Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? (1232 Views)

Why Islam Is A Religion Of Peace / Why Is Islam Afraid Of Atheism (and Apostasy)? / Proper Child Upbringing In Islam; "The Procedures" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by jamesibor: 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2017
If Islam is the religion of PEACE, shouldn't Islamic extremists be EXTREMELY peaceful?

Just pondering

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by ProjectNaija(m): 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2017
Neither the founder of the religion nor the 'holy book' of the religion in question called it a religion of peace. The phrase 'religion of peace' is a modern day spin to deceive the rest of the world and deny their violent past and modern day jihadists.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by Danladi7: 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2017
lolz grin

Continue with your headache!
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by onward4life(m): 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2017
Peace of Mind to all

Happy sunday!
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by jamesibor: 1:52am On Dec 18, 2017
ProjectNaija:
Neither the founder of the religion nor the 'holy book' of the religion in question called it a religion of peace. The phrase 'religion of peace' is a modern day spin to deceive the rest of the world and deny their violent past and modern day jihadists.

The name of the religion translated to English means peace.
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by SalamRushdie: 3:35am On Dec 18, 2017
I have always maintained that

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by adeolakemi: 3:43am On Dec 18, 2017
I hate Islam with passion

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by ProjectNaija(m): 8:33am On Dec 18, 2017
jamesibor:

The name of the religion translated to English means peace.

That's another lie some muslims propagate to white wash their religion. Islam means 'to submit' in English. The Arabic word for peace is 'salaam'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by jamesibor: 11:50am On Dec 18, 2017
ProjectNaija:

That's another lie some muslims propagate to white wash their religion. Islam means 'to submit' in English. The Arabic word for peace is 'salaam'.

I never knew this.
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by jamesibor: 8:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
Bump
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by Fegelfire: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2017
It is a lie. It is the same "peace" the Roman historian Tacitus spoke of:

"They create a wasteland and call it peace"

A peace built on destruction, slaughter, domination and subjugation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by sorextee(m): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
No don't. Im a christian ND I don't hate other religion or those practising it (Islam/Muslims inclusive). Even though I come here to look for their trouble, all na just for cruise grin nothing personal.. There are still so many good ones out there. Maybe you've not encountered any. No matter how I bash dem, poke them, I can never say I hate them..
Peace..

adeolakemi:
I hate Islam with passion
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:21am On Dec 23, 2017
Most Christians are hypocrites. They claim Islam is evil and full of blood. The Bible recorded more killings in God's name but they close their eyes towards that. There are many evil stories too but you won't see them. keep cherry picking o.
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by ArewaFanatic(m): 4:52am On Dec 24, 2017
jamesibor:

I never knew this.

You better shouldn't know Brother James. It really is not true at all. Islam haters invented this about a century ago and have propagated it with vigour since then.

The best sources of information about Islam are Muslim Scholars. Why not seek out what they say? Fairness should be your yard stick.
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by ArewaFanatic(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2017
jamesibor:

I never knew this.

Muslim apologist Hamza Andreas explains the word 'Islam' thus:
"It is a word derived from another word 'as-salaam' (lit peace)............ Since Allah is the ultimate source of Salaam for any Muslim, Islam hence can be said to be the peaceful submission (Arabic. al-istislaam) to the will of Allah The Almighty
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
If Islam is not the religion of peace then Nigeria would have been long dead! Imagine each Muslim killing just one non-Muslim!
But no! We are peaceful and we go against all forms of terrorism, oppression and extremism!
Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by tintingz(m): 3:33pm On Feb 06, 2018
ProjectNaija:
Lol, more like a damage control. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Islam The Religion Of Peace? by tintingz(m): 3:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
Rashduct4luv:
If Islam is not the religion of peace then Nigeria would have been long dead! Imagine each Muslim killing just one non-Muslim!
But no! We are peaceful and we go against all forms of terrorism, oppression and extremism!
There are good muslims and bad Muslims but saying Islam is religion of peace is irony and Muslims delusion.

Go and read about Jainism, those are the definition of peaceful religion.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That The Congregational Taraweeh Prayer Is A Bidaa? / Critical Manual Explanation Of The Quran / TICA- The Islamic Current Affairs; How Well Did U Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.