Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (32354 Views)

Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by holuwashezy(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2017
TheNigerialawyer contacted the senior, he said that the sister was not particularly well dressed.
He said it is not a strictly Hijab issue. TheNigerialawyer tried to interrogate him and he said the sister would be in a better position to explain what happened. The senior is also a Muslim brother.”

5 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by thaqib(m): 10:58pm On Dec 19, 2017
MrHistorian:
Professionalism doesn't necessarily translate to Intellectual competence.

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

Hasn't the education of such person proven to be a waste?

Haba! This your comment is unfortunate..

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by advocatebaba(m): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
In lil kesh voice "cause trouble". all this na just stunt, unnecessary arousal of selfish and controversial appetite. what is a norm is a norm regardless of your belief system. all those girls go dey form decency with ordinary cloth called Hijab but inside their heart and their doings, na sin full am. cover your inner self with Hijab b4 u display your outward appearance. can u imagine. in tekno's voice, " so so story, story everywhere oooo". c me c trouble oooo for this ninja.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by GGirll: 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2017
Law is law and not a respecter of persons or religion.....if it's not in Nigerian constitution why the brouhaha? This religion of peace that have always been in news across the globe for wrong reasons should please let d so called peace rain for a minute in Nigeria n in Nigerian courts of law I beg them with Islam this time

8 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by FRESHG(m): 11:01pm On Dec 19, 2017
ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA IS REAL. BUHARI LED ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT IS USING BABE FREEZE TO DESTABILIZE CHRISTIANITY IN NIGERIA.... REMEMBER THAT SIR AHMADU BELLO ONCE SAID THAT THEY WILL USE THE MINORITY SOUTHERNERS AS WILLING TOOLangry

11 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by FRESHG(m): 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2017
YALL CHRISTIANS SHOULD LISTEN TO ALCATRAZ005 AKA RESURGETXTIAN4. THE GUY IS MAKING ALOTA SENSE

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by FRESHG(m): 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2017
thaqib:

Haba! This your comment is unfortunate..
angry
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by FRESHG(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2017
bughead:
least you forget sharia Court don't accept female lawyer!

This is were the fool should have been fighting for her right undecided
YOU ARE VERY INTELLIGENT BRUH

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by policy12: 11:11pm On Dec 19, 2017
We dey come ooooooiiiiii

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by bughead: 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2017
policy12:

We dey come ooooooiiiiii

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by resurgentxtian4: 11:14pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

This muslim case is getting out of hand, let the legal bodies handle it carefully before they pick up arms

Let’s not get scared of them. There is no monopoly of violence anywhere. We must settle things like adults in this country. Kudos to the magistrate if it really happened.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by baqina(m): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Not again. The Muslim council should just take this issue up and eliminate any form of radicalism among their members..
This issue at hand is very simple .They should present their case to the relevant bodies in charge. They should make their plights known instead of causing tension every where.

The issue can be resolved without noise. They should stop using force.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
You have sense.
MrHistorian:
Professionalism doesn't necessarily translate to Intellectual competence.

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Aarenaija: 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2017
Why are these people always troublesome?

What is it about the religion that they won't just allow peace to rein ?

If you accept to be part of something, abide by the rules and regulations. If you can't, just don't go near it.

6 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by resurgentxtian4: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
FRESHG:
ISLAMIZATION OF NIGERIA IS REAL. BUHARI LED ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT IS USING BABE FREEZE TO DESTABILIZE CHRISTIANITY IN NIGERIA.... REMEMBER THAT SIR AHMADU BELLO ONCE SAID THAT THEY WILL USE THE MINORITY SOUTHERNERS AS WILLING TOOLangry

Yea, people like that prof Akintola of MURIC. What a scum! And our Muslim brothers in the SW have never called him to order but they hate FFK and Fayose. The ones on Nairaland even hate me inspite of the misguided e-wars I waged against igbos online. It is all about religion for them.

7 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by policy12: 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
bughead:
once lived in the north and I can tell you boldly! Those women wearing giant hijab, in the inside them don't wear any undies!

Once saw 4 legs seating outside at night with a giant hijab not knowing a man was inside the girl's hijab fvcking her outside undecided

Bros its normal stuff, Hijab is overrated in Abu where I grad d slang is One Head four legs, we understand ourselves. Hijab as a modesty as lost its value since 1956..Where I served in Pankshin plateau those hijab girl are highly corrupt, Here in Katsina, u hardly see a lady leg because dey hardly where short skirt a Hijab babe once give a friend a Mouth Action inside his car at Kofar Marusa, at Gaby Hotel one of the popular hotel in Katsina town you will see a lady with hijab smoking weed and so many atrocities. So enof of this hijab is a sign of modesty pls tell that to those who have not been to north or see it all in the north.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Jrevelation(m): 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
You have sense.

Hmmmm

Lemme run commot dis area
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by mywells: 11:21pm On Dec 19, 2017
while the men covered their wife face and look at another woman's face, it doesn't make sense, hijab is an Arab culture I don't know why Nigerian would love to adopt it all in the name of Islam.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Lilimax(f): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2017
What is all these hullabaloo on hijab. Every profession has its code of conduct and must be adhered to. By the way, this Reverend sister is a Lawyer also smiley

6 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:23pm On Dec 19, 2017
Hope say you nor dey vex o.
Jrevelation:

Hmmmm
Lemme run commot dis area
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by resurgentxtian4: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2017
baqina:
Not again. The Muslim council should just take this issue up and eliminate any form of radicalism among their members..
This issue at hand is very simple .They should present their case to the relevant bodies in charge. They should make their plights known instead of causing tension every where.

The issue can be resolved without noise. They should stop using force.

The MURIC press statement was horrific and full of threats that the mods on Nairaland decided not to bring it to the front page. They literally threatened to transmute into another Boko Haram if that girl is not called to bar. I was shocked at their rhetoric that I had to cover my mouth where I sat. We really need to sit down and talk in this country. I am disappointed that CAN has not come out to denounce the use of threats by MURIC to all Christians over a matter that mainly concerns the CLE. Even the NBA is currently split along religious lines that it would take years for the wounds to heal (After A.B.Mahmud’s tenure as NBA President).

Christians should however not waver and wait for the muslims to do their worst in this matter. Let’s ignore them like Donald Trump ignored them over the Jerusalem matter. They must learn to sit down and discuss issues like adults instead of employing violence as the first resort.

9 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Jrevelation(m): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hope say you nor dey vex o.

You can argue lol
Its okay
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by gaskiyamagana: 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2017
[quote author=MrHistorian post=63438734]Professionalism doesn't necessarily translate to Intellectual competence.

It is not a waste as long as she got there without your moral, finacial or spiritual support.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by baysol: 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Two things to be detested most both start with I are Islam and IPOB because they are both synonymous with. Lack of peace, corruption, lack love, dicrimination, crime, inordinate behavior.....add yours to this and it will just fit right.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2017
The law profession should be seen as religiously neutral.People making an issue out of nothing.Watched your view on TVC today and I was so surprised at the way the guests were biased on the issue.I have nothing against wearing of the hijab but there are laws already and if you don't like it challenge or change it.This country has better issues to solve and not irrelevant one's which we all seem to be interested in.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by excanny: 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Afam4eva:
This people just wan dey cause trouble. I think sharia court is still accepting lawyers. If you can't abide by the modus operandi of a secular court then go elsewhere.

She can never get a job in Sharia court for being a woman. I don't know why they turn against a system that gives them freedom.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by SalamRushdie: 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2017
Strange enough this same women that are not even allowed to step into sharia court will come to the secular court and be claiming Islamic rights

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by baqina(m): 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

The MURIC press statement was horrific and full of threats that the mods on Nairaland decided not to bring it to the front page. They literally threatened to transmute into another Boko Haram if that girl is not called to bar. I was shocked at their rhetoric that I had to cover my mouth where I sat. We really need to sit down and talk in this country. I am disappointed that CAN has not come out to denounce the use of threats by MURIC to all Christians over a matter that mainly concerns the CLE. Even the NBA is currently split along religious lines that it would take years for the wounds to heal (After A.B.Mahmud’s tenure as NBA President).

Christians should however not waver and wait for the muslims to do their worst in this matter. Let’s ignore them like Donald Trump ignored them over the Jerusalem matter. They must learn to sit down and discuss issues like adults instead of employing violence as the first resort.

I am surprised myself with what I have been reading... This is a very simple case but the use of force will lead to nowhere . One section should not mandate and compel d other to bend its rule keep their own intact.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2017
Jrevelation:

You can argue lol Its okay
Oga sir goodnight o nor vex.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by resurgentxtian4: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2017
baysol:
Two things to be detested most both start with I are Islam and IPOB because they are both synonymous with. Lack of peace, corruption, lack love, dicrimination, crime, inordinate behavior.....add yours to this and it will just fit right.

Please don’t include Igbos amongst the problems because those guys are fighting to be free from the shackles of northern muslim expansionism that is being witnessed in Nigeria.

The Muslims need to come out and say what they really want and stop hiding behind that ugly girl to forment trouble. They have destroyed the NBA with their plans now that the President of the body (an hitherto honorable man) has lost his credibility before all Christian lawyers.

The muslims must come out straight so we can know where else to turn in Nigeria. We Christians can always allow them to form an Islamic State but we would not be part of it.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Ada Mike‎, Lady Who Assembles Keke Napep In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.