Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know (23293 Views)

Falcon Supernova iPhone 6 Pink Diamond: The Most Expensive Cell Phone In World / How Much Of A Yearly Salary One Needs To Spend To Afford An iPhone-14-Pro 128GB / Smartphone Etiquette Tips: The Dos And Don'ts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by information1: 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2017
There is some question on where and when a good time to use your cell phone is and when it’s not appropriate.

Here are some things to remember as suggested by business and etiquette professionals.

1. Never take a personal mobile call during a business meeting. This includes interviews and meetings with co-workers or subordinates.

2. Maintain at least a 10-foot zone from anyone while talking.

3. Never talk in elevators, libraries, museums, restaurants, cemeteries, theaters, dentist or doctor waiting rooms, places of worship, auditoriums or other enclosed public spaces, such as hospital emergency rooms or buses.

And don’t have any emotional conversations in public – ever. People don’t need to know your business and they don’t care to know if you are having an argument with your boyfriend.

4. Don’t use loud and annoying ring tones that destroy concentration and eardrums.

5. Never “multi-task” by making calls while shopping, banking, and waiting in line on conducting other personal business.

6. Keep all cellular congress brief and to the point.

7. Use an earpiece in high-traffic or noisy locations. That lets you hear the amplification, or how loud you sound at the other end, so you can modulate your voice.

8. Tell callers when you’re talking on a mobile, so they can anticipate distractions or disconnections.

9. Demand “quiet zones” and “phone-free areas” at work and in public venues, like the quiet cars on the Amtrak Metroliner.

10. Inform everyone in your mobile address book that you’ve just adopted the new rules for mobile manners. Ask them to do likewise.

Remembering to be courteous of those around you when you are on the phone is a good place to start.

When talking on the phone in public leave your personal information out of the conversation and keep your conversations for necessity purposes only.

https://talkgeria.com/cell-phone-etiquette-tips-everyone-needs-know/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Adebowhales(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
Dem teash me for school na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by MhizzAJ(f): 11:57pm On Dec 17, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by labanj1(m): 11:59pm On Dec 17, 2017
Lovely
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by stevezuks: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2017
A Yoruba man will carry this your Yeye tips and use it to clean his behind.

Tips kor Nipple ni sad

5 Likes

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by joystickextend1(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Okay..

Meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toys
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2017
and dont forget to add

Dont say you are in Canada while you are at iya Bilikisu's bread and beans canteen writing your name in her debtors book

13 Likes

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by designVATExcel: 10:21am On Dec 18, 2017
Nice write up OP, I do all kinda but no. 10.

It wouldn't work for most Nigerians sha, we are used to screaming on the phone.
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Kekx(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2017
There should be a different and another suggestion by business and etiquette professionals concerning those that uses torchlight banded with much rubber bands.
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by mrphysics(m): 10:22am On Dec 18, 2017
These ones are not for Nigerians. We all do the opposite and nothing dey happen

2 Likes

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by freeman95(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2017
So na u go teach us how to talk like this ehn?

1 Like

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Kingdolo(m): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2017
cheesy
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
Don't fiddle with your phone while walking on the road...Some will even be smiling sef.

Don't be pressing your phone while talking to people, especially elderly people.

Don't chat while in the toilet.

undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by bunchyproject(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
Story for the gods....
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Drsmith01(m): 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
So you expect me to buy a mobile phone of 75k and then someone will be telling me how to use it?

6 Likes

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by wildchild1: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2017
Ok
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by bentlywills(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2017
Mm
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Endtimesmith(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2017
Food for phone thought...Thanks
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by fasmukol: 10:26am On Dec 18, 2017
ah ah! @O.P where else do you expect me to talk. Even at home my wife will tell me bedroom is for resting we should not receive call and when I was small my mummy always tell me dinning table is for eating alone not for conversation. Wetin u wan make person do now?
Anybody wey wan buy phone oo, because these rules are too much

1 Like

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by tosyne2much(m): 10:31am On Dec 18, 2017
Nice one
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by baysol: 10:32am On Dec 18, 2017
stevezuks:

Tips kor Nipple ni sad

Your madness have no solution. Its from the Nnewi home village of your war lord that is why they throw you to Lagos the grave of potopoto people where they meet with their nemesis.
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Probz(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2017
I hate stupid posts like this.

1 Like

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Manlikepapply: 10:34am On Dec 18, 2017
I can fight you for the toilet own oo.... the toilet is the best place for the phone �

emusmithy:
Don't fiddle with your phone while walking on the road...Some will even be smiling sef.

Don't be pressing your phone while talking to people, especially elderly people.

undecided
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Manlikepapply: 10:35am On Dec 18, 2017
Don't press you phone in the toilet ���
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by AnodaIT(m): 10:36am On Dec 18, 2017
Don't call me and ask me, do you know who is calling?

Don't give me 10 missed calls, if I don't answer after two rings, drop a text
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Lanretoye(m): 10:37am On Dec 18, 2017
even the op can't abide by the no. 3.
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by thickminaj(f): 10:38am On Dec 18, 2017
Nice.... Although there's nothing here I've nt read sumwhere before... Anyway kudos Op
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2017
stevezuks:

Tips kor Nipple ni sad

Oya take

5 Likes

Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Nightking04(m): 10:40am On Dec 18, 2017
Hide your phone when you are close to a SARS check-point
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Radiant1020(f): 10:58am On Dec 18, 2017
Let's kukuma not be using phone
Re: 10 Cell Phone Etiquette Tips Everyone Needs To Know by Tobium1(m): 11:04am On Dec 18, 2017
emusmithy:

undecided

You can't stop bayo my roommate from using his phone in the toilet, to make things worse, it's a public hostel toilet

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Make Your Iphone Friends Jealous Of Your Android / Microsoft To Dump Nokia And Windows Phone Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.