Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) (15709 Views)

Aedc Is A Huge Scam!! / 18-Seater Bus Involved In Accident On Bida-Minna Road, People Dead (Graphic Pics / Corper Ebere Christian Dies In Accident Along Minna Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 20, 2017
By locking the office entrance of the transmission lines,they have made the situation worse.The Little light that comes is gone for three days now.
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by theuniqueone(m): 7:10am On Dec 20, 2017
9jakohai:

Am not a traditionalist, but knowing Nigerians, they probably will still bypass meters, and refuse to pay bills whatever the religion .

Most Europeans are arelligous, yet pay their power bills regularly.

Our problem, to me is that we don't rely on stable electric power for our revenue. We rely on exporting oil. Pagan nations like Japan have stable power because an hour's blackout can cause losses of billions to their treasury.

please, it is unfortunate that Nigerians are seen as criminals for a a grievous crimes being committed by the Discos. How will prepaid meters read when there is no power supply? Rather than ensure that every consumer is metered to enhance fairness, we have branded Nigerians criminal for the rip off and rape they suffer in the hands of power distributoin companies. Thanks God Nigerians are indolent people. If not, they would have massacred the idiots masquerading as power distribution companies. Vampires without conscience
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by toluxa1(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2017
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

This is a shameful protest!

Niger state with a glorious condensation of political heavy weights and major hydroelectric dams in the country still have not grown pass this level of childish display?

Na wa o.

I hope Alhaji Abubakar Bello Sani their useless governor is watching redundantly as usual.

BTW, the lady in the long flowing hijab looks like Shamsiya my ex in Chachanga, Minna. I still miss her sucking prowess.

Interestingly I know the lady standing next to her in glasses. We taught together at MAWO International school
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by zicoraads: 7:41am On Dec 20, 2017
danjumakolo:
By locking the office entrance of the transmission lines,they have made the situation worse.The Little light that comes is gone for three days now.
No, we deserved better than what we were getting. We are just waiting for the necessary approval from the authorities. They will do more than shut us down. We don't even want a shutdown, we want them to leave.

Nonsense and ingredients!
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by ayobase(m): 8:12am On Dec 21, 2017
symbianDON:
I repeat again, AEDC is the useless, the most insensitive and the most nonsensical EDC in Nigeria! I was in Abuja for 5days and not once was there a power outage where I stayed...not even for 5minutes...yet the same AEDC that serves Abuja well punishes Minna and other towns in Niger state for no reasonable reason.

Ask yourself.

why should they deny Minna supply, while Abuja enjoys supply?

it is business strategy. You simply supply where you get paid.

I also live in Abuja and Minna.

Nigerlites find it difficult in paying bills.

Besides, what are the elders in Minnq doing to intervene?
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by symbianDON(m): 10:00am On Dec 21, 2017
ayobase:

Ask yourself.

why should they deny Minna supply, while Abuja enjoys supply?

it is business strategy. You simply supply where you get paid.

I also live in Abuja and Minna.

Nigerlites find it difficult in paying bills.

Besides, what are the elders in Minnq doing to intervene?

good! i love your submission....however, i still think it's grossly unfair. while i'm not suggesting that minna and abuja should enjoy equal hours of electricity for obvious reasons, it's not asking too much to give minna and environs at least 15 to 18 hours of electricity daily considering that in nigeria, niger state contributes immensely to the national grid. all the hydro-electric dams (4: 1 is under construction) are in niger state. as for nigerlites not wanting to pay for electricity, i don't quite agree because most homes these days use prepaid electricity meters and for the homes that don't pay, it is the corrupt officials of the same AEDC that help them not pay correct bills and still remain connected.
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by ayobase(m): 9:58am On Dec 27, 2017
symbianDON:

good! i love your submission....however, i still think it's grossly unfair. while i'm not suggesting that minna and abuja should enjoy equal hours of electricity for obvious reasons, it's not asking too much to give minna and environs at least 15 to 18 hours of electricity daily considering that in nigeria, niger state contributes immensely to the national grid. all the hydro-electric dams (4: 1 is under construction) are in niger state. as for nigerlites not wanting to pay for electricity, i don't quite agree because most homes these days use prepaid electricity meters and for the homes that don't pay, it is the corrupt officials of the same AEDC that help them not pay correct bills and still remain connected.

I work in power sector, and it will be unnecessarily unfair making excuses in favour of these companies.

All the Dams in Niger State today are privatized.

Kainji Dam is being managed by Niger State Governor's father.

I also heard that Shiroro Dam is under the management of Abdusallam and Babangida.

These Generating Stations are being paid for services rendered.

Also, the total generated power in a day is never enough to supply every household at a time. And AEDC is entitled to 11% of about 200MW which only Abuja will consume without being enough.

The schedule of operation is to share this energy among four states, Abuja, Niger, Nasarawa, and Kogi, but mostly shared among 3 states minus some parts of Abuja.

When Niger State is on potential, Kogi and Nasarawa and some parts of Abuja are always out.

Kogi, Nasarawa and some parts of Abuja are to share 14hrs of supply a day with Niger State making use of 10hrs daily.

In all fainess, AEDC has been fair to Niger State.

If Nigerlites desire more supply, then they should approach these Generating Stations for dialogue.
Re: Massive Protest In Minna Against AEDC (Photos) by ayobase(m): 10:07am On Dec 27, 2017
symbianDON:

...as for nigerlites not wanting to pay for electricity, i don't quite agree because most homes these days use prepaid electricity meters and for the homes that don't pay, it is the corrupt officials of the same AEDC that help them not pay correct bills and still remain connected.

Just about 20 percent is on prepaid meter in Niger State, and with bypassing here and there.

The whole of Tunga is only about 36% metered, and about 90% Shiroro (Tundun Wada) metered.

Many indigenous locations (Barkin Sale, Chanchaga...) in Minna are fighting hard against prepaid meter. Most don't pay bills and they fight officials when they come for disconnection.

Yes, thr company has corrupt officials who have been sabotaging the efforts of the company, but many have been sacked and some under observation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biography Of Slay Queen Peace Olayemi Who Charges 40K To UnCloth On Whatsapp / Picture Of The Most Beautiful Igbo Girl In Nigeria / Where Can A Broke Guy Have Fun In Lagos This Xmas Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.