Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,675 members, 7,955,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:16 AM

WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel (375 Views)

Motorist Uses "I Tithe" As Car Number Plate (Photo) / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel by atomicdele(m): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2017
hey guys...I came across this writeup on tithing and it did something great to my understanding....read and be blessed

Pastor NuelWHY I TITHELet me be clear, this is not an invitation to a debate on tithing, but rather my attempt to put out my understanding on the issue of the tithe so that those who have sought a scriptural basis for the rewarding practice of tithing might receive the enlightenment they seek.To this end, any comment made on this post must be devoidof personal attacks and must be made in the spirit of brotherliness and love. Any deviation from this will be deleted.I have taken a long time to put this out because I am convinced that no matter what is said, those who have experienced the blessing of tithing can NEVER be convinced to stop it, and those who have not will most likely not understand. This is because the premise for new testament tithing which is the encounter of Abraham with Melchizedek and the CONTINUING priesthood of Jesus AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK, is according to Paul, “difficult to explain”…Hebrews 5:8-11Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. And God DESIGNATED HIM TO BE A HIGH PRIEST IN THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK. There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen.I will however try to explain.In Genesis 14, Abraham came back from the slaughter of five kings led by a man called Chedorlaomer. On his way back he was met by a priest of God called Melchizedek who brought BREAD and WINE and BLESSED Abraham. Abraham,VOLUNTARILY and WITHOUT COMPULSION, BUT OBVIOUSLY BY A REVELATION AND IN FAITH, gave Melchizedek a tenth part of all the spoils of war.Paul later used this encounter to explain the priestly ministry of Jesus that continues till today.Heb 7:1-4This Melchizedek was king of the city of Salem and also a priest of God Most High. When Abraham was returning home after winning a great battle against the kings, Melchizedek met him and blessed him. Then Abraham took a tenth of all he had captured in battle and gave it to Melchizedek. The name Melchizedek means “king of justice,”and king of Salem means “king of peace.” There is no record of his father or mother or any of his ancestors—no beginning or end to his life. He remains a priest forever, resembling the Son of God. Consider then how great this Melchizedek was. Even Abraham, the great patriarch of Israel, RECOGNIZED THIS BY GIVING HIM A TENTH OF WHAT HE HAD TAKEN INBATTLE.Notice that the tithe from Abraham was a RECOGNITION of HOW GREAT MELCHIZEDEK was. It was an honor seed. It was a recognition of greatness.Heb 7:6-7But Melchizedek, who was not a descendant of Levi, collected a tenth from Abraham. And Melchizedek placed a blessing upon Abraham, the one who had already received the promises of God. And without question, the person who has the power to give a blessing IS GREATER THAN the one who is blessed.That’s why I don’t give my tithe to the poor. I give it upwards.I give to the poor, most times even more than 10 percent, but separate from my tithe.Paul continues…Heb 7:12-15And if the PRIESTHOOD IS CHANGED, the law must also be changed to permit it. For the priest we are talking about belongs to a different tribe, whose members have never served at the altar as priests. What I mean is, our Lord came from the tribe of Judah, and Moses never mentioned priests coming from that tribe. THIS CHANGE HAS BEEN MADE VERY CLEAR SINCE A DIFFERENT PRIEST, WHO IS LIKE MELCHIZEDEK, HAS APPEARED.Notice it was not a CESSATION of priesthood but rather a CHANGE of priesthood. Moving from the old testament into the new testament there was a change of priesthood from the Aaronic and Levitical order to the order of Melchizedek.We do not tithe today after the Aaronic or Levitical order of priesthood, but after the Order of Melchizedek.Heb 7:17-20And the psalmist pointed this out when he prophesied, “You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek.” Yes, the old requirement about the priesthood WAS SET ASIDE because it was weak and useless. For the law never made anything perfect. But now we have confidence in a better hope, through which we draw near to God. THIS NEW SYSTEM was established with a solemn oath. Aaron’s descendants became priests without such an oath,It is true that the old requirement about the priesthood was set aside, but notice that A NEW system of priesthood was put in its place. It is under this new system that I Tithe.Under this new system tithing it is not by FORCE but by FAITH.There are those who say the encounter of Abraham with Melchizedek was a one of encounter and not continuous andAbraham tithed just once, so why do we tithe continuously?The answer is interestingly simple.What was a one of incident in Genesis 14, has become a continuing MINISTRY in the new covenant.Heb 7:18You are a priest FOREVER in the order of Melchizedek.In fact, have you wondered why God interjected that whole encounter in Genesis 14 for us to learn from? Think about it, Abraham already had the promises of God before he met Melchizedek. We were never given the history of Melchizedek nor what became of him afterwards.It was almost as if someone just wanted to make an object lesson for a time to come when there will arise a PRIEST AFTER THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDEK, so that we can understand how this NEW SYSTEM OF PRIESTHOOD works. (By the way, I recognize that we are all priests in the new covenant but my brother THERE IS STILL A HIGH PRIEST AND IT AIN’T YOU OR ME – IT’S JESUS and our tithe to him is how we continually RECOGNIZE he is GREATER THAN US – remember it is a honor seed).Jesus came bearing bread and wine (not bulls and goats) to demonstrate the beginning of a bread and wine, Melchizedan priesthood.What did he say to us about the bread and wine – the communion…1 Corinthians 11:26For every time you eat this bread and drink this cup, you are announcing the Lord’s death UNTIL HE COMES AGAIN.IF THE BREAD AND WINE PART (THE HIGH PRIEST’S PART) IS TO CONTINUE TO BE OBSERVED TILL JESUS COMES AGAIN, WHY SHOULD THE TITHE PART (ABRAHAM’S RESPONSE TO THE BREAD AND WINE) NOT CONTINUE TILL JESUS COMES AGAIN.Then there are those who say that the spoils were not Abraham’s possession or income. I beg to disagree. Notice Abraham’s response when the king he went to fight on his behalf – the king of Sodom, asked him to keep the spoils, look closely at what he said…Genesis 14:24I will take nothing except what the young men have eaten, and THE SHARE OF THE MEN who went with me, Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre; let them take THEIR SHARE”How can it be their share but not their possession. And if it was their possession then his own share must have been his possession as well. In addition, he had no right to give away ANY PART of what was not HIS!Lastly, there are those who ask “did Jesus tithe?” To these people I answer a big and indefatigable YES. In fact to suggest otherwise would be to say that Jesus did not keep the law. If he didn’t keep the entire law without fail, then he did not FULFIL the law on our behalf and you and I are in trouble. He lived under the old covenant and he met ALL the requirements!Even when they passed by a grain field on a Sabbath, and his disciples were harvesting and eating the grain, he did not jointhem even though he defended them. They were for the new covenant, but he still had to fulfil the old covenant.Mar 2:23:24And it happened that He was passing through the grainfieldson the Sabbath, and HIS Disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain. The Pharisees were saying to Him, “Look, why are THEY doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?”So even though Jesus tithed under the old covenant, he NEVER SPOKE OF IT ONCE. Is it therefore a surprise that his disciples NEVER SPOKE ABOUT THEIR TITHE UNDER THE NEW COVENANT? Did they have another mentor.YOUR TITHE IS BETWEEN YOU AND GOD. IT IS PERSONAL.So tithing is GOOD, PERSONAL, UNCOMPELLED, A RECOGNITION THAT EVEN ..tbc!
Re: WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel by smulti(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
who go read your epistle... hehehe

na only you waka come .
Re: WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel by SUPERPACK: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2017

Re: WHY I TITHE By Pastor Nuel by Goodness4525: 10:02pm On Dec 18, 2017
Although I can't finish the reading but the message is simple ,now in that same book of Hebrews the bible say there is an annulling of tithe commandment and Paul introduced d new covenant law in Corinth let everyone give as he proposed in his heart .if u ar still giving in the name of tithe commandment sorry it is ignorance and u ar under a curse but give willingly not under obligations that is new covenant law

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

God Has Planned Our Futures / Do You Forget Your Dreams? (part 10) / Just An Encouragement (01)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.