Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 - Education (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 (99533 Views)

Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Nomination Interview in Abuja. My Experience / Common Mistakes Chevening Scholarship Applicants Make / Whatsapp Group For Commonwealth Scholarship Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2018
zaretta1995:
anyone applying for fame/cne/mesc?

CNE bro
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by chaiks: 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello brothers. If the erasmus require 6.5 band for ielts with no section less than 6.0 all carry 10marks. If u present 6.5 band with 5.5 in one section, will you still get mark out of d 10?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 2:35pm On Dec 21, 2018
chaiks:
Hello brothers. If the erasmus require 6.5 band for ielts with no section less than 6.0 all carry 10marks. If u present 6.5 band with 5.5 in one section, will you still get mark out of d 10?

Present certificate of English Proficiency jẹ́jẹ̀
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by chaiks: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2018
biffoqboxer:

Present certificate of English Proficiency jẹ́jẹ̀

Guy please drop me a message

haha. Ok. Just that most of my program don't regard Nigeria as an English speaking country.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by OmalikoCj: 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2018
richinex:
It's nice to be here. I guess the long wait has started. I applied for EACH, SERP+ and MESPOM. I had to write a gruelling chemistry test for EACH (excellence in analytical chemistry).

I was told by the school admin specifically MESPOM that there will be no test or interview
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by OmalikoCj: 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
please, i will like to know my chances for the MESPOM program. i have completed the application my referees have submitted their recommendations. i had three referee and they have submitted. I have a CGPA of 4.03. i didnt write TOEFL so i used my university english proficiency certificate. What are my chances?

Who knows their selection strategy please.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by OmalikoCj: 1:54am On Dec 25, 2018
McHuckz:

Good day bro, going through the Erasmus mundus application thread here, I found that you won SERP+, FAME & CNE. Congratulations! I trust studies are going fine. Meanwhile I am a graduate of Industrial Chemistry and I will be applying for the new application fall for 2019-2021. I need mentorship for the application hence I have also sent you a mail.

Looking forward to your kind response. Thanks

we are on same page... Studied almost same course. i studied Pure Chemistry. Can we connect?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Imnaknus: 2:42am On Dec 25, 2018
Ultimus:

You are not applying to each school. Each EMJMD programme and its consortium of institutions have just one application process to gain the scholarship. I believe your application will be evaluated by all or some of the schools. Visit the programme website and familiarize yourself with the application requirements and the consortium as well.

I am happy Erasmus has gained traction in Nigeria. I believe past Winners have already started mentoring others. Read through this thread too, the experiences of others will help you. We can be like the Pakistanis that never fail to maximize their chances with EMJMDs.

Thank you.
So, applying via the EMJMD portal obviates the submission of applications to all three schools?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Imnaknus: 2:44am On Dec 25, 2018
OmalikoCj:
please, i will like to know my chances for the MESPOM program. i have completed the application my referees have submitted their recommendations. i had three referee and they have submitted. I have a CGPA of 4.03. i didnt write TOEFL so i used my university english proficiency certificate. What are my chances?

Who knows their selection strategy please.

1. Eligibility verification from Feb 2nd to Feb 23rd
2. Application Assessment in view to get a seat for an interview from Feb 24th to Mar 12th
3. Interviews (only for the shortlisted applicants) from March 18th to March 21st

...That's from the page of one of the programs. A quick one- how many applications did you make and submit?

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2018
I would like to bring to our notice about some tips for Winning the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, although we are all prospective Erasmus Scholars.

First and Foremost, there's no need for you to rush your application. Taking your time to review and make necessary research on your programs will be essential - it's one of those things that guarantees your success. I got on SERP+ reserve list during the previous application. Checking the docs I submitted made me realise that I didn't do enough diggings, coupled with the fact that I am having a moderately low CGPA. So, if you aren't having that wowing CGPA, and you'd love to give the admission committee some selection headache, make sure you present a very strong profile.

Secondly, don't put all your eggs in a basket. Erasmus Mundus Scholarship offers a very generous funding for international students, but applying for just Erasmus makes no brainer. Spread your tentacles, research and apply for as many scholarships as you can if you really need one. Relying on just Erasmus might hurt you - believe me.

Lastly, I think it will be imperative if we create a WhatsApp group - we can easily share info and files within it. Placing strict measures on post will be necessary so as to facilitate the objectives and goals of the group...

I hope we all get a Scholarship soonest...

4 Likes

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Ultimus: 6:49am On Dec 25, 2018
Imnaknus:

Thank you.
So, applying via the EMJMD portal obviates the submission of applications to all three schools?

Yes. The application process (and portal) is all that is required to gain admission/scholarship into the EMJMD programme.

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by noblemann1(m): 10:41am On Dec 25, 2018
biffoqboxer:
I would like to bring to our notice about some tips for Winning the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, although we are all prospective Erasmus Scholars.

First and Foremost, there's no need for you to rush your application. Taking your time to review and make necessary research on your programs will be essential - it's one of those things that guarantees your success. I got on SERP+ reserve list during the previous application. Checking the docs I submitted made me realise that I didn't do enough diggings, coupled with the fact that I am having a moderately low CGPA. So, if you aren't having that wowing CGPA, and you'd love to give the admission committee some selection headache, make sure you present a very strong profile.

Secondly, don't put all your eggs in a basket. Erasmus Mundus Scholarship offers a very generous funding for international students, but applying for just Erasmus makes no brainer. Spread your tentacles, research and apply for as many scholarships as you can if you really need one. Relying on just Erasmus might hurt you - believe me.

Lastly, I think it will be imperative if we create a WhatsApp group - we can easily share info and files within it. Placing strict measures on post will be necessary so as to facilitate the objectives and goals of the group...

I hope we all get a Scholarship soonest...

Good morning. I sent a pm to you. Hope you got it?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 11:38am On Dec 25, 2018
noblemann1:

Good morning. I sent a pm to you. Hope you got it?

I'm not savvy with Nairaland plugins...

+2348180127020

Hit me up

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Imnaknus: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ultimus:

Yes. The application process (and portal) is all that is required to gain admission/scholarship into the EMJMD programme.

Thank you.

I really wonder why they require an English proficiency test from us Nigerians. It's what's going to delay my application.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by zaretta1995: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2018
biffoqboxer:

CNE bro
dude do u already have a publication on journal or conference?
this thing really concerns me tho
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 8:48pm On Dec 25, 2018
zaretta1995:

dude do u already have a publication on journal or conference?
this thing really concerns me tho

E no matter jàre

Prove ur writing skills through the 4pages essay

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Ultimus: 11:19pm On Dec 25, 2018
Imnaknus:

Thank you.

I really wonder why they require an English proficiency test from us Nigerians. It's what's going to delay my application.

I don't know too. But internationally, we are still regarded as EAL (English as additional language) students, even though our national language is English. It is best to just submit the language proficiency test report given the circumstances.

Some programmes even allocate marks for the English test while some might waive it upon providing a letter from your alma mata that you were taught in English.

I suggest you mail them and find out possible alternatives for the English test.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Imnaknus: 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ultimus:

I don't know too. But internationally, we are still regarded as EAL (English as additional language) students, even though our national language is English. It is best to just submit the language proficiency test report given the circumstances.

Some programmes even allocate marks for the English test while some might waive it upon providing a letter from your alma mata that you were taught in English.

I suggest you mail them and find out possible alternatives for the English test.
Thank you.
Unfortunately there are no alternatives. My first choice program specifically says NO to alma mater letters. Writing the test this late is just a price I'm paying for poor planning.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Ultimus: 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2018
Imnaknus:

Thank you.
Unfortunately there are no alternatives. My first choice program specifically says NO to alma mater letters. Writing the test this late is just a price I'm paying for poor planning.

Ehn, just conquer from within. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Imnaknus: 11:58pm On Dec 25, 2018
Ultimus:

Ehn, just conquer from within. cheesy
Ha ha... I sure will.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 08, 2019
kennynelcon:

How does it work; Program picks students and sends to Erasmus Mundus for final selection (Full scholarship) after reading SOPs
or Program picks qualified students and also determines who gets the scholarship ?

How I got the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Delesta2015: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2019
Who is applying for WACOMA here. I am having issues with uploading my docs.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by skyknight(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2019
I have been following this thread since last year.. Today is the deadline for Glocal I applied for. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my transcript from uniben on time because of ASUU strike undecided. I still look forward to IMSISS closing on Jan 25th. Transcript and Reference letters have now become trouble to secure. I pray they call it off on time.

3 Likes

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by chaiks: 3:47am On Jan 14, 2019
skyknight:
I have been following this thread since last year.. Today is the deadline for Glocal I applied for. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my transcript from uniben on time because of ASUU strike undecided. I still look forward to IMSISS closing on Jan 25th. Transcript and Reference letters have now become trouble to secure. I pray they call it off on time.
good to see u are applying for imsiss. Have you taken the english proficiency test?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 3:37am On Jan 17, 2019
Hi guys, let's get this thread moving... meanwhile, any brethren here that applied for Groundwatch and FRM program?

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Danny4show(m): 7:31am On Jan 17, 2019
Canny27:
Hi guys, let's get this thread moving... meanwhile, any brethren here that applied for Groundwatch and FRM program?
yeah i applied for groundwatch. Any update?

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by segzysexy(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2019
Canny27:
I applied FRM and IMETE, what's your discipline?

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 11:27am On Jan 17, 2019
Danny4show:
yeah i applied for groundwatch. Any update?
segzysexy:
I applied FRM and IMETE, what's your discipline?

Segzysexy and Danny; I studied Civil Engineering. How about yours? What's your discipline and whats your current status
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by segzysexy(m): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2019
Canny27:

Segzysexy and Danny; I studied Civil Engineering. How about yours? What's your discipline and whats your current status

Water Resources and Environmental Engineering. IHE Delft Account Status: Academically Admitted, Awaiting for Scholarship Approval. Your Status?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2019
[quote author=segzysexy post=74847596][/quote] same status. your background fits groundwatch program. why didn't you apply?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by segzysexy(m): 3:37pm On Jan 17, 2019
Canny27:

same status. your background fits groundwatch program. why didn't you apply?
I have applied for three programs already.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Saysay95: 4:26pm On Jan 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (41) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko's Stars University, Idumuje-Ugboko Nears Completion (Video) / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics / Students Organize Sex Party In Anambra Hotel, Spark Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.