Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,033 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA (1274 Views)

Insecurity: Statement By Rev. Stephen Baba Panya, ECWA President / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters / Gunmen ECWA Church In Kaduna, One Killed, Others Abducted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by wisest10: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2017
The church challenged the federal and
state-owned institutions in the North to
publicly publish the list of those
offered admissions, as it stated that
complaints had been made by
Christians
- ECWA further lamented over the
violent antics of Fulani herdsmen and
also took the federal government to
task over the Boko Haram menace
The Evangelical Church Winning All
(ECWA) has alleged that Christians are
being denied admissions to study
professional courses, by Northern
universities, Punch reports.
The allegation was made in a
communiqué signed by ECWA’s
President, Dr. Jeremiah Gado, and its
General Secretary, Rev. Yunusa Nmadu,
after its five-day Pastors International
Conference which took place at Bingham
University, Nasarawa state.
READ ALSO: Shake-up hits Police Force
as 4 states get new CP’s
NAIJ.com gathers that the church also
alleged that Northern universities and
state governments also deny employment
to Christian applicants.
Is also lamented over the violent antics
of Fulani herdsmen, and took the federal
government to task over its claim that
the terrorist sect, Boko Haram, had been
technically defeated.
The statement read: “We have noticed
with great dismay, the negative
happenings in our country, especially the
northern part of this country.
“It is the issue of admission into
universities and other tertiary institutions,
whereby qualified candidates are refused
entry on the basis of their faith especially
into professional courses.
“This does not augur well for national
unity nor does it promote the tenet of
equity and fairness. Many Christians have
complained, and we see this happening in
many universities and other tertiary
institutions of the North.
“We challenge the federal and state-
owned institutions to publicly publish the
list of those offered admissions.
“Closely related to this is the issue of
employment, where again, many qualified
persons are denied employment on the
basis of their faith.
“As a denomination, we condemn these
practices and call on the federal
government to check these happenings as
they constitute a grave threat to the unity
of our dear country."
It continued: “The recent call for the
restructuring of our nation ‘Nigeria’ is a
noble one. As an indigenous church, we
are aware of the injustices that have
created dissatisfaction among the
Nigerian people.
“We believe that the only way to maintain
our corporate identity as one indivisible
nation, is to restructure and promote
equity and the enforcement of the rule of
law.
“This restructuring might not necessarily
be done in the way that people are
suggesting; but we need a restructuring
that is based on the foundation of equity
and honesty, where everyone is treated
equally.
“We need to return to the ideals of our
founding fathers so as to keep the nation
moving.”
It added: “The Fulani herdsmen emerged
from nowhere and continue to unleash
mayhem on innocent citizens in the
central and other parts of this country.
“The silence of government in this regard
leaves so much to be desired. It seems
approval has been given by the
government. If not, why has there not
been any conviction in a court of law?
“The federal and state governments should
be proactive and be up to their game of
protecting lives and properties.
“A renowned Islamic leader, speaking on
the Numan killings in Adamawa State,
opined that the killings of the Fulani must
be handled properly or else the worst
could happen.
“As a denomination, we want to support
the clamour for ranching rather than
open grazing, so as to reduce the constant
clashes between the farmers and
herdsmen.”
On the Boko Haram issue, ECWA stated:
“The government had informed the
populace that it had curtailed the
activities of this terrorist group.
“But it appears it has not been able to do
so as the terrorist group continues to
unleash their mayhem on innocent
citizens in the north-eastern part of
Nigeria.”
PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app
for Android, read best news on Nigeria’s
#1 news app
Meanwhile, NAIJ.com previously
reported that some leaders in the
northern part of Nigeria were accused by
the president of the Evangelical Church
Winning All, Rev. Jeremiah Gado, of
hiding under Sharia law to discriminate
against Christians in the region, as well
as denying them access to government
services.
According to the clergyman, the level of
persecution of Christians in Northern
Nigeria was second to none in Africa.
He stressed that the lives of Christian
leaders in the North were constantly
under threat while some Northern ruling
elite “hide under Sharia law to
discriminate against Christians.”
source. https://www.naija.ng/1141219-northern-universities-govts-denying-christians-admissions-jobs-ecwa.html
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by whonamehelp(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2017
after reading, i don kuku conclude say your village people don take your destiny play bet9ja
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Cyynthialove(f): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2017
The problem with head slammers is that, in environment where they are majority, they can never give Christians a breathing space, but once they are minority, you will see them always struggling for their right, they can even go beyond their boundary fighting for what they can never give others if they are in such position.

This is how headslammers operate.....

Their method is that, at ist stage they will claim to be tolerant and liberal if they they don't have enough number to fight. Second stage, once they find out that their population has increased(You know they marry more than one wife, expect more children) and surpassed that of Christians, they will start unveiling their real colour by imposing a Shari law on Christians.
Third stage, implementation of sharia law... and you know what that means.
The worst is that some Christians can't read the hand writing on the wall when a disease is preventable because they are busy forming tolerance while headslammers are spreading their wings. But once these christian start becoming victims of their carelessness, they will start crying like babies .. We should all go and read about Turkey, a Christian country how it became a Muslim country today.
But no matter how headslammers struggle, they can never rule tule this world

Here in SW, we know how we slug it out with Yoruba muslins.
We can never relax and buy that deceptive Idea ",Yoruba is Yoruba". because we know the truth.
Yoruba Christians are wiser, its no more business as usual.

resurgentxian4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by jumper524(m): 11:21am On Dec 18, 2017
all those heading Christian organisation are nothing but hypocrites.
nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by pedrilo: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2017
this is very true.
i have a friend who was given admission in gombe, the sch refused to give christians access to hostel accommodation, they said its strictly reserved for muslims.

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by usba: 11:36am On Dec 18, 2017
Oga lienus has started again, how else can you rally the sheeple than to create persecution complex.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by usba: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2017
pedrilo:
this is very true.
i have a friend who was given admission in gombe, the sch refused to give christians access to hostel accommodation, they said its strictly reserved for muslims.

He was given admission.... In other words the clergy just lied
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by pedrilo: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2017
usba:

read the entire story b4 commenting pls. the percentage/ratio is the main issue
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 11:59am On Dec 18, 2017
Useless people and useless allegation.

They won't tell you how many Muslims they give admission in their schools.

They always come up with faceless allegations. Name schools and locations...or shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
jumper524:
all those heading Christian organisation are nothing but hypocrites.
nonsense.
hypocrisy is in their blood. They tell you they're people of love, but houses more hate in their hearts than Satan does.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by mabea: 12:35pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
hypocrisy is in their blood. They tell you they're people of love, but houses more hate in their hearts than Satan does.
I see, wailing is a right for muslims only.

Meanwhile a friend from maiduguri( the southern part) once told me that it is hard for a christian to secure jobs from the government which is controlled by the muslims from the northern part.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by SalamRushdie: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
What do you expect from a man who rode to power on lies and expects to be relected on the altar of division, tribalism , sectarianism, bigotry and hate instead of merit .

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2017
mabea:
I see, wailing is a right for muslims only.

Meanwhile a friend from maiduguri( the southern part) once told me that it is hard for a christian to secure jobs from the government which is controlled by the muslims from the northern part.
and you didn't ask him if the entire civil service of borno state is entirely Muslim dominated. Ask his if there are Christian commissioners .

If he's suffering from tribalism from kanuri who are in the majority, it's understandable cos kanuri people, like the jews, are more tribalistic in nature.

The bura in areas like biu would tell you what they go through, too.

Your friend is telling the half truth.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by bloodmoneyspita: 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
Useless people and useless allegation.

They won't tell you how many Muslims they give admission in their schools.

They always come up with faceless allegations. Name schools and locations...or shut up.

have you applied and did not get admission in the south?
who even have time to be checking if this one is Muslim or Christian sef except northern University.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Blakjewelry(m): 12:53pm On Dec 18, 2017
Not surprised
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by missyQween(f): 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
So,How come I have Christian as roommat, Coursemate if they are not offered admission
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by jumper524(m): 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2017
missyQween:
So,How come I have Christian as roommat, Coursemate if they are not offered admission
abeg forget all dis people..
very bunch useless idiots..
Allah the thing dey vex me..
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by OnyeOGA(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2017
Cyynthialove:
The problem with head slammers is that, in environment where they are majority, they can never give Christians a breathing space, but once they are minority, you will see them always struggling for their right, they can even go beyond their boundary fighting for what they can never give other if they are in such position.

Here on SW, we know how we slug it out with Yoruba muslins.
We can never relax and buy that deceptive Idea ",Yoruba is Yoruba". because we know the truth.

gbam, unless this country is divided or else this people will continue to terrorize us.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by OnyeOGA(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
usba:

young man, use ur brain well. God didn't install there for fancy. Stop supporting evil.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by anonimi: 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2017
Is barawo bubu, the ethno-religious terrorist no longer in Aso Rock

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6411492_buhariunity_jpege6b944865fd28349d890aa9f1f00fb23

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by enilove(m): 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
From the time Muhammed started his satanic religion he had been given mandates to terrorise the Jews and the Christians.

All the posts above keep denying what the Op posted. Can you deny what your members are doing against Christians globally presently?
If the reports of your members atrocities are known facts why calling the OP a liar?

Even here on "nairaland" it is practised. Your Islamic section doesn't grant admission to Christians to partipate or make comment in your section. It shows that if it were something very important and about destiny that is how you will deny the Christians.

Most Muslims are liars but I want you to keep it in minds that you have started a journey you will regret in the future if we Christians decide to retaliate.

You can condemn it now b4 it becomes an epidemic that will destroy the Muslims especially your Islamic nations like Saudi Arabia ,Iraq etc

Failure to condemn and caution your devilish members will backfire one day.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by missyQween(f): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2017
jumper524:
abeg forget all dis people..
very bunch useless idiots..
Allah the thing dey vex me..

I was surprised about the admission part too because we have a lot of Christians here

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by usba: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2017
[s]
OnyeOGA:

young man, use ur brain well. God didn't install there for fancy. Stop supporting evil.
[/s]

Please shut up if truth is something you can not fanthom, how would anybody make an allegation without a single case as evidence just making generalized statements. Common on because you are a Christian shouldn't deprive you of stating the truth.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by orisa37: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2017
The Caliphate and the Miyetti Allah Fulani Herdsmen will never KNOW Unity of Nigeria until they have E M I R A T E S in all the Southern Towns and Cities of the Rivers Niger and Benue.
May be we too in the South, don't know that this Government is endevouring to lower the Standards of Tertiary Institutions in the South to make them unattractive to Northern Youths and generally less competitive.

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by OnyeOGA(m): 1:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
usba:
[s][/s]

Please shut up if truth is something you can not fanthom, how would anybody make an allegation without a single case as evidence just making generalized statements. Common on because you are a Christian shouldn't deprive you of stating the truth.
sorry for urself!
We all know how your so-called religion kill because of Virgins of after life.
We equally know that your prophet called Muhammad is a murderer, rapist and agent of darkness. Why did he kill a Jew and took his away from him? Sorry for urself.
Am not nepotic like you. But, lemme tell you the truth which you know and you are running away from.
My religion has existed before urs.

Religion of piss:>

1 Like

Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by usba: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2017
^

Your manners reflects your failed religion where the god you worship shouts my lord my lord why have thou forsaken me, a clear indication of failure where a god begs another for help and was failed. Hinduism existed long before your failed religion and the concept of trinity existed long before yours did but hey ignoramus are the tank and file of your failed religion.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by mabea: 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
and you didn't ask him if the entire civil service of borno state is entirely Muslim dominated. Ask his if there are Christian commissioners .

If he's suffering from tribalism from kanuri who are in the majority, it's understandable cos kanuri people, like the jews, are more tribalistic in nature.

The bura in areas like biu would tell you what they go through, too.

Your friend is telling the half truth.
Well i dont know about that but she said if your name is not an islamic one the chances are slim. She's from there hausa by tribe
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
bloodmoneyspita:

have you applied and did not get admission in the south?
who even have time to be checking if this one is Muslim or Christian sef except northern University.
grin grin grin

We know how they roll down there.

Anything northern in your name, religion or look will work against you. You don't give us what we give you here.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
mabea:
Well i dont know about that but she said if your name is not an islamic one the chances are slim. She's from there hausa by tribe
maybe she had an encounter with the wrong person. Most educated people in borno are the chibok and biu . They're mixed. You can't do without them.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by mabea: 2:59pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
maybe she had an encounter with the wrong person. Most educated people in borno are the chibok and biu . They're mixed. You can't do without them.
That perhaps could be the case
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by bloodmoneyspita: 3:17pm On Dec 18, 2017
Caseless:
grin grin grin

We know how they roll down there.

Anything northern in your name, religion or look will work against you. You don't give us what we give you here.

the biggest person in our hospital is a northerner, can you say that about your state? I mean the biggest hospital in my state, you are the one filled with anger, the truth is I don't care.
Re: Northern Universities, Govts Are Denying Christians Admissions And Jobs - ECWA by Caseless: 3:23pm On Dec 18, 2017
bloodmoneyspita:

the biggest person in our hospital is a northerner, can you say that about your state? I mean the biggest hospital in my state, you are the one filled with anger, the truth is I don't care.
lol! Most hospital here are headed by the southerners. Ask the medical practitioners of southern extraction, and they'd tell you there's a brain drain northward.

My friend from the south is working in katsina right now. Now, tell me if a northerner will be employed in a government hospital in your place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Assemblies of God Church sacks General Superintendent over alleged affair with w / Muslims Are The Ones Who Say That Allah Is An Idol / How Many Times Can A Christian Be Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.