Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. (4760 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / Can You Answer This Tough Fbi Secret Agent Questions / UNN Gave Me Animal Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by pentane05(m): 9:25am On Dec 19, 2017
This question was given to me by my sister.

1 Share

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by segebobo: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2017
The captain is 'Captain Phillips' The name of the ship is 'this famous'

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 19, 2017
The answer is "What". In the fourth paragraph, "What " was written without question Mark just to tell us the name of the Ship. cheesy

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by christejames(m): 10:35am On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:
The answer is "What". In the fourth paragraph, "What " was written without question Mark just to tell us the name of the Ship. cheesy

You got it. I was equally tested that riddle yesterday.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by THUNDAR(m): 11:43am On Dec 19, 2017
angry cool shocked grin grin grin grin
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by angelboy01(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
christejames:

What doesn't justify the answer because you have a question mark there.

4 Likes

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by christejames(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
angelboy01:

What doesn't justify the answer because you have a question mark there.

Read it again. Actually there are two 'whats' there with the first not having question mark...

3 Likes

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by esthy86(f): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2017
WHAT
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by WINDSOW(m): 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Samstyle(m): 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
For me answer is This Famous Ship
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by femi4: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
Samstyle:
For me answer is This Famous Ship
Two answers are there

"famous ship" and "What"
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by femi4: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
christejames:

Famous Ship is also correct

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by encryptjay(m): 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2017
This Famous ship and What grin
My cousin had a similar question on her WhatsApp status and I told her 'This famous ship' and she said I was wrong grin
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by bold44: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
The first WHAT is the name.
The second WHAT is the question.

Famous ship is the wrong answer.

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by jaszplus12(m): 3:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
this famous ship is the name of captain Philip's ship
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by mercy0008(f): 5:33pm On Dec 19, 2017
So I'm a resident in Ibadan for now and would love to visit some tourist attractions.
I heard about Erin Ijesha waterfall in Osun which is not sooooo far from Ibadan, such a trip will be boring alone.
Just need people who are resident in Ibadan and have an interest in local tourism, that are also interested in visiting Erin Ijesha to signify their interest. It could be a day trip or a one night trip.
It promises to be fun and pocket friendly since Ijesha i heard is not far away.
kindly send me a mail if interested so we can make plans and agree on a date.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
"This famous ship" is the name of the ship.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
The problem with all these new riddles is that they are not always well planned and as such more than one logical answer could apply.

In the above riddle, "this famous ship" and also "what" could be the name of the ship. The question mark being left out isn't enough though. . . I wonder those that come up with these sub par riddles sef undecided
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Karleb(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:

Your head is very correct! cool

I wonder what's happening 'cause for the past couple of days the riddle has been trending on whatsapp.

Whoever created the riddle most be very proud now.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by whonamehelp(m): 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
the answer is Buhari
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:

I respectfully disagree!

From an English grammar perspective.... If 'What' is the name of the ship according to the author...then, it's not stated or not hinted at all in the argument. It should have been stated this way... "What, is the name of the ship" with a comma at the end of 'what' and without a '?' at the end of the statement / argument. The question mark at the end of the argument begs the question.

In the statement, the author utilized 'What' as an 'adjective' which is commonly used to introduce a noun or a noun phrase.
So, for it to actually be the name of the ship, it should have been used as a noun as I depicted in my above argument. The comma after the 'what' is very imperative.

Again, on the lighter side... it's a riddle anyway! My answer to the riddle is "Famous" as the name of the Ship. wink

2 Likes

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by DONADAMS(m): 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
useless riddle... there should be a comma after the "what"
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
christejames:

Hmmm...thanks

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
Karleb:

Your head is very correct! cool

I wonder what's happening 'cause for the past couple of days the riddle has been trending on whatsapp.

Whoever created the riddle most be very proud now.

Thanks for the Sweet words.

Sincerely, the creator of the riddle did a good job. Although, he gave us different meaning to the Riddle due to the Punctuation marks.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by adedazz: 10:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
lmao...I swear
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Missnande(f): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:

You go school.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
Follysho707:

I respectfully disagree!

From an English grammar perspective.... If 'What' is the name of the ship according to the author...then, it's not stated or not hinted at all in the argument. It should have been stated this way... "What, is the name of the ship" with a comma at the end of 'what' and without a '?' at the end of the statement / argument. The question mark at the end of the argument begs the question.

In the statement, the author utilized 'What' as an 'adjective' which is commonly used to introduce a noun or a noun phrase.
So, for it to actually be the name of the ship, it should have been used as a noun as I depicted in my above argument. The comma after the 'what' is very imperative.

Again, on the lighter side... it's a riddle anyway! My answer to the riddle is "Famous" as the name of the Ship. wink

Ooops. .... For a minute I thought I was in a Tutorial Class for English Language.

You have skilfully stated your point but I beg to disagree. In this Situation, our interpretative skill would have to do the Magic. Let me use your piont to counter your argument, you said "What" was used as an adjective to introduce Noun/Noun Phrase and of Such it does not fit into the Question. Sincerely, I accept this piont of view.

The only aspect I won't accept is the answer you gave. If "What" won't be accepted as the answer in this situation because it's an Adjective while should I accept "Famous" as the answer? Just try to interpret the Paragraph where famous was used. It was also used as an Adjective.

In this situation, there won't be a definite answer but I still believe The author solution would be "What" since he intentionally omitted "?"

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
kelvinreality:

Ooops. .... For a minute I thought I was in a Tutorial Class for English Language.

You have skilfully stated your point but I beg to disagree. In this Situation, our interpretative skill would have to do the Magic. Let me use your piont to counter your argument, you said "What" was used as an adjective to introduce Noun/Noun Phrase and of Such it does not fit into the Question. Sincerely, I accept this piont of view.

The only aspect I won't accept is the answer you gave. If "What" won't be accepted as the answer is the situation because it's an Adjective while should I accept "Famous" as the answer? Just try to interpret the Paragraph where famous was used. It was also used as an Adjective.

In this situation, there won't be a definite answer but I still believe The author solution would be "What" since he intentionally omitted "?"

You're absolutely right... undecided You got me on that. It boils down to individual scope-lens and perspective at which we chose to interpret it.

Again, riddles of this nature are more 'intuitive' in nature and are meant to provide the reader with more than one answer.
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Inkredible(m): 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
angry

Is that all?

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
Follysho707:

You're absolutely right... undecided You got me on that. It boils down to individual scope-lens and perspective at which we chose to interpret it.

Again, riddles of this nature are more 'intuitive' in nature and are meant to provide the reader with more than one answer.

Yeah... You are Right.
Thanks for this discussion, I have learnt something from just reading your quote. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
Missnande:

You go school.
smileywink cheesy
Re: Our Last Born Gave Me This Tough Question. by BIEmpowerment: 12:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Lol u wan make person brain get muscle pull.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What These Students Are Doing In Class / Nigeria: Finally Snow Falls In Lagos. / CBN Donates ₦500M To University of Agriculture In Abeokuta (UNAAB)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.