Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? (11104 Views)

Poll: If a woman secretly takes her husband's money without his knowledge or permission, is it stealing?

Yes: 78% (82 votes)
No: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 5:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
Its stealing, whats wrong with asking for it

If your child took the money you would beat the living hell out of the kid.  Its disrespect for either party to do it to the other.  If you want something ask for it.  If they ar not around to be asked as soon as the arrive explain what you have done.

No wonder so many relationships have broken down with the lack of respect people have for each other and lack of common manners.

Imagine the money in his wallet is might not actually be his!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by bekus: 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2007
The reason the woman would take without informing the husband is becos if she asks, the man will say he does not have, cannot spare anything or it belongs to someone else. If you are free with your wife regarding finances, then she wont need to take your money without your knowledge but if you are a stingo, you deserve what you get.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2007
bekus:

The reason the woman would take without informing the husband is because if she asks, the man will say he does not have, cannot spare anything or it belongs to someone else. If you are free with your wife regarding finances, then she wont need to take your money without your knowledge but if you are a stingo, you deserve what you get.

There is no excuse. What you are describing is a relationship in trouble
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Sean25(m): 7:19pm On Mar 01, 2007
If u agree that a man can rape his wife even though they are married
then the same should apply to the thieving wife
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by PDF: 7:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
Sean25:

If u agree that a man can rape his wife even though they are married
then the same should apply to the thieving wife

well said!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Tornadoz(m): 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2007
If you live in Nigeria without social security what do you expect your wife to do. Haba!. If it's some "careless change" it wouldn't bother me. If however we are both leaving in a country with social security benefits, then it would bother me.
Last thing i would want is her building a 3 bedroom house in her village with my money.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by ellab(f): 8:06pm On Mar 01, 2007
Sometimes i just feel that stealing should just be out of the question for a woman.why would a wife go over to steal from her husband
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by pati(f): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2007
I am so disappointed @ all the ladies making excuses for stealing. Honestly its sickening. as long as you are taking what isn't Ur's , without the persons knowledge and consent its stealing (haba) shocked
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Ndipe(m): 1:43am On Mar 02, 2007
And what if the man is 'stealing' from his wife? Would you women condone it? Ete, I am tired for some women, they are advocating for feminism on one hand, while being dependent on their husband for finances on the other hand. What else do you want? You cant eat your cake and have it.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 02, 2007
Ndipe:

And what if the man is 'stealing' from his wife? Would you women condone it? Ete, I am tired for some women, they are advocating for feminism on one hand, while being dependent on their husband for finances on the other hand. What else do you want? You can't eat your cake and have it.

If my husband takes money from my purse,it's no stealing.
I have no problems with it.
C'mon Ndipe we are talking a couple of bucks here and there its not like your taking his pin number and wiping out his bank account.
As long as the woman doesn't deny it when asked,there is nothing wrong with it.

If a woman has to "steal" from her husband on a regular basis and worst still denies it,it's a different issue,such a man may consider giving her allowances,he may be too stingy and giving her no choice but to watch out for his wallet (or Ghana must go bag) .
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Sassykes(f): 3:05am On Mar 02, 2007
It is stealing, she obviously knew there was something wrong with it to go behind your back and take the money. If she can not be upfront and ask you for money rather than take it without your knowledge, then it shows she has no respect for you.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by FactorChic(f): 5:22am On Mar 02, 2007
for her to steal from you, its her fault and your fault. I really dont blame her cos I think u take the bigger percentage in the faulty position. you are either spending more of your money outside and not caring about ur wife or you are just the stingy type.well, u look at urself and see the kind of relationship you and ur wife have when it comes to money, do u really give her all she wants? cool
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by joycexz(f): 11:18am On Mar 02, 2007
i dont think its stealing but a woman shouldnt take money from the husband without his knowledge cos he might have budgeted that money for something else and not finding it there might make him angry.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 11:25am On Mar 02, 2007
babyosisi:

If my husband takes money from my purse,it's no stealing.
I have no problems with it.
C'mon Ndipe we are talking a couple of bucks here and there its not like your taking his pin number and wiping out his bank account.
As long as the woman doesn't deny it when asked,there is nothing wrong with it.

If a woman has to "steal" from her husband on a regular basis and worst still denies it,it's a different issue,such a man may consider giving her allowances,he may be too stingy and giving her no choice but to watch out for his wallet (or Ghana must go bag) .

Is this what you will teach your children? "Its only a couple of bucks"

Stealing is stealing its so laughable that people are trying to justify it.  And can I ask why you need to be asked before you confess your theft?  Why is it sooooooooo hard to have common decent manners and ask before you stick your grubby fingers into someones wallet? *rolls eyes*  I'm sure a lot of our past presido's and governors had the same mentality "its only a couple of MILLION Naira"

Rubbish and nonesense!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Ndipe(m): 11:54am On Mar 02, 2007
LadyT, honestly, I was just laughing at your rebuttal. Very classic and straight to the point. I hope other women would think like you.

Stealing can't be justified, no matter how meagre the amount it. Some of our leaders had the mindset, by stealing millions of Naira, because to them, the sum is paltry and would be undetected by the public. Marriages break down when there is no trust. So, for a wife, to go around sneaking behind her hubby's back, digging her sticky fingers inside his wallet, is condemnable.

Like I have asked those feminists on this board, "Why can't you all have a job, instead of relying on a man to provide you with basic necessities" If you are a homemaker/housewife, then, directly point out to your husband that the housing allownance is insufficient to cater to the needs of the household. If all else fails, get a job.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2007
LadyT:

Is this what you will teach your children? "Its only a couple of bucks"

Stealing is stealing its so laughable that people are trying to justify it.  And can I ask why you need to be asked before you confess your theft?  Why is it sooooooooo hard to have common decent manners and ask before you stick your grubby fingers into someones wallet? *rolls eyes*  I'm sure a lot of our past presido's and governors had the same mentality "its only a couple of MILLION Naira"

Rubbish and nonesense!

when there's someone who does not understand that there is a difference between a wife and a child,need I say more?
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2007
Ndipe:

LadyT, honestly, I was just laughing at your rebuttal. Very classic and straight to the point. I hope other women would think like you.

Stealing can't be justified, no matter how meagre the amount it. Some of our leaders had the mindset, by stealing millions of Naira, because to them, the sum is paltry and would be undetected by the public. Marriages break down when there is no trust. So, for a wife, to go around sneaking behind her hubby's back, digging her sticky fingers inside his wallet, is condemnable.

Like I have asked those feminists on this board, "Why can't you all have a job, instead of relying on a man to provide you with basic necessities" If you are a homemaker/housewife, then, directly point out to your husband that the housing allownance is insufficient to cater to the needs of the household. If all else fails, get a job.

you are again comparing apples and oranges.A leader and his nation to a wife and husband.
Who are the feminists anyway?
My man knows I take lunch money all the time from his wallet and will not deny it when asked,he does not expect me to ask for permission to take $5 dollars,he is not that petty over little things and it works for us.

I guess I'll say it depends on what sort of relationship you have with your spouse.
whatever works for you then.
They say marriage has no formula so everyone to his own way.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Amiga(f): 8:31pm On Mar 02, 2007
I will not take my hubby's money without letting him know (b4 or after) vise versa.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2007
babyosisi:

when there's someone who does not understand that there is a difference between a wife and a child,need I say more?

Spare me. I am asking you again, how do you explain what you are doing to your child when the child witnesses you stealing from his/her fathers wallet? Do you tell the child what you are doing is right or wrong?

Its great that in your relationship stealing doesn't affect your trust issues. And why don't you explain why you need to wait to be asked wheather you took money before you own up to your theft?

I'm sure your husband makes jokes to his friends about not leaving too much money in his wallet because of "lunching wife"

Don't you earn your own money?

Each to their own. wink
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 03, 2007
LadyT:

Spare me. I am asking you again, how do you explain what you are doing to your child when the child witnesses you stealing from his/her fathers wallet? Do you tell the child what you are doing is right or wrong?

Its great that in your relationship stealing doesn't affect your trust issues. And why don't you explain why you need to wait to be asked wheather you took money before you own up to your theft?

I'm sure your husband makes jokes to his friends about not leaving too much money in his wallet because of "lunching wife"

Don't you earn your own money?

Each to their own. wink

are you married?
If you were married to my type of hubby,he does not care about petty things like that,some men have agreed to that here,so they do exist.
I think I've made my point from my experience and you've made yours from yours.

Yes I do make my own little money and $5.00 will not make me any richer,it can't even buy a complete meal and a drink at a fast food joint.
Any husband hung up on that has serious issues.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Ndipe(m): 3:55am On Mar 03, 2007
Any wife, stealing 5 dollars from the husband has serious issues.@babyosis
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 2:07pm On Mar 03, 2007
Babyosis still refuses to answer what she will tell her child if they caught her taking money from Daddys wallet!

No Im not married yet but will be soon and if I need anything I will ask before I take it. Even if I know the answer will be yes and even if I am told "you dont need to ask before you take" its common manners
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by mamaput(f): 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2007
I will not call it stealing but after taking the money you have to tell the husband.
my husband used to take money out of my bag. Thats because he never went to the bank so it was actually also his money he was taking.
But I had to tell him to let me know what he took out.
Just think about it i may go shopping only to find out i do not have money to pay because someone took some money out without telling me.
My kids also take money out of my piggy bank for their needs but thats what the piggy bank is there for,. if they need something either for cooking, school or common Transport money when am not home they help themselves to piggy bank and tell me when i get home.
When piggy is empty they tell me.
But when my bag is at home am at home too and be it Husband boyfriend or kids no one should enter my bag with out asking.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by osegwu(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2007
Charity they say begins at home. the day she did not see mine to take, she will go and search the children's bag for their pocket money. Ok, alright, what if she did not see any in the children's bag? God forbid she rush to the neighbours house to sniff around or as they say just take a look and try her luck. God save us from pick-pocket wives.

Still me
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Radiant(f): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2007
Piggy bank? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ummm. . na wa o grin grin grin This topic is hilarious grin

For as long as you let the person know either before or after the 'act', it's not stealing. On the other hand, it depends on what the money was used for and where or what the partner was doin while the money was taken. (May be sleeping or in the shower) Personally I'll demand an explanation, just to have a record of how I spend my money. No big deal! Money is not picked or plucked.

What might be disturbing is when it becomes a habit embarassed Be it for "lunch" or whatever. It's always good to have your own money and stop dippin fingers into people's wallet all in the name of "what is his is mine and what is mine is his". If it's like that, why is it mostly the woman who keeps taking from the man? grin

Women should learn to be independent even with their man around them.
Men respect such women!
Everyone deserves respect and the fact that one is married doesn't mean "what is mine is his and what is his is mine" should degenerate to cliche.

$5 for lunch? what d'u eat with it, Osisi? cry
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by LadyT(f): 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2007
osegwu:

Charity they say begins at home. the day she did not see mine to take, she will go and search the children's bag for their pocket money. Ok, alright, what if she did not see any in the children's bag? God forbid she rush to the neighbours house to sniff around or as they say just take a look and try her luck. God save us from pick-pocket wives.

Still me

LOL @ robbing kids of pocket money!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:30am On Mar 04, 2007
No wonder we now have two strangers living in a house and calling it a union of one.
God help us!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by omoge(f): 3:13am On Mar 04, 2007
@ Poster,

Making a big thing out of it is what I can't understand as you didn't state if she has been taking large amount of money.
If small small change, forget it. If large amt of money then
you both need to sit and chat, she ought not to lie about it sha.

But then, cheer up she is your wife.

I rarely find money in my bobo's wallet but once he knows I got cash in mine, that will be it  grin.
And I can't say my bobo is stealing from me,
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by damatiti(f): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2007
I never have to answer for money taken from my hubby's pocket or bank account for that matter. since we got married we are one, needless to say whatever money he earns is ours and whatever I earn is ours. Been married for 25 years.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Mosetra(f): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2007
sure! if a woman takes money from her husband's wallet and keeps quiet over it is outright stealing. In as much as we are one, it is good to inform my hubby if i take money from his waleet without his knowledge. I wouldn't do that because i don't need to.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by chet(m): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2007
I would very much say yes to that, cos i have seen cases where it happened. Believe it or not, my uncle's wife does it alot to the extent that he had to change the combination to the locks of his briefcase. Well, i don't think it is a good thing to do. Why not just ask like the bible has said, afterall he is your husband and he owes it to you. Haba!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by mamaput(f): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2007
When the Wallet is at home then the man is at home.
She should tell the mn she took it.
But some people do not like it at all in that case she should ask b4 taking it.
I for noe do not mind as long as am told.
I may think i have some money and go and eat out only to find out i cannot pay for my meal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? / What Do You Like About Your Father. / The Mortal Body: Story Of My Child And Grand Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.