Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,522 members, 7,816,279 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! (4584 Views)

Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges / APC Crisis: Northern Leaders Move To Cut Tinubu To Size / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 3:30am On Apr 02, 2010
If you have access to Hard Copy Nigerian Newspapers, then you definitely know "The Renaissance Professionals".
These guys have been at the forefront of the struggle against Sanusi's damaging and devastating actions against the Nigerian Economy.
Virtually everyday since sometime in September or October, they have engaged the public in highly intellectual discourse concerning Sanusi's actions.
They have successfully with the stroke of the pen, placed Sanusi between a rock and hard place, such that all his sinister agenda are practically impossible to execute.

Sanusi shivers antime he hears their name. They've given him sleepless nights. They've been so successful at exposing Sanusi's shallowness and the verdancy of his actions.

Below on the next post is an introduction of the events that led to the birth of The Renaissance Professionals
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 3:33am On Apr 02, 2010
HOW IT ALL STARTED

It started with a few ordinary men: well, a few ordinary men and a vision: A vision to make a difference; to say no to conscienceless abuse of power, to fight for a better nation simply by using what we all have: our voice.

Friday, August 14, 2009: A black Friday, a day of infamy.

But like every other day in history, we make life what it becomes. It was the day newly appointed Central Bank Governor Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi melodramatically announced to an unsuspecting country that he had taken over the management, and as we would learn later the ownership, of five banks – Afribank Plc; Finbank Plc; Intercontinental Bank, Plc; Oceanic Bank Plc; and Union Bank Plc.

Monday, August 17, 2009: The seeds are sown.

It started with a chance meeting by three Nigerians from various tribes, each a leader in his chosen career: business, investment, and banking.

We came away from that meeting convinced that “evil thrives where good men keep silent.” Whereas, we could keep quiet since none of us was directly affected by the CBN invasion, our two decades-old interactions with key players in the banking industry meant we were at home with the undercurrents of this vengeance-filled drama.

We knew the story started when Sanusi as First Bank MD was accused by Intercontinental’s Erastus Akingbola and Oceanic’s Cecilia Ibru of championing an obnoxious corporate de-marketing (unethical negative communication against competitors) against the two speedily growing banks. They were taking business from First Bank and changing the industry order.

The crux of the matter came when the Kano Prince was forced by his Board to go apologise to Mr. Akingbola. As it would happen, he had to wait for some minutes as Mr. Akingbola was in a meeting. Stuck to his aristocratic high horse, the Mallam felt doubly disgraced: the man should have broken his meeting to see him! He took his vengeance as soon as he was made CBN Governor, and what a vengeance he took irrespective of the debilitating consequences to our economy.

Unfortunately, in his angry haste to devastate his perceived enemies, he committed blunder after blunder, confessed to the truth one after the other, and above all unwittingly started this Peoples movement.

He would then go on to say that the worst was over. But, as Nigerians will come to know, this CBN Governor could not be taken at face value. A few months later, the Bull entered the China shop again.

Monday, October 2, 2009:
Having created turmoil in the industry with its negative effect on the economy, he would again shock all with the announcement he was taking over additional three banks! He would go on a blatant volte-face (forced on him by powers that be) by allowing one of them recapitalise and justify why he left out two others for reasons that were clearly less than logical and consistent!  The other paradigm-shifting brand, BankPHB was also targeted. It was clear the bile was that a core Northern Bank had been taken over by some Southerners during the Consolidation!

Unlike the distinguished and statesmanlike approach of the previous occupants of this exalted position who in line with Central Bank Governors the world over would speak less and act more for the benefit of the economy, this feudal lord who would later confess that the CBN Governorship is not what he wants – the Emir of Kano is – continually talked down on the Banking industry and the economy at large. He would further confess that he ‘created the crises’ for the Banks!

Today, from those humble beginnings, Renaissance Professionals continues to have daily membership requests cutting across the professions.

Our today defines our tomorrow.

There is now a website where you can follow all their articles:

http://renaissanceprofessionals.com/
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by darqly(m): 5:21am On Apr 02, 2010
I beg to disagree strongly on this one. The so-called renaissance pros are just involved in cheap blackmail and a public smear campaign against sanusi. Why did they keep mum until he started flushing charlatans out of the banking system vis a vis reforms? What is the source of the income, the huge war chest they are using to finance this obnoxious monologue? What do they hope to achieve or stand to gain- that the reforms be reversed?or Akingbola et al be reinstated to continue their come-chop banking? Or should he re-value their stock which had been obviously overpriced and are now a true reflection of their operations? There is nothing professional about their slapstick campaign so far in my opinion.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by jimmysho(m): 2:50pm On Apr 02, 2010
i agree with them 100%
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Jarus(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
Who still takes RP serious?
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
Why will I bother with a bunch of faceless so-called professionals?

Not a single one of them can even have courage to reveal himself.

Renaissance Professionals my arse, more like Calumniation Shitbag Professionals.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Jarus(m): 3:32pm On Apr 02, 2010
I personally don't take RP serious, and few banking top shots I discussed them with, don't too.

QUESTIONS FOR RP

With their criticism of every action taken by SLS, are they telling us that all actions taken so far are bad? Even top economists and bankers give him thumbs up for some of his actions. But to RP, anything SLS says or does is wrong

Why is it that their campaign started after the sack of the bankers, where were they pre-August 14, if they were not on the payroll of one or more sacked bank chiefs?

What is the source of their income, if not from the stolen billions of one or more of the sacked bank CEOs?

I have more questions for them here:
http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2159:questions-for-renaissance-professionals&catid=19:letters&Itemid=110
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Dominoifet(m): 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2010
@Jarus:I personally don't take RP serious, and few banking top shots I discussed them with, don't too.QUESTIONS FOR RPWith their criticism of every action taken by SLS, are they telling us that all actions taken so far are bad? Even top economists and bankers give him thumbs up for some of his actions. But to RP, anything SLS says or does is wrongWhy is it that their campaign started after the sack of the bankers, where were they pre-August 14, if they were not on the payroll of one or more sacked bank chiefs?What is the source of their income, if not from the stolen billions of one or more of the sacked bank CEOs?I have more questions for them

here:http://www.weekly.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2159:questions-for-renaissance-professionals&catid=19:letters&Itemid=110

Daily trust!!! I probably might not take them serioiusly too but alluding to daily trust amount to nullifying your credibility as well.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2010
^^^^
Thank you Dominoifet.

Jarus, for referencing Daily Trust, you just lost some of my respect. That's the most sectionally biased paper in the country.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 4:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

HOW IT ALL STARTED
We knew the story started when Sanusi as First Bank MD was accused by Intercontinental’s Erastus Akingbola and Oceanic’s Cecilia Ibru of championing an obnoxious corporate de-marketing (unethical negative communication against competitors) against the two speedily growing banks. They were taking business from First Bank and changing the industry order.
The crux of the matter came when the Kano Prince was forced by his Board to go apologise to Mr. Akingbola. As it would happen, he had to wait for some minutes as Mr. Akingbola was in a meeting. Stuck to his aristocratic high horse, the Mallam felt doubly disgraced: the man should have broken his meeting to see him! He took his vengeance as soon as he was made CBN Governor, and what a vengeance he took irrespective of the debilitating consequences to our economy.

What a revelation! I knew Sanusi had been wrong, so wrong on most of his actions, but now I can understand his primodal quest for personal revange. Who would have thought the personal ego of this man trumps our whole national banking and financial system. It now all makes sense to see why he personally went after Ibru ans Akingbola with all sorts of trumped up charges, non of which have been proved.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by nduchucks: 4:40pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

^^^^
Thank you Dominoifet.

Jarus, for referencing Daily Trust, you just lost some of my respect. That's the most sectionally biased paper in the country.

PapaBrowne, don't let your prejudices take the best out of you.  Jarus is the author of the said article published in Daily Trust.  You should have read the article and attempted to answer some of the questions posed therein. The above statement of yours is kind of disappointing.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 4:44pm On Apr 02, 2010
darqly:

I beg to disagree strongly on this one. The so-called renaissance pros are just involved in cheap blackmail and a public smear campaign against sanusi. Why did they keep mum until he started flushing charlatans out of the banking system vis a vis reforms? What is the source of the income, the huge war chest they are using to finance this obnoxious monologue? What do they hope to achieve or stand to gain- that the reforms be reversed?or Akingbola et al be reinstated to continue their come-chop banking? Or should he re-value their stock which had been obviously overpriced and are now a true reflection of their operations? There is nothing professional about their slapstick campaign so far in my opinion.

Time will tell that when compared to Bart Ebong, Akingbola and Ibru, Sanusi with his post graduate degree in Islamic studies would turn out to be the charlatan in our banking system.

If you wonder the source of income for this group, then you totally underestimate the "hurt" inflicted on people by Sanusi. I lost millions of naira to his crazy quest for personal agenda, so it would be no big deal to spend a few more thousands in support of any group that seeks to make him accountable for his actions.
I can't wait to donate money to this RP group, hopefully they take Visa/Mastercard grin
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by chosen04(f): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2010
Jarus

Is too PRO-SANUSI that all decisions by him must be right as far as he is concerned.Its called Heroic Worship.

No protege finds the actions of his "hero" wrong.

Am not saying that SANUSI is wrong but even if he is, I bet JARUS will be too blind to see it.!!!

As far as Sanusi is concerend, he reminds me of the character "Boxer" in the book Animal farm
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 5:24pm On Apr 02, 2010
ndu_chucks:

PapaBrowne, don't let your prejudices take the best out of you. Jarus is the author of the said article published in Daily Trust. You should have read the article and attempted to answer some of the questions posed therein. The above statement of yours is kind of disappointing.

I beg what difference does it make? A biased writer, writting in a biased national daily.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by nduchucks: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijaking1:

I beg what difference does it make? A biased writer, writting in a biased national daily.

According to your definition, an author whose view does not jive with yours, is biased. You can do better than that.

You owe it to yourself to at least, blame the CEOs of the banks where you lost money for their irresponsibilities. I understand why you are angry with Sanusi, but I fail to see why it is difficult for you to also admit that the sacked CEOs erred in their responsibilities and are partially responsible for your losses.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Sagamite(m): 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijaking1:

The overarching and MOST relevant question is: "Was it a biased article?"

When morons (like the Renaissance Calumniation Professionals) spew their conjectural, illogical, fact-deficit rubbish, a few questions from the simpliest analysis normally destroy the foundations of their arguments. I do it (i.e. ask such questions) all the time on NL.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 5:58pm On Apr 02, 2010
ndu_chucks:

According to your definition, an author whose view does not jive with yours, is biased. You can do better than that.

You owe it to yourself to at least, blame the CEOs of the banks where you lost money for their irresponsibilities. I understand why you are angry with Sanusi, but I fail to see why it is difficult for you to also admit that the sacked CEOs erred in their responsibilities and are partially responsible for your losses.

You're the one who raised the issue of Jarus writting in Daily Trust, as if to say that it makes either neutral contributors to the debate.

CEOs, CEOS, CEOs, I wonder why you have refused to see that some of these people had personal 'run-ins' with Sanusi when he was at First bank, and that Sanusi actually had a motive, though very personal and petty when compared to our national financial system, that underlined his much publisized hunt for the "corrupt" CEOs.

If you don't see this connection, then look in the mirrow for the person who is blindly biased against facts.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by biina: 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Unfortunately, in his angry haste to devastate his perceived enemies, he committed blunder after blunder, confessed to the truth one after the other, and above all unwittingly started this Peoples movement.
Nice concoction.  undecided

The statement lacks credibility.
1. Who are the 'we' that knew?
2. Where is the evidence that the FBN board 'forced' Sanusi to apologize to Akingbola?
3. Where and when did the 'waiting for Akingbola' happen?
4. Who did sanusi confide in (or any other evidence) that he felt 'doubly disgraced'?
5.  Who were the witnesses of these events?

Its interesting that only RP seem to be aware of this. How did they come about the info? From a possible 'eye witness' e.g, Akingbola? undecided

RP are like a secret cult and are only out to protect their selfish interests. If there intentions are honest, they would not be faceless.

naijaking1:

Time will tell that when compared to Bart Ebong, Akingbola and Ibru, Sanusi with his post graduate degree in Islamic studies would turn out to be the charlatan in our banking system.

If you wonder the source of income for this group, then you totally underestimate the "hurt" inflicted on people by Sanusi. I lost millions of naira to his crazy quest for personal agenda, so it would be no big deal to spend a few more thousands in support of any group that seeks to make him accountable for his actions.
I can't wait to donate money to this RP group, hopefully they take Visa/Mastercard grin
If true, then we can say that your anti-sanusi position is simply borne out of selfish interests because you wrongfully blame him (and not the executives that mismanaged  the banks) for the loss of your money.

Okuko na-arogoro ite onu, chetekwe mma gburu ya. (The chicken frowns at the cooking pot, ignoring the knife that killed it)
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2010
All economic statistics and macro-economic indices have retrogressed since Sanusi took office, yet the defence of his supporters is that for his action the results would have been worse of than that.

With a standard of measure like that even a Mechanic can run the CBN. If you fail you simply make up an immaginary worst catastrophe and claim that is what you just averted.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 6:10pm On Apr 02, 2010
biina:

RP are like a secret cult and are only out to protect their selfish interests. If there intentions are honest, they would not be faceless.
If true, then we can say that your anti-sanusi position is simply borne out of selfish interests because you wrongfully blame him (and not the executives that mismanaged the banks) for the loss of your money.

Okuko na-arogoro ite onu, chetekwe mma gburu ya. (The chicken frowns at the cooking pot, ignoring the knife that killed it)

There is no confession that I "speak my wallet" just like many people do. If Sanusi is not stopped, many more bad things will happen to us personally and nationally at the financial level.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Sagamite(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijaking1:

You're the one who raised the issue of Jarus writting in Daily Trust, as if to say that it makes either neutral contributors to the debate.

CEOs, CEOS, CEOs, I wonder why you have refused to see that some of these people had personal 'run-ins' with Sanusi when he was at First bank, and that Sanusi actually had a motive, though very personal and petty when compared to our national financial system, that underlined his much publisized hunt for the "corrupt" CEOs.

If you don't see this connection, then look in the mirrow for the person who is blindly biased against facts.

If you feel this is a vendetta and the evidence of corruption are false, then definitely you must be confident that they would be found innocent in court?

Sanusi must have manufactured the figures that led to them going cap in hand to the CBN week in week out to beg for funds to continue operations, whilst they personally have multi-billion naira projects and assets across Nigeria and the world. Surely those billions came from their salaries, not a congregation of millions of people like you?
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2010
darqly:

I beg to disagree strongly on this one. [b]The so-called renaissance pros are just involved in cheap blackmail and a public smear campaign against sanusi. [/b]Why did they keep mum until he started flushing charlatans out of the banking system vis a vis reforms? What is the source of the income, the huge war chest they are using to finance this obnoxious monologue? What do they hope to achieve or stand to gain- that the reforms be reversed?or Akingbola et al be reinstated to continue their come-chop banking? Or should he re-value their stock which had been obviously overpriced and are now a true reflection of their operations? There is nothing professional about their slapstick campaign so far in my opinion.

Sanusi himself knows that this is more than just "cheap blackmail and public smear campaign".
Initially he tried to take a high ground by ignoring the well crafted and highly intelligent posers, then the heat got too much and he had to respond.
Sanusi's responses to the Renaissance Professionals have been so weak that they expose his limitations on issues bordering on finance and economics.

If you read the article, you wouldn't ask why they kept mum. The article says the group was formed on a chance meeting by three professionals just immediately after Sanusi executed the first of his mean and evil plans.
The huge war chest?? Anybody (and we are multitude) that felt pained by Sanusi's actions would be willing to give support, both moral and financial to the Renaissance Professionals. So I wonder why the huge war chest is a surprise to you.

The good news sha is that today, Sanusi is cold and lonely in his ill and wicked actions against the Nigerian economy.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Sagamite(m): 6:20pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Sanusi himself knows that this is more than just "cheap blackmail and public smear campaign".
Initially he tried to take a high ground by ignoring the well crafted and highly intelligent posers, then the heat got too much and he had to respond.
Sanusi's responses to the Renaissance Professionals have been so weak that they expose his limitations on issues bordering on finance and economics.

You would command more respect if you quote whatever Sanusi said and prove with logical and high intellectual points of why you think it is weak. Don't just make a statement that it is weak.

PapaBrowne:

If you read the article, you wouldn't ask why they kept mum. The article says the group was formed on a chance meeting by three professionals just immediately after Sanusi executed the first of his mean and evil plans.
The huge war chest?? Anybody (and we are multitude) that felt pained by Sanusi's actions would be willing to give support, both moral and financial to the Renaissance Professionals. So I wonder why the huge war chest is a surprise to you.

The good news sha is that today, Sanusi is cold and lonely in his ill and wicked actions against the Nigerian economy.

So you believe whatever you read based on what the author says? Especially a faceless one? They said that is how they met, and you chopped it based on that statement alone?
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:24pm On Apr 02, 2010
ndu_chucks:

PapaBrowne, don't let your prejudices take the best out of you.  Jarus is the author of the said article published in Daily Trust.  You should have read the article and attempted to answer some of the questions posed therein. The above statement of yours is kind of disappointing.

My bad for not reading the article b4 commenting. I've now read it and I came off with even lesser respect for the Honorable Jarus.
Oh please! That article tried to defend Bukola Saraki's relationship with Lai Alabi?? How about the billions of naira in loan waivers Alabi gave Saraki's company?
Interesting thing is  Jarus is from Kwara state and the most likely reason he choose to defend both Saraki and Lai Alabi is the simple reason that they are from his part of the country.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sagamite:

You would command more respect if you quote whatever Sanusi said and prove with logical and high intellectual points of why you think it is weak. Don't just make a state that it is weak.

So you believe whatever you read based on what the author says? Especially a faceless one? They said that is how they met, and you chopped it based on that statement alone?

No. Not just based on what the author says, but based on what is known by many. Remember, they "The Renaissance Professionals" may be faceless to some, but to others they have a face.

As regards, Sanusi's responses I'll paste some quotes so you can see many of his numerous intellectual short comings and weaknesses.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Sagamite(m): 6:46pm On Apr 02, 2010
PapaBrowne:

No. Not just based on what the author says, but based on what is known by many. Remember, they "The Renaissance Professionals" may be faceless to some, but to others they have a face.

As regards, Sanusi's responses I'll paste some quotes so you can see many of his numerous intellectual short comings and weaknesses.

Who are many?

Are you saying you know who the RP poeple are?
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 02, 2010
these renegade pros should go to sleep.they are defending corruption, why should i trust them. nonsense!
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:59pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sagamite:

Who are many?

Are you saying you know who the RP poeple are?
We are many that were pained by his actions. That doesn't say I know the Renaissance Professionals, at least for the sake of your argument.

Naijaking explained hereon also that he was hurt and wouldn't mind supporting the RP. That tells you we are many. There are many other anti Sanusi folks here. So yes, we are many.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
It is the patriotic duty of every Nigerian to support the RP or any group that seeks to criticie and challange Sanusi on his so-called reforms.
That's what democracy is all about: challenge, debate, and asses.
I can't wait donate money and goodwill to the RP group, because to lay silently while the bull damages the ban would be a sin.
Sanuis talks like a dictator, challanging him every step of the way will force him to walk like a democrat.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 7:23pm On Apr 02, 2010
Sagamite:

You would command more respect if you quote whatever Sanusi said and prove with logical and high intellectual points of why you think it is weak. Don't just make a state that it is weak.

Sagamite,
Sanusi's ignored the posers raised by the RP for so long. Then Jonathan was made acting president then he knew that the game had changed.
Jonathan had their ears. TY Danjuma has their eyes. So Sanusi had no choice but to start responding.

His first response was to start a faceless replica group called Vision 4 a greater Nigeria.  Their duty is to act RP style by taking pages in the media to promote Sanusi's actions. Their arguments have been bereft of any form of intellect and when placed side by side the RP's you they look like high school leavers.
Another response which was a maximum blunder was the Financial Times article the CBN referenced in an over ten page advert where they stated that  as proof that Sanusi always had his cut and nail 4 point agenda from the onset.

Below is his response to a question posed to him by the Guardian in relation to the RP.

G: Are you saying that the Renaissance professionals are the same CEOs you
sacked?

SLS: I know the person that started it. I know about the N300 million that was the
seed capital. I know the person who went to Ghana and was collecting the money. I
know that there is a journalist who is a senior member of the Guild of Editors, who
started writing the adverts. We know the advisers that they have among capital
market researchers.
I will not claim to know everybody that is funding them, but we know the people who
set them up and we know the modus of their operation. But it is immaterial because
it is to be expected.
G: You don't seem to be responding adequately to some of the issues the
group has raised?

SLS: This is a response. I have said it before. Look at the issue of Atuche's property.
Has the Central Bank ever said anything on Atuche's property? EFCC is investigating.
We just removed everyday.
Even his lawyers published that there was campaign of calumny by the Central Bank
and the EFCC. The issue was that we removed him and we have our reasons for
doing that. If he goes to court, we will bring our reasons for removing him.
G: But you were once quoted as saying that you would send the EFCC after
some of these CEO's,

SLS: When we removed the MDs, we removed them for putting their banks in grave
situation, and we had the right to do that.
Now, whether there was a criminal activity or not is a different matter. If in the
course of those examination or even after we take over the investigation, we find
that there was a fundamental breach of trust and criminal activity, we will hand that
over to the appropriate authorities and tell them that this is what we have seen;
come and investigate.
They send their detectives; they investigate, prepare their charges and arraign them
in court. We have told EFCC; we are not the judiciary. But we have the responsibility
to report criminal activity to the authorities. But that has nothing to do with the
EFCC's investigative work. Where they find some assets that belong to people and
freeze those assets - that is part of EFCC work.
I'm not saying that the CBN should dissociate itself from EFCC. But it's very
interesting that nobody will ask where the CBN has said something about assets
belonging to some people.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by PapaBrowne(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2010
naijaking1:

It is the patriotic duty of every Nigerian to support the RP or any group that seeks to criticie and challange Sanusi on his so-called reforms.
That's what democracy is all about: challenge, debate, and asses.
I can't wait donate money and goodwill to the RP group, because to lay silently while the bull damages the ban would be a sin.
Sanuis talks like a dictator, challanging him every step of the way will force him to walk like a democrat.

Exactly!! Every Nigerian does have a duty to support them. They have saved us from the actions of a man whose actions if allowed to continue would have caused Nigerians undue hardship for years upon years to come.
My admiration is for their consistency, their intellectual approach and their high impact punches!! Excellent guys. They make me proud.
Re: Meet "the Renaissance Professionals" - They Have Cut Sanusi To Size! by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
"We have told EFCC; we are not the judiciary"-papabrowne

So, Sanusi knows that it's wrong to carry on as the accusser, the prosecutor, and the judge
How times have changed, no more condenming accused CEOs to be killed by firing squad, even before investigating them?

What a new day shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Naira May Not Be Easily Counterfeited – Cbn ! / Riot Ongoin In Imo State / What You Never Knew About Femi Fani Kayode(ffk); This Will Shock U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.