Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools (4871 Views)

Boarding Schools And Lesbianism / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School / Who Used to Go to Those Boarding Schools? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by GL(f): 4:44am On May 16, 2006
they gave us corn and beans, and cornvita (which no one knew of or could eat)
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gem87(f): 11:21am On May 16, 2006
lol, they served us beans dat made u sick lol
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by mamaput(f): 8:25pm On May 16, 2006
Maggots in the rice.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by folkzy(f): 8:33pm On May 16, 2006
The experience was d BEST. I can never forget all the experiences that i had.
My friends, d seniors , d juniors n people in my class will always remeber me. because i was among d popular girls of my year
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Ndipe(m): 10:03pm On May 16, 2006
I finished high school in the late 80's and even as of now, I sometimes dream about my days in boarding house at Obot Idim. Chei, relieving those experiences in the USA is just great. It was really a fantastic experience. So, for the guy who finished 10 years ago and still dreams about boarding school, count me in. I wish I could go back to and relieve those memories right in that school, but we just have to move on with life.

When I reflect on my sojourn on earth, I am of the view that Nigeria treated me well back then. Thank God!!!
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by gem87(f): 8:06pm On May 17, 2006
it ws d best experience ever
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by MoOdYLaDy(f): 11:41pm On Nov 09, 2007
I hated Bording School, didn't even last 3wks there, they beat the living crap out of me that my parents had to transfer me back to Lagos, (my parents has never even beaten me like that in their life) that and ended up in catholic school until I left naija in ss1.

I will never send my kids to boarding school, the place is full of all kind of atrocities
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by akeye(f): 2:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
@moodylady
u were a lazy girl lol

@topic
i enjoyed every bit of my secondary skool
even though i suffered in my junior days but i know it was fun

i enjoyed socials
and visiting days
and i learnt alot.
my children MUST go to a boarding skool cos i want them to learn to be independent.
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by sexytammy(f): 7:58pm On Feb 10, 2008
madam koi koi, bush baby and gboko grin
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Ibukune(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2008
I really miss nothing except the
LABOUR,i MEAN hard labour every friday.Even the fear of both cutlasses and hoe is enough jare

LABOUR,i MEAN hard labour
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by ellaluchi: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2008
hot stepper,pls which boarding school did u attend cos most of ur experience happened in my school, FGGC OSHA.

afta of our exams,,wen we go 4 nite prep,we will be drumming on our lockers singing songs like,,,2 more days to go home eeee, ooooo.

when a senior gal send u or punish u, u will do every thing he has asked u to do but immediately u come to ur class for prep,u will starting forming 4 ur mates that hnm imagine dat stupid senior so so,,she sent me on errand and i didnt evn jar her face,

or is it those our miserable junior days,,,wen we zap 4 senior gals,,bath in bush near our class room so as 2 dodge from senior gals.

or is during dinning time,,some SS 3 gals will barge into dinning with thier patra nickers and their massacre bowls and turn the whole turine of food in their bowl to the detriment of the junior gals

the experience is endless
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Roscodaddy(m): 8:03pm On May 10, 2008
i wnt forget the watering beans and garri,ha boarding house ,it was fun shaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Why We Love Nigerian Boarding Schools by Joan4427(f): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
To re-live your boarding school experiences, check-out the "Feddie Girl" novel by Nona David. It's about the hilarious adventures of an American teen in a Nigerian Federal (Boarding) School and documents the whole juicy details from a fresh angle you've never imagined.

Novel Back Blurb:

FEDDIE GIRL is an international adventure/thriller about the experiences of an American teenager in a Nigerian boarding school. This novel offers a unique reading experience--witty, fun, and exhilarating. The masterful suspense, action, and sub-plot will curl your toes, keep you reading all night, and leave you thirsting for more.

Carlotta Ikedi (A.k.a Feddie Girl) has never liked school. Not in California. Not in Oklahoma. When her exasperated parents ship her off to boarding school–in West Africa–Carlotta faces a life, culture, and existence unlike anything she’s ever known.

School rules and regulations, rising bell, lights-out, manual labor, inspections, dining time, prefects, punishments, mean bunkmates, and visiting days–it’s all here. But author Nona David takes Carlotta’s story a step further when her adventures lead to unfortunate incidents that threaten to drive her American family into the clutches of infidelity and organized crime.

Boarding school doesn’t get any better than this…

For those who have experienced the boarding school life, the adventures of Feddie Girl will bring those memories crashing back… For anyone else, get ready to see the world as Feddie Girl.

This novel is available on the publisher's website: https://bernardbooks.com/links.html

Also available in Nigeria at an affordable price. See location and contact details on the publisher's site. (Use link above)

Read sample Chapters and reviews on the publisher's site or go to this thread on this forum: [url]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-365502.0.html
[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do This When Someone Is Angry And Shouting At You / List Of Nigeria State Nd Federal Universities In Eastern Nd Western Part Of Nigeria That Stil Have M / Moment An Hajia Frowns At Indecently Dressed Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.