Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) (84396 Views)

Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2017
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by mofedamijo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
geometricaxis:

Like i always say, it is the uneducated/poorly educated, docile, uninformed, corrupt, imbecilic electorate/subjects that legitimizes the reign of misfits in public office, both Royal(in this instance) and elected political office holders. the same reason why you see nothing wrong is the same reason certain people were dancing when Ibori was released from prison. You people dont know any better and unfortunately for those of us who do, there are more of you than us and in a democracy the moronic majority will have it's way and thus prolong and entrench the reign of misfits in all facets of our public life.
The worst form of IGNORANCE is when u think u know something whereas unfortunately u know nothing,it is worse than cancer.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by daddyp76(m): 8:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
I think we still have elders in Ile-Ife who can tell this Ooni to respect the throne of Oduduwa, if he is truely chosen by Oracle.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by ariklawani(f): 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
Is a classic Modern King.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by sisisioge: 8:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
You cap for him head? He has tried grin

Long reign Arole Odudua.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by TKDEE(m): 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
is it their hand,person no fit stretch hand greet person again in peace
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by odigbosky(m): 8:53pm On Dec 19, 2017
9jaDoc:

You retain tradition and culture that fits your purpose. Either u aim to have an egalitarian, democratic society or u don't. The English would have scrapped the monarchy long ago if it wasn't for the tourist dollars it rains in. Even despite that a sizable portion of the English want it scrapped. This guy understands the transformation necessary to avoid the total ridiculousness of an anachronistic institution that outlived it's purpose long ago.

bro what about Japan. do you know the japanese parliament is trying its very best to ensure the imperial line doesn't die as the princes to the throne has drastically reduced. They are even considering the fact of extending the right to ascendancy to female royal members too. Some society still need that obsolete monarchy to keep the balance.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2017
fvck oni of ife and fvck atedola fvck all the asssholes complaining..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
Im not surprise Yoruba demons are money mongers...
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by samuk: 9:02pm On Dec 19, 2017
There are only 2 true kings in Nigeria, 1 in the North and 1 in South. You all know who they are.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by leye4u: 9:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
OrestesDante:
angry

∆ This is why I love russia! No time for Rubbish.. ∆
kosi ere ni moscow
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by jrusky(m): 9:09pm On Dec 19, 2017
I beg your pardon guys what is the big deal in this all i can see is humility that is all. Beside as I used to say poverty is mad and thunder fire poverty because if not for poverty 2 made guys exchanged greeting in gathering of billionaire and you an unemploy graduate or SS3 certificate holder still looking for cash to obtain your JAMB form here ranting hhhmmm...

Go and arrest the king then if you are not happy.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by olumidazz: 9:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
It goes beyond what you see. These guys are best of friends.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by rolams(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2017
so he should prostrate in that place abi? yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by erosimo(m): 9:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
geometricaxis:

yes he is continously embarrassing me and my culture as a proud yoruba man!!!

Sorry
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by hardbody: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2017
Topccy007:
Money Vs Power.... Which is better?

LIKE for money and SHARE for power.

No basis for comparison. Money IS Power

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by Fxwarrior: 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
The Ooni even use 2 hands. E remain small him go prostrate for Otedo billions. We are getting close to civilisation.

Where I go say Ooni wasup nah.

Him go reply: Not bad.
Nah so.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by MrCross: 10:05pm On Dec 19, 2017
Who Prostration Epp? undecided

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by MT: 10:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
I didn't feel like responding to this post
but decided to do so to avoid gross
misinformation.

The current Ooni of Ife is an multimillionaire
International Businessman and a chartered
accountant with heavy investments in property/real
estates in Lekki/Ajah in Lagos, Ogun, and the State of Osun. He owns Inagbe Grand Resort,
in Lagos, Furniture manufacturing company
and more in his group of companies.

He and other entrepreneurs introduced the Association of International Business
[AIN]in 2002/2003 into Nigeria and he made effective
use of it. I never knew he was from a Royal
family and would become the Ooni in the
future.

He is not a poor man. Yes he may be 43 year
as of 2017 but he has achieved what people
older than him have not been able to achieve
in terms of wealth and touching the lives
of people.

I do not see anything wrong with the way
he shook hands with Otedola. When Otedola
who is an Ijebu man fro Epe gets to the Palace
in Ile Ife, he would prostrate just like General
OLUSEGUN Obasanjo did in the full glare
of cameras when he visited Ooni Adeyeye
Ogunwusi.

All the best.

Point of correction sir, he is NOT a chartered accountant but rather a MEMBER of the Institute of Chartered Accountant.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by starz100: 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
Culture- crafted by man and can be re-crafted by same man. In other words all cultures evolved with time and nothing wrong if it re-evolves.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by kokomilala(m): 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
@Topccy007, they are bang,bang twins.If you want to test a man's character, give him power, opined the 16th American president,Abraham Lincoln. But,I say add money, its twin to that power and the true colour, character will come out like rats ferretted out of holes by smoke.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by Zedoo(m): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
The idiots talking about tradition are the same ones who want to do away with bride price....

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by matrixme(m): 11:06pm On Dec 19, 2017
Maybe they might be pals before he became the Ooni. So the reason for this familiar handshake
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by bornolowu(m): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Oni that bought ife chiefs kia sonata to bribe his way into becoming a king, or how do you explain that his father is still alive. Yoruba tradition died a long time ago , so Otedola been a man of principle has no business to have done more than he did!!!!!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by joinnow: 11:45pm On Dec 19, 2017
Contemporary Oni of Ife
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by jose4shizzle: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2017
The guy is civilized sha. Maybe he wants to Westernized the culture.

http://satoshibox.com/3excbgon4kq6fu3kswk628wy

http://satoshibox.com/7rdoxbhe7aaofttt2uqtrmf5
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by tevinsolt: 5:14am On Dec 20, 2017
This thread like many others continues to provide evidence that there are too many idiots in the Nigerian population.
I can't even wrap my head around this. smh

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by Konquest: 5:23am On Dec 20, 2017
MT:

Point of correction sir, he is NOT a chartered accountant but rather a MEMBER of the Institute of Chartered Accountant.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@MT

How do you mean? smiley

The Ooni read accounting in the higher
institution in Ibadan and as you indicated he is a MEMBER
of ICAN. Meaning that he has taken his
Profesional exams and he passed. Therefore he is a Chartered Accountant.

Cheers.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by Abiss19(m): 5:40am On Dec 20, 2017
Do you look at that picture closely?! Otedola actually genoflected before outstreching his hands to greet the Oba. Look closely.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by BOOMnaija(m): 5:41am On Dec 20, 2017
Why do pple worry more than the bereaved/aggreaved?
Honestly, if the whole effort used in criticising others is channelled towards bettering our own lives, there would be less poverty and more prosperity in d land.

Say no to Amebo!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 5:59am On Dec 20, 2017
geometricaxis:

Like I said the point of preserving royal institutions is for the preservation of culture, when you regularly act in a manner that does not preserve the culture or is not representative of the culture, we might as well scrap your office. because what he is projecting is the not yoruba culture...He is not just an ordinary Yoruba Oba. There are descendants of slavese in Haiti, Brazil, Cuba who are more in tune with yoruba culture and guarded it religiously and who are better ambassadors of yoruba culture than this Oba.

That's the point: the office needs to be scrapped. Yorubas have more than enough culture without any oba. It is an institution used to subjugate and claim superiority over those whose descendants are now championing it as culture instead of calling for it's abolition.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) by 9jaDoc(f): 6:16am On Dec 20, 2017
odigbosky:

bro what about Japan. do you know the japanese parliament is trying its very best to ensure the imperial line doesn't die as the princes to the throne has drastically reduced. They are even considering the fact of extending the right to ascendancy to female royal members too. Some society still need that obsolete monarchy to keep the balance.

What balance? Is America not doing better than Japan? What balance Is the oba keeping?
Yorubas have more than enough culture without any oba. It is an institution used to subjugate and claim superiority over those whose descendants are now championing it as culture instead of calling for it's abolition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests / Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Gwám Gwàm Gwâm (igbo Riddles)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.