Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,162 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub (23385 Views)

Obasanjo, Ambode And Oshoala At The Aiteo CAF Awards (Photos) / Mohamed Salah Wins 'African Player Of Year' At CAF Awards (See Full List) / Oshoala, Enganamouit, Onguene And Ebi In Accra For CAF Awards (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

Poor performance you called it ? Salah is a winger in fiorentina and scored 6 goals in 16 seria A games for a team like fiorentina? Where their top striker didn't score more than 10
So you really want to compare 6 goals in 16 apps to Mahrez's performance? If he was that good then, how did he manage just 16 apps in a club like fiorentina?
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
BiadeFolar:

Crowned as African Best? Next joke please.
If you were wise, you Wouldn't have responded to a comment u didn't understand or weren't part of at its inception.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
muzzol:

Try to check facts about the EPL you are using to promote Moses and you will see that Mane was named among the best 11 players for the season, while Moses was not......Also, Mane led Senegal to AFCON semi-final and World Cup qualification.....say another thing
Educate them please. Thanks!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2017
muzzol:

For the year under review, Aubemayeng was the highest scoring African in any league, he also broke two major records in Bundesliga (First African to win highest scorer and highest scoring African in Bundesliga, breaking Tony Yeboah's long standing record), Mane was in the EPL team of the year (same EPL people are using to promote Moses), while Sallah was the highest scorer in AFCON and Africa World Cup Qualifying series......Check both European and World Footballer of the year awards, these three were the highest ranked Africans, further confirming that the whole world aside sentimental Nigerians are seeing same thing.
Thank you my brother. Absolutely spot on!
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
BlackManta:

Mane fired Liverpool to top 4.
Mane fired Senegal to Afcon quarter final.
Mane fired Senegal to world cup.

Mane was crowned Liverpool player of the year.
Mane was on the PFA team of the year.
Mane scored 14 goals and 7 assist.

Moses was not chelsea best player.
He was not 2nd best.
Thank you my brother. Absolutely spot on!

He was not on PFA team of the year.

But because he won trophy, he's suddenly better than Mane, Salah and Auba.

With your argument, you can say the least chelsea player is better than Mane just because of PL trophy.

Trophy is not everything.
There's more to football than just trophies.

I'm happy that CAF is not trophy biased like most of you.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 3:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
atilexy:

So you really want to compare 6 goals in 16 apps to Mahrez's performance? If he was that good then, how did he manage just 16 apps in a club like fiorentina?

Half season loan not full season the other half part was spent at Chelsea sitting on the bench,you don't follow football you just argue
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by atilexy: 4:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
andrew444:

Half season loan not full season the other half part was spent at Chelsea sitting on the bench,you don't follow football you just argue
Go check ur books very well! Salah played half season in Chelsea making only 3 apps. He had one & a half season-long loan at fiorentina
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 5:24pm On Dec 20, 2017
atilexy:

Go check ur books very well! Salah played half season in Chelsea making only 3 apps. He had one & a half season-long loan at fiorentina

Salah did not make 3 appearance at Chelsea stop saying what you don't know salah mad 13 appearance for Chelsea and score 2 premier league goal he hardly start a match,e played half season at fiorentina not full season if you don't know anything then check Wikipedia and see for your self Wikipedia record only league stats of players,then salah was acquired for a season loan at Roma before he was bought permanently,you are just an EPL fan boy who knows nothing
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobleking2000(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Nigerians are too sentimental they keep shouting what did salah and mane win forgetting that this is an individual award and not a team award.

They are using mahrez as a case study but they forgot that mahrez performance outshone that of Moses. Mahrez was able to win the pfa placed of the year and was also in premier league team of the year whereas Moses could not even win the Chelsea player of the year.

Mane led Senegal to the quarter final of afcon scoring three goals on the process and also winning Liverpool's player of the season despite coutinho's performance

Salah led Egypt to the final of afcon he also won Roma player of the year and was also in the serie A team of the year.
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by ebosse(m): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2017
andrew444:

Okay fine Gerard bale and Suarez never won he league,how many times has a non league winners got it?its very rare,you sound like a Liverpool fan,Mr Sentiment

Y'all should stop this childish argument. I love Moses but sentiment outside he was not on the same 'INDIVIDUAL LEVEL' with Salah or Auba, Mane did well for the 1st half of the year but has fallen off since , same thing with moses.

Both salah and Aubu has been outstanding all year long!

Bale won the English best player (twice), Suarez, Gerrard, Robin Van Persie ( playing for Arsenal) . None of these players won the League apart from RVP who won the award again with man Utd ( and the league also)

JJ okocha was nominated for the award ( top 6) while playing for Bolton who finished #17th that season.

Charlie Adams was nominated for the award (top 6) while playing for blackpool who got relegated that season.

Do you know sadio Mane is on the EPL team 11, while moses couldn't even make the team.

ThESE awardS are for individual performance,

that was why CR7 won the best player award the season he won nothing ( B.Munich won everything that season). Yet compare his individual performance that year you would see no one comes close.

Same thing with messi winning the 2010 award.

I REPEAT , THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD !!!!

Finally go check for the complete list of the just concluded 'FIFA Best player Award 2017' (which CR7 won), U would see both Aubumeyang, salah and Mane are waaaaay ahead of moses on the list, Even 'the world' says these players were better this year, but no, since moses is Nigerian then he must win it. Smh
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by andrew444(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2017
ebosse:

Y'all should stop this childish argument. I love Moses but sentiment outside he was not on the same 'INDIVIDUAL LEVEL' with Salah or Auba, Mane did well for the 1st half of the year but has fallen off since , same thing with moses.

Both salah and Aubu has been outstanding all year long!

Bale won the English best player (twice), Suarez, Gerrard, Robin Van Persie ( playing for Arsenal) . None of these players won the League apart from RVP who won the award again with man Utd ( and the league also)

JJ okocha was nominated for the award ( top 6) while playing for Bolton who finished #17th that season.

Charlie Adams was nominated for the award (top 6) while playing for blackpool who got relegated that season.

Do you know sadio Mane is on the EPL team 11, while moses couldn't even make the team.

ThESE awardS are for individual performance,

that was why CR7 won the best player award the season he won nothing ( B.Munich won everything that season). Yet compare his individual performance that year you would see no one comes close.

Same thing with messi winning the 2010 award.

I REPEAT , THIS IS AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD !!!!

Finally go check for the complete list of the just concluded 'FIFA Best player Award 2017' (which CR7 won), U would see both Aubumeyang, salah and Mane are waaaaay ahead of moses on the list, Even 'the world' says these players were better this year, but no, since moses is Nigerian then he must win it. Smh

Bros u no get wetin u wan talk okay try rest

Dem dey talk of people wey win award you dey call Okocha and Charlie Adams,no b u still talk about players wey play tournament no win am as achievement? All I see in you is a childish EPL fan from Liverpool,to sit down 1 side abeg no quote me again you no get anything wey I want talk,you are very clueless,if dem no give ronaldo World best na una go call am ojoro,ronaldo trophy won him the ballon d or and he deserve for the past 2 season ronaldo never performed well individual more than Messi but he won the ballon d or,you are against Moses just because you are a Liverpool fan,no quote me again I can't keep arguing with a kid....cheers,wishing you merry xmas
Re: Nigeria FF Boss Questions Caf's Awards Criteria After Moses Snub by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 22, 2018
donlucabrazi:
There's a lot of politics in football. It's not all about "on -the- field" achievements.

If we are to make any headway when it comes to recognition, we have to shore up our negotiating game so as to boost our influence in Africa and World football at Large.

On this, I stand with Amaju Pinnick 100%. Moses may not be a crown jewel, but he achieved more than those who made the final cut this year

My Verdict: He was robbed!

YOU WILL NEVER END WELL...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Vincent Enyeama Named Greatest African Goalkeeper Of All Time By IFFHS / UEFA Have Opened An Investigation Into Barcelona's Accounts / Taribo Was 40 While Claiming 28 – Former Partizan President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.