Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This (4348 Views)

My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone / 'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Gluthatione: 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2017
Guitarlife:
I wonder the level of education people condemning the OP have.

You do not have any proof he is abusing his wife. People abroad with all convenience and most who have never suffered for a day even commit suicide so how can some1 start blaming the OP for the wife wanting to commit suicide ?

The OP even acted maturedly and did not beat the wide like most fools blaming him will do.

@OP did you marry this woman or she got pregnant for you and you just decided to formalise the whole arrangement ?

Dont also rule out mental illness or some1 blackmailling your wife for something she might have done.

I wish you all the grace you need to solve this mess.
God bless you this is one of the best comments I have read here, don't mind those blaming the OP there were just being childish. How can you give a woman the house rent only for her to be telling stories and they expect the OP to just keep mute and act as a gentle man when they know how some landlords can frustrate hell out of you if you refuse to pay them.
OP I think you need to study your wife the more and move close to her very well, if possible let her see a psychologist she might be suffering from depression, thank God for the timely intervention this would have led you into serious trouble.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by maureensylvia(f): 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
am coming to post...
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Tochex101(m): 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
Nigerians are very sentimental, marriage is not by force. I suggest you calmly nurse her back to health, tactically invite her family....then narrate the story to them and ask them to question their daughter. If she had died......the family reaction is anybodys guess......
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrBottle:
This animal is still rambling. You almost killed someones daughter and you have the gut to spill this trash. Looking at the squalor you are living in it is not so hard to believe that she use the money on house keeping and food.

Get lost,. What da fvcking fvck is wrong with you.? No wonder she want to kill herself to get away from you------ you filthy animal.
You are still talking qbout faithful and respect and sh!t while you didn't even bother to hear the poor girl you are married to. How much did you even give to this wife of yours since august as keeping money? Y'all broke ass modafuckers looking for who to vent your anger on, you are lucky or you would've been cooling your sorry broke a.ss in the deepest part of the nigerian jail.
I wish she can visit her family this december to at least cool off. What the flying fvck

Did you have to call him an animal?. Grow up or shut up!.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by resurgentxtian4: 11:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
Oga OP, just thank God she didn’t die this festive season. What would we have said?

Henceforth, don’t keep money with her again, love her like your wife and extract a promise from her that such nonsense will not be ventured by her again. I think you also need to prevail on her to tell you her most intimate thoughts as her best friend. Also, you can take her to see a shrink so a psyche eval can be done.

Suicide ontop wetin?

The gates of hell shall not prevail against your family ooo.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Ladeola(f): 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrBottle:
This animal is still rambling. You almost killed someones daughter and you have the gut to spill this trash. Looking at the squalor you are living in it is not so hard to believe that she use the money on house keeping and food.

Get lost,. What da fvcking fvck is wrong with you.? No wonder she want to kill herself to get away from you------ you filthy animal.
You are still talking qbout faithful and respect and sh!t while you didn't even bother to hear the poor girl you are married to. How much did you even give to this wife of yours since august as keeping money? Y'all broke ass modafuckers looking for who to vent your anger on, you are lucky or you would've been cooling your sorry broke a.ss in the deepest part of the nigerian jail.
I wish she can visit her family this december to at least cool off. What the flying fvck

Calm Down,abeg..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Ladeola(f): 11:39pm On Dec 20, 2017
Chommieblaq:

You took the words out of my mouth.
I truly don't understand why some people are blaming the op. Put yourselves in his shoe, how can you give your wife 75% of your rent money(she's aware it's rent money) and she can't give account for it, it's not like he's not been providing money for food and family upkeep, please how do you want him to react? Pat her on the back abi.
for this kind of our Naija economy.
Annoying part is she never mentioned it till he asked for the money.
Haba!

I can't just understand why she would attempt suicide, let her see a doctor or involve her people, make person pikin no die for your hand. What if you didn't get to her on time?
Something is wrong somewhere
U're so on point jare

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by dingbang(m): 5:34am On Dec 21, 2017
She wasn't supportive. She ate the money and wanted to commit suicide so that you will spend another money for her burial and cater for the kids alone..

That to me is selfishness and wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by queenfav(f): 5:59am On Dec 21, 2017
It's not the house rent, death fit don dey hungry her before! Ask her what the real problem is.All the op narrated (if that's the truth) isn't enough to make her suicidal. If she really is, then please seek help from a psychiatrist. It could be that she is psychotic and most of them hate criticism of any kind!
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Efewestern: 6:05am On Dec 21, 2017
MrBottle:

just keep shut if u have no reasonable thing to say, kiddos everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 21, 2017
kennyklenz:

No comment .....go ahead

You need to go for counselling, you are not managing your family properly, your wife is suicidal because of the way you treat her

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by abu99err(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2017
you guys blaming the Op are unreasonable! how Can you blame the Op for the actions of the wife?

a husband that entrusted his wife with something as important as house rent? is whom you guys are blaming...... it is highly unfair.

to me the woman is a coward if you ask me, you spent the rent money entrusted to you to keep probably because you have put yourself in one problem or the other, and some people probably born with silver spoon are insulting the op

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by MrBottle: 8:14am On Dec 21, 2017
kimbraa:
Did you have to call him an animal?. Grow up or shut up!.
Get lost both
Efewestern:

just keep shut if u have no reasonable thing to say, kiddos everywhere.
of you
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by spawnx: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2017
This is quite gnarly situation but what role does palm oil play in resuscitation.
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by toutlemonde: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:

You took the words out of my mouth.
I truly don't understand why some people are blaming the op. Put yourselves in his shoe, how can you give your wife 75% of your rent money(she's aware it's rent money) and she can't give account for it, it's not like he's not been providing money for food and family upkeep, please how do you want him to react? Pat her on the back abi.
for this kind of our Naija economy.
Annoying part is she never mentioned it till he asked for the money.
Haba!

I can't just understand why she would attempt suicide, let her see a doctor or involve her people, make person pikin no die for your hand. What if you didn't get to her on time?
Something is wrong somewhere
Even if he has been providing money for food and upkeep, at times it's not enough,most especially if he has been doing it on his own terms and not hers... He apportions an amount for feeding perhaps but is the wife who goes to the market to find out that it is a different scenario and would probably have to explain to a husband that does not understand... the op hasnt said it all, otherwise does it make sense to you that she would want to commit suicide over that? she was probably threatened and the embarrassment too telling eveyone that this is what his wife is up to, instead of resolving it amicably with her....
still I stand on the grounds that 0P has been emotionally abusive..

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Lol the wife is not the victim, I always say it no matter what you do, men can't be victims, it will be spunned in a way that always make the women victim. Now not only is OP bashed and accused, he still has to come IP with another rent money. I love this society women and victim hood go hand in hand.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Pearl05(f): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2017
kennyklenz:

I let her know that the money is for our house rent.....the money was given to her on August ......and she is aware of my financial predicament

Your wife might have loss the money on one of those platforms that promised to double the money. Maybe she didn't know how to open up on you so she felt that taking her life is the best thing to do. Thank God that you weren't a minute too late. Please don't leave her alone, get someone to stay with her until everything is settled. Probably her mother, sister or friend. As for the landlord go back to him with one of those people that rescued her and ask that he give you more time. Let him collect the 25% with you for now.

So many cases of inability to pay rent in the country so you are not the only one.

My concern is on ur wife and little girl. God gave you a second chance for a reason.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Chommieblaq(f): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2017
toutlemonde:

Even if he has been providing money for food and upkeep, at times it's not enough,most especially if he has been doing it on his own terms and not hers... He apportions an amount for feeding perhaps but is the wife who goes to the market to find out that it is a different scenario and would probably have to explain to a husband that does not understand... the op hasnt said it all, otherwise does it make sense to you that she would want to commit suicide over that? she was probably threatened and the embarrassment too telling eveyone that this is what his wife is up to, instead of resolving it amicably with her....
still I stand on the grounds that 0P has been emotionally abusive..

I'm sure she knows their financial capability, what happened to letting him know that she has used the money, she kept quiet about it till now, not even part of the money but all.
If the prices of things in the market goes up, why not tell the husband?

I don't live with oo, I don't know if he's emotionally abusive or not, but given the situation most people would flare up.
Who knows, she might have lost the money in all these Ponzi scheme.
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by xcitedjay(m): 10:08am On Dec 21, 2017
MrBottle:
Don't mind the ineffectual buffoon. To think that he is not elated that the WIFE is still breathing speaks a lot. A hot slap to hot wire his brain will go a long way.

You're obviously a kid who don't know what it takes to run a family. You will leave your father's house one day and start paying rent. Maybe then you'd know better than kicking a man who is already down. Your insults and negative filled comments are evident of your poor upbringing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by lereinter(m): 10:52am On Dec 21, 2017
man dont take this lightly
this is not child's play
report and speakout
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by duduade: 11:21am On Dec 21, 2017
le her be acting drama...

money that she has wacked finished!!!!!!!!!!!

God save us all from poverty............

Amen
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by toutlemonde: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:

I'm sure she knows their financial capability, what happened to letting him know that she has used the money, she kept quiet about it till now, not even part of the money but all.
If the prices of things in the market goes up, why not tell the husband?

I don't live with oo, I don't know if he's emotionally abusive or not, but given the situation most people would flare up.
Who knows, she might have lost the money in all these Ponzi scheme.
well, she could have been telling him passively what it is ; but still end up providing their daily feeding, and he might have seen that what he had on the table was beyond his acclaimed daily allocation to her and he asked no questions ..u see? like it was a miracle.

ponzi or no ponzi.. he has to find a way to make her open up. it's usually the fear of the consequence that would make a person to be reserved with something like this,to attempting suicide.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by armyofone(m): 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2017
Op, please what does your wife do for a living ? Working, looking for job, buying and selling or stay at home with the little kid? Try empowering her so that one person doesn't carry the financial burden.
Always leave your rent money in the bank.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
armyofone:
Op, please what does your wife do for a living ? Working, looking for job, buying and selling or stay at home with the little kid? Try empowering her so that one person doesn't carry the financial burden.
Always leave your rent money in the bank.

Advice well taken ....thanks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Eketem: 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2017
kennyklenz:

Advice well taken ....thanks

Liar, you picked a trending story and passed it off as your own be here collecting advise and giving one liners.

Liar
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2017
Eketem:

Liar, you picked a trending story and passed it off as your own be here collecting advise and giving one liners.

Liar
bloggers stole his story rather. his user name is "kennyklenz" bloggers termed him MR kenny. bloggers stole his story
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by williamdeluxe(m): 5:44am On Dec 22, 2017
broda send her packin... u kud ave bin in kirikiri maximum prison bkux of a crime u knw nottin abt... broda shez manipulating n using you

bliv me she used DAT money 4 sumting evil... dahx Y she can't give a reasonable acct of how she spent it nd to avoid telling u d truth she staged a fake suicide attempt... bliv me no one wil commit suicide bkux of hux rent money

me dahx IX owning my landlord 4months rent, did I commit suicide
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Omokiez: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2017
Well well well, firstly let me start by thanking God something bad that will cost life never happened.
In my own opinion she went too far. Committing suicide over a mere money matter is very vey uncalled for.
Any normal human being will go angry � when faced with such insincere monetary situations, considering the economic hard times befalling Nigerians at least she ought to understand that.
My candid advice is to involve her family in this issue and he should be mindful of his actions towards her henceforth.
And for the wife please the world is a simple place to live, if you commit suicide at yours husband expense is going to hurt him more than the good you thought of, think about your child, her up - bringing and her future.
And more also remember the Bible condemned taking ones own life by his or herself.
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by mediocre(m): 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2017
Guitarlife:
I wonder the level of education people condemning the OP have.

You do not have any proof he is abusing his wife. People abroad with all convenience and most who have never suffered for a day even commit suicide so how can some1 start blaming the OP for the wife wanting to commit suicide ?

The OP even acted maturedly and did not beat the wide like most fools blaming him will do.

@OP did you marry this woman or she got pregnant for you and you just decided to formalise the whole arrangement ?

Dont also rule out mental illness or some1 blackmailling your wife for something she might have done.

I wish you all the grace you need to solve this mess.
My thoughts exactly
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Osaronicole: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2017
Your wife has been driven into depression due to your constant nagging on financial issues.

Your hurtful words could have driven her to end her life, asin which kine life be this thinking mode.

U have to be involved in your family spending budget so u know how finances are been managed by her.

It's well. Be her friend, soulmate and reasoning mate.

quote author=kennyklenz post=63460668]

I let her know that the money is for our house rent.....the money was given to her on August ......and she is aware of my financial predicament [/quote]
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Osaronicole: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2017
Your wife loves you very much but u are killing her slowly with your abusive nature..

You two need counseling.

How much sef did you give her as rent and how much was the feeding money and for what duration.

Hope u didn't give her 5k to manage for a month with your baby. She couldn't have starved knowing she had money at home.

quote author=kennyklenz post=63460842]

But does her action show respect or faithfulness ?[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Most Men Wouldn't Marry If They Understood Women Well / GOD is Good / What Is The Meaning Of WOTO-WOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.