7:46am On Dec 17, 2017
It won't work because we don't share the same radio band frequency with the US.
Same thing will happen if you bring a phone from US to Nigeria(Except the phone share the same band frequency with Nigerian network operators).
You can only use these phones in UK with some network operations.
please check compatibility
https://www.frequencycheck.com

Check if your device will work here https://willmyphonework.net/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Stylz69(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2017
It is possible. Some of the US networks are not GSM but CDMA. You are probably trying to roam on a CDMA network ...

Abeg US based people come and explain. I have never been there so I don’t know

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by talk2percy(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2017
All these Chinko phones can only work in Nigeria. U won't even see these phones we use here abroad -they use original phones there.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by Zane2point4(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2017
I think it has to be connected to network setting, i have seing guys with gionee and infinix phones in usa and asian countries even whatsapp me and call me steady.
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by dakeskese(m): 7:47am On Dec 17, 2017

Jesus!! Me wey dey plan enter LA with my Oukitel and Itel... Hope dey for me so?
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by segebase(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2017
ehen

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by dreamworld: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2017
It supposed to work well, get their sim card and put it in the phone, it will pick, gsm and 3g works worldwide
It's likely u bought a cdma sim card, or you are trying to use a ''only 4g enabled sim'' on a 3g tecno phone

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by melotech(m): 7:50am On Dec 17, 2017
Sir get a better phone it wouldn't work well over there
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by loadedvibes: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2017
Before nko

1 Like

Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by dreamworld: 7:51am On Dec 17, 2017
[center][/center]
Re: Help!!! All Techno Phones Not Working In Usa by wiloy2k8(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2017
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Current Best Social Media Of Chatting? / Has Your Facebook Account Been Breached? Then, Read This. / Airtel Salah Day Internet Disruption, Internet Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.