Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors (38127 Views)

Meet Precious Nwosu, The CEO Of Pians Enterprise / Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory / The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by anonimi: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2017
humphrey1356:
please oo..u stop distracting us, tell us how they are sharing the boko haram money

Let me ask Oga buhari aka barawo bubu what he has done with our $1 billion plus the Baru NNPC $26 billion grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5KqE0Qg8js

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3236486_buharidefeatsbokoharam4_jpeg3b14d0e7f2d2c32d3b117b1eb1fc793c

3 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Chetimah(m): 6:58am On Dec 21, 2017
tribalistseun:
Gtbbank is dead already there burial is on 2nd of january
.for your plastic mind baa?

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Rolings: 6:58am On Dec 21, 2017
ChimaAgbalajob:
Now EFCC is the judiciary that arrest and release people on bail? grin grin grin grin grin grin

See what the dullard has done to our country

In your small mind its only court that can order peoples arrest and grant bail....... one wonder at times if you guys have any brain at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by mildflame: 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
See how USLESS GTBank n ANIMAL EFCC don cook food for IPOB
Good 4GTBank just like Diamond Bank I neva liked both very Kparakporish 4my liking

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
Many people don't reason before they act or talk. Boycott Gtb campaign that is going on in the South east peradventure Gtb closes down in South east both gtb and easterner will loose. How many branches of the bank are there? Those that will loose their job, will they be provided another job? Free Innoson campaign is OK but boycott Gtb to me is not a good idea.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by humilitypays(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
pressplay411:
My understanding so far.
Innoson banks with GTB, accesses their facility and incurred wrong bank charges to the tune of over 700 million Naira.
After back and forth with GTB, he wins his suit to the tune of 8 billion Naira.
GTB feeling embarrassed exposes his business malpractices and fraudulent shipping documents and reports to EFCC.
EFCC being an antigraft agency summons him and he was discharged. They summon him again, this time he fails to honour the invitation. They move in on him to arrest him in his Enugu residence. He resists arrest and engages them with his own force. They call for back up, and things spiralled out of control. His wife gets slapped, he gets arrested.
That said, how did this turn to an inter-tribal witch-hunting?
It's simply a GTB VS Innoson fight. Pls let's always get our facts right and not let sentiments make a mockery of our intelligence and education.
Do you know why everyone is saying it is because he is Igbo The answer is, with his caliber in this country, he is like the Dangote, the Otedolas, the Adenugas, etc and if it happened to be Dangote believe me, EFCC won't act the way they did. They won't even dare slap his wife for asking questions as woman she is.

Dangote has committed more tax waiver fraud and $$ waiver fraud than anybody dead or alive. He gets $$ waiver to secure $$ at CBN rate to enable him buy industrial equipments to be used in Nigeria as a way of supporting him growing Naija made brand but Dangote will secure this $$$ and then moves it abroad to invest and even sell some at black market rate. He has been doing this for years and who has arrested him

Believe me, there is Igbo phobia in Nigeria; among Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba in Nigeria just as there is Israel phobia among Arabs.

Innoson is a well known personality that can't runaway, why would efcc invade his home just like that

Believe me, efcc has been a thug association ever since Buhari came into power just like it was during OBJ.

Nigerians should stop voting retired military officers and uniform men into power under democracy, they can never be democratic....they only understand gun barrels and bullets.

Both Buhari, Atiku and every other retired uniform officer don't deserve to rule Nigeria, Nigerians wake up, don't vote Buhari or Atiku as president come 2019, try a businessman, an industrialist, a retired civil servant, banker, technocrats, educationists, accountants, don't vote retired uniform men to rule Nigeria, they are all disaster to this nation since 1966

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by ismo234(m): 7:00am On Dec 21, 2017
So, where does the GTBank narrative come in here?

BeijinDossier:
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released the statement below announcing the release of Innocent Chukwuma, the chief executive officer of Innoson Motors.

The businessman was released on bail, the EFCC said.

READ FULL STATEMENT BY THE EFCC BELOW

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has released Nnewi, Anambra-State born Industrialist, Chief Innocent Chukwuma on bail.

The business man who runs a local auto assembly plant was arrested on Tuesday December 19, 2017 at his Enugu residence, following his refusal to respond to invitations by the Commission, after initially being granted administrative bail by the Commission, while his surety could also not be found.

Unfortunately the industrialist resisted arrest and stirred controversy by bringing six truck-loads of thugs to block the entrance to his Plot W1, Industrial Layout, Abakaliki Road, Emeni, Enugu, home.

This was after he initially misled the Police Command by informing them that his home had been invaded by armed robbers and kidnappers despite the fact that operatives of the Commission duly identified themselves to policemen guarding his home.

His unruly thugs encircled and manhandled operatives of the Commission who had gone to effect the arrest.

Consequently, a distress call was sent to the Commission’s Enugu Office for reinforcement.

In all of this, the Commission’s operatives acted with decorum and civility. No one was manhandled or assaulted by the EFCC team, and not a single shot was fired, despite the provocation.

Chief Chukwuma and his brother, Charles Chukwuma (who is still at large), are being investigated by the Insurance and Capital Market Fraud Section of the Commission’s office in Lagos over matters bordering on N1, 478, 366, 859.66 fraud and forgery.

The industrialist, among other infractions, allegedly used forged documents to secure tax waivers.

Wilson Uwujaren
Head, Media & Publicity
20th December, 2017

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/253136-breaking-innoson-boss-innocent-chukwuma-released-bail.html/amp

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by putin4: 7:01am On Dec 21, 2017
End GTB,End apc

3 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by michoim(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2017
This is why it is good to listen to two sides before making rash conclusions. This Innosson man seems to be a crook; caughting controversies on every front

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by mandmis007(m): 7:01am On Dec 21, 2017
Unfortunately the industrialist resisted arrest and stirred controversy by bringing six truck-loads of thugs to block the entrance to his Plot W1, Industrial Layout, Abakaliki Road, Emeni, Enugu, home.

This was after he initially misled the Police Command by informing them that his home had been invaded by armed robbers and kidnappers despite the fact that operatives of the Commission duly identified themselves to policemen guarding his home.

His unruly thugs encircled and manhandled operatives of the Commission who had gone to effect the arrest.

Consequently, a distress call was sent to the Commission’s Enugu Office for reinforcement.

In all of this, the Commission’s operatives acted with decorum and civility. No one was manhandled or assaulted by the EFCC team, and not a single shot was fired, despite the provocation.

Chai, EFCC! Una mumu don too much. Hear una excuse. It's a pity.

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Neoteny(m): 7:02am On Dec 21, 2017
Vinstel:
Nonsense EFCC. Very dumb people. After you destroy local investors with ur stupid actions. The government will come out tomorrow to beg foreign investors to invest in the country. Who will be foolish to invest in a country like this? when they see you destroying your own local business people, how can they take the risk to invest in Nigeria?

Of what value is Innoson motors to the nigerian economy?

His failing business is an economic drop in the ocean and is most likely a cover for some crime.

I've never in my life ever seen an IVM vehicle, nor even an ad for one besides a few screenshots here and there.

I can bet even you have not seen any of his cars, nor know anyone who has one. Igboes buy Benz and Camrys and NOT IVM. So why don't you chest-beating zealots patronize him?

Because his cars are prefab chinese crap that no one in their right minds would buy one.

None of your chiefs, governors, legislators, businessmen or celebrities ever drive an IVM.

So what's the exaggerated rage about?

The man is absolutely a crook and will be very soon in jail, where he belongs, like all the millions of igboe crooks roaming the street terrorizing hapless nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by franudi: 7:04am On Dec 21, 2017
EFCC is a stupid organization. They are talking nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2017
pressplay411:
My understanding so far.
Innoson banks with GTB, accesses their facility and incurred wrong bank charges to the tune of over 700 million Naira.
GTB feeling embarrassed exposes his business malpractices and fraudulent shipping documents and reports to EFCC.
EFCC being an antigraft agency summons him and he was discharged. They summon him again, this time he fails to honour the invitation. They move in on him to arrest him in his Enugu residence. He resists arrest and engages them with his own force. They call for back up, and things spiralled out of control. His wife gets slapped, he gets arrested.
It's simply a GTB VS Innoson fight. Pls let's always get our facts right and not let sentiments make a mockery of our intelligence and education.

Very astute and sound feedback.

can i pee on you i want to mark my terriotry and claim your brain for myself
Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by pokipoki: 7:05am On Dec 21, 2017
tribalistseun:
Gtbbank is dead already there burial is on 2nd of january
Dumbass!!!

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by winterfell007(m): 7:05am On Dec 21, 2017
pressplay411:
My understanding so far.

Thank u my brother. Why must my people always allow enthic sentiments becloud their sense of judgement??. Let Innoson and GTB slug it out. When they were doing business together, they didn't remember their enthicity, why must it be now whe the deal has gone south??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 21, 2017
Neoteny:

Igboes and wishful thinking.

You think your kidnap ransom and other proceeds of crime can bring down a company worth trillions?

No wonder you fukkers are stuck in a rut daydreaming about some magical biafra since 1960.

Nah bruv, you sound lika dunce.. is it the armed robbery , rape , ATM fraud, mortgage fraud, pension fraud, indentity theft proceeds that you guys generate that will keep a bank afloat?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by shekauvsbuhari: 7:09am On Dec 21, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
Okay, Released On Bail, After Depositing His Passport....

Good!
Olosho, did u read deposit passport there?

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by tiwiex(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2017
Vinstel:
Nonsense EFCC. Very dumb people. After you destroy local investors with ur stupid actions. The government will come out tomorrow to beg foreign investors to invest in the country. Who will be foolish to invest in a country like this? when they see you destroying your own local business people, how can they take the risk to invest in Nigeria?
He is not even a local investor. Most of those parts are imported and assembled here. I am also surprised he is not even getting import wavers. Buhari's government fights corruption blindly at the expense of bugger issues. Everyone is scared right now.

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by uglyafonja: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
Innoson must pay his debts.

And with the way innoson played a smart one on GTB, no bank in this country should offer him loan again.

A debtor claiming right. Wonders shall never end.

So many banks will be ready to offer him loan......

AFONJAS are Fraudsters, thieves, baba ijebu and yahoo yahoo people.....

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by odomanis: 7:10am On Dec 21, 2017
Diiet:
Innoson must pay his debts.

And with the way innoson played a smart one on GTB, no bank in this country should offer him loan again.

A debtor claiming right. Wonders shall never end.

Did you go to school at all ?

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by uglyafonja: 7:12am On Dec 21, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Nah bruv, you sound lika dunce.. is it the armed robbery , rape , ATM fraud, mortgage fraud, pension fraud, indentity theft proceeds that you guys generate that will keep a bank afloat?

maybe ,it is the head hunting, omoniles and agbero money

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by linearity: 7:13am On Dec 21, 2017
EFCC is just blowing hot air.

They don’t have the powers to grant anyone bail, only a Judge can grant bail.

They just let him walked, when they wouldn’t find anything to hold him further or charge him to court.

Bail only comes after been charged to a court with an offense, not when the prosecution is still doing pre case filing investigations.

5 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by FBIL: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2017
INNOSON arrested on tax waivers? How many times have you arrested DANGOTE?

3 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 21, 2017
jamesibor:

Dude, me and u no be mate. As I type, I'm in London where I came in to tidy up some business agreements on distribution of certain pharmaceutical products having flown in 2 days ago from China on yet another business trip. Haters gonna die.

Stop that nonsense bro. You are boastful. Being on a business trip in London to sort some deal and either flying first class or coming in in your private jet isn’t something relevant to the topic. You ain’t the only Igbo man here doing business from China to the UK.

I hate when afonjas call us chest beaters but you are proving that tag right. I do not like what is happening to Mr Chukwuma but saying that the idumota branch manager of GTB was begging your brother not to close his account was really stupid.

Kwusi itu onu. If you are making billions everyday, no one wants to know. Make you dough and spend it in peace. Attracting unnecessary attention to every little achievement is bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Neoteny(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2017
Uchihaitaci:

Did you even read what you posted?

Or was it in your haste to respond your fingers were faster than your empty brain?

Because you're talking about the igboes and making my point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 21, 2017
INNOSON and GT BANK saga...
Now, I am not a tribalist.
We don't even know what transpired.
I know that Nigerian government has displayed so much bile and hatred against Igbo businessmen. Ibeto cement saga comes to mind.
Firstly, the manner at which EFCC arrested him was barbaric and sentimental. The manner has said so much, already.
Secondly, the matter should have been calmly taken to court by GT Bank.
Thirdly, in a developed country like the US, the FBI cannot involve itself in individual deals. There are other pressing national issues. But, we already know that security agencies in Nigeria are used against the Igbos.
They should thank their god that we are not united!

1 Like

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Sanchez01: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2017
anonimi:

Barawo bubu has always been a jealous, incompetent fool who does not know how to manage an economy for making money hence he turned the prosperity handed over to him into recession.
That was how he cancelled Lagos metro project in 1984 out of tribal hatred and jealousy.
Who will save us from this wretch
2019, where art thou?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2087214_buharimetro_jpeg0139273fe26a1325be266ba40c34a836
We need not attach every single mishap to politics and ethnicity. Though that part of the piece seems harsh but then again, it is just the truth. Innoson does not manufacture vehicles, he assembles them and brands them.

Premium Times had already reported the forgery part which the bank found out. It is NL only normal that the EFCC was involved after that.

Innoson and his wife played the tribal game almost perfectly and the likes of Ike Ekweremadu and Abaribe found every reason to lace the 'attack' as one affiliated to tribe.

I believe this would serve as an eye opener to banks. Most of these so called business men really have nothing and would not blink twice to make a show should an advantage rear its head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by tiwiex(m): 7:21am On Dec 21, 2017
pressplay411:
My understanding so far.
My opinion. I give u 80/100 for insight and critical thinking. However, I do not agree totally on the ethnic angle. I agree GTB and Innoson were just doing business but Nigeria has been so divided along ethnic lines in the last two years govt agencies need to be careful. I doubt if Babachir Lawal visited d EFCC and our man Maina was reabsorbed by dis same government. People are generally weary of this government perceived bias to a section and they brought it on themselves. How many Fulani herdsmen have been paraded publicly by the police over atrocities in the last two years?

So while I agree d relationship was not ethnic, the outcome identifies Innoson as igbo and they are protesting in d way they can. Finally, there is no evidence of the truckload of thugs. Efcc is usually quick on media trial. They won't miss a photo opportunity. Innoson also failed to show any video or audio of gunshots fired so I no even know. However, considering our journey in recent years, efcc is less believable.

5 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Konze70: 7:22am On Dec 21, 2017
Our great country is becoming an object of mockery . I wonder if our security operatives are breathing from the ass.

2 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by encryptjay(m): 7:23am On Dec 21, 2017
Very stupid statement.
I used to be a proponent of EFCC under PMB but it's been turned to a commission that can be manipulated by top people.
We keep behaving like animals in this country.
There's a process for such cases but EFCC are now like dogs on leashes that you manipulate easily.

3 Likes

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by Sanchez01: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2017
AheadMarket:
INNOSON and GT BANK saga...
Now, I am not a tribalist.
We don't even know what transpired.
I know that Nigerian government has displayed so much bile and hatred against Igbo businessmen. Ibeto cement saga comes to mind.
Firstly, the manner at which EFCC arrested him was barbaric and sentimental. The manner has said so much, already.
Secondly, the matter should have been calmly taken to court by GT Bank.
Thirdly, in a developed country like the US, the FBI cannot involve itself in individual deals. There are other pressing national issues. But, we already know that security agencies in Nigeria are used against the Igbos.
They should thank their god that we are not united!
The FBI tilts towards security, policing and investigation on a federal level while the EFCC as an agency concerns itself with financial crimes which is alleged to have taken place in the case of Innoson.

How are they the same?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement By The EFCC After Granting Bail To The CEO Of Innoson Motors by eagleeye2: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2017
So before this loan was granted, GTB did not carry out a background check on the papers and assets provided by Innoson? Are they this careless or they are just being desperate?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South Africa Attacks: DSTV Call Center Now Unavailable. / No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote / Which Bank Gives Pos Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.