Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges (7970 Views)

TSA: Court Orders Seizure Of $793.2m Hidden In Banks (Names of banks) / 2019: Presidency Moves To Cut Tinubu To Size (PICTURE) / Court Orders Sheriff To Immediately Vacate Party’s National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 05, 2016
Angered by President Muhammadu Buhari’s disdain for court orders, some concerned judges have vowed to defend the independence of the judiciary by always looking at the letters of the law, ahead of the president’s famous body language and emotions in discharging their duties.

During last Wednesday’s  President Buhari’s maiden media chat, he dismissed concerns of the penchant of security agencies under him to flagrantly violate valid court orders, especially as it relates to the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki and the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu.

The president’s aloofness as it concerns the growing disobedience to court orders has ruffled some feathers especially senior lawyers who have raised the alarm that it is a sure way to anarchy.

A very close source in the judiciary confided in Teamreporters that the judges across the three echelons of the judiciary; high court, appeal court and Supreme Court are feeling ill at ease with the president and therefore have vowed to give their all to maintain the sanctity of the judiciary.

The source said, the vociferous opposition from the Nigerian Bar Association, NBA and other senior lawyers against President Buhari  was just the vent through which the bench is ventilating its frustrations with the president.

“I can tell you that the famed body language of the president won’t sway these judges. They have vowed to continue to follow the letters of the law, grant bail where the law says so, without let or hindrance, without even considering the sentiments and effusive emotions of the president on any matter.

“The judges are really seething with anger and you can see how easy it was for a federal high court judge in Abuja to do the Pontius Pilate in the case of Nnamdi Kanu; wash off his hands. That is just the sign of how frustrated these judges are. The other time, Justice Kolawole berated the security agencies and gave them strict orders never to re-arrest the AIT man on any frivolous charges.

“I can tell you that it may get to a point where judges will one after the other excuse themselves from corruption cases, because their thinking is that the president is inciting Nigerians against them. And they are no longer comfortable with it,” the source disclosed.

The president has faced growing discontentment and has come under vitriolic attacks owing to his justification for disobedience to rule of law. A US based lawyer has even petitioned the UN and the US president over the issue and has even gathered up to 1000 online signatures to force the president to resign if he continues to flout court orders.

http://.com/2016/01/05/court-orders-we-will-cut-buhari-to-size-judges/

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by wachakuta(m): 11:40am On Jan 05, 2016
Baba Just know dat I voted u into power so dat u can be dictatorial... Pls start d death sentence with dis useless Judges... we r behind u... No shaking

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by opiaoku: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2016
grin bastard burukutu sipping monkey bullharry

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by BOWOTO(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2016
Why is 2016 just full of drama?
Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by multikolour(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2016
nothing will happen and nothing you can do, he will probe you and prosecute you in line with our laws, then sanity will be restored to our judiciary.

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:53am On Jan 05, 2016
No be only mezietimes.com grin grin Na kanutimes.com grin grin

Ndi ara!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:55am On Jan 05, 2016
But that should be after we must have Cut Nnamdi Kanu to pieces... cheesy grin grin

Chukwuabiama.com

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Demdem(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
No be only mezietimes.com grin grin Na kanutimes.com grin grin

Ndi ara!

grin grin grin

U dey mind them fools.

10 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by APCsupporter: 11:57am On Jan 05, 2016
Courts are only meant for the poor. James ibori's case is a typical example.

Buhari, don't listen to the useless judges. Give them 2 bags of rice and 3 tubers of yam and you will become innocent

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Samunique(m): 12:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
I'm not surprised !

Nigerians should expect more of dictatorial actions from our analog president, and noting anybody can to about it.

Afterall we were warned !!!

It has not even begun, yet people are complaining, we better chill and enjoy the change while it lasts.

Medicine after death !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Mutuwa(m): 12:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
wachakuta:
Baba Just know dat I voted u into power so dat u can be dictatorial... Pls start d death sentence with dis useless Judges... we r behind u... No shaking

they know he might actually come after them,so they won show say them still sabi work.
under other regimes were they actually independent?

4 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by maximunimpact(m): 12:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
how d'hell are they gonna do that

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Super1Star: 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Na lie.

I will only believe the coc.k and bull story when I read it in a major print or online media.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by TimeManager(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2016
Those with Buhari are greater than those against him. Not even puppet judges can stop a CHANGE whose time has come. #fireonbuhari

The truth has spoken!

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by ishiamu(m): 12:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
But that should be after we must have Cut Nnamdi Kanu to pieces... cheesy grin grin

Chukwuabiama.com

Let's see how it goes

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2016
NO JUDGE WILL EVER SAY SUCHTHING. THESE BLOGGERS AND MEDIA HOUSES ARE JUST COOKING UP BUNKUMS.

AND AS AN ASIDE, HOW CAN A JUDICIAL OFFICER BE INDEPENDENT WHEN HE IS APPOINTED BY SOMEONE

WE DEY DECEIVE OURSELVES...

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 05, 2016
Samunique:
I'm not surprised !

Nigerians should expect more of dictatorial actions from our analog president, and noting anybody can to about it.

Afterall we were warned !!!

It has not even begun, yet people are complaining, we better chill and enjoy the change while it lasts.

Medicine after death !!!

And you think this makes you sound sensible

Sorry sir, the reverse is the case.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by oyinkinola: 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
......the nation would cut you into pieces......the advocates of criminals and looters! the criminals know they can dulge with julges, that's while they take the nation for nonsence!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by wiseoneking: 12:53pm On Jan 05, 2016
wachakuta:
You are one of the People who wants fall of your pmb.YOU ARE BUHARI KILLER Ignorantly.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by wachakuta(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
wiseoneking:
You are one of the People who wants fall of your pmb.YOU ARE BUHARI KILLER Ignorantly.
And u r one of d people hu contributed to d downfall of GEJ..

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:55pm On Jan 05, 2016
Fake news from a fake blog!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by PassingShot(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
“I can tell you that it may get to a point where judges will one after the other excuse themselves from corruption cases, because their thinking is that the president is inciting Nigerians against them. And they are no longer comfortable with it,” the source disclosed.

Let corrupt judges all wash their hands from corruption cases. It will accelerate replcing them with better ones.

Ndi Ara judges!

6 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by amaechi1: 12:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
I will take this story serious if one of the said judges can up or grant interview to any media house of his choice and agree to take responsibility of his actions.

Please, I am not a lawyer, are there any prohibition that one cannot be charge with another case even if he has been granted bail in previous alleged crime?

The judiciary brought whatever they are seeing upon themselves. They should remember, when they granted someone perpetual injunctions.

Dey no get liver!

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Adeola1122: 1:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Judiciary sector is approximately 85% of Nigeria problem, they tend to disrupt the peace of Nigerians with non-god fearing judgements, but one thing I know is that truth will prevail one day, if not rubbish, granting Dasuki or pasuma a bail, what if their daughters and sons are among IDP, that will not be possible but let's wait and see, God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by princemillla(m): 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
Adeola1122:
Judiciary sector is approximately 85% of Nigeria problem, they tend to disrupt the peace of Nigerians with non-god fearing judgements, but one thing I know is that truth will prevail one day, if not rubbish, granting Dasuki or pasuma a bail, what if their daughters and sons are among IDP, that will not be possible but let's wait and see, God bless Nigeria.

Sorry o, is pasuma among the alleged persons..?

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Austin4lif: 1:45pm On Jan 05, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

Chukwuabiama.com
u living the life of the internet. Soon u will also type my own success story on the internet. Don't go and hustle, keep on discussing abt people.
Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by sammyj: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2016
As if they themselves has cut themselves and their corrupt cohorts into size !!! angry

1 Like

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by spinola: 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
5% Off The Mercury 2.4kva Complete Inverter System- Nairaland Coupon Code:72714

mercurydirect.com.ng

Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by baralatie(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
OK.......
I am here to read comments
Re: Court Orders: We Will Cut Buhari To Size – Judges by Samunique(m): 2:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Freemanan:

And you think this makes you sound sensible
Sorry sir, the reverse is the case.
As in ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Yoruba Muslims Shiite Or Sunni? / Nnamdi Kanu Asks Form. Senate Pres David Mark To Tell The World His Middle Name / Governor Okowa Praises His Wife On Their 35th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.