Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) (54048 Views)

Passengers Burnt In Accident On Keffi Abuja Road (Graphic Photos) / Corper Ebere Christian Dies In Accident Along Minna Road / Accident Kills Lady 5 Days To Her Wedding On Onitsha/Owerri Road (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by Sanchase: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
RIP TO THE DEAD.
WHAT A THIRD world country.

2 Likes

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by simiboy22: 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
Yo! Its Christmas
Buy chickens and turkeys at a very affordable price ..
Chicken at #2500 and #3500
While Turkeys at #8000
You buy 3 of the #3500 chicken at once and pay #10,000 instead of #10,500...
We deliver it to your door step everywhere in Lagos state .....
For more info, call 08180981121
Our chickens are healthy and neat....
Merry Xmas in advance

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by openmine(m): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
Its so obvious that the driver was over speeding and its also obvious the passengers were silent or even cheering him on with his fast and furious 5 skills....Now they are dead not because they did not believe in God or because they didn't pray well enough but Because they were silent and failed to caution these unprofessional and reckless drivers.....

Like i keep saying,most drivers on our roads are not alright in the head...Some drivers need psychological therapy....some are having health or financial challenges at home! All these can have an adverse effect on the driver...Thats even the reason why passengers are not supposed to sleep while travelling!

For some one to drive on the highway,U need to be mentally and physically prepared so that you don't endanger other road users!
Hence the passengers must do all that is necessary even if it means shouting or yelling at the driver,please do so...!
Its Ur money....Ur safety is involved...You don't have a duplicate some where!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by resurgentxtian4: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
DateMynd44:
it is your father's house that is a zoo. Pig

But why are you denying the obvious? Hasn’t the country descended into the abyss a long time ago? Let’s do away with this blond patriotism as the country is failing at every turn.

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by bayulll011(m): 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Before you board any public transport remember that the Average IQ in Nigeria is 65 ( which is considered a mental disablilty) , there is an 80 percent chance that the person driving you has an IQ of 65 and below which is considered not enough to be able to be a good and safe driver meaning you are most likely being driven by a retard who who doesnt have the requisite intelligence or reflex to judge distance and time correctly both which a critical elements of safe driving, couple that with drug use and the presence of amulets and you have a bazaar of death waiting to happen ..May God help us all

Are you sure we are not twin.

Average road drivers in nigeria has promulgated instability.

most of them are illiterate and awaiting time bomb to cause disasters and pain to people.

also you got loads of mentally unstable people in the positions of authority.

no hope for nigeria

3 Likes

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by freshinko: 1:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Could this be night journey? am not understanding..
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
please its enough. What is all these deaths here and there about

people are dying on account if BUHARI s misrule.
People and dying from diseases due to poor health system.
People are committing suicide due to frustration depression .
People are dying from SARS bullets.
People are dying in the hands if Fulani killers heardsmen.
people are dying from boko haram attack.
People are dying in the hands of kidnappers and robbers.
People are dying or killed enrout Libya.
People are dying on account of hijab and that useless piss religion.
And now, people are been roasted and killed on a daily basis on account of road accident.
AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

NIGRIAAAAAAAAAAA
All those things u listed above were there before Buhari become president. You will continue with this your hatred till 2023

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by openmine(m): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
omoelerin1:
This really bursts my heart.

When will road accidents reduce drastically in our country?
When do we stop experiencing fatal road accidents in our nation?

What are the major causes of these accidents sef? Is it spiritual or man error?
Is it bad roads? reckless driving? bad vehicles? drinking while driving? impatience? nonchalant attitude? non qualified driver? ignorant?

Who are to be blamed, Government? Citizens? Drivers? passengers? Road safety
agency?

But wait o, why is that the drivers usually survive while the whole passengers die in most of these accidents?
I mostly blame the passengers.....
U see a poor vehicle,U go in and pray hoping God will lead U to ur destination using that bus...yet God gave people eyes to see!
A driver is over-speeding...instead of cautioning the driver,they say a prayer and take a nap yet God gave humans a voice to speak!

The Road safety agency to me is trying to the best of their ability(though i admit some of the officers are corrupt) but most Nigerians are too stubborn....
"Don't drink while driving"....that's when U will see some one heavily drunk driving a car!
"Don't answer a call while driving"...U will see our so called educated men & women making series of calls!

Most of us like flouting laws and yet go on social media to complain when some few officers are trying to bring sanity to our corrupt and battered system!

2 Likes

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by jaszplus12(m): 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:

And now, people are been roasted and killed on a daily basis on account of road accident.
AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

NIGRIAAAAAAAAAAA
don't you think people are dying more on account of their ignorance and reckless behavior?
accidents occur 90% from misbehavior of drivers and their careless arrogance!
prayers won't help and even if the Pope ruled this country accident will occur as long as the person behind the wheel isn't behaving well.

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by jaszplus12(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
openmine:

U see a poor vehicle,U go in and pray hoping God will lead U to ur destination using that bus...yet God gave people eyes to see!
A driver is over-speeding...instead of cautioning the driver,they say a prayer and take a nap yet God gave humans a voice to speak!

The Road safety agency to me is trying to the best of their ability(though i admit some of the officers are corrupt) but most Nigerians are too stubborn....
"Don't drink while driving"....that's when U will see some one heavily drunk driving a car!
"Don't answer a call while driving"...U will see our so called educated men & women making series of calls!

Most of us like flouting laws and yet go on social media to complain when some few officers are trying to bring sanity to our corrupt and battered system!
now a sensible person has made a good comment.
thanks bro...your observation is appreciated!

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by passyhansome(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2017
SPEAKING IN TONGUES
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by omoelerin1: 1:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
openmine:

Well said.

That is one of the characteristics of developing countries.

poverty, illiteracy and ignorance are the root cause of what you narrated.
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by Taiwx(m): 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
RIP to d dead! so saddening....
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
I saw this on my way back to Lagos on Monday, gory scene I must say, rip to the lost ones.

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by dfrost: 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Before you board any public transport remember that the Average IQ in Nigeria is 65 ( which is considered a mental disablilty) , there is an 80 percent chance that the person driving you has an IQ of 65 and below which is considered not enough to be able to be a good and safe driver meaning you are most likely being driven by a retard who who doesnt have the requisite intelligence or reflex to judge distance and time correctly both which a critical elements of safe driving, couple that with drug use and the presence of amulets and you have a bazaar of death waiting to happen ..May God help us all

It should be average of 84. 65 is too low. Haba!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by OlaMiki: 2:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Imagine the driver ensure his own side did not come into direct contact with the truck . kai !!!!! That driver ought to be lynched walahi
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by dfrost: 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
omoelerin1:
Well said.
That is one of the characteristics of developing countries.
poverty, illiteracy and ignorance are the root cause of what you narrated.

It's worrisome. Imagine you are in a tricycle and the dumb rider is blasting away his life (not mine) and you try to caution him. The other passengers will just keep quiet and be waiting for God to deliver them to their destination, making you look like an “over sabi” person.

I can't deal honestly. angry

I also ask: must people travel? Make video calls and relate to your loved ones.

Whatsapp, Skype et al are there. Even the cost of transportation is high during the festivities.

2 Likes

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by clintton(m): 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrMoney007:
Nigerians must also learn how to travel at their convenience. You can celebrate the yuletide anywhere.

They can celebrate anywhere they want , they didn't deserve this sort of death ..
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by Promiseisaac(m): 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
only the driver no die
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by dtruth50: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:

AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

NIGRIAAAAAAAAAAA
ur religion n its entire followers are useless and idiots
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by hausadreturn(m): 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
openmine:
Its so obvious that the driver was over speeding and its also obvious the passengers were silent or even cheering him on with his fast and furious 5 skills....Now they are dead not because they did not believe in God or because they didn't pray well enough but Because they were silent and failed to caution these unprofessional and reckless drivers.....

Like i keep saying,most drivers on our roads are not alright in the head...Some drivers need psychological therapy....some are having health or financial challenges at home! All these can have an adverse effect on the driver...Thats even the reason why passengers are not supposed to sleep while travelling!

For some one to drive on the highway,U need to be mentally and physically prepared so that you don't endanger other road users!
Hence the passengers must do all that is necessary even if it means shouting or yelling at the driver,please do so...!
Its Ur money....Ur safety is involved...You don't have a duplicate some where!

It's important to note though, that if your yelling/shouting too much, e fit also make the driver/bus get accident
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by openmine(m): 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
hausadreturn:
It's important to note though, that if your yelling/shouting too much, e fit also make the driver/bus get accident
Thats not totally true esp when all passengers are collectively cautioning the driver!

I remember when i was travelling during my nysc service year,a corp member, first asked us to pray for a safe journey...afterwards,he didn't give the driver any breathing space...Once the driver over speeds,he ensures he gives the driver a mouthful....the beautiful and lovely part was when all the passengers added their voice and the driver quietly drove safely till we got to our destination!
Can U see what a unified entity can do to our society or some one?

For me before travelling,i first meet the driver and ask that he drives professionally and with care reminding him that he also has a family some where who would want to see him alive!

One thing U must know is that 80% of the drivers U come across on highways are not mentally fit to drive a car or a bus!
These are the things we should assist FRSC to do...They cant always be every where or monitor everyone....
Nigerians must start taking responsibility!
We can keep watching things happen while our loved ones are slaughtered by reckless entities who think they own the high way!

Thats all i can say...but if U have a better option than yelling or shouting or cautioning the driver,Please say it here....its important that we learn from each other and do our own part to curb all these unavoidable deaths on our roads...Thank U!

2 Likes

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by chikago1: 3:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
openmine:

the drivers are also to blame. An accident occurred on lafia road due to the driver's stubbornness. While passengers were telling him to slow down, he refused and he consequently crashed into an oncoming vehicle. Luckily, the passengers escaped with minor injuries while the driver broke his leg.

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:
IQ? Where talking about alcohol and drugs, dangerous overtaking, high speed 120kmph and above, narrow and potholed roads, poor mechanical conditions of the vehicle.
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2017
This is so sad.
May their souls rest in peace.
May God grant their love ones fortitude to bear their lose
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by 1metre: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
Inyanga:
By today's standard, It is safer to travel by air than to go by road...
May their collective souls rest in the bossom of the Lord... AMEN!
non is safe my dear, we are all living by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by openmine(m): 3:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
chikago1:
the drivers are also to blame. An accident occurred on lafia road due to the driver's stubbornness. While passengers were telling him to slow down, he refused and he consequently crashed into an oncoming vehicle. Luckily, the passengers escaped with minor injuries while the driver broke his leg.
You are right!
I also have to admit that drivers are also partly to blame!
But during difficult times,we have to be creative!

Some one can offer to feign having stomach upset and plead with the driver to stop while that person stools!
As soon as the driver stops,everyone should engage the driver and threaten him.....
Yes threaten him!
See bro its ur life Ohh and that of others that are at stake ohh.....So don't treat it with kid gloves!

Like i said before,most of these drivers are under some terrible influences....some are having psychological issues while some are having mental problems...Since U can't tell which,then its best to be on ur guard!
My bro life has no duplicate ohh!
There is so much i still need to do in this world and i cant let a careless driver end it like that ohh!
If some one can be stubborn enough to take his own life for granted,he should not drag other innocent people into it!

1 Like

Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by Psoul(m): 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Finally, what have u said. In such a situation u painted above, what should we do?
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by adegbindin247(m): 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:

AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS.

You are not okay. You need to see a psychiatrist.

NIGRIAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by adegbindin247(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2017
People are dying on account of hijab and that useless piss religion

You are not okay. You need to see a psychiatrist.
Re: All Passengers In A Bus Die In Accident Along Lagos-Benin Road (Graphic Pics) by SalamRushdie: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
Psoul:

Finally, what have u said. In such a situation u painted above, what should we do?

The only solution is to start making sure commercial driving if certicate profession where people must meet some stringent criteria before being handed the lives of people to convey on our bad roads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Snake Killed In UNIOSUN Ipetu Ijesa Campus After It Swallowed An Animal / This Big Python Killed Our Pregnant Goat And Got Killed Too (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.