Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? (14803 Views)

DIY: Replacement Of Downstream (bank 1 Sensor 2) O2 Sensor On 03-07 Accord 4cyl / At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? / Honda-accord 2005: O2 Sensor/fuel Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by ChiefD(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2010
Some of these mechanics can be terrible. They can get a gear that has been replaced from one customer and sell to you. I dont know how this works in Abuja, BUT in lagos there are scan places everywhere.

Why dont you try another scan place, at least let them tell you what sensors are detected bad (IF ANY) and you can start from there BEFORE buying another gear. Sorry for the wahala.
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by dustydee: 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2010
@chief, thanks alot for your help.
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by sultaan(m): 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2010
I'm not at home now looks like a loose sensor, will double check when i get home.

Read the codes and see what applies.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1490107
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by GeorgeD1(m): 5:38pm On Apr 22, 2010
sbm,
what a big relief! i bet it must be the loose sensors causing all this wahala in the first place.

after this experience, you now know what to do should something like this occur in the future.

cheers!
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by Hadrotes: 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2010
Gents,

I got home today and drove the car around for a long time, the car didnt stall and the steaming was excellent. It acted as if nothing has ever happened to it before,

The check engine light is off and everything seems normal. I think the time is just right to sell grin

I hope this is the end of this problem, and I sincerely want to appreciate you all.

@dustydee, take your time and dont be in a hurry. I think that thing works like magic, i mean patience. In a bid to fix it hurriedly, you will become desperate and get into wrong hands. Just set your mind that you dont have a car at the moment and take it slowly, Stop driving the car so you dont cause more damage to it,
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by sbm4real(m): 7:55pm On Apr 22, 2010
sorry, the above post is from me. someone logged on to nairaland on my system and i thought its my log on,
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2010
sbm!
your already thinking about offloading that rod?! sharp man!

now you can join the growing list of altima naija used sellers! grin
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by jujukemist(m): 4:38pm On May 15, 2010
;DWhy the silence from siena and the other xperts.have we not learnt something from the way the issue was fixed. Partial contact of a MAF sensor can cause engine to stall?discuss cool
Re: Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? by weyreypey: 9:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
interesting gazzuzz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Reasons Why Drivers Of Manual Transmission Cars Believe They're Better Drivers / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Endorses Ondo Auto Rally (Photos And Videos) / Mercedes-benz Sells Over 200,000 Vehicles Worldwide In September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.