Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,657 members, 7,955,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:59 AM

Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. (4842 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / Can You Answer This Tough Fbi Secret Agent Questions / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Ayoemrys(m): 6:23am On Dec 20, 2017
[quote authoar=Follysho707 post=63435817]

I respectfully disagree!

From an English grammar perspective.... If 'What' is the name of the ship according to the author...then, it's not stated or not hinted at all in the argument. It should have been stated this way... "What, is the name of the ship" with a comma at the end of 'what' and without a '?' at the end of the statement / argument. The question mark at the end of the argument begs the question.

In the statement, the author utilized 'What' as an 'adjective' which is commonly used to introduce a noun or a noun phrase.
So, for it to actually be the name of the ship, it should have been used as a noun as I depicted in my above argument. The comma after the 'what' is very imperative.

Again, on the lighter side... it's a riddle anyway! My answer to the riddle is "Famous" as the name of the Ship. wink[/quote]that Makes It A Riddle, Of Couse You Need To Add And Subtract,
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Omoponmileh: 11:49am On Dec 20, 2017
What is the name of the ship
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by femi4: 11:55am On Dec 20, 2017
Ayoemrys:
that Makes It A Riddle, Of Couse You Need To Add And Subtract,
We have two "What is the name of the ship" there. The first one is without "?"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Quickly Guys; My Cousin Brought This One For Me To Solve / What Tb_joshua Said About ASUU Strike / Best Tip To Get Relevant Job In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.