Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,641 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Faith's Fruits. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith's Fruits. (741 Views)

How To Invest Your First Fruits By Charles Awuzie / Faith And David Oyedepo During Their Courtship Days (Throwback Photo) / Lady Sees Her Menstruation At Living Faith Church, Umuahia After 6 Years (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 10:34am On Dec 20, 2017
Prayers.

Prayers.

Prayers.

Fear of Muslims. Fear of Catholics. Fear of homosexuals. Fear of Atheists. Fear of village people.

Fear of society. Fear of end time. Fear of Men.. of God.

More pastors. More noise. More deliverance and prayer. Less love. Prayers competing with the sounds of generators, seeking power to shut the gates of hell and open the windows of heaven.

Fear is king here. God is Power. Love is Wealth. If you no get money, hide your face. God rejects you. Don't be ignorant.. Jesus died that you may be rich.

Mammon the new God. He who owns the most, sits in the front row. Come, all ye who are corrupt and stealing destinies, God have mercy on you. Your tithe shall set you free.

Years back, Church was only on Sundays. A broken educational system, failed government promises, lack of jobs, and hunger in the land.... Christianity began a make over. Faith.. the power to speak, believe and receive.

Faith. Oh, the fate of a society that walks not by sight, but by faith. They close their eyes to the real world, and open their imagination to all sorts of superstitions based on fear. Ember months. Village people. Juju. And other such nonsense.

Nollywood, the country's largest export to other African countries,aided this growth. Soon, New Year eve required a crossover service. Then Mondays were set aside for Bible study. Saturday weekend meeting. And so the church morphed until it had people praying everyday.

Monday to Sunday. Church became a fad, Jesus began to fade, and the Men of God emerged taking his place. Touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm. The men of God became Gods of men, worshipped, adored. Soon, their faces began to appear on the walls of the house of God, on banners, on doors in the form of stickers. They were everywhere, just like God. And with the aid of imported sound gadgets, they spread their tentacles far and wide across the land, transmitting their ideas and fears in the spiritual as solutioms for the problems caused by the Government in the physical.

As the Word of God flourished, turning huge revenue to the men of God, ignorance flourished in the Land. African children walking to school,singing 'Abraham's blessings are mine'. Clapping dancing. God was their everything. The government was happy. God became a symbol of authority and an excuse. The government lay in bed with the men of God. And the citizens were their servants.

'We shall increase the price of fuel'
'Close your eyes and hold on to God'

'Money for road construction missing'
'Close your eyes and hold on to God'

'3000Mw for 140 million people'
'Jesus is your lighy and salvation '

'200BN naira missing from NNPC'
'Do not put your hope in man. Put your trust in God. He can never fail'.

'Churches exempted from tax payment'
'We receive'........

21 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Faith's Fruits. by festwiz(m): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Well done sonofluc1fer

Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 3:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
And receive they did. Money. For miracles. For breakthroughs. For divine protection.

The Men of God began to break records. They lived like the Kings of old, untouchable, unquestionable, just like God. Their faith had made them wholesalers of the blood Jesus. Everywhere they went, people did good for them.

The bed of power shook violently, CAN became a can of worms, a prostitute proud of her unclothedness. Shame was covered in the blood of Jesus. Politicians far and wide sought her help to seduce the people.

So she spoke to the people words they loved to hear.

'Your tomorrow shall be greater than your yesterday'
'YOU will end well'
'Just hold on to God, and remain faithful'

And the people loved her. They believed they were her beloved, she would never hurt them..she had their best interests. And they continued to dress her, to make her look beautiful. They gave her their best offerings,offered her all they had... their time, money and all they had. As the politicians bled the people, they offered soft words of prayers. And thanksgiving to the Lord.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 4:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
Oh Lord, come down and let your enemies be scattered. The enemies are that Uncle, that Aunty, that brother, that sister. Your pastor says your village people are the problem. Their pastor says their village people are the problem. All the village people are praying against all the village people. Prayer points are increasing. God answers prayers.

Win, evangelise, convert a soul. Bring one more person, they instruct. The gospel must reach all corners of the globe. Those who are not for us are against us. All who are against us, may the fire of the Holy Ghost consume.

Mind harvesters. Nigerians, those West Africans conquered by Lugard, trapped in old Jewish myths. Steadily, the churches grow, rewinding time, moving towards the time of Moses and the dark ages of Europe. When myths and superstitions reigned. When emotions ruled over rationality. When being mad was a virtue.

Men have been sent to the Moon.. The world is about to move into a new age. Old tales won't survive in this new world.. access to information is now cheap. A mad man like me wouldn't have been able to broadcast my message so easily.. adapt or die..

Ramen.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Faith's Fruits. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2017
It's so refreshing that you're writing again grin

Thank you kiss

3 Likes

Re: Faith's Fruits. by Sonyworld(m): 5:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
SonofLucifer, Your articles show you have read deep... I celebrate you sir. More grace to read more and enlighten us more.

3 Likes

Re: Faith's Fruits. by NeedfulJaques(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2017
Bros, dis your article na ogbonge. I swear, the vex vex wey dey dis we country na correct raw material o, for pesin wey get brain. I see as you dey feel the tin wella, you come make me feel am too. Correct write-up joor, ride on bros!

2 Likes

Re: Faith's Fruits. by CAPSLOCKED: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Men have been sent to Mars.
LOL..
I CAN'T FIND ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR THIS ANYWHERE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 7:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL..

Lol. I meant the moon. My bad.
Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL..

Lol. I meant the moon. My bad. Thanks for spotting that.
Re: Faith's Fruits. by Oyindidi(f): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Lol. I meant the moon. My bad. Thanks for spotting that.
You are good with words. You will be a Pastor someday tongue

1 Like

Re: Faith's Fruits. by Daeylar(f): 7:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
I love this thread, cheesy
Re: Faith's Fruits. by CAPSLOCKED: 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Lol. I meant the moon. My bad.
LOL.

RIDICULOUS ENOUGH, MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT STILL STANDS.
Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 1:01am On Dec 21, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL.

RIDICULOUS ENOUGH, MY PREVIOUS STATEMENT STILL STANDS.
Ok. It's your choice.
Re: Faith's Fruits. by AgentOfAllah: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2017
Wow! This is so brilliant, so eloquent, so poingnant...I love it!!
Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 8:56am On Dec 21, 2017
Daeylar:
I love this thread, cheesy
Hallo. tongue
Re: Faith's Fruits. by Daeylar(f): 8:57am On Dec 21, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Hallo. tongue

Hi ya cheesy
Re: Faith's Fruits. by sonofluc1fer: 8:57am On Dec 21, 2017
Thanks y'all. Hoping lalasticlala agrees. For someone who likes snakes, he's too scared of Satan.

2 Likes

Re: Faith's Fruits. by Niflheim(m): 10:48am On Dec 21, 2017
Christianity encourages "super-imbecility" and "artificial epilepsy" in the people!!!
Re: Faith's Fruits. by HappyPagan: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2019
Two years later

.its worse. cry
Re: Faith's Fruits. by HappyPagan: 11:12am On Jun 02, 2021
angry

(1) (Reply)

How Pastor Adeboye Misquoted Matthew 23:23 To Justify Tithing. / Summary Of The Prophets Mentioned In The Qur'an / 2019: Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On His Presence At Obasanjo, Atiku Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.