Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? (10924 Views)

Poll: If a woman secretly takes her husband's money without his knowledge or permission, is it stealing?

Yes: 78% (82 votes)
No: 21% (23 votes)
This poll has ended

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by ayeesha: 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2008
there is nothing wrong with a wife taking money from her husband`s purse when he`s not there but at the same time, its good for her to let him know she took to avoid certain embarrasments.

a lady i know once had issues with her husband. she saw a girl`s picture and a hotel address and receipt in her husband`s wallet one evening and promptly took offence. instead of confronting him, she decided to vent her anger by empting his wallet *he had over ten thousand naira in it*. unfortunately for the man, he stopped to buy fuel on his way to work the next day *his tank was almost empty*to his greatest embarrassment, his wallet was empty. trust some fuel attendants, they made sure they abused him and of course people gathered to find out what the issue was.

to cut a long story short, he had to take bike to his office which was quite a distance and later send hid driver back with some money to pay for the fuel and collect his car. this could have been avoided if he knew before he left that his wallet had been emptied.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by bethsy: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2008
it is one thing to take it is another to steal .if a woman takes money from her husband s wallet it is not a crime.something u might want to buy something urgently and his not around at the moment the only money around is in his wallet i dont think it is bad but when intentionally take a huge some of money from ur hubby without telling him it is pure stealing, and it is very bad
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by BlockCemnt: 12:31am On Nov 07, 2008
Do u give ur wife enough money 4 housekeeping each month?

Things r expensive in 9ja these day.

If u increase her monthly money & she still takes from ur wallet, then, she is a thief!

Report her to an Elder cuz our kids copy our actions!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Smi1(m): 3:25am On Aug 08, 2010
That's stealing !! no other definition grin
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by twinkle87(f): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2010
na wa oh! some peoples reply here amazes me!, just shows people different understanding of this marriage thingy!

@Poster if ur wifey picks a "few naira notes" from ur pocket, WTH is wrong wif it?, d day u married her was the day she had every right to pick 'em naira notes from ur pocket, if she were a girlfriend, i wld have been a diff ball game!
, and of course u knew she picked it, why d u have to go into asking her?, Nice answer from her anyways!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by mutter(f): 11:34pm On Aug 09, 2010
The two shall became one does not extend to paper notes with a face on it
The man should be happy that he has money that the wife can take and proud of himself for being a breadwinner.
However if the wife is earning and does not contribute to the house or if she knew the money was planed for something that could be annoying.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by invisible2(m): 4:58am On Aug 10, 2010
What about those women that open a secret bank account and save like 10-15% of all the money you give them. This will be without your knowledge, is it stealing?
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by invisible2(m): 7:27am On Aug 10, 2010
@ chaircover, are you guilty? Talk now o, I know a priest that will pray for you, lol
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by invisible2(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2010
I found out that my woman is prudent with cash. I want to allow her more access as she keeps money longer than me. That girl! She could sit on a million and stay hungry for two days except I tell her to take money. Sometimes I think she is too tight.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by blank(f): 9:34am On Aug 10, 2010
As long as u let him know u took it, no long thing.

My husband leaves his wallet with me anytime we go out.

I am the one that is tight fisted with money. grin

If i want small money or big money, i will use his credit card n let him know so he can plan how to repay it.

It is only stealing, if i do not let him know about it.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2010
Technically it's 'our money' wink . . . so it cannot be stealing!
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by invisible2(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2010
I don't frown on women who take their husband money, I frown at those women who use the money to do illicit things or give the money for things the man will not have liked to spend the money for.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by prittigrrr(f): 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2010
every lady must know her husband and what he will allow and what he won't. She should also know how to persuade him when need be to get what she needs.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by zenatta: 2:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
last time I checked its called stealing when one takes without permission and has malicious intent. only this morning my friend wanted me to defraud her husband. just a small amt really but good for me I just prayed early this morning to desist from sin and I had done this some years before, helping another friend lie to her husband. it was all so innocent in those days but I never felt calm about it.

I was going to steal from my husband, it was the in thing, and it even had a fun name but that was then, I was a child. Now I am no longer a child.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by softgirl1: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
at time when my husband is looking for change he takes from my bag and when i notice i don't bother to ask him cos i no we are one his money is mine and mine his i only take money from my husband's pocket when i ask and he says he is broke and i now see he has money some where else i will just take and comfront him at times i use it for wat i need it for and when he ask we smile ova it there is noting like stealing between husband and wife pls cos my husband is me and i am my husband i uses to joke with him that him and everyting he has is mine
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by softgirl1: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2010
at time when my husband is looking for change he takes from my bag and when i notice i don't bother to ask him cos i no we are one his money is mine and mine his i only take money from my husband's pocket when i ask and he says he is broke and i now see he has money some where else i will just take and comfront him at times i use it for wat i need it for and when he ask we smile ova it there is noting like stealing between husband and wife pls cos my husband is me and i am my husband i uses to joke with him that him and everyting he has is mine
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by lovedp: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
It is very bad 4 u as a woman 2 steal 4rm ur hubby's pulse,becos it is stealing and a sin in d sight of God. then if u find ur children stealing 4rm ur bag or hubby's pulse what wil u do[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by Brite02(m): 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2011
Sure it's stealing if the man wasn't told after the suppose stealing/collecting/removing grin
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by MIrhABi: 9:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
I'll put her under house arrest indefinitely.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by iv4real(f): 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2011
You won't blame some women for taking their husbands without him knowing. Some men are just terribly stingy. When a man is free with the finance and discusses such issues with his wife, then such things will not happen.@ poster check yourself too. U might be difficult when it comes to money, so the only way she can get it is to collect it when you are not aware.
Re: Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? by chijike(m): 11:21pm On May 02, 2011
Let's face it, most men do not know exactly how much they have in their wallet. They are wasteful too. This is why their wives often think it is not such a bad idea to take money from them and even deny it provided they spend it on the home.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Be Worried ? See What My Daughter Did (photo) / Between An Immature Young Guy And An Older Man / What Meal Have You Prepared This Morning For Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.