Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab (32328 Views)

Abuja Magistrate Orders Lawyer Handcuffed, Jailed For Challenging Him / Meet Dele Taiwo, Magistrate In Ondo State (Photos) / PHOTO: Muslim Lady Denied Being Called To The Nigerian Bar For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by alBHAGDADI: 6:41am On Dec 20, 2017
olaade714:

nairaland christians make me laugh, u come online , abuse islam and muslims, yet u go around saying ur religion is peaceful despite u guys being the most hateful set of people on nairaland, yet u guys still have the nerve to call ur religion peaceful, no wonder even seun dont take u guys serious. Rubbish
Islam is abusive enough. When people point that out, you Muslims call them all sorts of names.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Rashduct4luv(m): 6:53am On Dec 20, 2017
MrHistorian:
Professionalism doesn't necessarily translate to Intellectual competence.

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

Hasn't the education of such person proven to be a waste?

No it's never a waste. The law recognises the fundamentals human rights of Freedom of religion. If Muslims say hijab is part of their dressing, then who are you to go against them since the law is in line with their actions. And going to school shouldn't relegate our religion. I hope you get the gist. Whether highly educated or not, hijab is the dressing of a Muslim female.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by emmie14: 6:57am On Dec 20, 2017
bughead:
Why can't she just go to Sharia Court and practice her right there ... undecided

Ohh! Just remember that sharia court don't accept female lawyer.
The don't accept women lawyers and want to adulterate the court of law. Muslims are confusionists with one sided laws.

4 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Myde4naija(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2017
MrHistorian:

How do you explain a certified lawyer approved by NBA and other legal bodies wear a veil or hijab to the law court on the basis of Religious adherence.

well composed rubbish

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Holyvurgin17(m): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2017
We worship sango in our family, don't worry anytime I have case in court I will come in my complete sango regalia grin
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Holyvurgin17(m): 7:18am On Dec 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

No it's never a waste. The law recognises the fundamentals human rights of Freedom of religion. If Muslims say hijab is part of their dressing, then who are you to go against them since the law is in line with their actions. And going to school shouldn't relegate our religion. I hope you get the gist. Whether highly educated or not, hijab is the dressing of a Muslim female.
Whether highly educated or not Sango regalia is the dressing of a sango female grin

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Abee79(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2017
It is clear from this post that some miscreants are bent on causing disaffection among Nigerians with this hijab issue. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Asazwalingwa: 7:32am On Dec 20, 2017

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by enilove(m): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2017
Rashduct4luv:

Religion should submit to the law of the land. The land or country is the keeper of peace not religion organisations.
Everyone cannot be allowed to put on whatever they like just because their religion allows it.

Every organisation has it rules and regulation guiding its operations. Professional bodies have codes of conduct which the members must follow.
These codes of conduct must be adhered to by every member and aspiring member.

Removal of hijab is not removal of pants and braziers.
If every one is allowed to wear whatever they wish because of their religion or fundamental human rights some will put on rubbish and nonsense things.

How would it look if police women starts putting on hijab and church caps on their uniforms.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by babajeje123(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2017
Lukgaf:

but mind u, it is not secular court, it is Christian court. if it is secular u will allow people use their Hijab. You people are terrorist. Haaaba. will they put on ur head?
What makes it a Christian court and if you insist it is, then why do you want hijab there? When did hijab become part of Christian dressing?

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by HSfoundation(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
bughead:
least you forget sharia Court don't accept female lawyer!

This is were the fool should have been fighting for her right undecided

So a person that is unrecognized in the Sharia court which takes it's origin from the Islamic religion and is enshrined in the constitution .....I think this is this case of flogging a dead horse.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by tete7000(m): 8:04am On Dec 20, 2017
Nigeria and drama. It seems like it is one day, one drama. A country of lawlessness. How can women who won't be allow to appear as lawyers in Sharia court decide to enforce a religious right in a secular court? If we are to go by the code of their religion, they really suppose to be persona non grata in the court in the first place. Yet their Muslim brethren vow to protest and cause uproar. Are they not suppose to first carry the protest to Sharia court first to get their women right recognised?, after which the rest of us can now listen to them. Sometimes it just baffles one how irrational human beings can sometimes be.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by tete7000(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Islam is abusive enough. When people point that out, you Muslims call them all sorts of names.

No!, they declare fatwa and cut the person head off.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Lukgaf(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2017
babajeje123:

What makes it a Christian court and if you insist it is, then why do you want hijab there? When did hijab become part of Christian dressing?

It is a Christian Court because we were colonised by white men who were Christian. I'm just telling u so that u don't say again court is a secular place. if it is a secular then u sud allow Muslims use their Hijab
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Kamoryemi2580(m): 8:14am On Dec 20, 2017
vaca1:
This Hijab nonsense will never sell. They are just wasting their time like they normally do. They should take their matter to Sharia court. Simple!!!

well it's your word against the law I guess....
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by babajeje123(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Lukgaf:

It is a Christian Court because we were colonised by white men who were Christian. I'm just telling u so that u don't say again court is a secular place. if it is a secular then u sud allow Muslims use their Hijab
Okay, Nigeria is an Islamic state cos we have sharia law embedded in our constitution, Arabic writings on our currency and some Muslim states in a supposedly secular country. So, what do you have to say?

3 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by nonut: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2017
resurgentxtian4:

Yea, people like that prof Akintola of MURIC. What a scum! And our Muslim brothers in the SW have never called him to order but they hate FFK and Fayose. The ones on Nairaland even hate me inspite of the misguided e-wars I waged against igbos online. It is all about religion for them.
Keep waging the misguided war against the Igbos.
You're currently standing alone.
Why do you think Igbos in that section call them yoruba Muslims instead of just Yorubas?
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Vivere: 8:41am On Dec 20, 2017
DedeNkem:
The North wants to force their religion on everyone!! There are rules, if you don't want to follow them then don't become a member.

The North? Are you saying there are no Muslims in the South??

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ruggedfitness: 8:49am On Dec 20, 2017
olaade714:
u just bleeped up big time, a blogger wanting traffic to his site and who want sucess dont go online to spew hate speech and ridicule on another religion or tribe, u just lost a lot of ur muslim readers.
Its more than that dear, the case of fulani herdsmen started when they were not allowed to graze and not because they were chased with guns and cutlass, there is the case of shite muslims which is still unsolved, remember boko haram yes they are there, the muslims feel challenged whenever anyone stands against them and this is such, all over the world a muslim protest always incure voilence i could give you links as proof. So my opinion comes from this point of view.
I am not trying to incite hate but stating according to the way i see them, I am sorry it sounded like hate speech.

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by adams123: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2017
enilove:

Religion should submit to the law of the land. The land or country is the keeper of peace not religion organisations.
Everyone cannot be allowed to put on whatever they like just because their religion allows it.

Every organisation has it rules and regulation guiding its operations. Professional bodies have codes of conduct which the members must follow.

If every one is allowed to wear whatever they wish because of their religion or fundamental human rights some will put on rubbish and nonsense things.

How would it look if police women starts putting on hijab and church caps on their uniforms.

Hijab is compulsory for Muslim ladies. Is church caps compulsory for christains? Religion should come first because hereafter is everlasting so why should we exchange it with this temporary world

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Vivere: 9:09am On Dec 20, 2017
enilove:

These people won't listen. In their eyes, the hijab is what will make their women enter heaven....not their good works, devotion or pious attitude.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Samzor: 9:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Is this next issue to come now(female lawyer with hijab) which way NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by omodave(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2017
Just observing the whole issue......
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by eph12(m): 9:43am On Dec 20, 2017
adams123:

Hijab is compulsory for Muslim ladies. Is church caps compulsory for christains? Religion should come first because hereafter is everlasting so why should we exchange it with this temporary world
You can't use faith, believe and other components of religion to judge law cases. There will be chaos. Religion cannot come first because it lacks logic

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Ridwanna(m): 9:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Y are we too sentimental in this country. We adopted our legal laws, our Constitution, DOs and DON'Ts in our law system from British and America and their laws were designed to favor the Christian religion. These Nations have upgraded their laws to accommodate other religions.

If Nigeria is secular country as claimed by many, Sundays should be a working day and not a work-free day i.e an hour shud be spare for prayers and workers shud return to their various work places like Fridays. Or better still, make Friday a work-free day.

Must I put ma profession over ma religion. Y shud religion be a basis of stereotyping a particular set of people.

Christians are too selfish on dis matter at hand

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Vivere: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2017
Ridwanna:
Y are we too sentimental in this country. We adopted our legal laws, our Constitution, DOs and DON'Ts in our law system from British and America and their laws were designed to favor the Christian religion. These Nations have upgraded their laws to accommodate other religions.

If Nigeria is secular country as claimed by many, Sundays should be a working day and not a work-free day i.e an hour shud be spare for prayers and workers shud return to their various work places like Fridays. Or better still, make Friday a work-free day.

Must I put ma profession over ma religion. Y shud religion be a basis of stereotyping a particular set of people.

Christians are too selfish on dis matter at hand

No, it is you folks that are too selfish and backward. sad These working days (Monday - Friday) are a standard feature, in many countries worldwide. You always elevate your religion above your profession, even when both are not mutually entwined.

The only part your religion should play in your profession, is to ensure that you exhibit honesty, integrity, hardwork, transparency, accountability, thoroughness, skill and accuracy in the way you do your job. That's all. No need to bring any other religious practice into the workplace.

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by lawalluck: 10:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Most of these learned Fellows are not after all learned. They lack basic understanding of theconstitution they carry around. If only they had known what fundamental rights entail, they wouldn't have put up such behaviour.
Hijab is one of fundamental rights of Muslim women and it does not trample on other people's rights. It has never lost court cases and it's not going to lose this time around too. Continuous antagonism to Muslim rights would rather make them stronger and agitate for more that were hitherto suppressed.
Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by smogup: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2017
TTLegacy:

'Modus Operandi of a secular court ' of a court of 18th century established by your father abi. I don't think freedom is a cause in any international arrangements? Hijab is not exceptional, why can't I ware my Hijab because because of English law from xtianity? # Justice 4Fridaus# must address Hijab issue in Nigeria at all cost. To hell with secularism that denies free!
you and ur fridaus should go to sharia court to practice. Anofia

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by delishpot: 10:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Dem no dey riot over useful thigs. Na headtie naim important pass for them out of all the bad things wey dey happen for Africa? We have deeply sold out mehn!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Vivere: 10:13am On Dec 20, 2017
lawalluck:
Most of these learned Fellows are not after all learned. They lack basic understanding of theconstitution they carry around. If only they had known what fundamental rights entail, they wouldn't have put up such behaviour.
Hijab is one of fundamental rights of Muslim women and it does not trample on other people's rights. It has never lost court cases and it's not going to lose this time around too. Continuous antagonism to Muslim rights would rather make them stronger and agitate for more that were hitherto suppressed.

Let them practice their fundamental rights in the Sharia court. undecided

The Council of Legal Education is very clear on what kind of clothes can be worn to court by lawyers and to the call to bar ceremonies. If they do not wear hijab, does it mean they will not be able to function?

Justice Aloma Mariam Mukhtar a Nigerian jurist and former Chief Justice of Nigeria from July 2012 to November 2014, was called to the English Bar in November, 1966. Did she ever wear a hijab as part of her wig and gown to the court, or to dispense justice? shocked

How come NSCIA did not advocate that female Muslim lawyers should wear hijab to court, during her tenure? Do you know how many female Muslims have been called to bar, since 1962, when the law school started in Nigeria?

So those female Muslim lawyers did not know about the fundamental rights of wearing hijabs?

Your Sharia courts do not admit women as practising counsels. So why haven't you protested against that denial of their fundamental human right?

1 Like

Re: Magistrate Denies A Muslim Counsel Audience For Wearing Hijab by Abdulmujeeb52(m): 10:27am On Dec 20, 2017
tete7000:

No!, they declare fatwa and cut the person head off.
Being porous of the social media has given person like you guts to spew whatever you know and you didn't ,that aside , have you ever seen where one's head is being cut off ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Moved From Management Trainee To Assistant Manager Within 4 Years. / Which Company(ies) Takes Their Staffs Abroad For Training? / Daniel Joshua Reveals Why He Returned 3 Months N-Power Stipends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.