Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This (4342 Views)

My Mother Threatens To Commit Suicide If I Don't Leave The House / My Wife Wanted To Commit Suicide Because I Asked Her To Show Me Her Phone / 'No Wife, No Job'; 37-Year-Old Man Threatens To Commit Suicide In Anambra. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Pls don’t abuse my grammer…. Just render a candid advice
My house rent expired last month, so I told my landlord to give me end of December to put myself in order cuz I was thinking of travelling with my family…....before then, I gave my wife 75% of the house rent to keep pending when I will complete it…I just received a call from my office today that salaries are being paid today, besides I am on night duty so it will be till evening before I will receive mine.. I asked my wife to get the money ready that I am going to compete it today to enable me pay the house rent tomorrow against the deadline which is on 24th of this month…only for her to tell me that she has spent the money on our feeding….I got angry yelled at her and called her close friend to ask her where she keep the money..there’s no day I don’t provide for the family …so how come she spent the money on the family…. So after all said and done ….I got angry ….went out with my 1 year old daughter to cool by temper with a bottle of hero…then entering the house I saw her hanged herself…. So I rushed and echoed for help…..
Pls if u are in my shoe, what will u do?
Pls if u have any question pls ask me

1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by dafeyankee: 5:07pm On Dec 20, 2017
Reading.
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Celcius: 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2017
Thank God you saved her.
My advice to you is that in January, you keep the feeding money by yourself and try spend for the family, then you may understand how exactly she has been managing through the months. I pray you don't start asking questions like; where have you been getting money from. Some women are wasters, you didn't sound like she's the type, but if she is, all we can say is sorry.
Be careful and talk gently in other cases, she seems the type that hardly talks an PD can do unpredictable stuffs. Whatever happens you'll be held responsible, so talk gently and wisely.
You've learnt.

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
I will beg her that I have seen another money for the rent. chikena! I don't wanna kill sm1 daughter, then I beg the landlord for some time to pay the rent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by obataokenwa(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmmm. Seems you dont regard her and talks to her harshly...Please renew the love you have for her and learn to talk to her gently

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Rukkydelta(f): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
First thing first your wife needs to see a counselor/psychologist since she is suicidal so that it doesn't happen again
Thank God you were able to rescue her or her family members could have held you respobible
Plead with your landlord to give you extra time and next time don't put money in the care of your wife

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2017
obataokenwa:
Hmmmm. Seems you dont regard her and talks to her harshly...Please renew the love you have for her and learn to talk to her gently

I let her know that the money is for our house rent.....the money was given to her on August ......and she is aware of my financial predicament

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by obataokenwa(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2017
kennyklenz:

I let her know that the money is for our house rent.....the money was given to her on August ......and she is aware of my financial predicament
You've noticed your actions hurts her, so change your approach to her and please dont let your predicaments get too much of your emotions/family.

EVERY PROBLEM GOT EXPIRY DATE.

Dont let anything steal your joy and that of your family. Draw closer to God

16 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Dyt(f): 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 20, 2017
That's not enough of a reason to hang oneself

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2017
obataokenwa:
You've noticed your actions hurts her, so change your approach to her and please dont let your predicaments get too much of your emotions/family.

EVERY PROBLEM GOT EXPIRY DATE.

Dont let anything steal your joy and that of your family. Draw closer to God

But does her action show respect or faithfulness ?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by rayblings(m): 5:32pm On Dec 20, 2017
shocked

Never trust women with money

If you do two things are involved

Its either she's using it on another man or spending on irrelevant things

If she's spending on irrelevant things you are safe but if she's spending on another man two things are involved

Its either they kill you or spend all your fortunes

If they spend all your fortunes you are safe but if they kill you two things are involved

Its either they use ur body as manure or they bury you. If they bury you, you are safe but if they use ur body for manure two things are involved

Its either they use you to grow plants or use you to grow tree, if they use you for plants you are safe but for tree two things are involved

Its either they use you for tissue paper or furniture. If furniture you are safe but tissue has two things involved

Its either a man use u or a woman use u. If a man use u, u are safe but if a woman use you two things are involved

Its either she use you from the front or use you from the back if she use you from the back your are safe but if she use you from the front two things are involved

Its either you send me money you hear the rest or you Dont mind my handsome truth

My brother!!!! The fear of women is the beginning of wisdom.... Save your money in the bank or with baba sikiru, if you save in the bank you are safe but with baba sikiru two things are involved

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by onlyme07(m): 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
Oga,there is something disturbing the woman that she's not saying. A very deep secret I think. She needs a counsellor or a confidant or you be the counsellor and confidant by apologising for yelling,let her see the sincerity in you,ask her to tell you to truth about the money and anything disturbing her that you're ready to forgive and make amends for any wrong deeds she might have done in the past and you will not use it against her now or in the future.

Be sincere with this,pls. She will tell you what you need to know and be a man when you hear some stuffs that seems bad. All you need from her is the truth and nothing but the truth.

Depression leads to sucide and it does not start in a day. Its a way to free the mind of troubles we think its hard to solve. To avoid story that touch in the nearest future,make her your best friend. You talk about anything and everything.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by obataokenwa(m): 5:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
kennyklenz:

She loves you but you're too harsh on her

6 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by MrBottle: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2017
kennyklenz:

This animal is still rambling. You almost killed someones daughter and you have the gut to spill this trash. Looking at the squalor you are living in it is not so hard to believe that she use the money on house keeping and food.

Get lost,. What da fvcking fvck is wrong with you.? No wonder she want to kill herself to get away from you------ you filthy animal.
You are still talking qbout faithful and respect and sh!t while you didn't even bother to hear the poor girl you are married to. How much did you even give to this wife of yours since august as keeping money? Y'all broke ass modafuckers looking for who to vent your anger on, you are lucky or you would've been cooling your sorry broke a.ss in the deepest part of the nigerian jail.
I wish she can visit her family this december to at least cool off. What the flying fvck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrBottle:
This animal is still rambling. You almost killed someones daughter and you have the gut to spill this trash. Looking at the squalor you are living in it is not so hard to believe that she use the money on house keeping and food.

Get lost,. What da fvcking fvck is wrong with you.? No wonder she want to kill herself to get away from you------ you filthy animal.
You are still talking qbout faithful and respect and sh!t while you didn't even bother to hear the poor girl you are married to. How much did you even give to this wife of yours since august as keeping money? Y'all broke ass modafuckers looking for who to vent your anger on, you are lucky or you would've been cooling your sorry broke a.ss in the deepest part of the nigerian jail.
I wish she can visit her family this december to at least cool off. What the flying fvck

No comment .....go ahead

8 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by MrBottle: 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2017
kennyklenz:

No comment .....go ahead
God just saved you now for not writing trash again. Go home and clean up that house while you are at it.
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrBottle:
God just saved you now for not writing trash again. Go home and clean up that house while you are at it.

Still no comment

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Oyindidi(f): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2017
Mrbottle shocked

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by tinutunde(f): 6:38pm On Dec 20, 2017
its likely you have been abusing her emotionally...for her to have thought of committing suicide,brother check yourself

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2017
tinutunde:
its likely you have been abusing her emotionally...for her to have thought of committing suicide,brother check yourself

I swear.... No such a thing

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by GHoJes: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
Mrbottle corked it. You say you were not emotionally abusive? I doubt that because a lot points you were. You mentioned repeatedly that you were angry at her, what choice of words did you use? and i believe its your usual angry choices.
You took a one year old from her mum to drink away the anger caused by her mum, yet you want to convince me you did not threatened her to her near death. How many other dads came with their one year olds? only you came to cool off?
What is even worse is that you have not shown any happiness of one who almost lost his wife but anger still from her 'disrespect and unfaithfulness'. Any man in your shoe who loves his wife would have only remembered the rent after the wife is stable and be scared to leave her alone to go to work.

When you started the story, you sounded like it is the money or life will end, only for me to see that you still have a little job. Again i imagined how you sounded to her. Oga check how you express your anger to her or you might not be lucky next time.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 20, 2017
I wonder the level of education people condemning the OP have.

You do not have any proof he is abusing his wife. People abroad with all convenience and most who have never suffered for a day even commit suicide so how can some1 start blaming the OP for the wife wanting to commit suicide ?

The OP even acted maturedly and did not beat the wide like most fools blaming him will do.

@OP did you marry this woman or she got pregnant for you and you just decided to formalise the whole arrangement ?

Dont also rule out mental illness or some1 blackmailling your wife for something she might have done.

I wish you all the grace you need to solve this mess.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Chommieblaq(f): 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
Guitarlife:
I wonder the level of education people condemning the OP have.

You do not have any proof he is abusing his wife. People abroad with all convenience and most who have never suffered for a day even commit suicide so how can some1 start blaming the OP for the wife wanting to commit suicide ?

The OP even acted maturedly and did not beat the wide like most fools blaming him will do.

@OP did you marry this woman or she got pregnant for you and you just decided to formalise the whole arrangement ?

Dont also rule out mental illness or some1 blackmailling your wife for something she might have done.

I wish you all the grace you need to solve this mess.

You took the words out of my mouth.
I truly don't understand why some people are blaming the op. Put yourselves in his shoe, how can you give your wife 75% of your rent money(she's aware it's rent money) and she can't give account for it, it's not like he's not been providing money for food and family upkeep, please how do you want him to react? Pat her on the back abi.
for this kind of our Naija economy.
Annoying part is she never mentioned it till he asked for the money.
Haba!

I can't just understand why she would attempt suicide, let her see a doctor or involve her people, make person pikin no die for your hand. What if you didn't get to her on time?
Something is wrong somewhere

18 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by jaychubi: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2017
She is a complete idiot y would she spend the money without telling you.

Anyway two wrongs doesn't make a right, forgive her n source money somewhere else to pay the rent
Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2017
kennyklenz:

Suicide attempt?

There is more to this than just house rent.

Either she trying to cover something up or something is trying to cover her up.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by eyinjuege: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2017
You're on a long thing. Long journey ahead of you.

My advice- take it as a matter of utmost urgency.
1. Take her to a hospital for check up immediately. If the dr says she's physically alright
2. Take her to see a psychiatrist immediately. Do it tomorrow morning

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by MrBottle: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2017
GHoJes:
Mrbottle corked it. You say you were not emotionally abusive? I doubt that because a lot points you were. You mentioned repeatedly that you were angry at her, what choice of words did you use? and i believe its your usual angry choices.
You took a one year old from her mum to drink away the anger caused by her mum, yet you want to convince me you did not threatened her to her near death. How many other dads came with their one year olds? only you came to cool off?
What is even worse is that you have not shown any happiness of one who almost lost his wife but anger still from her 'disrespect and unfaithfulness'. Any man in your shoe who loves his wife would have only remembered the rent after the wife is stable and be scared to leave her alone to go to work.

When you started the story, you sounded like it is the money or life will end, only for me to see that you still have a little job. Again i imagined how you sounded to her. Oga check how you express your anger to her or you might not be lucky next time.
Don't mind the ineffectual buffoon. To think that he is not elated that the WIFE is still breathing speaks a lot. A hot slap to hot wire his brain will go a long way.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Richy4(m): 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
Based on your story, U did nothing wrong.. You have every right to be angry... At least she was aware of the reason why the money was given to her ..If there was no grocery @ home , she should have told you and ask if she can use part of the money ...it's not rocket science..

That's communication and understanding.. Anyone in your shoes will be angry....

However I think she is suicidal, a shrink would help in this situation..

One last thing, take down those second, third and fourth pictures we don't need it.. just for your dignity and self respect

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by GHoJes: 7:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
MrBottle:
Don't mind the ineffectual buffoon. To think that he is not elated that the WIFE is still breathing speaks a lot. A hot slap to hot wire his brain will go a long way.
It indeed says it all.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by Raincolour(f): 9:40pm On Dec 20, 2017
You are very lucky she didn't die. Now you know your wife is seriously emotional and not the tough -words-cant -hurt-me kind of lady. Pls handle her softly and with wisdom henceforth. When angry, instead of shouting and raising hell, try talking to her in gentle but firm tones .This will appeal to her heart more and make her want to please you. Harsh words don't change or touch some people's hearts. People like me. It just makes the recipient to resent and sometimes fear the one spitting out the harsh words.
When I was a child/adolescent, I preferred to be flogged than being talked to harshly or criticized non-stop. Talk and stop or you beat me. Let the matter end. I understand your wife though she went too too far. Pls handle her gently till she is stable and doesn't think suicidal thoughts again as an option when she is down. She is not abnormal . Just going through a lot of emotional despair. Oga, change approach. Love her, show her you love her despite her flaws in money management. I am sure she has other strengths. Encourage her.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Tried To Commit Suicide Because Of This by sisisioge: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
Wow! Thank God the devil was put to shame! How much could your house rent have been bikonu? Hian!

Anyways, since you now know she's GTB, saving money with her should be well thought out. I will suggest you bank elsewhere. It is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Save This Situation- A Teenager / I Have A Problem Pls Advice / What Unpopular Opinion Do You Hold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.