Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio (7760 Views)

JAMB Sanctions Officials For Asking Female Student To Remove Her Hijab / My Daughter Not Allowed To Write JAMB With Her Hijab On - Man Raises Alarm / Check Out A Woman Climbed An Electric Pole With Her Hijab ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by albacete(m): 4:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
ONY3KAH:

Why didn't she just study islamic law? Instead of bringing her extrimism to public glare. Some Muslims self.... with una mumuric association
Zane2point4:

Extremists, this is exactly why boko haram thrive,

So naija is now an Islamic state,pls go to saudi arabia or iran, am sure your type will fight for American visa.

When will you launch your own terrorist movement ?
excanny:

She can apply to Sharia court for job or try others jobs like selling in the market where she can wear hijab all day all night to please Allah.
Deckline:
The girl is just being stupid,brainless,senseless,useless and lifeless jare. Islam has ruined her life now. #sense is scarce. Muslims have problem. They act so wierd!!!
ReinaFarine:

I really wish my Muslim Brothers and sisters can understand this:
No one is persecuting her for her religion. She is not under any compulsion to practice law. If her quest for knowledge clashes with the laws of Allah, she should choose Allah (S.W.T.).

If it is his will for her to practice law he will create a way for it. She should have appealed for a change in the Law School Bye laws from her first year. It is not a hard thing for God to do. But this action of hers just screams rebellion.

Deeper life bible church expressly forbids it members from selling liquor. Let's say DLBC member applies for a job in Nigerian brewery, and gets hired. Will it be reasonable for this individual to refuse to work because it is a sin against the Lord but will want to be paid?
What will you say if CAN or PFN or Just DLBC members in general take placards and start protest on the behalf of this member?

A traditionalist that is forbidden from seeing blood wants to become a Medical doctor and he/she refuses to perform any operation because it is against his/her religion yet, she wants to be inducted as a surgeon?

If she was in school before the law was introduced, precedence might occur. It might be said that she was targeted because of her belief. But she knew of this law before applying for the course. If it was something she couldn't abide by, she should have switched to Islamic law (the higher law). You can't eat your cake and have it. You can't be inducted while wearing your hijab. I think if designed properly, the wig can cover the hair up to a reasonable extent.

I just pray Nigerians will be blessed with understanding. If this Lady is inducted, then it means I will declare any day I choose as a special day for my 'god' as a traditionalist and bring the whole of the country to halt on that day. No work, no business, nothing because the laws of the land should come second to any word I hear from my 'god'.

If I do that today, Atheist Celebrate Darwin's day as public holiday, Agnostics celebrate on Sunday and the god of wood on Monday, the god of fish on Wednesday, then the whole country will be controlled by the whims of men in the name of one god or the other. But these laws are no respecter of persons, religion, gender, age, tribe or wealth.

If you can't live by them why don't you just avoid situations that will call that to question?

See oh, in my house, you must walk around naked as you were created. If that is against your beliefs, then don't come. If the dress code of the induction is against you beliefs, then don't be induced.
^^ More wisdom fall on you all.

ReinaFarine:

I tire oh!
My fear is that Nigeria will bend to this case because they are using the victimisation and islamophobia banner. It is not seen as insubordination of a girl against the rules of a school. It is seen as persecution of Muslims by Christians. And because of how trigger happy most of our sorry to say 'so-called' Islamic brothers are, it is better to give them what they want that suffer blood shed and violence.
They can do shi. t. This is Federal Republic of Nigeria, not Islamic Republic like we have in Iran. Nigeria is not, and will never be an Islamic country.
Qtsnow:

Attention: Whomsoever wrote this article should know and let it stick to its medula oblaganta that the LAW of ALLAH (Shariá/Islamic LAW) is far above and superior to/than any man-made promogate/constituted law, no matter who/whom may have written it. ''Whosoever brings anything other than islam will be rejected from him and will be amongst the losers on the Last Day.''
Does Nigeria look like your mosque?
Does "whosoever " apply to non muslims in that quote?
So, if I eat pork, I will lose on the Last Day? Even though I'm not a Muslim.
You can't even interpret the Quran well and you are here forming religious fanatic.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2017
Deckline:

Where did you get that picture from? Thats my aunt.

So is dat an achievement now, abi? FOOL!
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
ReinaFarine:

I tire oh!
My fear is that Nigeria will bend to this case because they are using the victimisation and islamophobia banner. It is not seen as insubordination of a girl against the rules of a school. It is seen as persecution of Muslims by Christians. And because of how trigger happy most of our sorry to say 'so-called' Islamic brothers are, it is better to give them what they want that suffer blood shed and violence.
But is that fair?

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by uckennety(m): 8:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

Attention: Whomsoever wrote this article should know and let it stick to its medula oblaganta that the LAW of ALLAH (Shariá/Islamic LAW) is far above and superior to/than any man-made promogate/constituted law, no matter who/whom may have written it. ''Whosoever brings anything other than islam will be rejected from him and will be amongst the losers on the Last Day.''

Ode if law of Allah is superior pls go study and practice it in sharia court

Please don't try that fuckery in federal republic of Nigeria court!

Or if your pissed pls create your own country n make it Islamic

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by HallaDaTruth: 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2017
Are we still talking about that ugly lady that refused to take away her heejab

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by jstar376(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
Shai del will accept it when cherubim will wear dia white with bare foot to such occasion?

3 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Codes151(m): 9:15pm On Dec 20, 2017
It’s allowed

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by hamzeiy: 9:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
albacete:

Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admission To The Nigerian Bar.

So as people keep on raving about the lady who refused to remove her Hijab when she was about to be called to bar, an eye witness, has shared what actually happened during the course of the controversy.

This eye witness, who shares his own view of the whole saga, happens to be one of the officials who screened the aspirants at that time.

He wrote:

I witnessed the baring of the lady from gaining entry into the call auditorium. Kindly note that I was part of the officials that screened Aspirants to the Bar on that very day and I participated in the entry screening for the four batches that were called on those two days.
J
I witnessed the whole drama … You don’t have an idea of the attitude of that religious extremist of a lady who was not ready to submit her personal sentiments to the rules of this profession. .. See eehh we have what we call “regulation dress code for ladies” in the legal profession.. The attire is clearly spelt out in our code of conduct book.. Hijab is obviously not part of it and you must deal with that obvious fact…

All our laws should not be bent for every wave of religious doctrines or practices… otherwise we won’t have a functional and fair law… My religion makes us believe that black represents evil..should I now wear white suit to law school or for my call to bar because of my religion?

There were over a thousand Muslim ladies we screened for the two days I was on duty ..why should her case be different ? We asked her to step aside and remove her hijab… Imaging about 5 law school lecturers from Abuja campus begging a mere aspirant to the bar to do the right thing and she bluntly refused. Pls we should stop giving this misfit of a lady an undue publicity for such an unpardonable display of crude rudeness to constituted authorities.

Denying her access to the call hall did not in any way violate her right to freedom of worship under Sections 38 or 39 of the 1999 CFRN , We all know that none of the rights enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 CFRN is absolute. The denial was fair, proper and lawful. Note that some Christians prohibit wearing of trouser by ladies , but they allow their ladies wear it during their NYSC . Will you say they are not serious with their religion?

Pls we should all jointly condemn this misbehavior of the lady in question and put an end to this emotional sentiments we project here…

Buhari’s daughter during her call to bar last year… She wasn’t putting on her hijab ..but she wears it to any other places she goes…

I have met this Buhari’s daughter twice at Coscharis Office in Abuja and at both occasions she wore her hijab, but never wore it during her stay in law school or on her call day… The lady should go to court if she feels she is above the law or that Islam is superior our circular laws.

This country is not an Islamic State and will never be … If she is not ready to submit to the rules of the profession, she should as well go and study Islamic studies and bash her PHD in it.

I hope nobody will raise an eye brow if a Revd. Father insists that he should be called wearing his cassock and rosary? Hope you will be ok to attend a call to bar ceremony in the nearest future only to see a man wearing a red skirt decorated with cowries because that is what the gods have asked him to wear?

Do you know how many christians whose faith does not support the wearing of trousers but are compelled to do during the compulsory service? During NDA passing out parade, women (including muslim female soilders) cut their hair to the skin. No strand of hair is allowed on your hair let alone hijab. How many persons have challenged that?

The dress code for lawyers in Nigeria predates Nigeria. If you bend a little, you will have to continue to bend to allow other religions and faith at the end of the day the beauty of the profession will be lost. Law is not for all.

If you are too religious for law, try other professions. Law is not religious fanaticism. And we should also note that no attire co

@OP complete the story naa.

Oga
Wearing hijab is her fundamental right as a muslim. If Christians decide to wear pants to nysc thats their problem.
I wonder why Christians think they can tell us what and what not to do..the thing they scratch me for chest. How does a mad man expect to be a guide to a sane person makes me wonder?
In the world if islam buhari or whatever he calls himself with his entire family are of no importance, see if buharis children decides to go braless only a stupid person would think we should all go braless because of that.
I dont know why the issue of hijab is such a pain in the ass of Christians.
We are the one,s wearing it but your diseased heart wont let it be
. Thesame buhari thats trying to islamise nigeria is now a good example for Christian sympathisers, fuckin hypocrites
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by IdeyFindWife: 11:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
Qtsnow:

ISIL is recruiting, for your info!

I
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ReinaFarine: 12:00am On Dec 21, 2017
hamzeiy:

Oga
Wearing hijab is her fundamental right as a muslim. If Christians decide to wear pants to nysc thats their problem.
I wonder why Christians think they can tell us what and what not to do..the thing they scratch me for chest. How does a mad man expect to be a guide to a sane person makes me wonder?
In the world if islam buhari or whatever he calls himself with his entire family are of no importance, see if buharis children decides to go braless only a stupid person would think we should all go braless because of that.
. Thesame buhari thats trying to islamise nigeria is now a good example for Christian sympathisers, fuckin hypocrites

No one stops her from wearing hijab. I accept, of is her right. And the governing body of the Nigerian Bar Association has a right to standard dress code and uniformity. We shouldn't encroach on their right to please her. NBA is not begging her for a position because of her distinguished performance and reputation. It is the other way around.

I read it was a screening (correct me if I'm wrong) if NBA said the reason for her disqualification Is because she didn't pass the physical appearance portion of the test, will you criticize them for it?

I want you to know it is not a Christian Vs. Islam Matter. It is NBA Vs. Firdausi. Christians didn't write that down in the bye laws. Just judge without sentiments and think of specific rules you set in your own home. If I as a stranger you're trying to help can't abide by them, will you change centuries of rules to please me at the expense of others?

Unlike that idiot above said... Being a Muslim doesn't make you above the law.

4 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ReinaFarine: 12:26am On Dec 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:

But is that fair?

I don't think logic applies to this people. They've turned it to a religious crisis. And The pompous way that bufoon said his religion is greater than the laws of the country describes the mindset of most of them.

They're fond of making the abusers look like the victim. And Nigeria will always cower when miscreants lime these start ranting about protest and what not. Fair or not, that's the country we live in.

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by chudyprince: 5:10am On Dec 21, 2017
quote author=Deckline post=63453978]
Where did you get that picture from? Thats my aunt.[/quote] cool She's making us proud may God bless her more

1 Like

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by sarwoods10(m): 7:34am On Dec 21, 2017
Our Rep from betatalknaija, have said it all, why should one change the system, why should you wear hijab, to the call to bar ceremony, if we should at it critically like morally, she might be right, 'cause there a rationale behind wearing the hijab to the place. In the general sense and if we are to follow code and conduct, I will tell that is right? Absolutely negative, she has violated the law itself, but what is the law itself, is the law generally not warped?
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by sarwoods10(m): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2017
IdeyFindWife:

ISIL is recruiting, for your info!

I

Can you reason without putting any religious sentiment in it, Morally she myt be right but if we are to follow the code of conduct, she is not qualified to be called to bar because of what she wore, Sir are you now telling me that there are no muslim sisters there too? They could not bend the law because of what is at stake for them, i know some of our muslim brothers and sisters are reasoning with me. That is bitter truth ooo
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Deckline(m): 9:28am On Dec 21, 2017
Follysho707:

So is dat an achievement now, abi? FOOL!
Your stupid father is a bigger FOOL.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ProveT: 11:27am On Dec 21, 2017
Qtsnow:

Guy, Nigeria isn't an islamic state, so, if you so much love allah, advice the lady to opt for sharia law... though i had your allah forbids woman from entering sharia court.
She as well can go and study IRK in higher degree just to please the paedophilic Mohammed.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by albacete(m): 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2017
hamzeiy:

Oga

Do you know that your right ends where another person's right begins? Ask yourself why female Muslims who are bankers don't wear hijab to work. Do you think the NBA is there to play the religious card? Or you think there are no reverend sisters who were also called to Bar?

Somebody studied Nigerian law (not Islamic law) for 6 years and went ahead to disobey the same law. Just because she wants to be more Catholic than the Pope. I can only but wonder the kind of lawyer she would make. One that disobeys the laws of the land right from the day she was called to Bar.

Now look where her idiocy has landed her. She has successfully wasted 6 years of her life, just because she wants to be seen as a true believer of Islam.

Don't worry, when CBN calls you for a job interview, don't forget to wear your agbada /buba so that they will know you are an imam.

2 Likes

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Qtsnow(m): 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2017
Via Ismaa'eel Olanrewaju Abu Umaamah

HIJAB SAGA AT THE CALL TO BAR: AN EYE WITNESS ACCOUNT

All through my life I have never experienced the kind of hatred and disgust towards a fellow human being as what I saw on 12th December, 2017. I arrived the ICC for the call on time, followed the queue and entered the hall.

When the BOB filed in, we all stood up as a sign of respect and followed the instructions as expected of aspirants to the Bar. Every thing was going smoothly until the time a lady approached the podium to receive hand shake and collect her certificates. As she moved down the podium and made to return to her seat, I noticed Mrs. Mevayen Jemialu, a lecturer at the Nigerian Law School, Abuja campus, walking at a very fast pace towards this lady.

Upon reaching the lady, she asked her to remove the hijab and throw it on the floor. Then she stepped on it and kicked it several times while uttering very humiliating words on the lady. As if that was not enough, she sked a guard to stand by the hijab and ensured the lady couldn't pick it. Few minutes later, Mrs. Jemialu, accompanied by her junior colleague, Mrs. Jennifer Ikwuanusi came to cease her certificates. My seat was close to the scene so I could see with my eyes.

I feel a deep pain in my heart as a human. I couldn't agree within me that the way the lady was treated is right. I respect Mrs. Jemialu so much, but from that very moment the respect I have for her disappeared. Her action was a strong indication of unwarranted bias against people of other faiths. In a saner society, people like Mrs. Jemialu should by now be on suspension. But this is Nigeria anything goes.

After the programme, the lady went to ask for her certificates. This time, she had lost the courage to put on the hijab the second time. But something more amazing happened. Mrs. Emetejife Onoriode, attempted to search the lady. Only God knows her mission. She and her colleagues present at the front side of the podium were accusing the lady of a premeditated action. It took the intervention of Mr. Samuel Osamolu to allow the sleeping dog lies. At this point I came to the conclusion that we actually have bias against the Muslims and we are not accommodating.

I left the hall to inquire about the lady. It was then I knew we finished together from the same Abuja campus and that she graduated from University of Ilorin. I was therefore not surprised to hear the next day that another female aspirant to the Bar was denied her right to be called to the Nigerian Bar just because of wearing hijab. This is Nigeria's most embarrassing story for the year 2017.

Copied.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by WhoBeThisMan: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2017
Qtsnow:

speak for yourself my friend
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by WhoBeThisMan: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
Qtsnow:

speak for yourself my friend. Your alah, your law. Not mine
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2017
yeyerolling:
religious fanatics are one of the most useless people in life. on facebook my muslim friends are defending her with long epistles. that was how one hajia in my office came for advice on treasury bills after i explained to her she was like its against my religion, but the small savings interest dey pay u is not against ur religion ni. hypocrites
I wouldn’t go as calling her useless but religion has really brainwashed us as a people and we do silly things in the name of a high power that may or may not exist.Its possibly a good thing she wasn’t called to bar as all her years studying law wasn’t enough to teach her to obey the law.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by goggleit: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2017
When you can go to US/Canada embassy without IJAB, what stops you doing the same while going for admission..ode
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by otunbadare01(m): 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
betatalknaija:
So as people keep on raving about the lady who refused to remove her Hijab when she was about to be called to bar, an eye witness, has shared what actually happened during the course of the controversy.

This eye witness, who shares his own view of the whole saga, happens to be one of the officials who screened the aspirants at that time.

View link to read eye witness prove

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/bitter-truth-about-lady-who-refused-to-remove-her-hijab-so-was-denied-admission-to-the-nigerian-bar/

He wrote:

I witnessed the baring of the lady from gaining entry into the call auditorium. Kindly note that I was part of the officials that screened Aspirants to the Bar on that very day and I participated in the entry screening for the four batches that were called on those two days.

I witnessed the whole drama … You don’t have an idea of the attitude of that religious extremist of a lady who was not ready to submit her personal sentiments to the rules of this profession. .. See eehh we have what we call “regulation dress code for ladies” in the legal profession.. The attire is clearly spelt out in our code of conduct book.. Hijab is obviously not part of it and you must deal with that obvious fact…

All our laws should not be bent for every wave of religious doctrines or practices… otherwise we won’t have a functional and fair law… My religion makes us believe that black represents evil..should I now wear white suit to law school or for my call to bar because of my religion?

There were over a thousand Muslim ladies we screened for the two days I was on duty ..why should her case be different ? We asked her to step aside and remove her hijab… Imaging about 5 law school lecturers from Abuja campus begging a mere aspirant to the bar to do the right thing and she bluntly refused. Pls we should stop giving this misfit of a lady an undue publicity for such an unpardonable display of crude rudeness to constituted authorities.

Denying her access to the call hall did not in any way violate her right to freedom of worship under Sections 38 or 39 of the 1999 CFRN , We all know that none of the rights enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 CFRN is absolute. The denial was fair, proper and lawful. Note that some Christians prohibit wearing of trouser by ladies , but they allow their ladies wear it during their NYSC . Will you say they are not serious with their religion?

Pls we should all jointly condemn this misbehavior of the lady in question and put an end to this emotional sentiments we project here…

Buhari’s daughter during her call to bar last year… She wasn’t putting on her hijab ..but she wears it to any other places she goes…

I have met this Buhari’s daughter twice at Coscharis Office in Abuja and at both occasions she wore her hijab, but never wore it during her stay in law school or on her call day… The lady should go to court if she feels she is above the law or that Islam is superior our circular laws.

This country is not an Islamic State and will never be … If she is not ready to submit to the rules of the profession, she should as well go and study Islamic studies and bash her PHD in it.

I hope nobody will raise an eye brow if a Revd. Father insists that he should be called wearing his cassock and rosary? Hope you will be ok to attend a call to bar ceremony in the nearest future only to see a man wearing a red skirt decorated with cowries because that is what the gods have asked him to wear?

Do you know how many christians whose faith does not support the wearing of trousers but are compelled to do during the compulsory service? During NDA passing out parade, women (including muslim female soilders) cut their hair to the skin. No strand of hair is allowed on your hair let alone hijab. How many persons have challenged that?

The dress code for lawyers in Nigeria predates Nigeria. If you bend a little, you will have to continue to bend to allow other religions and faith at the end of the day the beauty of the profession will be lost. Law is not for all.

If you are too religious for law, try other professions. Law is not religious fanaticism. And we should also note that no attire co
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by idrisade99: 11:59pm On Dec 21, 2017
Maybe we are not getting something.
The Hijab is just like the normal shirts, trousers, skirts etc. that we wear on daily basis to the female Muslims. It is not in anyway similar to the choir clothes or the clothes worn by the traditional believers during their festivals.
These clothes are worn on special days while the Hijab is to be worn every time everyday by the female Muslims who are conscious of their religion.
Please let us not because of hatred of a religion talk trash to the observers of that religion.
Islam is a religion that has it's own dress code.
For those Muslims who were said to have removed their Hijabs that day, we need to check their knowledge of the religion they claim to follow.
Please let her use this Hijab of hers because her removing it will just be like removing a part of her cloth which is also like showing her unclothedness (ask the knowledgeable ones for the meaning of this).
And lastly, to me, I think it's what is in the head that we need no matter what she puts on. So let her display her qualification for the job with her hijab on.
Thanks to you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by mukhcech(m): 5:18am On Dec 22, 2017
ReinaFarine:

I tire oh!

It is that fear that will kill you.. grin grin
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by mukhcech(m): 5:19am On Dec 22, 2017
idrisade99:
The Hijab is just like the normal shirts, trousers, skirts etc. that we wear on daily basis to the female Muslims. It is not in anyway similar to the choir clothes or the clothes worn by the traditional believers during their festivals.
These clothes are worn on special days while the Hijab is to be worn every time everyday by the female Muslims who are conscious of their religion.
Please let us not because of hatred of a religion talk trash to the observers of that religion.
For those Muslims who were said to have removed their Hijabs that day, we need to check their knowledge of the religion they claim to follow.
Please let her use this Hijab of hers because her removing it will just be like removing a part of her cloth which is also like showing her unclothedness (ask the knowledgeable ones for the meaning of this).
And lastly, to me, I think it's what is in the head that we need no matter what she puts on. So let her display her qualification for the job with her hijab on.
Thanks to you all.

Stop explaining to those fools.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by mukhcech(m): 5:25am On Dec 22, 2017
goggleit:
When you can go to US/Canada embassy without IJAB, what stops you doing the same while going for admission..ode

Your ignorance is first Class.

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by mukhcech(m): 5:45am On Dec 22, 2017
betatalknaija:

View link to read eye witness prove

http://www.betatalk.com.ng/2017/12/bitter-truth-about-lady-who-refused-to-remove-her-hijab-so-was-denied-admission-to-the-nigerian-bar/

Keep carrying the Hijab issue on your head like your father's Corpse grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by ReinaFarine: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2017
idrisade99:
Thanks to you all.

You don't know anything about deeper life and trousers.
Or some other churches and the color red.
Or some set of traditionalist and painting their left eye green.
So many dlbc sisters have forfeited NYSC because of their belief and not create comotion in the country.
And I don't know what institution you attended but mine gave me certificate of CHARACTER and KNOWLEDGE. character came first. So if her way of life is not in conformity to the dictates of the course, then it is better she didn't read the course at all. She has the head knowledge yes.
But she doesn't have the attitude of lawyers. Grow up and stop using religion to explain the secular life.
Re: Bitter Truth About Lady Who Refused To Remove Her Hijab & So Was Denied Admissio by Qtsnow(m): 11:41am On Dec 22, 2017
WhoBeThisMan:
speak for yourself my friend. Your alah, your law. Not mine

AMASA FIRDAUSI, NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL AND THE WEARING OF HIJAB

I waited until today to give my opinion on the dust raised by the refusal of the Nigerian Law School to allow Miss Amasa Firdausi attend her Call Bar because she wore Hijab to the ceremony. I was waiting for resumption of the House today to talk about it which I did when the Speaker the Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara graciously allowed debate on the matter following a motion by Hon. Dan Buram Abubakar Nuhu representing Kano Municipal Federal constituency of Kano state.

The point I made during my contribution to the debate, which is now in public domain, centred on one and only one thing, which is: what are the conditions precedent to becoming a lawyer in Nigeria? In other words, what would one do to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria?

I answered the question by saying simply that there is a law and there are also regulations governing the conditions precedent to becoming a legal practitioner in Nigeria.

THE LAW
The combine effect of Section 4 Legal Practitioners Act 1975 and Section 5 of the Legal Education (Consolidation) Act 1996 is that a person shall become a lawyer if -
1. he is a citizen of Nigeria;
2. he obtains a law degree from a recognised university within or outside Nigeria. Degrees obtained through part-time studies, long-distance learning or study as an external student are not recognised for admission to the Nigerian Law School.
3. he attends the Nigerian Law School and sit for Bar Examinations organised by the school and graduate with a minimum ‘pass’.

As far as the law is concerned, Miss Amisa Firdausi has passed her academic training and has qualified to be a lawyer in Nigeria having graduated from the university of Ilorin and having passed her Bar examinations in the Nigerian Law School.

THE REGULATIONS
In addition to academic learning, students must undergo training on the ethics and traditions of the legal profession, such as comportment and dressing, and other non-academic rules. They must also attend three formal law dinners; two in the course of the Bar Part 2 programme and one after the Call to Bar Ceremony.

The Rule of Professional Conduct for the legal profession in Nigeria provides in Rule 6(b) that a lawyer “... should always be attired in a proper and dignified manner, and abstain from apparel or ornament calculated to attract attention to himself”.

Another regulation is The Nigeria Law School Code of Conduct Rule 29(a) which provides that a male lawyer should dress in:
- dark suits with white breast pocket handkerchiefs
- white shirts
- black ties (not bow tie)
- black socks
- black shoes
- striped black trousers may be worn under dark jackets.

Rule 2(b) of the said Code of Conduct further stipulated for female students that they should wear:
- white blouse
- dark jacket
- black skirts covering knees (dark suit)
- black shoes.

Granted that the above are the regulations, as far as I know the Nigerian Law School Code of Conduct did not stipulate any punishment for failure to wear the specified dress. In my humble opinion therefore, the Council of Legal education’s denial of Miss Firdausi her right to enter the venue to be called to the Bar just because she wore a Hijab, a dress not specifically banned for use at the ceremony, is a punishment not specified by any law or regulations.

To me, therefore this issue should not have taken any religious colouration where those against Firdausi were mostly Christians while those for her were Muslims as if the issue has got any thing to do with one’s choice of dress for attending a ceremony. It is unfortunate that Nigerian’s penchant for bigotry has reached this level of stupidity that we interpret every mundane thing through the spectacle of religion.

The United States of America had done away with lawyers wearing the Wig and Gown since independence from Britain in 1776. But here in Nigeria we are at war with each other in 2017 because of a mode of dressing that was introduced in England in the 17th century. In fact even in Britain where the wearing of Wig and Gown by lawyers first came to existence, Britain’s lawyers and judges are breaking with the centuries-old tradition of wearing white-horse hair wigs to court. Since 2001 it was not necessary to appear in court with that outfit in non criminal cases in Britain.

Nigeria has been independent since 1960 and we became a republic in 1963 and 54 years after being a republic you are here telling a young lady not to wear a dress that catches her fancy just because she wants to become a lawyer. Some of us are living in the past.

Honourable Sadiq Ibrahim Dasin
Member House of Representatives
Representing Fufore/Song, Adamawa State

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NOUN 2018/2019 GP Calculation Tool. Be The First To Use It / 66 Lecturers Promoted To Professorial Cadre At Unilorin / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.