Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 (99474 Views)

Commonwealth Master's Scholarship Nomination Interview in Abuja. My Experience / Common Mistakes Chevening Scholarship Applicants Make / Whatsapp Group For Commonwealth Scholarship Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 2:11pm On Jan 31, 2019
PhilJames:

What's your degree cgpa?

4.3 < x < 4.5

what's your profile

If you applied after 15 jan, fogerit!
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by segzysexy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 31, 2019
Canny27:

4.3 < x < 4.5

what's your profile

bros you have a quite strong CGPA, how come you didn't make the top 20 list? IMETE is indeed very competitive
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by PhilJames: 3:07pm On Jan 31, 2019
Canny27:

4.3 < x < 4.5

what's your profile

Applied early January around 7th

Profile shows submitted
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2019
segzysexy:
bros you have a quite strong CGPA, how come you didn't make the top 20 list? IMETE is indeed very competitive

Yea, it really was. The competition was fierce. 800+ for 20places

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Yomodun: 12:27am On Feb 01, 2019
segzysexy:

Erasmus is generally competitive. A guy applied to one of the programs during the last call with a 4.49cgpa but was not offered a scholarship. I also know of another with a 4.47cgpa that applied without an offer of scholarship. We can only put in our best effort and pray for success

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by adachisom25: 7:47am On Feb 01, 2019
PhilJames:

I applied for IMETE too but mine is still showing submitted.

How long did it take before yours changed to admitted?
About 2 weeks
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by adachisom25: 7:50am On Feb 01, 2019
PhilJames:

I applied for IMETE too but mine is still showing submitted.

How long did it take before yours changed to admitted?
I applied on the 14th of January.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by segzysexy(m): 7:57am On Feb 01, 2019
Yeah. I think most Erasmus programs assess each applicant's qualifications holistically (academic grade, relevance of previous degrees to the choosen program, research ability, awards and other relevant extra-curricula activities) rather than just grading by their strong CGPA, Although strong CGPA also increase ones chances of been selected.Let's just pray we get favored this year.
Yomodun:

Erasmus is generally competitive. A guy applied to one of the programs during the last call with a 4.49cgpa but was not offered a scholarship. I also know of another with a 4.47cgpa that applied without an offer of scholarship. We can only put in our best effort and pray for success

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Yomodun: 10:05am On Feb 01, 2019
segzysexy:
Yeah. I think most Erasmus programs assess each applicant's qualifications holistically (academic grade, relevance of previous degrees to the choosen program, research ability, awards and other relevant extra-curricula activities) rather than just grading by their strong CGPA, Although strong CGPA also increase ones chances of been selected.Let's just pray we get favored this year.
You're right though. We just have to remain hopeful
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by strangest(m): 6:56am On Feb 06, 2019
Yomodun:

Bros, I have just been selected by my school and will be considered for scholarship... i was advised to go for legalization but the process seems a bit tedious... do you know if the legalization will affect my being selected for scholarship? because its my plan to go for legalization if I am selected for scholarship... cos wasting all those money traveling to school, belgium embassy and payments wont be easy here... please advise thanks...
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by zaretta1995: 7:24am On Feb 06, 2019
is it mandatory to provide the letter of recommendation with official letterhead?
because both of my professors only gave me personal recommendation letters
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 8:14am On Feb 06, 2019
zaretta1995:
is it mandatory to provide the letter of recommendation with official letterhead?
because both of my professors only gave me personal recommendation letters

Yes, it is Mandatory! It also makes it official
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 8:15am On Feb 06, 2019
strangest:

Bros, I have just been selected by my school and will be considered for scholarship... i was advised to go for legalization but the process seems a bit tedious... do you know if the legalization will affect my being selected for scholarship? because its my plan to go for legalization if I am selected for scholarship... cos wasting all those money traveling to school, belgium embassy and payments wont be easy here... please advise thanks...

Which program, bro?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by strangest(m): 1:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
[quote author=Canny27 post=75461287]

International Master of Science in Soils & Global Change
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by strangest(m): 4:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jamaticulus:
EMJMD....One of the best and juiciest scholarship in the world. smiley wink ......Let me go ahead

List of old programs currently offered (some may be removed by Sept/Oct 2018).

https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/library/emjmd-catalogue_en

New 45 programs opening up in September/October 2018. This new 45 programs would be added to the ones left behind from the old list. In all, 110 programs would be funded by the EACEA for 2018/2019.

https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/sites/eacea-site/files/2018_emjmd_selection_results_-final.pdf

Go through both links and select three programs that you would apply to when the call for applications begins. Each program has its specific opening and deadline dates.

Use your search engine and find the website of the three programs you have selected for application. Note: the programs you've selected must be in tandem with your academic/work/research background. Even if you have the best result, picking a wrong program can affect your selection.

Hence, read through each program's website. Take your time and digest it's contents. Look out for documents required : Copy of your Transcript, Certificate, No/Type of Referees, TOEFL/IELTS scores, Motivation letter/Essay prompts, CV( Prepare one according to the Europass Format. "Google this"wink etc

Meanwhile, get an Intl passport if you don't have one as this is required in registering for the TOEFL/IELTS exam. It's important you write either of this test as it would give you more opportunities in terms of applications. You'll be able to apply, not only for the Erasmus Mundus program, but to other scholarships around the world.

Your motivation letter is very important. It has to tell a story. Connect dots from your past experiences with what you hope to achieve going forward. You'll be doing a lot of drafting, editing, proof reading and the likes. Prepare your mind for this. Start brainstorming on how you wanna shapen this letter. It is very crucial in the application process. You must be able to sell yourself

Your referees should be the ones that are accessible. They should be internet savvy and also possess a bit of online presence. They should be able to write top-notch reference letters on your behalf  and not the "cliché" type. So choose your refeeres wisely. Referees with institutional email are preferable.

Your CGPA is not only the deciding factor here. If your CGPA is average, other aspects of the application has to be water tight ( e.g relevant work experience, publication, volunteer experience, leadership e.t.c). Seunbunmi won this scholarship in the past with a 2.1 CGPA(3.8 .So don't let that deter you.

The journey to selection and  Sept. 2019 entry is a tough one. However, it is doable. I want y'all to prepare your mind towards it.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask. However, that should be after you've made efforts to make research on your own.

Bonne Chance à tous!

I'm Erasmus for Life!!

Hello, congrats... I have been selected by my course for scholarship consideration but they want me to legalize my documents, which is really tedious... do you think it will affect my scholarship chances if i dont legalize my documents? thanks
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 4:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
strangest:

Hello, congrats... I have been selected by my course for scholarship consideration but they want me to legalize my documents, which is really tedious... do you think it will affect my scholarship chances if i dont legalize my documents? thanks

I think someone was placed under the same condition last year. He eventually got the scholarship, but it can only be valid once he sends his legalised docs.

If they say you're still under scholarship consideration, it is an open statement.

I will advise you to contact them, and ask for your ranking on the consideration list.

If you're replied to be on a high ranking, then legalising your docs should follow.

I wish you all the best Bro...

Which program is that?

Can you share the house your profile?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 4:43pm On Feb 06, 2019
strangest:

I think @Jamaticulus was the one that experienced the legalising stuff...
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by strangest(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
biffoqboxer:

I think someone was placed under the same condition last year. He eventually got the scholarship, but it can only be valid once he sends his legalised docs.

If they say you're still under scholarship consideration, it is an open statement.

I will advise you to contact them, and ask for your ranking on the consideration list.

If you're replied to be on a high ranking, then legalising your docs should follow.

Which program is that?

thanks for giving me high hopes.. well my GP is not all that good (lower than 3.0), but job experiences is focused on course applied for... i ve been on a short course award in Australia and attended a previous EU funded seminar in SA... course applied for IMSOGLO
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by biffoqboxer: 5:01pm On Feb 06, 2019
strangest:

thanks for giving me high hopes.. well my GP is not all that good (lower than 3.0), but job experiences is focused on course applied for... i ve been on a short course award in Australia and attended a previous EU funded seminar in SA... course applied for IMSOGLO

I have watched testimonial of someone who got the scholarship with 64%. Yes, 64%... But, he made it known that he had a very rich research experience.

To get connected to @Jamaticulus and others who know much about your current status, message them on the Facebook Group - Erasmus Mundus Nigeria...

All the best once again Bro...

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Jamaticulus(m): 5:36pm On Feb 06, 2019
Applicants for EMERALD here.....I learnt you are having online aptitude tests this week....Kindly reach out to the Erasmus Facebook page for helpful tips for your aptitude test.

Likewise FAME+ program as well

Cheers!
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by strangest(m): 6:20pm On Feb 06, 2019
Jamaticulus:
Applicants for EMERALD here.....I learnt you are having online aptitude tests this week....Kindly reach out to the Erasmus Facebook page for helpful tips for your aptitude test.

Likewise FAME+ program as well

Cheers!

hello, please do i still have chances of getting a scholarship if I do not legalize my document? am ready to legalize if i get a scholarship first... please advise thanks
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Jamaticulus(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2019
strangest:

hello, please do i still have chances of getting a scholarship if I do not legalize my document? am ready to legalize if i get a scholarship first... please advise thanks

It's not a guarantee bro.....the rule is that you send in your legalized documents. If the consortium doesn't have it, there is no way they can confirm it's authenticity...Because of Fraud issues...

It's a risk bro...No one here can tell you if you would get the scholarship or not.

For more clarifications...shoot a mail to the coordinator/secretary.

2 Likes

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Jamaticulus(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2019
biffoqboxer:

I think in his situation, no ranking has been done yet. If I'm correct.... The program deadline (IMSOGLO) is still weeks away, March 1st to be precise...

If he doesn't send it, I fear he might not even be considered when they panel starts drawing up the rankings...

Which program is that?

1 Like

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Delesta2015: 6:09pm On Feb 07, 2019
strangest:

I guess your program is sinrem. If yes then it's one of the risk you have to take. I personally don't like their process. Bit I think you can go for if you're willing.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Yomodun: 9:48am On Feb 08, 2019
Congrats bro. I think the best thing to do is to mail your program coordinator for more clarification.
strangest:

Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Jamaticulus(m): 3:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
Delesta2015:
I guess your program is sinrem. If yes then it's one of the risk you have to take. I personally don't like their process. Bit I think you can go for if you're willing.

I think in his situation, no ranking has been done yet. If I'm correct.... The program deadline (IMSOGLO) is still weeks away, March 1st to be precise...

If he doesn't send it, I fear he might not even be considered when they panel starts drawing up the rankings...
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Delesta2015: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2019
Anyone applied to WACOMA here? Eligibility check is complete. Check your institution mail box.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2019
adachisom25:

I applied on the 14th of January.

guy, if you never exhaust your 3slots, please check out this program. If you like it, Apply!
MESC+ Joint Master Degree program
(Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
+)
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Saysay95: 2:01pm On Feb 12, 2019
I have been researching Eramus Mundus alumni and students from Nigeria that have been granted scholarship for Europubhealth and public health in disasters. Can't seem to find any.
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by Canny27: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2019
Emplant has contacted selected candidates for Interview. Any selected candidate here?
Re: Erasmus Mundus Master's Scholarship Applicants 2017/2018 by adachisom25: 11:29pm On Feb 12, 2019
Canny27:

guy, if you never exhaust your 3slots, please check out this program. If you like it, Apply!
MESC+ Joint Master Degree program
(Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
+)
Thanks. I've exhausted my slots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko's Stars University, Idumuje-Ugboko Nears Completion (Video) / Jamb Cut Off Marks For Universities And Polytechnics / Students Organize Sex Party In Anambra Hotel, Spark Outrage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.