Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,586 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub (23419 Views)

Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos) / Mohamed Salah Wins 'African Player Of Year' At CAF Awards (See Full List) / Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Luukasz(m): 7:43am On Dec 20, 2017
Saheed9:
But, aumbameyang was bundesliga's highest goal scorer
And what did salah achieved last season even naby keita fared better than him
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Johnayoola(m): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2017
Judging by the past record on how they award this stuff I think they 're been biased,if you follow up on the previous yrs u'll notice ur club achievement 're put into consideration eg
Riyad Mahrez won the 2016 African Footballer of the Year award following his prominent role in Leicester's Premier League title.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

My broda no mind them Nigerians are very jealous of their own fellow brothers,have you notice how they cast our own players of their football age,even if they use football age must you go to the internet and say something about their age,South Americans use football age especially Brazilians and Columbians but you will never see any South American on any forum saying such things about their own players.
after now they will say Nigerians Dont play well how will dey when the little chance we have to make them proud we fling it to gutters.. If NFF and this our useless media had made good publication about moses he would have won.. When this mountain of fire guy won goal of the week in the world I watched that match on dstv.. Once he got nominated guy if u see awareness from media housesi I was shocked.. 4 guys ahead of him with almost 70 something point in just 2 hours he was 50 above them..

So I wonder y dey didn't do same for Moses to win.. E weak me
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by twentyk(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
Dutchey:
who wingback epp? Epl first eleven, hin dey there?? Sallah u dey mention na winger nt a striker o, he got to d final of afcon dnt forget o, he had a hand all d goals scored by egypt in worldcup qualifiers remember, he also helped egypt reach worldcup since 1990
so moses did not qualify Nigeria for world cup abi.... Moses did not have a hand In many of our goals at the afcon qualifier abi.... Moses did not lift the nations cup 3 years ago abi..... Moses did not lift the premier league abi..... See lemme tell you... Last season was Moses best year all rounder.... His games improved with more maturity..... I know he is not gonna win this award or may never even with the it, because awards tends to favour attacking minded players and Goals.... Moses played wingback and such position is not glamorous or a place to start doing leg over.... But saying Moses does not deserve the award because of performance is bull crap.... In terms of performance last season Moses should get 10 over 10....and he played in almost all the match of a title winning team(an integral part).... So what your saying please..... Make me understand....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2017
bakynes:

I know it's a mistake but it's Niaby Kieta.
that's what I wrote but autocorrect on Fone is sometimes annoying
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2017
sweeterman:

leave the dude he dey watch socce with him yansh not eyes...

dont know what these pipo expect from a wingback..

Moses last season for me did a flawless job...

Lol no mind dem
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by bakynes(m): 7:50am On Dec 20, 2017
kallmemrB:
that's what I wrote but autocorrect on Fone is sometimes annoying
OK I knew it was a typo anyway just wanted to be sure.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2017
bakynes:
OK I knew it was a typo anyway just wanted to be sure.
thanks boss
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

Lol no mind dem
I know he did a great job but he wasn't even nominated for best player at chelsea
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by pek(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2017
The best three are on the list! Football is a team sport. You don't hide under the team to win a personal award. Reason why Mikel didn't win anything playing for Chelsea. To tell you Moses doesn't deserve to be there, look at his position at the just concluded BBC awards which was voted by the listeners.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2017
kallmemrB:
I know he did a great job but he wasn't even nominated for best player at chelsea

Then is the best player at Chelsea from Africa? Is the best player at Chelsea listed for the award? Mane salah aubameyang are they from Chelsea?is kante who is the Chelsea best player playing for any African nation ?
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by twentyk(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2017
WHY WOULD ANY PERSON IRRESPECTIVE SAY MOSES PERFORMANCE LAST SEASON WASN'T 10 OVER 10.....

IM VERY SURE MOSES CLIPS AS A WINGBACK LAST SEASON WOULD BE USED AS LESSONS/BLUEPRINT BY VARIOUS COACHES FOR THE WING BACK ROLE.......

MOSES WAS AGAIN 10 OVER 10 LAST SEASON..... I be man utd by the way........ And forget that Im biased which is not even the issue(I.m fvrking bias because he is my countryman and it's perfectly allowed) the guy played ball last season and you can see the influence when he turned up for naija..... Abeg I drop pen...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by wwhale(m): 8:02am On Dec 20, 2017
fairy used panasonic cam coder for sale @ give away price,watsap me if u r intrested.

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 8:02am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

Then is the best player at Chelsea from Africa? Is the best player at Chelsea listed for the award? Mane salah aubameyang are they from Chelsea?is kante who is the Chelsea best player playing for any African nation ?
if he was that instrumental he would have been recognized.... Even Loic Remy claims he won the league
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

When ronaldo won the euro 2016 was he better than Lionel Messi that season,ronaldo won the euros and the champions league,that was enough for him to win the ballon d or, ronaldo won the ballon d or again this season he won the champions league that's why and ronaldo deserve it,so if Moses can win the premier league tell me why didn't he deserve it? What did salah won?mane or aubameyang?they won nothing,salah is playing well this season but they are only looking at last season performance and he won nothing with Roma so think before you talk,
It's called "2017 Africa's best player" not "2016/2017 Africa's best player". Judging from individual performances last season, Moses could easily have been included (or would have won it even). Unfortunately, from August until now, these 3 players have been better than Moses & they also qualified their nations 2 the world cup too!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by robosky02(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2017
I have question them too

cos they are sentimental
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2017
kallmemrB:
if he was that instrumental he would have been recognized.... Even Loic Remy claims he won the league

You are a joke man,loic remy has no EPL medal so he didn't win the league before you are qualified for EPL medal you have to play up to 5 games even Kennedy that even played and Ola Aina was not handed a premier league medal talkless of loic remy with no single minute,I doubt you follow football
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Afritop(m): 8:06am On Dec 20, 2017
MOSES IS ONLY A NIGERIAN CHAMPION AND NOT AN AFRICAN CHAMPION HE DOESNT DESERVE TO BE IN THE TOP 3
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 8:08am On Dec 20, 2017
atilexy:

It's called "2017 Africa's best player" not "2016/2017 Africa's best player". Judging from individual performances last season, Moses could easily have been included (or would have won it even). Unfortunately, from August until now, these 3 players have been better than Moses & they also qualified their nations 2 the world cup too!

Then tell me how did mahrez won the last edition? Leicester city that struggle last season,his EPL performance the previous year won it for him,think before you talk bro
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

You are a joke man,loic remy has no EPL medal so he didn't win the league before you are qualified for EPL medal you have to play up to 5 games even Kennedy that even played and Ola Aina was not handed a premier league medal talkless of loic remy with no single minute,I doubt you follow football
joke on you ....its was formally 10 I believe the word "claims" is too hard for u to comprehend
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by wwhale(m): 8:10am On Dec 20, 2017
a neat used panasonic cam coder for sale at give away price.watsap me if u r intrested
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 8:12am On Dec 20, 2017
kallmemrB:
joke on you ....its was formally 10 I believe the word "claims" is too hard for u to comprehend

It was formally 10,did loic remy made any appearance last season ? You dey watch ball so
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 8:16am On Dec 20, 2017
emmie14:

Caf should suspend the award because no one made it. Going by Salah's performance in the club...Liverpool is struggling between 4th and 6th position. So where is the achievement with Mane in same club. Where is Senegal and Pharaohs of Egypt internationally. I think Moses suppose to have a spot but lost out because of his poor response to national invitation . It serves him right.
Both Senegal & Egypt are ahead of Nigeria in FIFA ranking! I'd have loved Moses to be there but individually, they've all done better than him!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Daejoyoung: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2017
Whobedatte:
Sentiments everywhere. Look at his comparison ? He won the league with Chelsea was he better than these three?
What did Abumeyang do for both club and country last season(especially for country)? CAF must set the criteria straight, else the award is nothing less of a popularity contest.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by dstar01(m): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2017
what did those 3 players you just mentioned won personally in the 2016/2017 season. it seems you don't know that whatever Salah is doing now should/would only be taking into consideration for the 2017/2018 award and not this one
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 8:21am On Dec 20, 2017
philpwresh:

He Also won the premier league players of the month of November 2016 ahead of the likes of Kante Lukaku Kane even Hazard

He really deserves it
2016 you say! The award is for 2017 brother!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Daejoyoung: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2017
atilexy:

Both Senegal & Egypt are ahead of Nigeria in FIFA ranking! I'd have loved Moses to be there but individually, they've all done better than him!
What of Abumeyang?
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Daejoyoung: 8:23am On Dec 20, 2017
atilexy:

Abumeyang too??
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2017
Dsov2016:

you're talking ng about this season not last season which is what this award is about
How is 2017 about last season? It's about second-half of last season, afcon, world cup qualifiers & until now. Don't confuse yourself!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Adekdammy: 8:32am On Dec 20, 2017
The sincere truth is the last three are better than moses and salah is better than them all based on current form.
N.b. Moses is also a very good player.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Hayah: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

When ronaldo won the euro 2016 was he better than Lionel Messi that season,ronaldo won the euros and the champions league,that was enough for him to win the ballon d or, ronaldo won the ballon d or again this season he won the champions league that's why and ronaldo deserve it,so if Moses can win the premier league tell me why didn't he deserve it? What did salah won?mane or aubameyang?they won nothing,salah is playing well this season but they are only looking at last season performance and he won nothing with Roma so think before you talk,

So many people including caf (and BBC football) won't and didn't reason this way, they are using MO salah present form to judge, which of course is wrong, even so then Sadio Mane should not make the cut.
They've all obviously cheated Victor Moss.

Glo should just cease sponsoring that rubbish award

1 Like

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

Bros but Egypt didn't won the afcon,mind you those players are great players mane salah and aubameyang but they won nothing.

Let me give you a good point,mahrez won the last edition of the African player of the year,ask me why because Leicester won the premier league the previous season so what are we saying and that same year aubameyang came second,aubameyang scored more goals more than mahrez that season but he didn't win it because of no trophy.
Please don't confuse yourself trying to prove a point! Mahrez didn't win the award because Leicester won the league. Mahrez was the best player not only in Leicester, but also in England. Besides, was there any African player that could be compared to him 2016?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Reinstates Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / British Schools To Allow Kids Resume Late So They Can Watch Euro 2020 Finals / Any Wwe Fan In Nairialand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.