Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (32357 Views)

Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by resurgentxtian4: 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2017
baqina:

I am surprised myself with what I have been reading... This is a very simple case but the use of force will lead to nowhere . One section should not mandate and compel d other to bend its rule keep their own intact.

They have been threatening fire and brimstone. It is not a fabricated story or propaganda!

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Jrevelation(m): 11:41pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Oga sir goodnight o nor vex.

Hmmmm

Lol

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by pedrilo: 11:43pm On Dec 19, 2017
Very good! Chase them away with their rags.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Olabenjamen22(m): 12:01am On Dec 20, 2017
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Vivere: 12:10am On Dec 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Strange enough this same women that are not even allowed to step into sharia court will come to the secular court and be claiming Islamic rights
Oooh..and I just talk say I no go laugh this night?! cheesy wink grin

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Infamous(m): 12:24am On Dec 20, 2017
The people on page 0 obviously didn't read the piece.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by emmanuelex1(m): 12:34am On Dec 20, 2017
They will shout ISLAMOPHOBIA even when they know their stupid acts. #MUSLIMS STOP THE CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE
thunder74:
Mr. Komolafe, the Magistrate of Court 11 Magistrate Court, Ogba, Lagos had earlier today been reported to have denied a female Muslim counsel audience in court for appearing before the court with her hijab covering her head; she had tucked in her hijab in her colarette.

According to an eye witness’ account who had a matter in court 20, there were only five matters on the cause list, so he had to move to court 11 where he witnessed the scenario.

According to him, the lady was to appear with a senior lawyer, who then had to withdraw her appearance because the Magistrate will not let their matter go on.
However when TheNigerialawyer spoke with an eye witness the information gathered reveals some details somehow different from the first.

TheNigerialawyer first spoke with an eye witness in the courtroom when the incident happened and he said the sister was supposed to be led by a senior. When the senior announced his appearance and wanted to announce the appearance of the sister, the Magistrate cautioned him and said that Hijab is not allowed in her courtroom. When TheNigerialawyer contacted the senior, he said that the sister was not particularly well dressed.

He said it is not a strictly Hijab issue. TheNigerialawyer tried to interrogate him and he said the sister would be in a better position to explain what happened. The senior is also a Muslim brother.”

Speaking further, he noted that he called the sister’s number and it was presently not available.

The alleged action by the learned magistrate has resulted to reactions from lawyers in the Legal community. According to an Anonymous commenter, counsel, whether male or female are not expected to appear before the magistrate covered. In his words, such rule only applies to counsel appearing before a judge in the High Court and other Superior courts of record.

TheNigerialawyer recalls that there is currently an issue heating the legal community about a female law school student by name Amasa Firdaus who was not allowed entrance into the International Conference Centre for failing to expose her ear lobes because he had covered same with a Hijab, a material worn by females of the Islamic faith.

http://thenigerialawyer.com/just-in-magistrate-denies-a-muslim-counsel-audience-for-wearing-hijab/

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by arrestdarrester: 12:53am On Dec 20, 2017
This is what the religion of 'peace' does everywhere. Assault people's sensibilities with the obscene and blackmail you for reacting. Your religion is your right, so others religion is their right too. If everybody insist on their right in this manner where would society be?

Some people have to be taught how to coexist with others in a society.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by arrestdarrester: 12:56am On Dec 20, 2017
bughead:
least you forget sharia Court don't accept female lawyer!

This is were the fool should have been fighting for her right undecided

If this is true then the hijab lawyer is just looking for trouble. Confused people

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by bughead: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2017
arrestdarrester:

If this is true then the hijab lawyer is just looking for trouble. Confused people
very very true!

Sharia court don't allow female lawyer!

Didn't you notice our peace brothers ain't saying anything about this? Cos them know.

8 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by akigbemaru: 1:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Afam4eva:
This people just wan dey cause trouble. I think sharia court is still accepting lawyers. If you can't abide by the modus operandi of a secular court then go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 20, 2017
7Alexander:
Why do I feel that this is just a ruse, just to give credence to the Law girl's case

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by zoedew: 2:08am On Dec 20, 2017
By the admission of the subject Law graduate involved the act is premeditated.
It is more honourable to ask the COLEG beforehand to vary the Regulation dress rules in a manner that will allow for the use of the hijab. The input of all stakeholders would have been had and lless tension generated. Lawyers follows rules and procedures guided by judicial precedents.
To apply to be called by subscribing her names to the necessary documents certifying her to be a fit and proper person to be called to the Nigerian Bar and then eat the 3 nos. mandatory Dinners properly dressed only to do a volte -face at the Call To Bar ceremonies insisting on wearing the hijab would appear ignoble, unprofessional and most unbecoming of an aspiring member of our noble profession where honour and integrity is sine qua non.
It is better in my view to see the matter as not religious but quasi-religious for obvious reasons. To say it is a religious matter and imports a denial of her fundamental rights to freedom of worship posits the divisive and leaves other Nigerians with the impression that this is all about taqqiya and that Islam takes no prisoners. That, if correct, will be a tall order and leave Nigeria in ruins. We have to live and let live. This is about being honourable and ethical and it is better left at that.
Muslims appear to relish fishing in troubled waters via the instrumentality of Taqqiya. This is not about Islamophobia or folks not being tolerant of Islam. Truth is, the concept of Islamophobia itself is classic Taqqiya. Where Muslims are really headed is an Islamic society world-over. That is the victim card NSCIA is playing with The Sultan about to lead a public protest ostensibly in protection of their innocent little Sister in Islam who is being “persecuted” by the Nigerian Law School! If Islam will get all its want we will end up with an Islamic Republic of Nigeria on our hands and the earlier we come to terms with that and engage it the better for us! Truth is, Islam takes no prisoners! Muslims had better wake up and smell the coffee!! To think they can make everyone everywhere Islamic by stealth, sleight, force and all is something that won’t happen!!!

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by DedeNkem: 2:33am On Dec 20, 2017
The North wants to force their religion on everyone!! There are rules, if you don't want to follow them then don't become a member.

6 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by bombay: 2:53am On Dec 20, 2017
No wahala na to wear cele garment and cap go court no shaking.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Kamoryemi2580(m): 3:08am On Dec 20, 2017
to all the islamophobes on NL opening their Garbage mouth to spew rubbish..... We will, we will rock you!!!!!��� so STFU and watch
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by vaca1: 3:24am On Dec 20, 2017
Kamoryemi2580:
to all the islamophobes on NL opening their Garbage mouth to spew rubbish..... We will, we will rock you!!!!!��� so STFU and watch
This Hijab nonsense will never sell. They are just wasting their time like they normally do. They should take their matter to Sharia court. Simple!!!

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by TTLegacy: 4:28am On Dec 20, 2017
Afam4eva:
This people just wan dey cause trouble. I think sharia court is still accepting lawyers. If you can't abide by the modus operandi of a secular court then go elsewhere.
'Modus Operandi of a secular court ' of a court of 18th century established by your father abi. I don't think freedom is a cause in any international arrangements? Hijab is not exceptional, why can't I ware my Hijab because because of English law from xtianity? # Justice 4Fridaus# must address Hijab issue in Nigeria at all cost. To hell with secularism that denies free!
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by YelloweWest: 4:37am On Dec 20, 2017
The same way you can't wear shoe or sit with a man at mosque, that's the same way you can't wear hijab to court or at any council of legal education function.
The rules are the rules. Each organisation has rules.

If u don't like it, don't be a lawyer!

Cos the day hijab is allowed we in the south will show up in our traditional attire!
Nigeria dose not belong to moslems alone.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by onadana: 4:43am On Dec 20, 2017
MrHistorian:
Professionalism doesn't necessarily translate to Intellectual competence.

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

Hasn't the education of such person proven to be a waste?

nothing concern religious fanatics with education..oo

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by onadana: 4:47am On Dec 20, 2017
TTLegacy:

'Modus Operandi of a secular court ' of a court of 18th century established by your father abi. I don't think freedom is a cause in any international arrangements? Hijab is not exceptional, why can't I ware my Hijab because because of English law from xtianity? # Justice 4Fridaus# must address Hijab issue in Nigeria at all cost. To hell with secularism that denies free!

This has never being an issue..why now?Why do you people like causing problems. Is wearing hijab the pressing issue now in Nigeria? Or is it by force to be a lawyer? Trouble makers.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by YelloweWest: 4:48am On Dec 20, 2017
TTLegacy:

My dear u can wear hijab.
Just not to our courts and law school.
Those are the rules!
It is a rule in the Muslim faith that men and women cannot sit together. U people obey it.
Every organisation has rules!
They MUST be obeyed.

In my church u can't show up with your hair open. Those are the rules of my church. If anyone does not like it, find another church and not try to change the rules which is widely accepted by many.

You moslems should comprehend that the world does not evolve around you guys!
If you female Moslem lawyer don't like the rules of council of legal education and NBA, find another profession or create Islamic law school applicable to sharia courts only!

Nigeria dose not belong to moslems alone!
If hijab is allowed (which will never happen) we Christians will show up with our traditional attire or just push for wig and gown to be scrapped at once!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 20, 2017
If only the lay Muslims will understand that the elite Muslims are using them for personal aggrandizement grin grin grin

Buhari daughter was called to bar. Was she wearing hijab? No!
Did the father disown her? No!grin
Did Allah disown her? We do not know! undecided undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by mechanics(m): 5:10am On Dec 20, 2017
MrHistorian:

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

Mr Historian I see you.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 20, 2017
MrHistorian:

one of the problems of social media is that anybody can come online to spew rubbish and bigots like him like the comment just because it suit them.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Reference(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2017
When we say restructure Nigeria they think it is a joke. A storm is coming.

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 20, 2017
datola:
If this is allowed, those criminals fighting the cause of their so called religion will hide under the veil to commit crime.

nairaland christians make me laugh, u come online , abuse islam and muslims, yet u go around saying ur religion is peaceful despite u guys being the most hateful set of people on nairaland, yet u guys still have the nerve to call ur religion peaceful, no wonder even seun dont take u guys serious. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2017
Ruggedfitness:

This muslim case is getting out of hand, let the legal bodies handle it carefully before they pick up arms

In Other News
Check Out The Photos Of The Woman Labelled As The Ugliest Woman In The World
http://www.realfitbody.com/2017/12/viral-photos-of-woman-labelled-as.html

u just bleeped up big time, a blogger wanting traffic to his site and who want sucess dont go online to spew hate speech and ridicule on another religion or tribe, u just lost a lot of ur muslim readers.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by OshoOO(m): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2017
My training in Counter Terrorism taught me that Radicalism is when you challenge establish State structures and systems with your religious or cultural believes.

If you have agreed to live in a secular state, you give up certain believe system to accommodate other people. If you cannot abide by it, You are Radical

5 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Lukgaf(m): 6:39am On Dec 20, 2017
Afam4eva:

but mind u, it is not secular court, it is Christian court. if it is secular u will allow people use their Hijab. You people are terrorist. Haaaba. will they put on ur head?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends / How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Ada Mike‎, Lady Who Assembles Keke Napep In Anambra State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.