Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony (80413 Views)

Kayode Bello, The Lawless School, And The Hijab Cry / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
DerideGull:

She has every privilege to practice her religion in the mosque not in Nigerian court room. She will still vacate the courtroom whenever she wants to pray facing east. Nigeria constitution did not grant anybody the right to practice religious doctrines in Nigerian judiciary system.

I've been following your write ups on this thread and I must say you're very intelligent but the bolded really got me grin grin grin

BTW While they try to bend the law for her, they should remember the deeper life sisters and Catholic nuns before moving on to the yeye osun worshippers. After all they are NIGERIANS like her
My pastor's daughter wore the NYSC mandatory uniform which contradicts her faith so, she could serve and so are many others out there.
We all have equal rights in the constitution of this country!

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by hormeiza(m): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2017
Where there is no rule there is no crime. Will u say because u are from a masquerade family if u are called to bar you will now wear ur masquerade attire? She is just been paid or persuaded to fool herself

3 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Silumi(f): 4:11pm On Dec 17, 2017
STEWPID( good to say that)
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Sunnah1(m): 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2017
Limitednow:
Just tell us you need an Islamic state.
There is no difference between you and boko haram!
The battery of your sense is low.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
Alhamdullilah, Islam has promised by Allah shall overcome, she is wonderful.
I wanted to say you're stupid and a potential terrorist, that's if you haven't started yet but I decided to hold back my anger.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
erico2k2:

When the cloth is worn into gathering of others who do not agree, then you are in minority.the Court is a place of Man made laws no God.
then what is the bases of Muslims and other coming together to agreed to live together with the tolerance of ones religion, where is then our tolerance?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by enemyofprogress: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
oyinda1599:
ur brain is sick....
thank you
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by kokomilala(m): 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2017
This is a very sensitive issue because of that emotive thing involved- religion.To me,the hijab is not even conspicuous, but hey, does it run foul of the dress code of the law profession,the gathering she took it to? These, I think, are questions she should ask herself. But we should all be able to draw a line between conformity and and personal convictions.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by pawesome(m): 4:22pm On Dec 17, 2017
Make dem dare kal dt gal to bar n de wil c madness...i assure dem...nxt kal to bar una go c celestial members wit dia full regelia....it happened in state f osun in a secondary schl so de should xpect d worst
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
"My major concern is the approval of Hijab."

"My demand is that Hijab should be approved."

What effrontery. What temerity. What gall.

What a stupid and irritatingly idiotic woman. So, when the rules are bent to make an exception for you---when you're allowed to put on your RELIGIOUS regilia and violate the rules of a SECULAR organization, what happens to people of different religions and traditions who have JUST THE SAME RIGHT AS YOU, under the law? They should also be allowed to defy the code of the organization and DESTROY order and professionalism? This woman is an extraordinary idiot.

Islamophobia, indeed. Muslims be playing the victim card, and screaming oppression, while demanding for special rights.

As for the morön posting his daughter's picture to make a point---did he forget that Abuja ISN'T New York, and Nigeria ISN'T America?

There's a reason why we have our own constitution. America has different laws.

There is the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

And there is the Constitution of the United States of America.

They do not tally. Sorry.

I think it's high time we tried a new brand of Mosque-ito repellent for these Islamists and Islamic Fundamentalists. And it should be bacon-scented for extra efficacy.

6 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by ebenholer(m): 4:23pm On Dec 17, 2017
Firdaus is just a devil incarnate. NBA has been existing before they gave birth to her and was not divided along religious line. You came in to bring in religousity in trying to portray to be religoius. True religion has actually gone beyong physical covering of head but went as far as covering ur mind and heart from immorality. I should be sure she is not as religious as she tries to portray

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by profel: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2017
Is she the only Muslim that attended law school? I'm sure many hijabians sisters attended the school and were called to bar. will she tell me she hasn't missed her prayers before due to some circumstances? Will she leave an examination hall when there's call for prayers?My dear God will understand. I wonder y many uses spirituality to cover reality

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by Frankskaf(f): 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2017
fulaniHERDSman:
Useless terrorist idiotic girl. Reminds me of Sani Yerrima that started the Sharia nonsense which finally birthed Bokoharam. Now as e don dey hot, the useless yerima has gone into hiding.

This she demon must be arrested now and prosecuted before she sets us on another ....
Mumu of the highest order
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by fellowman: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
even you too as a christian a slave. don't you know that?

whosoever the son shall set free shall be free indeed. John 8 vs 36.

by looking at Christians, do they look like slaves to you?
they are free people, they are blessed, they don't live with crazy laws as you.

and God doesn't punish them. God loves them and you are still going to hate them because the love of God is not in you.

so you spend your entire life defending a lie,
if your Allah was a true God, you won't be lying to cover up his ass.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
partnerus:

I wanted to say you're stupid and a potential terrorist, that's if you haven't started yet but I decided to hold back my anger.
you are welcome brother.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by erico2k2(m): 4:30pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
then what is the bases of Muslims and other coming together to agreed to live together with the tolerance of ones religion, where is then our tolerance?
There is no choice to associate as we live in a circular state, if we lived in a state govern by religion things would be different,ie the UAE.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2017
fellowman:

whosoever the son shall set free shall be free indeed. John 8 vs 36.

by looking at Christians, do they look like slaves to you?
they are free people, they are blessed, they don't live with crazy laws as you.

and God doesn't punish them. God loves them and you are still going to hate them because the love of God is not in you.

so you spend your entire life defending a lie,
if your Allah was a true God, you won't be lying to cover up his ass.
but bible called you slave of God. or are slave of devil?
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
erico2k2:

There is no choice to associate as we live in a circular state, if we lived in a state govern by religion things would be different,ie the UAE.
i disagree with you, the colonial master met many part of this country with our Islamic religion well established when they came and the bases of amalgamation of this country was based on religion tolerance among others, Islam just have to be hard, i mean loudly.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by shoczy(m): 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2017
rubbish stupid when did she start to know law.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by SexytorresE(f): 4:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
She looks like the hijab grin
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by prettyaura: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
That trouble maker busy forming gani fawehinmi..u want to be popular by force abi? ..My own is just that once that hijab of a thing is being considered for the call to bar, deeper life Christians should be granted freedom to wear khaki skirts for their service year too if not............we no go Gree!

3 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by fellowman: 4:39pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
but bible called you slave of God. or are slave of devil?

grin grin grin
you're a joker, you haven't answered my questions about Muhammed till now in the other thread, I'm going to mention you there.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
I have seen many claims on here that wearing hijab to one's call to bar is against the law, but I have yet to see anybody cite the specific law that is being violated. This is not about Amasa's religion, it's about her secular rights, and in this case, the law school, in spite of its unique position as the nurturer of Nigeria's judicial institution, is evidently the erring party here. The law school should ferociously adhere to, and promote the spirit of Nigeria's constitution, not brazenly violate it, as it has done against this young lady. I'm happy she's brave enough to stand her ground, and I stand with Amasa Firdaus!
It goes against the rules and regulations of the bar.
cooljoe:
Chinwo v. Owohnda (2008) 3 N.W.L.R (pt 1078) 341, 361. Court held inter alia that when u choose to be a member of an association, their rules shall/can curtail ur rights as contained in s.39 nd 40 in d constitution. Look out 4 d pronouncement of per Dongban-Mensem JCA
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by ebenholer(m): 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2017
rozay12345:
In all sincerity and objectivity, the matter the lady has brought to play is wrong and the best word to describe such a lady is rabble-rouser. Nigeria is a very secular country with a near balance population of Christians and Muslims. The animist/atheist population is quite insignificant. Someone who is called to bar must be blind to all sentiments in the delivery of justice. For her supporters, i want them to expect a nuclear effect, the glamour of the ceremony would be gone in no distant time if they proceed with this. People would point to their freedom of expression and mess up the whole process. Let us wait and see.
And such lady will now be made a future judge, I am sure she would take side in delivering her judgement as some of her brothers presently do. With 2 out of 3 major ethnic groups in nigeria moving a motion for secession through their attitudinal moves, I guess nigeria is gradually getting ripe for division. We have tried to live in strong unity as south western state but we are being scattered now further by people we associate with.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2017
fellowman:

grin grin grin
you're a joker, you haven't answered my questions about Muhammed till now in the other thread, I'm going to mention you there.
trying to dodge this one again!!! carry on.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by TalkItAll: 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2017
A religion that will encourage one to intentionally stir up the hornet's nest and fight against laid down rules and regulation just to prove a point is not a religion of peace at all. Before you know it, fights will break out in different places just because some si.lly girl refused to obey a simple law/rule, and the irony is that she's supposed to be a lawyer that should know what to do. If we all were to "intentionally" start fighting against what we perceive to be a wrong in the laws/rules in our places of abode that doesn't favor us in whatsoever way, what will become of us and our existence/co-existence? See what your stubbornness has caused you, trying to prove a nonesense point my foot. Common sense is indeed not common. I just wonder how we all eneded up together.

1 Like

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by fellowman: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
smoy:
trying to dodge this one again!!! carry on.

come to this thread and answer the questions I asked you?

https://www.nairaland.com/4219818/why-there-many-muslims-israel/9
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by ebenholer(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
Firdaus is just a devil incarnate. NBA has been existing before they gave birth to her and was not divided along religious line. You came in to bring in religousity in trying to portray to be religoius. True religion has actually gone beyong physical covering of head but went as far as covering ur mind and heart from immorality. I should be sure she is not as religious as she tries to portray
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by juman(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2017
She tried a lot. Pathing way for other muslim sisters. Thanks to her.

"And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful."
(Quran 3:104)
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by nonut: 4:48pm On Dec 17, 2017
Famodimudavid:
hey watch your mouth...and this is how you start issues on religion rivalry...I dont see anything bad about the Muslim sister's demand or agenda as the case my be.
You're blinded by religion and a lay man, so you won't see anything wrong with what she did.
She deliberately decided to cause chaos knowing fully that Nigeria is a secular state. If she wanted to wear the hijab that bad, why not attend a school in Saudi Arabia where its compulsory?

2 Likes

Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by smoy: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
fellowman:

come to this thread and answer the questions I asked you?

https://www.nairaland.com/4219818/why-there-many-muslims-israel/9
both trends can run simultaneously. now answer this one about slave above.
Re: Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony by eodavids(m): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

What do you mean let's not go there? This is why we will forever remain at the mercy of bullies and criminals. You get trampled upon like no man's business, and just because other people allow themselves to be so abused, nobody should scream bloody murder? C'mon man, we can do better!
Like Wole Soyinka once said, "the man dies in him who keeps silent in the face of tyranny". Don't be a dead (wo)man!

Ok, would you rather prefer the situation where each religious adherents passing through Law School make demands that suits his/her creeds even if such has the tendency to unsettle and bastardize the institution??

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / IGP Suspends Female Police Officers For Violation Of Social Media Policy / 6 Mistakes You Will Likely Make Between Age 20-30 AS A Young Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.